Ch.14

Only in the Apocalypse ~Book 1~

Ch.14


~Last time on OITA~

 

“Leave it to Myon to break the tension. Let's get to our own hideout.” Chung Gi said, putting his arm around his best friend's shoulder.

 

As we headed back to our own building, we had no idea what the future had in store.


~Now~

 

It had been three days since we arrived back at our own building. I was put on strict bed-rest in hopes that I would heal properly while everyone else did work to get our building going. Sooyun had gotten the power and water working and we only used it during the so that we didn't get the attention of anyone. There had been no word for Jihoon or the group since we had left and it seemed like everyone had returned to normal. Right now everyone was discussing a plan to go back into town.

 

“What can I do?” I asked, walking in on the meeting and sitting on the couch.

 

“Stay here and rest.” Chung Gi said, looking over at me.

 

“I've been doing that. It's quite boring and I want to help.” I said, glaring at him.

 

“Too bad.” he said, getting up and leaving.

 

All the others dispersed and I was left alone with Miri.

 

“What did I do wrong?” I mumbled, looking down at my knee.

 

“Nothing. You didn't do anything wrong. He just wants you to get better.” Miri said, putting her hand on my shoulder before running to meet the others.

 

I sighed loudly to myself and got as comfortable as I could. My knee had been hurting more and more as days went by and even though it was cleaned and redressed constantly, it refused to heal. I looked at the few sheets of papers in my hand and put them in my pocket. The story I had promised Jihoon and Jeonghan was done, but I didn't know if they would ever get it. I sighed once more before closing my eyes and falling asleep.

 

//No one's POV//

 

The group had been gone majority of the day and arrived to Chaeri still asleep on the couch.

 

“Shhh. She's finally sleeping correctly.” Chung Gi said, pushing everyone into the kitchen.

 

“The question is...how long has she been asleep? She hasn't moved from that position since we left.” Miri said, glancing into the living room.

 

“You sure?” Hyun Ki asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

“I was the last one with her.” Miri said, shaking her head at him.

 

Chung Gi left the room and walked over to his sister.

 

“Do you think she's getting worse?” Myon asked, walking in quietly behind him.

 

“She hasn't said anything about her knee hurting.” Chung Gi said, shaking his head before putting a hand against her forehead. He pulled back almost immediately.

 

“We need to get her to Jeonghan.” Myon said, looking around for his sister.

 

“Why him?” Chung Gi asked, standing up straight.

 

“He's the only one we know with medical experience who can help. Don't risk her life over what happened.” Myon said, turning and running out to tell his sister.

 

Chung Gi glanced down at Chaeri before leaving the room in a hurry.

 

“What is Myon yelling? He was talking to fast.” Miri said, running up to him.

 

“We need to get Chaeri to Jeonghan. She's not waking up and she's running a fever.” Chung Gi said, running a hand through his hair.

 

“It's a good thing that we found a running vehicle.” Hyun Ki said, appearing behind the two.

 

“We have to get her there. Now.” Miri said, pushing Chung Gi back into the living room.

 

Chung Gi lifted her up slowly before bringing her outside where Hyun Ki was waiting.

 

“Who'll watch the group?” Chung Gi asked, putting his sister slowly into the car.

 

“You. Miri and I can get her there and make sure she gets taken care of. Meet us there tomorrow.” Hyun Ki said, jumping into the drivers side.

 

Miri had already been sitting in the passengers side. She waved at Chung Gi before the car pulled away.

 

“Do you think they'll help her after what she did?” Miri asked, looking down at her hands.

 

“If Jeonghan and Jihoon have any say in it I'm sure they will.” Hyun Ki said, patting Miri's arm.

 

They arrived at the building the others were staying at and quickly got out of the car.

 

“Go tell them we are here. I'll get Chaeri out of the car.” Hyun Ki said, moving quickly to get her out.

 

Miri ran up to the door and pounded on it as loud as she could. As soon as it opened she leaned down to breath.

 

“Uhhh...Miri right? What's wrong?” Joshua asked, looking down at the girl.

 

“Correct. Chaeri got worse. The group went into town this morning and let her stay home to rest. She hadn't been sleeping good since the night we left and when we got back she was asleep and in the same position as I last saw her in. She won't wake up.” Miri said, tears pooling in her eyes as she tried to catch her breath and speak at the same time.

 

“What's wrong?” Jeonghan asked, coming to the door.

 

Hyun Ki brought the sleeping Chaeri up to the door with pleading eyes.

 

“How long has she been out?” Jeonghan asked, motioning for them to follow inside.

 

“Seven hours maybe. Her brother tried to wake her up, but she's burning up and won't open her eyes.” Miri said, still breathing hard.

 

“Don't worry Miri she'll be okay.” Jeonghan said, smiling at her lightly.

 

“You arrived at a good time. JR is gone right now and probably won't return until tomorrow.” Joshua said, moving to help Jeonghan get Chaeri to his room.

