Ch.10

Only in the Apocalypse ~Book 1~

Ch.10


~Last time on OITA~

 

“It must have torn open when you ran up the drive way.” Hyun Ki said, pulling me up.

 

“Stay in here. I doubt he'll kill me.” I said, pushing Hyun Ki to sit in my spot.


~Now~

 

Woozi and I walked into the kitchen where I sat down on a chair waiting for him to get what ever he was going to get.

 

“So you aren't going to try and kill me right?” I asked, looking down at my knee before looking back up.

 

“No. I may look deadly, but the only things i've ever killed are those things out there.” Woozi said, motioning to the outside.

 

“You mean the zombies?” I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

 

“That's what they're called?” he asked, moving towards me with a bottle and a first aid kit.

 

“Yeah. What's the bottle for?” I asked, looking as he put it on the table.

 

“Is everything okay?” Hyun Ki asked, sticking his head into the kitchen.

 

“I'm fine Hyun Ki. Go back into the living room.” I said, waving him off.

 

“Is he your boyfriend?” Woozi asked, tilting his head to the side.

 

“Might as well be, but no. He's the oldest member of our group and his younger sister is the youngest member. He just likes to follow me around and make sure i'm okay since I tend to get into trouble.” I said, laughing when his head tilted more.

 

“The bottle is pain killers. Do you need help changing it, or can you do it alone?” he asked, sitting in a chair next to me.

 

“I haven't tried changing it alone.” I said, looking at it with an ugly face.

 

“Let me guess..Hyun Ki?” he said, looking at me.

 

“Bingo. I'll take the pain killers first.” I said, moving to grab the bottle.

 

“So, how did you all get away from Korea?” Woozi asked, fixing his chair so that he could sit in front of me.

 

“A boat?” I said, confused a little since we already told him that.

 

“I know that, but how did all of you manage to get to a boat?” he said, making me scratch the back of my neck.

 

“Oh. Me and Miri, the female twin, we've always had a zombie apocalypse plan in case on actually happened. Most people thought we were crazy for having one and when it actually happened most of them thought I was joking when I sent them texts. I was the first in my group to come face to face with one since I was at school when it happened. It attacked me and I killed it with a pen. The ones who believed me gathered on the boat and we left. We were on the ocean for three months...maybe more before we finally docked here.” I said, watching as he took off the bandage and replaced it.

 

“Sounds like you and Miri are smart.” he said, his eyebrows furrowing.

 

“Yeah. What's wrong?” I asked, watching his face.

 

“The darkening around the cut...it's not a bruise.” he said, looking up at me and moving away.

 

“Then what it is?” I asked, looking down at my now covered knee.

 

“Infection. Not zombie infection...obviously. Just a regular infection. That's probably why your leg hurts so much.” Woozi said, standing up and holding out his hand.

 

He led me back into the kitchen where the others were waiting.

 

“What took so long?” Miri asked, looking over as we walked out.

 

“It would seem that the cut got infected over night.” I said, looking down at my leg.

 

“How? I looked at it this morning.” Hyun Ki said, moving towards me.

 

“The blackening around her leg wasn't a bruise forming. It is an infection spreading.” Woozi said, handing me to Hyun Ki.

 

“I must have hit it a lot harder than I thought...not to mention those roofs probably aren't the cleanest of places.” I said, sitting down slowly.

 

“Any one know any doctors?” Chung Gi asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

“Yeah...doctors....you're funny Chung Gi.” Myon said, rolling his eyes at his best friend.

 

“Jeonghan was a nursing student before this happened.” Hoshi said, pointing at said boy.

 

“Three years of it anyways.” Jeonghan said, shrugging his shoulders.

 

“Would you mind checking it out?” Miri asked, looking at the boy with fear in her eyes.

 

“Miri, I won't die from a wound infection.” I said, looking over at her.

 

“It's not much of a bother, but she just got the bandage changed. I can check it in the morning if she'd like.” Jeonghan said, smiling at me.

 

“That would require her staying here. That isn't going to happen.” Chung Gi said, stepping forward.

 

“Would you rather the infection get worse?” Miri asked, looking at him.

 

“Miri, we hardly know these people. How can you even trust them?” Hyun Ki asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

 

“They literally gave us water and helped Riri replace the bandage after the cut ripped open. If they have anything against us, it's your fault, not hers.” Miri said, glaring at Chung Gi before leaning against the couch.

