Ch.13

Only in the Apocalypse ~Book 1~

Ch.13


~Last time on OITA~

 

“I have no idea. That's the first time Jihoon's done that to..well...anyone.” Dino said, shrugging his shoulders.

 

“He probably wants to make sure her knee is okay.” Jun said, leaning against the now nearly empty couch.


~Now~

 

“Ow ow ow.” I continuously said, being pulled up the stairs by Jihoon.

 

“Jihoon. You're hurting the girl.” Jeonghan said, trying to give me some kind of support as I was yanked.

 

“Oh. I forgot about her knee.” Jihoon said, stopping to look at us.

 

“I won't even ask how, but why are you dragging her up the stairs anyways?” Jeonghan asked, looking at Jihoon as he walked up the steps slower.

 

“Because I want to show her something.” he mumbled, not really stopping to elaborate.

 

“What does Jeonghan have to do with it?” I asked, raising an eyebrow that wasn't even seen.

 

“He's helping me show you.” Jihoon said, pushing the both of us into his room.

 

“What?” Jeonghan asked, even more confused than he had already been.

 

Jihoon finally let go of my hand and grabbed something off the table. He handed it to Jeonghan before walking away and disappearing into his closet and then reappearing with a guitar case.

 

“Wait...do you want me to sing this to her?” Jeonghan asked, looking up from the paper he'd been staring at.

 

“Yes. You sing, I play.” Jihoon said, setting up the guitar.

 

“Man of few words I see.” I mumbled, sitting on the bed next to Jeonghan.

 

“Not if you see the lyrics to this song.” Jeonghan said, passing me the sheet of paper.

 

I looked at it before passing it back to Jeonghan since he was the one who was supposed to sing.

 

“Okay. I'll tell you when to start singing.” Jihoon said, looking at his guitar and strummed it a few times.

 

He gave Jeonghan the cue to start singing and when he did I was blown away. Jihoon wasn't kidding when he said Jeonghan could sing. He sang the entire song like he's known it his whole like before the song finished and Jihoon looked proud.

 

“You wrote this?” I asked, looking at the paper in Jeonghan's hands before looking at Jihoon.

 

“Yeah. I finished it last night.” he said, slowly putting the guitar down.

 

“Why did you want to show her this?” Jeonghan asked, handing the lyrics to Jihoon, who took it and put it in a baby pink binder.

 

“Because now she has to show me how good her writing skills are.” Jihoon said, looking over at me expectantly.

 

“Uhhhh...what?” I asked, completely confused and at a loss for words.

 

He wrote a song, played the guitar and made the man with an angel's voice sing it so that I would write a story?

 

“You write?” Jeonghan asked, looking over at me in surprise.

 

“I used to. My major in college was creative writing. I haven't written since the outbreak started.” I said, looking down at the ground.

 

“No one has to read it. I can read it to myself if you are that scared of your writing skills being dusty.” Jihoon said, standing up to put his guitar back in the closet.

 

I looked at Jihoon, then glanced at Jeonghan who's mouth was still hanging open and sighed.

 

“I guess. Only you and Jeonghan can read it though.” I said, standing up from the bed, getting Jeonghan to finally close his mouth.

 

“Why Jeonghan?” Jihoon asked, coming out and closing up the closet.

 

“Because you made him sing.” I said, hobbling to the door.

 

“I deserve to read her story too since I partook in this.” Jeonghan said, flicking Jihoon's forehead.

 

“Let's head back downstairs before my brother thinks you two are trying to do unspeakable things to me.” I said, opening the door and walking away.

 

Jeonghan and Jihoon caught up, helping me down the stairs.

 

“What happened?” Miri asked, raising an eyebrow as we entered the room.

 

“Nothing. Just wanted to make sure than she wasn't feeling side effects from the anesthesia.” Jeonghan said, sitting down on the couch next to her.

 

“Sooo....he drags her up the stairs?” Chung Gi asked, looking at Jihoon.

 

“I already apologized for that.” Jihoon said, sitting next to me on a separate couch.

 

Most of the others had either gone into the kitchen or dispersed to their rooms.

 

“I'm gonna look around the house. Kitty, wanna follow me?” Miri asked, standing up quickly from the couch and moving towards me.

