Ch.6

Only in the Apocalypse ~Book 1~

Ch.6


~Last time on OITA~

 

“I know he likes her, but I don't see them getting together any time soon.” Myon said, his nose scrunching up.

 

“Let's go to sleep.” Chung Gi said, standing up and dragging the boy to their shared room.


~Now~

 

“Okay everyone. Today is a big day. We've been on land for four days now and this is the first time we are venturing into town. Make sure you stay close to each other. Don't loose sight of one another for a second. We will get what we need as fast as we can and then we leave. If there are too many zombies in one area, make sure you leave as quietly as possible. Suye, I understand you and Sooyun need some tools, so you'll be coming with us to find whatever you need. Use your melee weapons as much as possible so you don't bring attention to yourselves. Let's get going.” Chung Gi said, grabbing his weapon and settling it behind his back.

 

“Is no one going to stay with Sooyunnie?” Hana asked, realizing that Sooyun would be left alone.

 

“Oh, right. Anyone willing to stay back and watch over the place with Sooyun?” Chung Gi asked, scratching the back of his neck.

 

“I'll do it. Should anything out there happen i'll surly die since running is not my best attribute.” HyunAe said, moving out of the group.

 

“Alright. If Sooyun needs any help, do whatever you can.” I said, giving her a thumbs up.

 

“Let's get going.” Hyun Ki said, putting his hand on my shoulder and walking out.

 

We moved quickly through the streets, killing any zombies that happened to pop up on our way to the town.

 

“With zombies popping up more than before we need to be careful. It means we are getting close to the town.” Myon whispered, looking back at his twin.

 

“We are in the town. It's on the next street.” Hyun Ki said, looking behind to make sure our backs were covered.

 

“Okay. We break up now. Remember what I said and grab only what we need. Good luck.” Chung Gi said, hugging me and Miri before taking off with Hyun Jung and Myon.

 

“I've got a feeling this is not gonna end well.” Miri said, watching the second group trail after Chung Gi.

 

“I'm sure we'll all be fine.” Hyun Ki said, moving to go in front.

 

“Let's just get going. Hyun Ki, since i'm sure you know exactly where we have to go, let's get going.” I said, pointing ahead of us.

 

We all walked quietly as the groaning of zombies became louder and louder. Hyun Ki led us straight to a gun store that was boarded up.

 

“How are we supposed to get inside without attracting all of these SOB's?” Miri asked, looking left and right constantly.

 

“Leave that to me.” Hyun Ki said, scooting away from us and disappearing from sight.

 

“He's not very good with instructions.” I said, shaking my head at him.

 

“Where is he even going?” Miri asked, seeing a few zombies look in their general direction.

 

“Whatever it is, he better hurry.” I said, moving to take my sword out in case it became needed.

 

Miri and I turned as we heard shuffling inside the store before the plank covering the door what silently moved.

 

“Well, hurry inside.” Hyun Ki said, huffing as he put the plank against the wall.

 

We all got inside and closed the doors before looking around.

 

“How did you get the plank off the door so bloody quietly?” Miri asked, still using a slight whisper.

 

“It wasn't bolted in...It was just sitting there.” Hyun Ki said, shrugging his shoulders.

 

“I'm not even gonna ask how you knew there was another entrance.” I said, moving to look at all the guns.

 

“Probably best if you don't know anyways.” he said, moving to grab something off the shelf.

 

“This place hasn't even been touched.” Miri said, moving around the store in awe.

 

“That's a good thing. Let's grab everything we can hold and get out. This town gives me the creeps.” I said, starting to stuff ammo into the backpack I had grabbed.

 

Miri and Hyun Ki started to do the same thing as well before we heard noises coming from outside.

 

“What the hell is that godawful noise?” I asked, zipping up the bag and putting it on.

 

“It sounds like a blow-horn or something.” Miri said, covering her ears.

 

“Who is crazy enough to set off a blow-horn in the middle of a zombie infested town?” Hyun Ki asked, doing the same thing as Miri.

 

“Let's stay in here until it stops. I really don't like how this is going.” I said, moving up to the door and looking out.

 

A car sped past the window as the noise grew more and zombies we mindlessly following it.

 

“Someone found a car....I don't think we are the only ones here.” Miri said, sitting down on the ground.

 

“Well, I don't know anyone in our group stupid enough to do this....so yeah. There are more people here.” Hyun Ki said, leaning against the wall.

 

“Kiki...is there a way to the roof?” I asked, looking around the store.

 

“Yeah. Do you think it'll be safer up there?” he asked, getting off the wall and walking towards the back of the store.

 

“Well there's that, but we can also know which direction all the zombies are going in so that we can avoid it.” I said, motioning to Miri to follow us.

 

We all got to the roof and looked over the edge and watched as hundreds of zombies went in the direction of the loud car.


…......annnndddd that's where this chapter will end so your brains can process the fact that they are not alone and someone is indeed stupid enough to drive through a zombie infested town blaring a bloody horn...FUNNNNN...anyways...see you next chapter :D