Ch.1

Only in the Apocalypse ~Book 1~

 


Ch.1

 

 If you think this is going to start like every other zombie apocalypse story, then you are wrong. No one s up and goes near someone acting drunk and gets bit...an entire group s up and gets bit. Why? Because people are stupid. My friends and I watched enough zombie shows to know that when someone acts drunk and doesn't reply after you ask if they are okay with a catcall or an ugly drunken smile, it means s about to hit the ceiling. I was the first to get attacked, in the parking lot of my college campus. People were screaming as I was getting attacked and I grabbed my pen and sank it as far as I could into that ers head before driving home and warning as many friends as I could. Most didn't believe me and who would? I've loved zombie shows forever and planned an escape if an apocalypse ever actually happened, so they thought I was joking around. The screams got their attention and not long after a group of us were ready to peace the out. Leaving South Korea on a boat didn't sound like the brightest idea, but it sounds a lot better than staying on land with a bunch of undead brain eaters. I was having fun on the way to the docks, because I knew one day I would need a set of samurai swords. My best friend, Miri, and I chopping off undead heads as we went. Apparently I was having too much fun when we hit the docks.

 

  “UNNIE WE HAVE TO GO!! NOW!!!” Miri screamed, running towards the boat where everyone was waiting.

 

  “I'll be right there.” I said, waving her off.

 

 I was to busy chopping off the heads of the undead that were chasing after them.

 

  “CHOI CHAE RIN GET YOUR ON THIS BOAT!” my brother screamed, making me turn and run towards the boat.

 

  “You really have a death wish don't you?” Hyun Ki asked, leaning against the cabin of the boat.

 

  “Nope. I just hate that the dead don't stay that way.” I said, climbing on before the boat took off.

 

 I loved the ocean, but being on it for three months was just hell. At least we avoided people and possible zombies. There were eighteen of us on the boat. All made up of friends and my only brother. Nine girls and nine boys, all related. We were all apart of a joint dance group as well as separate gender groups. I was the leader of GEMS, the female half of the dance group and my older brother, Chung Gi, was the leader of the male half, DiaMond or just DM for short. All of the girls from GEMS had a brother in DM, which made working together a lot easier. I guess that's why we all managed to get away together as well. Team work was one of our best features. HyunAe was our oldest female. She was twenty-two and although she was small, she could rip someone a new . I guess being half Chinese and half Korean did that to you. Our youngest female was Hyun Jung at only fifteen and she was shy and hardly spoke unless she was around us. Her older brother Hyun Ki was our oldest male. He was twenty-six and although he looked tall and brooding, with a nickname like 'Kiki', there is only so much he can do. Our youngest male was nineteen. Myon, my best friends twin brother. He was pretty good with a bat if someone pissed him off good enough. Our group was very loving and not much could tear us apart. Although we were afraid of what the world was coming too, we wouldn't let that slow us down.

 

  “It's been three months. Where are we even going Kiki?” I asked, leaning next to him as he drove the boat.

 

  “America. It's a good thing they made us take basic English in high school.” he said, rubbing his eyes.

 

  “You've been driving the boat for three days. Let Chung Gi take over.” I said, looking at him with worry.

 

  “I'll be fine Riri. Go check on the others.” he said, pushing me away by my waist.

 

 I slowly walked away before going down stairs.

 

  “Hyun Jung, I'm gonna stab your brother.” I said, moving to get something to drink out of the fridge.

 

  “What did he do now?” she asked, looking up from the book she was reading.

 

  “Being stubborn.” I said, leaving again to go back up to him.

 

  “Back already?” he asked, looking at me as I came up the stairs.

 

  “Brought you a drink and something to eat. Don't even try to say you aren't hungry Hyun Ki or I will stab you and throw you overboard.” I said, glaring at him when he opened his mouth.

 

  “Jesus...if I ever needed proof that you are Chung Gi's sister I just found it.” he said, taking the stuff I was holding out for him.

 

  “I'll drive while you eat.” I said, pushing him out of the chair before grabbing the wheel.

 

 He ate quietly knowing that if he protested, she might just actually stab him.

 

  “Are you do...-” I stopped talking and snorted when I saw him passed out.

 

  “When did that happen?” Chung Gi asked, coming up the stairs.

 

  “Three minutes ago...maybe.” I said, shrugging my shoulders.

 

  “I take it he told you where we were going?” he asked, sitting next to me.

 

  “Yep, but why America?” I asked, staring out at the ocean.

 

  “I figured it would be the best place to go.” he said, shrugging his shoulders.

 

  “Maybe...I wish we could have brought more people..” I said, watching the water as we went through it.

 

  “I know....i'm just glad we got out when we did.” he said, standing up and hugging me around my shoulders.

 

 For siblings, we hardly ever fought which surprised the group a lot when we first became friends. Chung Gi and I acted a lot like how Miri and I act around each other. No fights, just dorky love and hugs.

 

~A/N: I decided to stop it here for now because I don't want to put to much in the first chapter. The other group will arrive later on in the story even though I know you are all here for them. They are going to seem ice burg tip cold in the beginning, but they warm up and melt eventually. Much luvs <3 -Lia