World 4 - VR-MMORPG - Pt. 2

Other worlds

The first thing Jin saw when he opened his eyes was a completely white ceiling. He tried to sit up but then he realized that he could barely move his finger. Jin rolled his eyes.

“Goyangi?”

No respond. Jin narrowed his eyes. He called a few more times but still, no one responds. Jin narrowed his eyes more.

Goyangi had been acting really weird. Not like he hadn’t acted weird before, but this time he was definitely weird in another way. Especially after fourth world, which was Taehyung’s world. The first sign appeared after the first world, Jimin’s world. Goyangi was fine before they got out of that world, but when they went on to the second world, something just changed. Goyangi became quiet for a few days and then back to his normal careless money-loving guider self. But Jin could feel it, something had changed. The usual ignorant cat became more… tender. He somehow cared more for Jin and more bossing around. (Oh, and one of the sides in the white room also turned blue, he just saw a small glimpse, but hey, it was still something.)

Usually, you cannot tell what a cat is thinking in that little head. (One thing for sure is that they think they are the boss, or you are their slave, either one is fine with them). To change Goyangi’s personalities, it sometimes could be happened in just a blink of an eye. (Most of the times were about sweets or food, Goyangi would be extremely excited and somehow could wasted his own money for Jin’s food. (And after a while, of course, he would suddenly freaked out and cried like a mess for his money.)

He didn’t changed much after second and third world, and somehow Jin saw Goyangi sighed in relief.

Taehyung’s world was another problem.

The cat showed signs of anxiety and often disappeared (and appeared again out of nowhere). After Taehyung’s world, Goyangi’s personality changed (again).

One of the sides in the room also turned neon green.

Jungkook’s world didn’t change much. Goyangi was calmed like the second and third world.

And he was waiting for something to come.

 


“Seok- Up-!”

Who was it?

“Jin- Late-!”

So annoying! Can you just speak one full sentence?

“Hurry- -!”

Watch your language young lady. My head hurts right now so I’m too lazy to deal with you.

Seokjin winced as the voice kept carry on and on and wouldn’t stop. He shook his head a little bit to get rid of the headache and sat up from where he was.

“Finally! You are up! Hurry up and get dresses! We are both going to be late for school because of you!” He heard the female voice from earlier talking next to him. Jin looked to the side of the bed, to where the voice was from.

In front of him was a fairly young lady, probably in her teenage year. She wore the same uniform that Jin used to wear during his fourth world, might be from the same school or have the same design. She had brown long hair and a pair of big brown eyes, quite big for an Asian. She gave him a big smile and (literally) yanked him up from the bed.

[Information:
Name: Almond (Asian-American)
Age: 18
Power: None
Level: None
Stage: None
Weakness: Jung Hoseok]

On his way of being yanked outside of the bed and pushed into the bathroom, Jin checked the girl’s information again and waited for the world’s info to pop up like usual.

But the thing that came up caught him by surprise. Instead of the normal passage of the information of the world and the owner’s will (kind of like you are reading a small article appeared in front of you), a wave of unknown memories rushing straight into the head, giving him one hell of a headache (again).

And he passed out.

 


Okay, so he kind of getting the basic things now. Mission mode is like a whole new level compared to the roaming free mode. It’s like the updated version of an old game but had two hundred more stages and the difficulties jumped up to twenty stars instead.

In this world where Jin lived in, technology had gone on a whole new level. Not as advanced as Taehyung’s world, but definitely more advanced than the rest of the world Jin had been through. This world, unlike Taehyung, didn’t have any magical elements or robot-based fighting suit (the one that looks like those in Neon Genesis Evangelion, but smaller version).

In this world, about two or three years ago, scientists (in gaming company, funny) had discovered and advanced what they known as Virtual World (in Jin’s world, Oculus was the furthest thing to get into virtual reality, and that is just for the vision), or what the youngster liked to call - The Other World. The game was called “Tomorrow”, in other to get inside the game (literally), players would have to buy a nutrition chamber (human-size, those you saw in sci-fi movies, like the one in Avatar, but curvier). The chamber was extremely expensive, but who didn’t want to get into the virtual world? That was why it was sold out the first few hours (and those were the golden ranked ones, more expensive and more comfortable, not to tell the normal chamber). And the condensed and squishy liquid (color based on people’s choice) that was in the chamber? That was the nutrient that kept one alive if one intended on playing for weeks (even teachers played this game, so students could go to extra classes in the game). The ratio of time in the game to time in real-life was ten to one, so people could enjoy the time they spent in game more.

