Ch.2

Only in the Apocalypse ~Book 1~

Ch.2


~Last time on OITA~

 

“I take it he told you where we were going?” he asked, sitting next to me.

 

“Yep, but why America?” I asked, staring out at the ocean.

 

“I figured it would be the best place to go.” he said, shrugging his shoulders.

 

“Maybe...I wish we could have brought more people..” I said, watching the water as we went through it.

 

“I know....i'm just glad we got out when we did.” he said, standing up and hugging me around my shoulders.

 

For siblings, we hardly ever fought which surprised the group a lot when we first became friends. Chung Gi and I acted a lot like how Miri and I act around each other. No fights, just dorky love and hugs.


~Now~

 

It took months for us to find a place in the U.S where the shores were crawling with zombies or there were fires surrounding the landing docks. We finally arrived in San Diego, California, a place we were sure was pretty safe according to the radio. Yes, California out of all places.

 

“Has anyone actually ever stayed here and know their way around?” I asked, looking at the group.

 

“Hyun Ki and I have for a while before we moved back to Korea.” Hyun Jung said, stepping forward.

 

“Same goes with Yoon Hye and I.” Jiwoo said, stepping forward as well.

 

“Good. You four should know your way around then. Make sure you have your weapons ready. We need to find a place big enough for all of us.” I said, throwing my bag over my shoulder and lifting up my samurai sword.

 

“Try and keep to melee weapons. Guns will attract them and that is not something I want to deal with.” Miri grumbled, lifting up her twin swords.

 

A lot of us were grumpy after being on the water for so long and being on solid land was something we'd have to get used to.

 

“I think I know a place...if it's still standing and hasn't been taken by other survivors.” Hyun Ki said, moving to the front of the group where I was standing.

 

“If this place has been hit by the virus, i'm sure very little people stuck around.” HyunAe said, looking at everyone.

 

“She's got a point. All the more reason to stick to the melee weapons.” Wonho said, patting his sister on the head.

 

“I'll show you the way then. Keep on the look out for zombies and survivors.” Hyun Ki said, walking forward with me following right beside him.

 

“You realize that if this place HAS been infected, it won't be long before hoards start coming towards where ever we are right?” I asked, glancing around the area.

 

“That's why I said keep an eye out for survivors as well. If there are people we can help, then we should. We could us more people and I don't want to leave people just roaming around waiting to become a free meal.” Hyun Ki said, looking around as well.

 

“How far is this place exactly?” Miri asked, looking at Hyun Ki as we all continued to glance around.

 

“From the area we docked at, about twenty minutes.” He said, adjusting his bag.

 

“That's a good amount of time.” she mumbled, still looking around.

 

“A good amount of time for what?” Myon asked, looking at his twin sister.

 

“If we keep on this road and it goes straight to where we need to get to, then we should try and clean out the surrounding area of zombies. That way the boys can put up the fence around the area and get some kind of security going.” Miri said, smiling at me.

 

“Not this far out though. The fence that we made is only so long. We should try to keep it around the building. If anything, we can start doing rotational patrols. If we are going to make this our permanent residence we should keep the area clean.” I said, looking to my left when I heard something rustle.

 

A cat popped out of the bushes near by before scurrying off again.

 

“Did you two really plan this entire plan in case this ever happened.” Ji Hyun asked, glancing at Miri and I.

 

“Yes.” we both replied, laughing when we caught ourselves.

 

“What exactly did you guys plan?” Minhyun asked, making his presence known.

 

“We'll discuss it when we are safe and in that building.” I said, looking around us again.

 

“How much longer till we get there?” Hana asked, looking behind us to see if anything was following us.

 

“Ten minutes.” Hyun Ki said, continuing on his walk.

 

“I hope that building is still there.” Miri said, coming up to walk beside Hyun Ki and I.

 

“Me too.” I mumbled, looking up at the gray sky.

 

The gray sky had become normal to us. We never knew if it would rain or if it was the smoke of all the burning cities and states burning to the group because of the outbreak.

 

“It's still there. I saw it earlier. The building is pretty tall and can be see a pretty far distance if your in a certain area.” Hyun Ki said, smiling at us.

 

“Now let's just hope it's empty.” Hyunseok said, his hands in his pockets.

 

Hyunseok was one of the quiet members, just like his younger sister Suye and her best friend Hana. They were all very handy with long, sharp knives which made us glad they were around. Hana's brother Minhyun made his presence known often and mostly only spoke with my brother, Myon, or Hyun Jae.

 

“I haven't seen anyone or anything except that cat. Maybe all the zombies moved on and left after nobody was left.” Hana said, looking at a house that had a giant 'X' adorning the front door.

 

“That is a wish that I would hope is true.” Sooyun said, smiling at one of our youngest female members.

 

“We can only hope that the stores were left untouched.” Suye said, glancing around at the different houses.

 

“If anything we can also search the houses for anything they left behind. They won't be needing it anymore anyways.” Wonho said, shrugging when HyunAe hit him.

 

“He's right unnie. With no one left here, there must be a lot that we can use.” I said, fixing my jacket that was around my waist.

 

“We are almost there. That building right there.” Hyun Ki said pointing ahead of us.

 

A fence was already around it, although it look like the place came with it. It was black and at least three stories.

 

“How did you know about this place?” Hyun Jung asked, raising an eyebrow at her brother.

 

“It's been abandoned for a long time. The fence has been here forever too and I figured it'd be a good place to start. I've never seen the inside so I don't know how it looks.” he said, shrugging his shoulders.

 

“Now we just need to make sure it's still abandoned.” I said, moving to look closer at the surrounding fence.

 

“I think the fence goes all the way around....we can save ours for another time.” Miri said, tilting her head.

 

“Let's get a look then shall we.” Sooyun said, moving to the front to open the fence.

 

…........I'm gonna stop here...It's been a long time since I updated and i'm sorry, but I don't want to put in to much info at one time. With a new router and cable, my internet is finally normal speed again and I can use my laptop more often, which means more updating :D Thank you for waiting patiently T~T