 

“It's best if you stay down here. I'll come get you when she's okay.” Jeonghan said, nicely telling them to stay in the living room.

 

Joshua and Jeonghan disappeared upstairs and were gone for almost three hours.

 

“Ah. Miri unnie you're here?” Dino asked, coming into the living room and nearly dropping his drink.

 

“Yeah....” Miri said, nodding slowly.

 

“Where is kitty unnie?” he asked, looking around the room.

 

“With Jeonghan and Joshua upstairs.” Hyun Ki said, pointing at the stairs.

 

“Oh....Is she okay?” he asked, moving to sit next to Miri.

 

“I hope so....she won't wake up.” Miri said, curling into herself.

 

“I'm sure she'll be fine.” Jihoon said, walking into the living room with Soonyoung following closely behind.

 

“How are you not surprised we are here?” Hyun Ki asked, looking at the pink haired boy.

 

“I heard you when you came in.” he said, sitting on a chair away from the others.

 

“Miri wasn't really quiet when she was talking to hyung.” Soonyoung said,cautiously sitting next to Hyun Ki.

 

Miri didn't say anything and didn't move from her position until Jeonghan and Joshua came down the stairs.

 

“Is she gonna be okay?” Miri asked, standing up quickly.

 

“She'll be fine. She woke up if you want to see her.” Jeonghan said, blinking in surprise as the girl ran straight passed him and up the stairs.

 

“She is very fast.” Joshua said, hearing Jeonghan's bedroom door open and close.

 

“That is her best friend.” Hyun Ki said, shrugging his shoulders.

 

“Well....after Miri comes down she wants to see you.” Jeonghan said, looking over at Jihoon.

 

“Why me?” he asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

“I don't know.” Jeonghan replied, shrugging his shoulders.

 

//Chaeri's POV//

 

I looked up as Miri ran into the room with tears in her eyes.

 

“I'm sorry panda.” I said, opening up my arms so that she could hug me.

 

“I was so worried. I thought we were going to loose you too.” Miri said, burrowing herself into my shoulder as she cried.

 

“I'd never leave you. I'm sorry.” I said, hugging her as tight as I could.

 

We stayed like that for a few minutes before she pulled away.

 

“Jihoon has surprising confidence in your strength.” she said teasingly as she sat up.

 

“I hate you. How many of you came here?” I asked, trying to keep a straight face.

 

“Just me and Hyun Ki. The others are coming over tomorrow.” Miri said, hugging me again.

 

“Jeonghan told me I can't leave this room until i'm better.” I said, pouting a little.

 

“Not even to Jihoon's room?” Miri asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

“What?” said boy asked, appearing in the doorway.

 

“What are you doing here?” Miri asked, looking at the male.

 

“Someone said she wanted to see me.” Jihoon answered, pointing at me.

 

“It's rude to point at people, but he's not lying. You can come see me when ever you want, but I need to talk to him.” I said, looking up at Miri who started to smirk.

 

She quickly walked out of the room before running down the stairs laughing like a demon possessed her.

 

“What the hell was that about?” Jihoon asked, moving closer to me.

 

“I don't even want to know at this point.” I said, shaking my head before laying down and getting comfortable.

 

“So why did you want to see me?” Jihoon asked, sitting in a chair close to the bed.

 

“I guess I should apologize.” I said, playing with the bed sheet that was covering my legs.

 

“For what?” he asked, scooting the chair closer.

 

“I promised to write you and Jeonghan a story, but left before I could even write one. I never thought i'd be able to give you it with how bad my knee was getting.” I said, not looking up at him.

 

“I'm not even gonna yell at you for not telling anyone about it getting worse. I knew you'd come back.” he said, leaning towards me.

 

“Why are you closer?” I asked, slightly going cross-eyed.

 

“Because you knew you were getting worse and didn't tell anyone.” Jihoon said, moving to hit me on the head.

 

“You said you would get mad.” I said, rubbing my head where he hit me.

 

“I said I wouldn't yell. There is a difference.” Jihoon said, moving away from me again.

 

I reached into my pocket and held out the papers I had put there before falling asleep.

 

“Here. I already gave Jeonghan his story.” I said, waiting for him to take them.

 

“You wrote them even though you thought you'd never see us again?” he asked, taking them from my hands and looking at them.

 

“I wanted to keep my promise. Even if I died I'm sure Miri would have found them.” I mumbled, looking back at the bed.

 

Jihoon looked up at me in shock before looking back down at the papers.

 

“I'll read it after dinner. I told Jeonghan before I came up that he could sleep in my room.” he said, moving to put the papers on a desk nearby.

 

“What? So you can watch me sleep again?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

“I'll go get your dinner.” he said, not responding to the question and leaving.


…....There are so many ship names for these two that I can't even choose one XD.....there is only one chapter left for this book and I hope everyone is ready. The second one won't be out for maybe a month or two while I finish my other stories. Bye bye for now <3