World 4 - VR-MMORPG - Pt. 4

Other worlds

Very short chapter, because I got busy with school, and this is just discussing on how he started the game.
WARNING: This chapter may appear to be remarkably boring, so the readers could consider skipping this part. (Or the whole story, I wouldn't mind)
The game lexicon/slang/(whatever you call that was) that are used in this chapter are the basic one that could be found online.
So in conclusion: Don't read this chapter :p I don't know why but my writing in this chapter just straight up doesn't sound like me.


As soon as the chamber closed upon him, Seokjin felt like an electric wave just came through his brain, connecting his brain neurons, then ran straight down throughout his whole body. The feeling was not uneasy, but he didn't like it that much. The same feeling happened when he was in an elevator, you like it that it saves you your energy, but the sudden motion while traveling up and down and the feeling that comes after it was not that good. 

After a short while, the first sense that came back to him was feeling. He could feel the soft cool wind slowly blow across his skin. Seokjin opened his eyes and was amazed by the view he was seeing.

In front of him was a scenery of a big city, with buildings and skyscrapers, but somehow it can still portray a mysterious Asian feeling to it, under the bright blue sky and soft white clouds. From where he was right then was probably some hill that was not that far from the city. The music then slowly came up. It was soothing, a mix of traditional Oriental music from the Far East with the modern song, but not upbeat. Ten seconds after the music came up, a giant word slowly faded in the view in front of the city. "Tomorrow" was what it said. Underneath at the right corner of the word, there was a smaller line: "An unknown hope to escape from the petrifying living-hell."

You might wonder. What kind of game is this?! Well, friend... you will know soon.

The title of the game was slowly flowing up and down as the time passed, the music faded out and faded back it through time, the wind and the smell of fresh grass in the air were slowly making him a little bit sleepy. But overall, a good intro, and it looked pretty realistic.

Jin tried and looked behind him.

Surprisingly, behind him was not a white space, but a scene of high mountains and beautiful forest. And somehow he could hear the chirping of the birds from far away.

"Cool." He mumbled.

He turned back to the title "screen" and took a step forward. Suddenly, he felt like he was being pulled to somewhere, the sudden movement didn't make him sick, thankfully, and from the corner of his eyes, everything flew by with blurry image like he was on a train. 

That last for only a few seconds, and when he opened his eyes again, right in front of him, was a floor mirror. For some reason, Jin couldn't even see himself in the mirror, but through the reflection of it, he could see his surrounding. 

Seokjin was in a room, a blank white room that didn't have anything else except for this floor mirror.

And as Seokjin was trying to think of what this means, a robotic female voice came up.

"Welcome to the virtual reality game Tomorrow. Thank you so much for supporting this game. As for this is the first virtual reality game, we will guide you throughout the tutorial. First, please input the basic information about your character."

After the voice vanished, a rectangular box popped up. To the left of the box was the word Name.

Ah, the hardest process for all of the players ever since the first input-name game was made. The process that has to go through extreme prudent thinking, so that the name that represents the player couldn't be repeated (not that the other player could anyway), the name that would sound cool, not boring, and showed exactly who one was. The one and the only thing that would stay with you for the rest of your life of playing this game (well, unless you have money to buy the opportunity to change your name).

"Llama﹒coming﹒thru"

"That would do." Jin nodded with satisfaction.

"Name input completed. Please proceed to the next state." For some reason, he could hear the I'm so done echo in the background of her voice.

His body began to have a weird feeling, and through the mirror, Jin saw that his "body" slowly became visible. The "body" that he saw in the mirror was very blurry, the human shape was made from white fog-like air, he could barely see his face.

"Please select the appearance of your character." The female voice rang up, and a big crystal clear board came up.

It was the character designing board. It was divided into many sections, Body Arrangement, Skin Color, Hair, and Facial Arrangement. The board was on the Body Arrangement tab, the board appeared to be similar to the process of making the character in most of MMO-RPG games years ago (JX3 and similar games). Underneath it was the Agreed and Using Real Appearance

As a lazy person as he was, Jin clicked on the second one.

The original board disappeared and then a new blue board appeared.

"Please arrange the setting for your character."

Jin looked closely at the board. It also divided into many sections, Appearance Similar Percentage, Pain Percentage, Class Selection, and Gender Selection.

