Ch.5

Only in the Apocalypse ~Book 1~

Ch.5


~Last time on OITA~

 

“Why is that?” Miri asked,sitting on the counter next to me.

 

“Because we actually have to go into town tomorrow instead of just raiding the houses around here.” Hyun Ki said, glancing at my brother before looking at me.


~Now~

 

“Into the town that could be littered with hundreds, maybe thousands of zombies? Have you lost your bloody minds?” Jihan asked, walking up towards us.

 

“Don't look at me. This is my first time hearing about it.” I said, raising my hands up in surrender.

 

“Again. Why are we going into the town?” Miri asked, waving her arms around.

 

“Because there are certain things around here that we need, that we can't get from these houses.” Chung Gi said, running his hands through his hair.

 

“Like what? A coffin? Cause that is what we are gonna need if any of us step foot into that town.” HyunAe said, grumbling other choice words after.

 

“We need guns, ammo, assortment of medicines and bandages. Not everything is going to be easy when it comes to setting up a home here.” Chung Gi said, showing the girl tongue.

 

“This will never be our home Chung Gi. At this point we might never see home again.” I said, standing up and walking away.

 

“I'll get her.” Hyun Ki said, getting up to follow me out.

 

“You know she's right. As much as we want to have a sense or feeling of home, this will never be our home. I love you Gi and so does Riri, but this isn't always going to be easy.” Miri said, getting up and walking away with HyunAe trailing behind.

 

“Has anyone seen my brother?” Hyun Jung asked, walking up to Chung Gi.

 

“He's stalking my sister. Why?” Chung Gi asked, looking at the young female.

 

“When are those two just gonna date?” she scoffed, looking around the room.

 

“Agreed. Is everything okay?” Chung Gi asked again, raising an eyebrow.

 

“He told me that the guys and some of the girls were going into town tomorrow and I wanted him to try and find me something.” she said, still looking around.

 

“Maybe I can help. What do you need?” he said, scooting in closer.

 

“Color pencils..and drawing paper. I like to make tribal art and with nothing much to do around here I figured I could do that in my free time.” she said, looking back at Chung Gi with wide eyes.

 

“Sounds easy enough. I'll look and if I find any, i'll bring them back.” he said, smiling at her before she ran off.

 

“I think she got the drawing talent from her brother always tagging random things.” Myon said, sitting next to his best friend.

 

“Probably, but another thing i'm going to look for is drawing pencils and paint supplies.” Chung Gi said, shifting so that he could face Myon.

 

“Why is that?” he asked, his eyebrows creasing together.

 

“So that you and Miri can draw as much as you want on these walls and make them look nice. There are no designs in this place and the walls are pretty much blank canvases. You and Miri can do whatever you want to them.” Chung Gi said, laughing when Myon's eyes lit up like a Christmas tree.

 

“Really? That sounds awesome. I'll go tell her.” Myon said, getting up and running to find his twin.

 

He turned and looked at Chung Gi confused.

 

“She went that way.” Chung Gi said, pointing in the direction Miri and HyunAe went earlier.

 

“THANK YOU!” Myon yelled, running in the direction.

 

//With Chaeri and Hyun Ki//

 

“I ain't apologizing to him.” I said, sitting down on the back steps with a huff.

 

“I am aware. Your brother is just trying to keep everyone safe. As much as this isn't home...right now it's the closest thing we've got. The best thing about it is that all of us are here together.” Hyun Ki said, sitting down next to me.

 

“That's the only good thing about this.” I said, resting my chin on my knees.

 

“I know, but maybe in time there will be more. More time, more good things and eventually we can all have our normal lives back.” he said, patting my head lightly.

 

“You know your sister has a crush on my brother right?” I asked, looking over at him.

 

“Don't remind me. I'm hoping in time that goes away too.” he said, the disgust clear on his face.

 

“Well...Chung Gi is gay..so she can't exactly get very far.” I said, looking out through the back yard.

 

“I am well aware of that as well. Want to go for a walk?” he asked, gesturing towards the back fence.

 

“Kind of, but it's getting dark. Not to mention that we are going into what is, most likely, a zombie infested town tommorow.” I mumbled, looking at the grass.

 

“You know we need those things. Plus, I'll be with you the entire time.” he said, making me laugh.

 

“My knight and shinning armor. Let's go inside before someone looks for us.” I said, standing up and dusting my off.

 

“Always.” he said, standing as well and leading me inside.

 

We walked to were Chung Gi was as Myon was running out of the room.

 

“What was that about?” I asked, watching Myon run away.

 

“I told him that him and Miri are going to be the decorating squad when it comes to designing the walls with drawings and paintings. He's running to find her and tell her.” Chung Gi said, shifting his body so that Hyun Ki and I could fit on the couch, me in the middle.

 

“Oh. About earlier...I'm sorry. I know there's things we need, but I worry for the safety of all of us. It's hard...being in a place I don't know.” I said, looking at the ground.

 

“It's okay. Tomorrow when we go out, it'll be you, Hyun Ki, and Miri. You guys will be getting guns, ammo, and any other weapons you can find. I'll have Hyun Jung and Myon with me. We'll be getting random things like paint supplies and many other things. Minhyun and Hyunseok will be in a group with the others to find more canned food and snacks if there are any.” Chung Gi said, leaning against the couch.

 

“Like I said, i'll be with you the entire time.” Hyun Ki said, smiling at me.

 

“MIRI SAID YES!!!!!!!!!!!” Myon screamed, running back into the room.

 

Hyun Ki and I looked at each other before standing up and leaving the room.

 

“Calm down Myon. You scared my sister and brother-in-law out of the room.” Chung Gi said, rubbing his face.

 

“BROTHER-IN-LAW?!?!” Myon screeched, getting ready to chase after his sister's best friend.

 

“It's a joke Myon, come back here.” Chung Gi said, laughing at the boy.

 

“I know he likes her, but I don't see them getting together any time soon.” Myon said, his nose scrunching up.

 

“Let's go to sleep.” Chung Gi said, standing up and dragging the boy to their shared room.

 

Although sleeping with siblings would have seemed likely, we either share a room with our best friend or someone who we want to sleep with. However, I share a room with Hyun Ki since Hyun Jung and Miri shared a room...something about Miri wanting to protect Hyun Jung from the evils of sharing a room with her brother. Myon and Chung Gi shared a room. Suye and Hana shared a room. Sooyun, Jiwoo, and Jihan all shared a room. Ji Hyun and Hyun Jae shared a room. HyunAe and Wonho shared a room and Yoon Hee, Hyunseok and Minhyun shared a room.


….....and that's all for this chapter. HyunRi is such a weird ship...and if most of you read my GEMSxSVT stories, you'll 100% know who Chaeri ends up with XD...Next chapter is the long trek through the town...can't wait to see what kind of crazy happens there :D Bye bye for now <3