World 4 - VR-MMORPG - Pt. 3

Other worlds

It has been two weeks ever since he woke up in this world and Goyangi was still nowhere to be found. He didn't worry for Goyangi per se, the cat himself was an exception to everything, Goyangi was not even a real cat. Goyangi was part of the System that created multiple worlds for thousands or hundreds of players to travel through, so Jin knew that Goyangi would be fine without him. That one world with Ivy was another exception since the dude was literally one of the players and his cat was also part of the System, so they could harm both Jin and Goyangi however they wanted, but other than that specific situation, the cat would be fine.

But that didn't mean that Jin didn't worry for Goyangi at all. Nope, that was a complete lie. How could one not worry for a person who probably (definitely) stayed with him or her for the longest of time on their whole life, not to tell in Jin's case, hundreds of years? Yes, even though Goyangi could be a little sometimes, and always whining, and sometimes (no, everytime) cheap, and loved scolding, and had a bad mouth most of the time, ("Damn it Goyangi please give me some good memories for once!") but overall a good companion, a wise person with years of experiences. (And he is pink, too. So that was a plus one).

Jin sighed as he walked down the hallway of the school.

There was a time Goyangi called him cruel person. For how fast he moved up in relationships. Typically with Jimin and Taehyung. For some, that would be considered to be unfaithful and unloyal, Jin used to thought like that, too. But then again, his lives in those worlds were like his new lives that he got after he "died", and Jin knew he already (not really, just almost) dead in his own original world. That was why to Jin, these new lives were considered his afterlife. That was how he could move on so easily even though he knew he could return to their worlds (might be not, who knows if Goyangi lied to him or not?).

Another reason for the whole mess above was that Jin had a theory, he didn't have enough information yet, but he knew something was going on, and he was still testing. (And yes, he won't say that theory to the readers, um hum, nuh uh, let them figured out themselves since they are part of the FBI anyway.)

Talking about the school he was attending these two weeks, this school, even though they had the same uniform as Taehyung's world's school, the whole school (appearance) was totally different. Strange, he had been associated the magenta uniform with that giant white and silver school for a long time now, now that he went to this white and gold school with the same uniform, it just felt weird and funny.

Putting up a kind and calm face was a pain. Jin didn't know how this type of people lives through the day with that facial expression. Sometimes Jin just wanted to jump up and joke around and make the horrible lame joke that seems to lack lots of salt, but he could not. He didn't want to be kicked out of this world that early. Jin was really dumb, building up this type of image in front of his friends for years, now he couldn't get away with it. 

Even though Jin was only a year younger that Jin, but Jin had way more experience with school and knowledge than Jin. What a pain when you know the answer to a very hard problem, but you had to answer it wrong sometimes because you weren't in the top ten students in the school.

It also didn't surprise Jin that much to find out the guy didn't have any friends at all, a real friend. Jin was the type of person that could be nice to everyone, so in a way, that means everybody was the same to him, nobody was special enough for him to catch his brown eyes, so in a way, Jin could be considered a (very) cold-hearted person. A cold-hearted but smart and (fake) friendly person, so nobody really complained about it. 

Probably the only person who he cared about was Almond, the monkey-like and always happy girl. He really saw her as his little sister. Almond also went to the same college with Jin, that girl skipped a grade when she was around eight or something, a smart girl.

In these two weeks, Jin also tried to find a job too. It wasn't like he needs one right now, since the mission didn't necessarily tell him to get one (if you happened to die and get into this situation like him, trying to find some black-hole in what they say to get away with things you don't want to do), so other than finding a job, he was thinking how to make money, legally, of course. He could become a hacker in the FBI, he could get tons of money for getting bad guys. Or blackmailed someone- oh wait... that was illegal money. 

Well great.

Jin still had his max-level hacker skill here, so being the hacker of FBI might be the only choice, but since this world was so advanced, not many people need hacker anymore. Jin scoffed. 

Even Taehyung's world needed a hacker to deal with things, not to say this world, which was less advanced than Taehyung's world. 