Jin put the percentage for appearance down to seventy percents, as much as he loved using his own face, he didn't want to be recognized by classmates if he ever did something bad (which might happen a lot, considered his luck). About the Pain Percentage, he made it up to two hundred percent. 

If you ask, what is Pain Percentage? Since Virtual Reality Game Company trying to make the games as realistic as possible, they also trying to make players be able to feel objects in games, and they succeed. However, a small part of people was not very satisfied, for being able to feel meant that they would be able to feel the pain from it, and this was not what they signed up for. That was why games company made an option for players to choose whenever it came to realistic.

And now we are talking about our friend Jin here, and also about "WHY THE HECK WOULD YOU CHOOSE TWO HUNDRED INSTEAD OF FIFTY?!?!?!"

It was simple.

Two hundred percent give three times as much as experience as compare to fifty, which was the original standard.

Put it in a simpler way, Jin was lazy to do missions to get experiences. Simple.

Jin then moved on to the Class Selection. There were many classes to select: Boxer, Doctor, Mechanic, Pharmacist, Police, Robber, Scientist, Security, Student, Thief. Four DPSs, two Tanks, and three Healers. That was a hella lot of DPS if you asked me.

He checked each role and the status for each.

Boxer, Robber, and Security were the Tank roles. Their ATK, as well as their DFS, was high, but their Speed was extremely low, and they had to fight in close range, their skills weren't up to his taste either, not to tell that they had to be the first person to jump up and get the main damage, not really his style, so he skipped.

Doctor, Pharmacist, and Scientist were the Healer roles. Their DMG, DFS, and HP were the lowest out of all classes, but they were way faster than Tank, and their skill range was the farthest. Doctor and Pharmacist had similar status but different skills, and Scientist was the only Healer with medium healing rate, but his ATK was way higher for a Healer. Since Jin used to be a doctor, these roles affected him a bit. But remembered how he would have to mind other people's HP bar as well as he was just too bothersome, so he also skipped these.

Mechanic, Police, Student, and Thief were the DPS roles. Most of their status was at a medium rate, but they all had pretty good skill. Police and Mechanic could attack from a far range. Thief had a similar skill to Police but in close range. Student probably had the most basic of the most basic status and skills out of all roles... He would take it!

Jin just wanted his life to be as simple as possible. (He wouldn't say that because other roles needed higher technique skill than Student role and he was too lazy to do .)

As soon as he clicked Proceed, a white fog came up surrounding him. After 2 seconds, it disappeared and revealed himself, or at least, how Jin looked like.

The person in the mirror was a fairly young and good-looking guy, he had short dark black hair and black eyes. He was wearing a white shirt that button up to the top. His shirt was tucked in a dark blue pant with a belt on. He wore a black tie and on his shirt where his heart has lied a small rectangular box for names, but since this was a custom outfit for newbies when they started the game, the rectangular box didn't have any name written on it. 

What he wore appeared to be a student uniform. On his back tied a quite long wooden sword. 

Jin turned, twisted and walked around the room with his new body a little bit. It felt normal, like his using his own body but not a string of code from a game.

The white where he was at also changed after he clicked Proceed. Furniture slowly appeared out of nowhere inside the room. A small white bed, a wooden desk, a wooden wardrobe, and a small bookshelf. This looked like a student room, he wondered how the rooms of other roles would appear to be like.

Jin went and sit down on the bed.

If people thought that this game was only just a normal daily life game then they were totally mistaken. 

This game was far from what people called a "relaxed" game.

Jin looked outside through the window, worn down buildings, dead trees, crashed cars, some dead bodies, too!

Jin sighed. Memories...


I feel extremely bad for not uploading anything for almost... 2 months I guess?
This also happened in the last two chapters.
I feel extremely guilty now, providing you guys with this low-quality chapter in a long time.
...
Well, I'm not making myself feel even more guilty and proceed with a more cheerful topic.
I know that Asianfanfics is full of Asian-based stories, but how many readers are actually Asian?
I know for a fact that I, myself, is an Asian.
Anyway, Juuni Taisen was great
My favorite character got beheaded in the very first episode
Before he even got a chance to appear or say anything.
Which is just sad... for me...

nqrse probably (definitely) my favorite Utaite right now.
Yunosuke-P is my favorite producer.
A good thing about being a fan of Asian-pop is that whenever my mom just
"Why do you keep looking at those Chinese boys? And no blah blah blah"
... Well, she ain't wrong.
Sorry, I'm just going to shut up now.