Ch.4

Only in the Apocalypse ~Book 1~

Ch.4


~Last time on OITA~

 

bang bang bang

 

“Zombies at the gate?” I asked, moving to look out the window, only to jump back when I saw what it was.


~Now~

 

While Chung Gi called everyone into the living room to look at what was pounding on the gate, Sooyun, Suye and I kept an eye on it.

 

“So what is the thing pounding on theeee-....oh my god...” Myon stopped talking when he caught site of it.

 

“What the hell is that?” Miri asked, moving closer towards me.

 

“I guess with no humans being left in the area, zombies decided animals would be next.” I said, staring at the red eyed creature trying to get through the gate.

 

“A dog out of all things...a zombie dog?” Hyun Ki said, pointing at it and waving his hands around.

 

“Can someone please, just...kill it. We don't need a zombie dog terrorizing our gates.” Miri said, standing behind me.

 

“As much as I hate to agree...that thing is no longer a dog and is more dangerous than a normal zombie.” I said, my frown deepening.

 

'What has this world come too?' I thought, cringing when I heard someone grab their weapon.

 

“Everyone go into the room. I'll get rid of it.” Minhyun said, walking outside with his spiked bat.

 

“Are you sure you wanna do this?” Hana asked, grabbing a hold of her brothers hand.

 

“Just stay inside with the others.” Minhyun said, moving away from his sister.

 

“Let's go Hana...We don't need to watch this.” Suye said, grabbing her best friend and pulling her away.

 

“All of you, inside now.” Hyun Ki said, pushing us all towards the room where we were all going to sleep.

 

After waiting a few minutes, Minhyun came into the room and laid down.

 

“Don't worry. It's dead and gone. Let's just hope that it's the only one we have to run into.” he said, turning on his side and going to sleep.

 

“Let's all get some sleep. Tomorrow's going to be a long day.” Chung Gi said, moving to lay down in a corner.

 

Miri, Myon and I followed him and laid down on each other. Everyone eventually falling asleep to the sound of the wind.

 

//The next morning//

 

In the morning, everyone woke up bright and early. The sun had just come up and everyone was moving around and discussing what would be done. The girls had broken into groups and were talking about where they would be going and what they would be grabbing. The guys were going off into groups of three to get beds and tables for the rooms.

 

“One thing we can look for are clothes that will fit us. As soon as we have running water, we can all take showers.” I said out loud so that everyone could hear me.

 

“Sounds great.” Hyun Ki said, showing me a thumbs up.

 

“We can start gathering dishes. Hana, Jiwoo and HyunAe are gathering food and Hyun Jung and Jihan are handling the gathering of water for now since Sooyun and Suye are going to be staying here. We can go to different houses to collect things, but we have to make sure to stay within shouting distance.” I said, sitting down with Miri.

 

“The only thing we can hope for is that these people thought hoarding bottled water was a good idea.” Miri said, making me laugh.

 

“Can also hope that at least some of them made it out of here alive.” Sooyun said, sitting down next to us.

 

“How's everything going with the power and water?” I asked, leaning forward on the couch.

 

“Good. Suye and I have already found a good route to link everything. We just have to wire and fix and then everything should run okay. It should take us about...three days? Maybe two if we work hard and fast.” Sooyun said, leaning against the couch with a sigh.

 

“Just don't overwork yourselves. Chung Gi is right...you and Suye are the best we've got when it comes to electrical and plumbing.” Miri said, smiling and patting Sooyun's knee in a comforting way.

 

“Thanks Panda.” Sooyun said, smiling at Miri.

 

“Alright everyone, time to go out. The sun is officially out and so are we. Sooyun, Suye, be careful. Same with the rest of you.” Chung Gi said, glaring at me.

 

“We'll be fine and we'll all be careful.” I said, showing him tongue before walking out.

 

“Make sure she stays safe.” Chung Gi said, hugging Miri before she left.

 

“Yeah, yeah. The worst she'll do is go looking for zombies.” Miri said, waving him off before running away.

 

“I'll search around the houses with them and make sure they stay safe.” Hyun Ki said, patting Chung Gi on the shoulder.