An Annonymous hacker might be okay.

Or he could write story and get money for that. It was not like he wasn't good at it. These days people could get money being an online author, like this Jin guy. Yep, you read that right. Other than being a normal college student, Jin was also a (kind of) famous writer on a famous novel website, had a few thousand of fans that screamed for his update every day. And the guy actually had published a few novel. And Jin didn't even have to worry about thinking of new plot line soon, because he got into this world during the time Jin took a rest from writing, and the guy already wrote tons of drafts for the novel he needed to update now, and drafts for three new novels that he intended to publish online in the future. Jin was impressed. How much time did the guy spend on this computer to write these? But considered that Jin had been a writer on this site for around seven years, he might be writing ahead during those time he took a break between updates. Jin was definitely impressed with this.

Jin thought as he read the black leather journal.

[Daily Mission:
Daily Mission 1: Go to school.
Daily Mission 2: Saving money.
Daily Mission 3: Be friendly to everybody.

Main Mission/Plot Mission:
Main Mission 1: Buy a gaming chamber.
Main Mission 2: ???
Main Mission 3: ???

Hidden Mission: ???]

Thanks to the daily missions, he was slowly getting more points which each day passed. Going to school and being friendly to everybody were easy to do, saving money was a little bit more challenging, but still an easy task. In Jin's bank account, there was a mountain of money that they guy never touch. It was from his lost parents, who passed away when he was in middle school. Speaking about parents, Jin never really had a parents in all of the worlds he had been in. It wasn't like he didn't like it, as a matter of fact, he was kind of glad for that. It would be harder for him to deal with two people that pop out of nowhere, and called them mom and dad. Still, he didn't know why they guy never touch that money. Jin sighed. He had his memory, but not his emotion, so Jin really didn't know how he actually feel.

But the money the guy made from writing novel was actually quite a lot, he could use that to buy the game chamber, he could buy it after school.

Suddenly, a small Ting noise caught his attention.

Jin pulled out the blue phone from his pocket (told you, not advanced enough) and looked at the new message he just got. It was from Almond.

From: Almond-nie
Subject: Emergency!!!
Content:
Jin! Jin! Jin! Jin! Jin! I'm in trouble!!! I forgot my lunch at home!!! Can u share some of ur lunch with me? Please~? Lunch from the cafeteria is bland 'n I don't really like it! So, please???? 
(இ﹏இ`。)

Jin laughed at this. This girl, where was the honorific? Might be because she used to live with her parents in America, that was why there was not much honorific in the way they talk to each other.

From: Jin
Subject: Re: Emergency!!!
Content:
Sure, but mine didn't have tomato in it. I will stop by your class later.

From: Almond-nie
Subject: Re: Re: Emergency!!!
Content:
I don't care! As long as it is not cafeteria's food! 
✧ꉂ(σ▰˃̶̀ꇴ˂̶́)σ✧  Thank youuuuu!!!!

The girl could get in trouble one day if she continued to be like this.

Jin shook his head and continued to walk forward.

When he was about to walk past the stair, a person suddenly appeared from the other corner of the wall and bumped into him. Jin didn't fall though, but the other guy did. The guy didn't look taller than Jin, at least not that much, he wore the same uniform, but without the name tag, and the grade tag (this school had another funny thing about the uniform, each grade got a different tag, easier to know, the tag was the difference of the uniform, might be the collar, or sleeves, or ties, that's all), might be new student? But who would move in in the middle of the first quarter? 

This guy, obviously.

As a nice guy as he was suppose to be, Jin bended down and offered his hand to the guy. He had messy red-orange hair, quite a long face, not tall, but had quite a muscle calves. He didn't buttoned his vest, and didn't tuck in his shirt. His backpack was hung on one shoulder some of the stuff inside was falling out, mostly notebooks and pen. The guy was now rubbing his head (even though he fell flat on the and didn't hit his head at all) and trying to gain consciousness (so kids, being tall and quite big had an advantage, and don't run in the hall either kids) from the fall.

