Ch.7

Only in the Apocalypse ~Book 1~

Ch.7


~Last time on OITA~

 

“Well there's that, but we can also know which direction all the zombies are going in so that we can avoid it.” I said, motioning to Miri to follow us.

 

We all got to the roof and looked over the edge and watched as hundreds of zombies went in the direction of the loud car.


~Now~

 

“Let's just hope the others are alright.” Hyun Ki said, watching as the last bit went past the entrance of the gun store.

 

“Let's go before more appear. We have to find the others.” I said, turning and leaving the roof.

 

Hyun Ki closed the store behind us and we followed in the direction the other groups went. We found Chung Gi and his mini group first.

 

“Did you get what you need?” Chung Gi asked, holding onto his knees as he bent over to breath.

 

“Yeah. Got everything we needed before a car sped right past the store with a blow-horn going off.” Hyun Ki said, patting him on the shoulder.

 

“Have you seen the other group?” I asked, leaning against Miri to catch my breath.

 

We had run into each other, quite literally, running from two groups of zombies who had heard us moving along. We ran together until it got quiet and now we were hiding in an alleyway.

 

“Haven't seen them since the split.” Myon said, shaking his head.

 

“We saw them follow behind you. Unless they got steered off track.” Miri said, her eyebrows knitting together.

 

“We have to find them.” Hyun Jung said, looking up at her brother.

 

“Let's go.” Chung Gi said, standing up straight and moving to leave the alley.

 

We walked out and saw the group we wanted, running straight for us.

 

“They are missing someone...” I said, counting the group.

 

“Minhyun, Hyunseok, Jiwoo, Jihan, Jihyun, Hana, Yoonhye, Wonho, Hyun Jae,....where is Suye?” Miri said, naming off the people she could see.

 

The group caught up to us and we saw why the were running. A giant hoard of zombies were chasing after them.

 

“Ask later, run now.” Hyunseok said, tears in his eyes.

 

Miri and I glanced at each other before we all started running.

 

“Find a roof that we can get on Hyun Ki.” I yelled, pushing his to run faster.

 

He ran past us, showing a thumbs up.

 

“Let's hope he finds one fast. I've never seen them run this fast.” Chung Gi said, loosing his breath.

 

“OVER HERE!” Hyun Ki yelled, popping up a little ways in front of us.

 

We ran right for him, going up the ladder as fast as we could, one-by-one.

 

“Keep going, i'll hold them off.” Hyunseok said, killing zombies as we went.

 

“Come on Park, all of us are up.” Chung Gi said, calling to the male still killing the zombies as they ran past.

 

He looked up at us before handing us his gun and climbing the ladder.

 

“What the hell happened?” I asked, looking at my knee.

 

“Stupid son of a . A car went right by us while we were on the road, heading away from one of the stores. It was blasting a stupid horn. We had no time to get to safety before the zombies appeared. We ran as fast as we could.” Hana said, trying to hold back her tears.

 

“Suye...where is she?” I asked, my eyes wide.

 

“She's gone, all of her. They left nothing.” Hyunseok said, his teeth grinding together.

 

Miri and I looked at each other in shock before looking at Hana. The girl was broken. We crawled to her and hugged her and tight as we could as she started to cry. The other girls soon joined the hug. The guys stood around, knowing it was best not to go near Hyunseok. Everyone except for Minhyun, who sat right next to his best friend and allowed him to break slowly at his own pace and when he did, Minhyun was right there.

 

“Chaeri, you're bleeding.” Chung Gi said, moving close to me.

 

“It's nothing.” I said, looking up at him from inside the cluster hug around Hana.

 

“It's--” Chung Gi stopped when I glared at him.

 

We stayed on the roof as the sun started to go down.

 

“We have to get to the building.” I said, detaching myself from the hug.

 

“Then let's go.” Hyunseok said, standing up and making his way to the ladder.

 

“He'll be alright. It hurts right now and it's always going to hurt. He just has to heal at his own pace.” I said, walking up to Minhyun.

 

“I just hope zombies are the only thing on his kill list.” he said, shaking his head before looking down at his sister.

 

“You and me both.” Chung Gi said, climbing down the ladder after Hyunseok.

 

We all slowly made our way back to the building as the sun was dipping under the horizon.

 

“You're finally back.” HyunAe said, coming out of the gate.

 

Hyunseok walked right past and went to his room after putting the food on the ground.

 

“What happened?” Sooyun asked, looking through the group.

 

“Suye...she didn't make it. A car had gone through town blasting a horn and their group was out in the open when it flew past them.” Miri said, sadness clear in her tone.

 

“My baby...” HyunAe said, starring off into space at the news.

 

“Unnie...” Hana said, slowly walking up to her.

 

HyunAe grabbed Hana and wrapped her into a hug before they both started to cry.

 

“I'm gonna find the son of a that was driving that car and snap his neck.” HyunAe said, tears running down her face as she held Hana.

 

“Let's get some sleep.” Chung Gi said, patting my arm as the others went in.

 

Everyone slowly went to their rooms, HyunAe going in to sleep with Hana so the girl wasn't alone. I sat on my bed looking down at my bloody knee.

 

“You should probably take care of that or it'll get infected.” Hyun Ki said, carrying a first aid kit in his hands.

 

“I probably should.” I said, staring at it, my entire body numb.

 

“What happened?” he asked, kneeling in front of me and opening the kit.

 

“Slammed my knee on the roof while we were all climbing.” I glanced up at him as he opened a sterilized napkin pack.

 

“Sounds like it hurt.” he said, moving to clean off my knee.

 

“I don't feel anything right now.” I mumbled, watching him dab the napkin onto my knee.

 

He didn't reply and instead finished taking care of my knee. After he was done he stood up and out the kit on the shelf.

 

“Get some rest Chaeri. You'll feel it in the morning.” he said, moving to get into his own bed.

 

“I hope so.” I grumbled, moving to lay down.


…........annnnddddddd.........that happened. It can't be a zombie story with out someone dying and it took me a few days to actually pick who it would be.....please forgive me T~T..... soon the other group will finally make an appearance so please be patient. Everyone in the group will seem a bit off as they deal with the death of someone they love, but it will quickly get washed away as they deal with the responsibility of taking care of their health as well as a world that won't wait for them to feel better.....sooooo......hope you liked the chapter and see you next time :D Baibai <3