Gamble

Random TaeNy Musings
 

Taeyeon hates gambling. Well, not really. Taeyeon hates losing, and the percentage of losing trough gambling is almost equivalent to a full hundred. Not to mention that Taeyeon has never won anything before. From scratch cards to lottery tickets, you name it. Taeyeon has bought almost everything that an adult could buy from the store.

She wasn’t addicted to gambling. Hell no. Taeyeon was a person who was very careful with her money. Oh the irony. The truth is, Taeyeon never gambles on her own accord. It was always her best friend “forcing” her to try her luck, or “YOLO”, as what Sunny would say.

“Hey Taeng, time to invest and YOLO.”

“What? Nah.. The chances of winning is almost non-existent, i don’t see why you even bother.”

“Don’t be so stingy, just buy a ticket for a dollar and if you’re lucky you could get back hundreds! Like man, you could finally dress yourself up nicely and not look like a hobo in front of Tiffany.” Sunny commented, mentioning the person that Taeyeon was having a huge crush on.

“Hey! What does me not gambling have to do with Tiffany?”

“Well, i’m just saying that if by a of luck, you managed to win the prize, you could use the money to bring Tiffany out on a date, instead of always staring at her like a creep.”

“Oh come on, i don’t even know if she is interested in me. She might not even swing my way you know.” Taeyeon rolled her eyes.

“I’m pretty sure she does, from the way she blushes every time you two exchange stares. It’s so obvious!”

“Whatever Sunny,” Taeyeon rolled her eyes once more. “Just leave me alone. I never wanted to gamble in the first place.”

“Fine, let’s make a deal. Or a gamble, whatever you’d like to call it. If you can get Tiffany out on a date, then i’ll never ask you to buy tickets with me again. Ever.”

“Ooooh.. That’s the same as telling me that a dog barks instead of moo-ing. The answer is already known. It’s so obvious that she wouldn’t say yes because first, she’s wayyyy out of my league. And second, she’s most probably straight.”

“Hey, that’s why it’s a gamble. You’re trying your luck in hope that you’ll get the grand prize, which is Tiffany going on a date with you, in this case.” Sunny explained.

Taeyeon shook her head at Sunny’s persistance. Why would her friend want her to ask Tiffany out? Tifany would probably reject her anyway. Taeyeon was pretty sure that she did not stand a chance with someone she considered to be “the prettiest goddess in town”. Should she try her luck?

Taeyeon was having an internal conflict with her confidence.

Yes. 

No. 

Tiffany might be gay. 

Tiffany might be straight.

She might say yes. 

She might say no too.

YOLO.

Fine, just do it. 

“Sunny, if i manage to get her out on a date with me, you have to stop forcing me to gamble, okay?”

“Sure Taeng.” Sunny replied.

It was as though god has been eavesdropping on their conversation as Tiffany happened to walk past Taeyeon and Sunny. Talk about perfect timing.

“Well, here goes nothing.” Taeyeon thought.

“Hi Tiffany!”

“O-oh! H-hi Taeyeon.” Tiffany blushed.

“Hey Tiffany, I just wanted to tell you that you’re the most beautiful girl i’ve ever met, and i would like to have the chance to take you out on a date.”

“Umm….”

Tiffany bit her lower lip while she contemplated on something, while Taeyeon started to feel worried for making Tiffany feel uncomfortable due to the lack of response. It was a pity that Taeyeon did not notice the twinkle in Tiffany’s eyes.

“I-I’m sorry for making thing awkward. It’s okay. Y-you could say no you know, i’ll under-”

Taeyeon couldn’t finish her sentence as a pair of lips descended upon hers. Tiffany slipped her arms around Taeyeon’s waist as she released her lips, lookig straight into Taeyeon’s eyes.

“Yes Taeyeon, i’ll go on that date with you.”

From the corner of Taeyeon’s eyes, she could see that Sunny was gagging at the PDA displayed in front of her, but Taeyeon couldn’t care less. Not when she has just won the biggest gamble of her life, and Tiffany being the grand prize of this gamble. YOLO.