Our friend Jin here was just a college student (student, again), so he didn’t get the chance to buy it first-hand, not to say the golden-ranked one. So whenever he went to his class, all he heard was how excited his classmates were, discussing the game, what class (game’s class, not school’s class) they were, what were their ID, added friends, top people who got the prizes for being the first player in the game, and so on. It made Jin a little bit jealous.

Talking about Jin, the guy was around twenty-four years old, a warm, smart, charming upper-classmen who would make every girl swooned for him and every guy wanted to be his best bro. He was calm, nice and would give a small smile to everyone he met. Not the smartest student in school, but definitely smart enough to be the tutor to the top fifty in school (social study, I mean, not math, nope, never). And based on Jin’s memory, he got a younger cousin who lived with him because her parents could not take her with them (she still got school here, and her family was filthy rich, she almost had enough money for the golden-ranked chamber, but she didn’t want to ask her parents for money, they hated gaming and stuff, so she bought the silver-ranked one instead), the girl was nice, a little bit rude, too open (about… stuff… you know…), too violent, but overall a caring and kind cousin.

Jin’s personalities were kind of hard to copy since Jin himself was the complete opposite, he was more like Jin’s cousin’s personalities. But if he couldn’t act like Jin, then his pride on his acting skills would be a joke on his whole life. But as long as he could get home into his room and be himself, that was alright, he could not act for that long amount of time (usually he would act small scene or about two hours on stage, so this might be a new challenge for him, it is like he just finished jogging around the neighborhood and the next day you told him to run around the whole city).
Also, new update. In order to make this whole thing look more realistic and prevent him from looking like an idiot staring blankly in the air, the System had changed their information log from the blue invisible screen into a small black journal. So whenever he wanted to look for information, he just needed to open his journal and read it (also, this made people not suspecting him and kicking him out of the world).

Because all of the information he got was from his memory, Jin couldn’t know the ending before-hand and he didn’t know if Jin died in the end or not (died because of accident or homicide, not died because of old age, everybody died from old age).

Jin sighed, opened his black journal and flipped it to the mission section (there is character information too, but only about the people he already knew so he just skipped it).

[Daily Mission:
Daily Mission 1: Go to school.
Daily Mission 2: Saving money.
Daily Mission 3: Be friendly to everybody.

Main Mission/Plot Mission:
Main Mission 1: Buy a gaming chamber.
Main Mission 2: ???
Main Mission 3: ???

Hidden Mission: ???]

Jin looked over his list of mission and chuckled. Money to buy chamber? Easy!

“System! Trade three hundred thousand points into real money!”

Jin always did this, there was no way he could save money as good as the moms (not the shopaholic ones, the normal moms), he would spent all of it in a blink of an eye!

[ERROR! THIS TASK IS FORBIDDEN DURING MISSION MODE!]

“...”

“What?” Three blinks.

“What do you mean by I cannot trade?”

“NOOOOOOOOO-!!!!” Birds flying away to protect their beautiful delicate ears.

 


Almond paused the video looked up at the ceiling, where her brother was staying (cousin, but it is fun to have an older brother so why not?) and shook head.

“Sigh. Somebody is on his period again.” (Her cousin always got mad when she said that, and it is fun to see a calm person got mad)
(Not really, calm person got mad is really scary)

And when back to the dancing video she had been watching.

“Sigh. I wish I could dance like him. A y sunshine, that doesn’t sound right at all, but it fits him. Sigh.”

 


I’m sorry for the delay.
I had explained my situation to some people.
I might die after this, but it would be worse if you guys are sad.
So I took this rare chance and upload this chapter.
I don’t have time to upload it on AO3.
I will check some errors I made later.
I hope you guys would understand and forgive me.
I will explain my situation later when I’m out of this mess.
I'm sorry because this is too short.
Again, I’m so sorry.

Edit 7/26: I fix some of the font error. Sorry for that.