"I'm so sorry. Have you hurt anywhere?" 

Jin asked and got the other's attention. He looked up and Jin widened his eyes, but soon returned to normal. The guy's eyes was light brown, but Jin knew that he used contact lens, his eyes were leaf shape, high nose, heart mouth, quite a sharp jaw. Jin knew this guy, he was quite popular among dancers, because he was one himself. Almond was a fan of his, she usually jumped around the house and yelled "Oppa!" (very cringey, but he would let it slide because she was his cousin) whenever he released a new dance video and would always showed it to Jin. He didn't know the guy's name when she first showed Jin the video. He was popular enough to be known world-wide, but the guy never revealed his name, nor his face (but Jin got his own way), and anyone who knew him personally were most likely professional dancers, and the guy had quite a big fandom.

And Jin would be lying if he said he wasn't his fan.

Hoseok (yes, the guy's name was Hoseok, based on Almond's information, it felt so good when you know something that thousands of people don't) got Jin's hand and smiled sheepishly and stood up.

"It is completely fine! I should be the one who says sorry to you!" He laughed a bit. "I shouldn't run in the school. Now, look what I got!" He laughed out loud.

Jin was feeling bubble inside his stomach (the one you got whenever you saw your idol, yep, that pure innocent one, not the other one you thirsty little sh- I should keep this PG). He waved it off with a smile.

"Oh! Can you help me with something? I'm kind of new to the school here."

Jin nodded. "Sure. What do you need?"

"I need to get to this class over here-" Hoseok said as he showed Jin a piece of paper, it was the schedule of his classes. Hoseok class was on the other side of the staircase, and on the floor beneath them (lower grade classes stay on the lower floor). After Jin showed Hoseok the way, he blushed upon realizing his mistake. He just passed through his class thrice, and he had no idea about it.

"Thank you so much!" He bent down. "And I'm sorry for bumping into you earlier!" And ran off like a wind.

He looked at the embarrassed new student and smile, before shaking his head with a chuckle.

"I guess all idols have their cute side in real life."

Now, he needed to stop by his class to get the lunch box for Almond. He knew she would forget, so he brought hers along to the school to see when would this girl realize. He didn't know it would take this long for her, it was almost lunch time, in two periods it would be! This girl!

Jin sighed as he walked to his class.


It was lunch time, and Jin was sitting with Almond under a big tree in the school yard (it provided shades, so why not?). 

Around an hour ago, he gave her her lunch box, and she was crying tears of happiness, and she made quite a noise and got most of the people's attention. They just shook their head, this happens quite often, and it was Almond, so they didn't surprise at all, on the contrast, they were quite happy, they got to see their idol, so why not?

"I tell you, Jin. You need to get a girlfriend or at least a friend. Because you need somebody to talk to other than me, man!" Almond complained about her slightly American accent as she devoured her lunch, which was rice with steak, broccoli, and tomatoes. 

"I will get one when you act more like a lady." Jin calmly answered as he ate his rice with fish, broccoli, and more fish.

She gasped, a dramatic one and she held her chest. "That is ist! I demanded woman's right!"

"I said more like a lady, that is not ist at all because you are acting like a monkey." He threw back.

"Hey! It is not my fault that I was born in the year of the Monkey!"

"That doesn't mean that you should act like one."

"Sorry sir but I am a real lady! I am-"

"Excuse me?"

The fight between Almond and Jin was cut off by a soft voice, they both looked to the source of the voice. It was the new student Jin saw today, aka his idol, aka Almond's idol, aka Jung Hoseok.

Hoseok looked quite shy when he saw both of their stares were on him. His face shined up again as he walked up close to them with his lunch box in hand.

"Can I sit here with you two? I really don't have any person to sit with... and I don't want to sit alone...?" He asked hesitantly and wait for their answers.

Both Almond and Jin looked at each other before looking up with a smile.

"Sure thing! I just hope that you don't mind with our non-sense quarrel!" Almond smiled a big smile as she jumped up from her seat and pushed Hoseok from the back to their spot and pushed him down on the ground.