 

“Sure. Help me up.” I said, holding out my arms so she could pull me.

 

“Kitty?” Dino asked, raising an eyebrow as he walked into the living room.

 

“Story for another time.” I said, smiling at him before Miri dragged me away.

 

We walked towards the back of the house before Miri stopped and looked up at me.

 

“What really happened when he dragged you and the pretty boy nurse up the stairs?” Miri asked, tilting her head.

 

“I knew you'd catch on. He writes songs and he finished one last night. This morning I'd mentioned that I wrote stories and so...he pretty much dragged us up there so that Jeonghan could sing while he played guitar. In return, I have to write a story for them both to read.” I said, watching her eyelid twitch before she laughed.

 

“That explains the reason most of the members started mumbling random things. I'm a bit suspicious though.” Miri said, leaning against the wall with concentration etched on her face.

 

“About what?” I asked, looking at her as her eyes squinted even more.

 

“Two of the members were having a very heated conversation. Kept looking at us before they finally left the room.” Miri said, running a hand slowly through her hair.

 

“Which two members?” I asked, looking around to see if anyone was near us.

 

“Tall Chinese member....looks like a model and the leader...JR I think.” Miri said, waving her hands around.

 

“Oh, you mean Junhui? I's sure it's harmless.” I said, looking around the room again.

 

We were in the hallway leading to the back door and heard shuffling before hearing muffled noises. Miri put a finger to and started listening.

 

'I'm telling you that group is trouble. Tell Jihoon I want them to leave. I don't care if the girl is injured because she isn't even one of our own. Wasting medical supplies on a girl.' the guy scoffed, making me and Miri glance at each other before listening again.

 

'What are you so concerned for? They seem innocent enough.' Seungcheol's voice rang in my ear and I mouthed his name to Miri.

 

'They lost a member and broke in here because they saw the car they blame for her death. They threatened one of our most innocent members.' the deep voice replied, obviously not having any of this.

I was getting irritated from just listening so I made myself known to the two men.

 

“We already apologized for that. If you have a problem with us do it yourself. Jihoon might not always be there to deliver messages for you. And you call yourself a man, let alone their leader.” I scoffed, mocking him from early before turning and grabbing Miri's hand and walking away.

 

“Where are we going?” Miri asked, following closely behind me.

 

“Back to our own building. We can take car of this thing there.” I said, walking into the living room grumpily.

 

“What happened?” Chung Gi asked, looking between Miri and I.

 

“We are leaving. Our group. Now.” I said, not looking anywhere except my brother.

 

“What happened?” Hyun Ki asked, walking in front the kitchen.

 

“Tell you later. Tell everyone we are leaving.” I said, moving to grab my shoes and put them on.

 

“Are you going to at least tell us what's going on? You can't leave in your condition Chaeri.” Jeonghan said, looking at me concerned.

 

“Ask your leader who can't speak for himself.” I said, shoving my foot into my boots before walking right out the door.

 

'People who use others to do their work irritate me. I'm always wit h my group, helping them out and this guy can't even speak for himself. Pathetic.' I spat out in my head, grumbling as I heard the others coming up behind me.

 

“Unnie? Are you sure you want to risk leaving a nurse behind?” Hana asked, coming up beside me and putting an arm on my shoulder.

 

“If their leader doesn't trust us to be in their hideout, then I will not stay.” I said, turning to look at her.

 

“Then neither will we.” Myon said, crossing his arms comically.

 

“Leave it to Myon to break the tension. Let's get to our own hideout.” Chung Gi said, putting his arm around his best friend's shoulder.

 

As we headed back to our own building, we had no idea what the future had in store.


….........This had a lot of dialog in it and at almost 3:30am I'd say that is pretty good. Also, the song that Jeonghan sings is 'Simple' from their repackaged 'Love&Letter' album (I know it is Jihoon's solo, but since he was playing the guitar I wanted someone else to be singing it). JR won't always be such a di*k, I promise. Chaeri is also really hot-headed when it comes to being a good leader. Thank you for reading and see you soon <3 P.S: Please be on the look out  for the bottom of forward where it says 'Characters', it'll be changing as new characters appear and will be updated a chapter/a few chapters before they are set to appear. If the character has a line through their info then they are dead or ASSUMED dead.