 

“More like you'll follow my baby sister around like a puppy.” Chung Gi said, laughing when Hyun Ki moved away from him quickly.

 

Mari and I headed towards the lower part of the area, closer towards the beach.

 

“I'm hoping that with these houses being so close to the water that no one would care to raid them.” I said, moving towards a house with an 'X' on it.

 

“Let's just move quickly. It's so quiet around here.” Miri said, heading towards the house right across the street.

 

“Scream if you need anything.” I said, waving as she disappeared into the house.

 

“You two should probably try to stay together.” Hyun Ki said, making me jump.

 

“You should probably not sneak up on someone who can smash your head in either, but here we are.” I said, narrowing my eyes at him.

 

“I told your brother I'd watch you guys, but it's kind of hard when you go into opposite houses.” he said, letting me get into the house.

 

“It'll be faster and we'll be able to collect more stuff if we separate. Not to mention we won't be able to get distracted by each other.” I said, heading straight for the kitchen.

 

Hyun Ki didn't say anything and just followed me as I grabbed things off of the shelves.

 

“You know, you can check upstairs for a mattress or something.” I said, turning to look at him.

 

“I know, but the others are already working on it. They are going into each house and pulling out every single mattress they find.” he said, standing up as I moved towards the hallway.

 

“How exactly do they plan on getting them all up to the building?” I asked, looking around the wall.

 

“Stack them on top of each other and then all of them carry the pile to the building. What are you looking for?” Hyun Ki asked, raising an eyebrow as I walked towards the stairs.

 

“Just because my main job is collecting dishes doesn't mean i'm not going to look for other useful things.” I said, shaking my head at him.

 

I went to walk into the bathroom and immediately regretted my decision.

 

“Well...now we know why there was an 'X' on the door.” I said, struggling to breath.

 

“Let's just grab what you need and get out. That's just disgusting.” Hyun Ki said, scrunching up his nose.

 

I grabbed medicine and unopened bottles of toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, and soap before walking out of the bathroom.

 

“Close the door.” I said, waving my arm at Hyun Ki.

 

He did as I said and I let out a breath of air.

 

“Were you holding your breath the entire time?” he asked, moving towards me when I stumbled a bit.

 

“I don't exactly want to smell decomposing body.” I said, moving away and towards the stairs.

 

“I wonder how many houses have the dead just laying around in them...” he said, following me once again.

 

“Hopefully not many. That is the worst smell ever.” I said, shaking my head.

 

After grabbing a few more things from the upstairs bathroom and some clothes from the rooms, Hyun Ki and I finally left the house.

 

“Do you guys have a mind reading trick or something?” Hyun Ki asked, looking across the street as Miri came out with two bags filled with stuff as well.

 

“No...we just talk about things when no one pays attention.” I said, shrugging my shoulders.

 

“Did you find medicine or some other things?...Hi Kiki.” Miri asked, coming closer to us.

 

“Yeah. Got some shower products. You?” I asked, looking at her bags.

 

“They were loaded. I grabbed what I could hold and then left. Seems like they thought it would be a storm. I should probably let HyunAe unnie and them check the place out...they got lots of canned food in there.” she said, moving one bag over her shoulder, the dishes clanking together.

 

“Let's get all this back to the building and we can come out again. The guys are just throwing mattresses out onto the road and plan to pile them up and carry them all in together.” I said, doing the same as Miri before starting to move.

 

Miri, Hyun Ki, and I headed out two more times before the sun went down.

 

“Grabbed a lot of dishes and food. Got quite a bit of medicine and first aid kits. Also got cleaning supplies, shower stuff, clothes, and we have enough mattresses in all of the rooms.” I said, looking at a list I had made after we all got back.

 

“This is great, but tomorrow isn't gonna be an easy trip.” Chung Gi said, laying on the couch.

 

“Why is that?” Miri asked,sitting on the counter next to me.

 

“Because we actually have to go into town tomorrow instead of just raiding the houses around here.” Hyun Ki said, glancing at my brother before looking at me.


…...........That's all for now :D Thank you for reading and if you haven't noticed, the group that they run into has changed. Please forgive me for the change, but I figured that this would be a better set to work with.