"I hope you don't mind my cousin's stupidity when it comes to... everything." Jin gave a smile to Hoseok, who still look bewildered of the whole situation.

"Hey excuse me but you actually argue with me whenever I say something!"

"I just don't want you to drag me down to your level of intelligence."

Hoseok looked at the scene in front of him in amazed before he cracked a smile.

Maybe transferring school was not a bad decision after all.


Hoseok was really funny, he made jokes and cracked up a lot. So the whole lunch was technically quarrels, non-sense talk, and a lot of lame jokes were thrown around. As if one Almond was not enough for him to deal with.

Jin sighed and shook his head.

They saved each other's phone numbers and returned to their class after lunch. 

During lunch, they found out that Hoseok was a transfer student from other city, he had a childhood friend who also lived in this city, so it was easier for him not to get confused with the city. His childhood friend went to a different college, and he lived alone. Almond and Jin knew not to ask that because they weren't close enough to ask those kind of questions yet.

In order not to make things turned awkwardly silent, Almond began to steal food from Jin's and Hoseok's lunch box. And somehow it became a battlefield and a war between Almond and Hoseok. Like, how old were they? 

After lunch, they went back to their boring class and trying to survive through the day. Or so Almond said.

He had told Almond to go home first, while he needed to do something instead. She just nodded and ran home, like, literally ran home. This girl and her energy.

Jin sighed again as he looking for the gaming store. He seemed to sigh a lot in this world, he was getting old now, especially with these energetic kids around him. How could Goyangi put up with him before?

The process of buying the game chamber was quick, he just need to pick the type of chamber (he picked the normal type, golden and silver were too expensive), color of the chamber (he picked blue and sliver), the nutrient liquid color (pink), the color of the headset (black and blue), and then he was done. The thing were being delivered to his house when he was walking back to his home. He got to say, even though this world was not as advanced as Taehyung's world, it was still way more advanced than his original world.

As he was expected, the thing already in his room when he got home. He didn't know how they did it without Almond knowing it, but they did.

He set up the chamber in his study room, which was also his writing novel room. It was quite easy to set up.

After he was done, the thing already took up part of his corner in the room. And then he heard something.

Jin took out his black leather journal and smiled.

[Daily Mission:
Daily Mission 1: Go to school.
Daily Mission 2: Be friendly to everybody. 
Daily Mission 3: Play "Tomorrow".

Main Mission/Plot Mission:
Main Mission 1: Buy a gaming chamber. √
Main Mission 2: Get to the last class of a job in the game.
Main Mission 3: ???

Hidden Mission: ???]

Finally! After weeks of being patient and stuff, he finally finishes a mission!!! 

Jin wanted to look up in the sky and laughed out loud, but that would just ruin his image.

After making sure that there wasn't any homework for tomorrow, Jin quickly climbs into the chamber. He was kind of excited for this.

Ignoring the uneasy feeling of the liquid, Jin put on his headset and lied down. As soon as he lied down, the chamber door slowly closed, and the headset lighted up. And Jin's vision turned black.


I decided that I would stop here.
I just noticed that it almost two months after my last update.
I feel so guilty.
So that's why I try to make this chapter as long as possible.
But it was almost 2 A.M right now, so I'm just going to stop.
Our babies new comeback was amazing.
I didn't think that they could get better every single comeback.
Obviously, they could.
I thought the last comeback was their best, the same with BST comeback.
But every single time they just proved me wrong.
And I am happy with it.
DNA was lit. The MV was cute. But the part after when Jimin makes wave roll with Suga, I thought it was blood vein.
Until I paused during that part.
And I realize it was a hand going backward inside a red knitted sleeve (?)
And somehow that gave me a nightmare.
Mic Drop was so lit, especially the dance. It looks like the son of Baepsae and Cypher.
Go Go choreography is a living memes.
Pied Piper was great, but we shouldn't have told them about the making theory part.
This comeback was so soft compare to the previous two I'm going to cry.
Sorry, I will stop.
Enjoy, remember to scold me.