Ch.3

Only in the Apocalypse ~Book 1~

Ch.3


~Last time on OITA~

 

“I think the fence goes all the way around....we can save ours for another time.” Miri said, tilting her head.

 

“Let's get a look then shall we.” Sooyun said, moving to the front to open the fence.


~Now~

 

Entering the building was the most nerve wracking moment to happen in my last three months of living.

 

“The place seems empty, but we should probably spread out and check just in case. Girl's get the first floor, boys get second.” I said, glancing around as we all slowly entered the building.

 

“Seems logical enough. Up we go guys.” Chung Gi said, leading the way to the second floor.

 

“We should go in pairs. Hyun, you can follow Mari and I to the back yard. Suye and Hana, you two take the kitchen area. Sooyun and Jihan, take the living room area. Jiwoo and HyunAe, you two can get the extra room over there.” I said, pointing towards a room with a board on it.

 

After we had our locations we broke apart and started looking around. It took thirty minutes for us to make sure it was clear and met back up in the living room.

 

“Was it all clear?” I asked, closing the door as we were the last ones to come back.

 

“Every room was clear. Obviously the back yard wasn't though.” Chung Gi said, handing me a rag so I could wipe the blood from my hands before handing it to Miri.

 

“The fence goes all the way around, but we cleared the zombies that were surrounding it.” Miri said, whipping a blood smear from her cheek.

 

“So this plan of yours?” Hyun Ki asked, sitting on the counter.

 

“Mari and I have, as you all know made this plan a long time ago. After I started to love zombies shows, movies, games, pretty much everything zombie, I told her we should make a plan in case a zombie apocalypse ever actually happened...and so we did. The plan was fairly simple. First, we send mass texts to our family and friends. Two, we make sure all of us get on a boat and get the hell away from shore. Three, we find the most safest place to make dock and search for a place to make camp. Four, we start scavenging for...pretty much everything and anything. Food, water, dishes, furniture, other people who don't want to eat us...those kinds of things. Fifth, we stay together, train, and stay alive no matter what.” I said, hopping up onto the counter next to Hyun Ki.

 

“Not to mention that if any of the other people start acting out of line, then we kick them out and they are on their own. We won't have drama or fighting happening in the camp. It will do no one any good.” Miri said, leaning against the counter.

 

“Seems simple. So next is scavenging. We have to work out a plan for that.” Sooyun said, looking around.

 

“Girls will deal with the food, water, dishes, anything that will be quick to move. The guys will handle moving furniture. Sooyun and Suye, you two will find a way to get power and clean water running through the building. As some BA techs, I trust you two will do a great job. We all can't go out at the same time...so furniture will have to come first. There are plenty of houses. Bring couches, mattresses, dressers, tables, a fridge, a stove, all that. We can turn this place from a building into an actual living place. There are about ten rooms upstairs so pairings will be great. We still have plenty of daylight, so the guys can start now. The nine of us will get everything we possibly can before the sun goes down and the girls can clean as much as they can with no water. Sooyun and Suye, you can start working on your own plan for the power and water. Guys, with me.” Chung Gi said, motioning the boys out.

 

“Zero arguing here. I still feel like I have sea legs. Cleaning is better than walking back and forth...so we can get started in a second. Unnie, Suye, if you guys need anything just call for us okay?” I asked, looking at the two girls who were talking.

 

“Of course.” Sooyun said, smiling at me.

 

“Let's see if they had any kind of janitors closet with some stuff in it.” I said, getting ready to walk.

 

“There is one in the lone room over there.” Jiwoo said, pointing to the room her and HyunAe checked.

 

“Awesome.” Miri said, skipping towards the room.

 

Over the next few hours the guys managed to bring back three couches, the fridge and stove, and a couple of tables.

 

“It's a good thing the place was pretty much stripped. The floors are pretty clean to sleep on until morning when the guys can get some beds in.” Hyun Ki said, finding a place in the downstairs room to lay.

 

We all decided that until we had beds we would sleep in the empty downstairs room together.

 

“Yep. It's good to be back on land.” Hyun Jung said, leaning against the wall near her brother.

 

“It's really quiet, so much more different than the constant sound of waves.” Chung Gi said, laying down on his side.

 

“This seems so easy. Nothing ever goes good when it seems easy...anyone see Sooyun and Suye?” Miri asked, leaning up on her elbows.

 

“Last time I saw them, they were talking in the kitchen area.” Hyun Jae said, quickly falling asleep.

 

“I wish I could sleep that easily.” I mumbled, getting onto my feet.

 

“Where you going?” Hyun Ki asked, watching me.

 

“Get Sooyun and Suye in here. They need to sleep.” I said, leaving the room.

 

“You didn't have to follow me.” I said, dead tone as I continued to walk.

 

“I'm not Hyun Ki, I'm your older brother, so yes I did.” Chung Gi said, coming up behind me.

 

“Miri is right about it being too easy. If anyone ends up hurt, I don't know what we'll do. I love everyone here way to much to shoot them in the brain or chop their head off.” I said, looking at the ground.

 

“Riri, it won't ever come to that. We are strong people, and even stronger together. Soon enough, everything will be okay again.” Chung Gi said, wrapping one of his arms around my shoulders.

 

“I hope so. Sooyunnie, Suye, come on let's get some sleep. You can work on that in the morning.” I said, walking up to the two girls who could only be seen by a small candle light.

 

“Okay...” Sooyun said, standing up, Suye following.

 

“Sleep is good.” Chung Gi said, turning around and all of us started to head back.

 

“Do any of you hear that?” Suye asked, looking towards the window of the building.

 

“Hear what?” Chung Gi asked, his eyebrows creasing in.

 

bang bang bang

 

“Zombies at the gate?” I asked, moving to look out the window, only to jump back when I saw what it was.


…..................After a long wait you finally get an update, but it ends with a cliff hanger...:D I know I make a lot of excuses when it comes to me updating very...very late..but over the last few weeks i've gotten a job (more like community service work for the place I live in...but still) and I am there for 8 hours and when I get home I am exhausted and want to sleep, so please forgive me. I want to write, but doing so while i'm tired is probably not good. I love and appreciate those of you who take your time and wait for updates as I am a terrible person when it comes to consistent updates T~T Thank you all <3