Ch.8

Only in the Apocalypse ~Book 1~

Ch.8


~Last time on OITA~

 

“Get some rest Chaeri. You'll feel it in the morning.” he said, moving to get into his own bed.

 

“I hope so.” I grumbled, moving to lay down.


~Now~

 

I woke up early in the morning to a sharp pain in my knee and after successfully sitting up I looked down to see that blood had started to seep though the dressing Hyun Ki had put on it last night.

 

“I see you can feel it.” Hyun Ki said, moving to sit up in his bed.

 

“How long have you been awake?” I asked, poking the area around the wound.

 

“About two hours when you started crying in your sleep.” he said, getting up and going to get the first aid kit again.

 

“I can clean it myself you know?” I said, looking at him as he knelt in front of me.

 

“I know, but you aren't going to.” he said, slowly pulling on the dressing.

 

After he successfully got it off I looked down at it again.

 

“It's a lot worse than I thought it was...” I mumbled, moving my knee away when he put alcohol on it and it stung.

 

“Did you think it was a small scrap?” he asked, raising his eyebrows.

 

“Kind of, yeah.” I said, letting him continue what he was doing.

 

“Not even close. This is going to bruise really bad.” he said, pointing to areas around it already changing color.

 

I made a noise in the back of my throat, not entirely liking the idea of a bruise.

 

“I hate getting bruises...they take forever to go away.” I said, flinching when he covered it with a new dressing.

 

He didn't respond and instead got up to put the kit back.

 

“Let's go downstairs. Someone is making breakfast.” he said, motioning towards the door.

 

“Can you pull me up?” I asked, wincing when I bent my knee.

 

He laughed before moving towards me and helping me up.

 

“Is it that bad?” he asked, leading me out the door.

 

“Just really stiff.” I mumbled, holding onto his arm.

 

We made our way to the kitchen where Sooyun was cooking breakfast.

 

“It smells good unnie.” I said, hopping over to the table and sitting down.

 

“What happened to your knee?” Sooyun asked, looking alarmed at my injury.

 

“While getting onto the roof yesterday I was moving too fast and slammed my knee on the edge. It's okay unnie.” I said, looking at my knee again before looking at the door as another person walked in.

 

“Hi unnie, hi Kiki, hi Riri.” Miri said, sitting next to me.

 

“Hi Miri.” I said, smiling at her.

 

“I don't think we'll expect Hyunseok down here for a few days. Just make sure someone brings him food.” Sooyun mumbled, going back to cooking food.

 

“I'll do it.” I said, looking at the table sadly.

 

It would take a while for everyone to get over the pain of loosing Suye. The way we lost her wasn't the way anyone should go, we just hope that she didn't turn.

 

“So what's for breakfast?” Chung Gi asked, walking into the kitchen with Myon.

 

“Pancakes, sausage, and hash brown.” Sooyun said, moving to put the pancakes on the table, followed by the other two.

 

I made a plate for Hyunseok and Minhyun before I left the group as they congregated into the kitchen.

 

knock knock

 

“Who is it?” Minhyun's gruff voice asked, moving around the room.

 

“It's me.” I said, waiting for Minhyun to open the door.

 

I waited another minute before Minhyun finally opened the door to let me in.

 

“What is it?” Minhyun asked, watching me as I walked into the room.

 

“I brought you both breakfast. Sooyunnie made it.” I said, handing Minhyun his plate before walking up to Hyunseok.

 

He still looked like he was sleeping, but I knew better and left it on his desk. I walked over to him and hugged him awkwardly, since he was sleeping on his side, before leaving the room.

 

“How are they doing?” Hana asked, watching as I walked into the kitchen.

“Hyunseok was still sleeping, but Minhyun was awake. I gave him their food.” I said, moving to make my own plate.

 

“How are you feeling?” HyunAe asked, sitting next to the flower maknae.

 

“I'm better. I just wish I knew...if she turned or if she's truly gone...” Hana said, looking at the table.

 

“Don't think about that. Just remember her as the Suye you've always known.” I said, munching on a piece of sausage.

 

After we all finished eating, Miri and I cleaned the dishes before Chung Gi called us in the living room.

 

“This isn't the best time, but...we need to go back into the town. No one managed to get the medical supplies we need, so we have to go back.” Chung Gi said, sitting on the couch with Myon next to him.

 

“And risk another person dying? No. I don't want any of us stepping foot into that town.” I said, moving to leave the room.

 

“Chae Rin. We will need medical supplies. It's only going to be a few of us this time. Not the entire group.” he said, rubbing his head.

 

“Who?” I asked, stopping at the door.

 

“You, me, Hyun Ki, Miri, Myon, Minhyun and Hyunseok.” he replied, moving around so that he could stand up.

 

“Why us?” Miri asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

“Because you and Chaeri are the most skilled when it comes to fighting and the fastest. Hyunseok has his own reasons and Minhyun is going because Hyunseok is going.” Myon said, leaning back on the couch.

 

“Hyunseok wants to know if that car will go through again...doesn't he?” I asked, finally turning back around to face my brother.

 

“Don't we all want to find the person responsible for Suye's death?” Chung Gi asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

“Of course we do, but what are we gonna do when we find him or her or them or who ever the it is? Kill em'? Fight em'? Either way, there is a chance they will fight back and i'm not loosing anyone else. We'll leave in an hour, but if we find that bloody car no one is to do anything until we know who and how many dumb asses we are dealing with.” I said, leaving the room.

 

“Get ready. I'll go let Hyunseok know that we are going.” Chung Gi said before leaving the room.


….......Joy another town run....please no one else get hurt T~T It's been eight chapters since this story has started and i'll be happy to tell you that in the next chapter, yes the 9th chapter, the boys will finally make their big appearance. :)