 

“I don't think any of us have anything against any of you. It was just a misunderstanding that has already been cleared.” Joshua said, now sitting on the floor against the wall where I last saw him.

 

“I'm still not leaving my baby sister here.” Chung Gi said, moving to grab me.

 

“Shouldn't it be my decision? I'm twenty-one Chung Gi. If Jeonghan can help then I will stay here. The rest of you can return to the group and let them know what's going on.” I said, not turning to look at him.

 

“Don't argue with her Chung Gi. You never win.” Miri said, staring at the older Choi sibling.

 

“We'll make sure she's okay. If you want to bring the others over tomorrow so we can all meet then it's fine. It's mid-day. You can stay a while longer if you want, but make sure you are gone before it's dark. That's when they start to roam the streets.” Woozi said, leaving the room.

 

“So...is he the boss man?” Miri asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

“Who? Jihoon?” Hoshi asked, looking in the direction the guy went.

 

“Yeah.” Miri said, nodding her head.

 

“Nope. He's just small and scary. Our leader is Jonghyun, he prefers to be called JR though. He's probably in his room.” Hoshi said, smiling at us.

 

“Are you sure about staying here Chae Rin?” Chung Gi asked, moving closer to me.

 

“I'll be fine Chung Gi. If they wanted me dead, i'm sure small and scary would have killed me in the kitchen.” I said, making Miri laugh.

 

“Okay. We should get back then. I'm sure HyunAe and them will want to know what's going on.” he said, backing away a little.

 

I patted Hyun Ki so that he could help me up.

 

“I hate this stupid thing. I feel so useless.” I grumbled, hobbling over to my brother before hugging him.

 

“Stay safe.” he mumbled, hugging me back.

 

The others hugged me before leaving the building and heading back to ours.

 

“What did he say?” Joshua asked, looking at me as the door closed.

 

“My brother? He told me that if any of you touch me he'll dismember you.” I said, trying to contain my laugh when they all look horrified.

 

“Really?” Hoshi said, slowly inching away from me.

 

“No. He just told me to stay safe.” I said, laughing when Hoshi fell onto the couch.

 

“So, I'm sure you told Woozi how exactly you got here from Korea. Would you like to tell us?” Joshua asked, making Hoshi bounce up.

 

“You guys are really trusting considering how the world is.” I said, moving over to sit back on the couch.

 

“We have to keep a general innocence for my baby.” Jeonghan said, making me look at him in shock.

 

“Baby?” I asked, choking on my spit.

 

“Oh...Chan. He's not actually Jeonghan's baby, he's just our youngest member and Jeonghan likes to .” Seungcheol said, laughing when Jeonghan pouted.

 

“He's my baby. DINO WHO'S BABY ARE YOU?!” Jeonghan yelled, causing a head to appear in the doorway.

 

“Jeonghan hyung's. Oh, you're the girl that almost broke down the door.” Dino said, coming into the room.

 

“Well there's one of the boys I was talking to when I first got here.” I said, waving slightly at the boy.

 

“The other one was Minghao. He's upstairs with Jun.” Dino said, pointing to the roof.

 

“She's staying here so that Jeonghan can take care of her injured knee. She got cut jumping onto a roof and it got infected.” Joshua said, pointing at my knee.

 

“So, about that story?” Hoshi asked, sitting patiently on the couch.

 

“I want to hear a story.” Dino said, sitting next to Hoshi.

 

“The more people I tell it to now, the less i'll have to tell later.” I said, getting comfortable on the couch.

 

I told them exactly what I told Woozi and even some random stories that I could think of. Some of them did the same, feeling comfortable enough to tell me about how they met certain members and also how Dino being Jeonghan's baby came to be. I was told that i'd have to choose someone to sleep with since they couldn't really trust me in a room alone. Woozi offered his room to me since he hardly sleeps in the bed and so I ended up falling asleep while he was writing something in a book.


…....so Chaeri's leg got infected and Jeonghan gets to take care of her....and she's also sleeping in Jihoon's room...LOL. Thank you to everyone who has subscribed, although there isn't a lot of you it still makes me happy :D The next chapter: everyone meets everyone. Goodbye for now <3