More Than Words

Random TaeNy Musings

“Taeyeon.”

“Hmmm?” Please don’t tell me you have a date with whateverhisnameis. 

“I have a dinner date with Mike later, you’re on your own for dinner.”

“……” Why?

“Is anything wrong?” You don’t look too happy Taeyeon.

“Nah. Enjoy your date.” Nope. Definitely hoping that your date is a disastrous one so you can call things off between you and him.

“O…..kay?” I’d say you’re jealous. Why won’t you say it?

“Let me know when you’re back home.” Perhaps i could find something to do while Tiffany is on her date. Maybe i could bake cupcakes?

“Okay.” Do you really want me to go for this date?

“Bye.” No.

——

It was officially the longest 3 hours Taeyeon has ever had ever since the new year started. Although baking cupcakes was something Taeyeon loved to do, it still felt off. Tiffany was out with her date and here Taeyeon was, baking cupcakes while trying to figure out a plan. Deciding to go ahead with what she had planned, Taeyeon drew a heart on one of the cupcakes, with a T on the others. All that was left to do was for Tiffany to come home.

———

“I’m home.” Why is it so dark? Where’s Taeyeon? 

Tiffany slowly made her way into the dark apartment as no reply was heard. Just as Tiffany was about to put her bag in her bedroom, Tiffany caught a glance of what seemed to be cupcakes on the dining table. Upon closer inspection, Tiffany realised that Taeyeon had baked 3 cupcakes and wrote a message for her with pink frosting.

“T ❤️ T”

Taeyeon.. Does this mean you feel the same way?

Tiffany was lost for words. The main reason why she went out on a date with Mike was to get over her “one-sided” crush she had on Taeyeon. Although Tiffany have had her suspicions, she couldn’t confirm it with Taeyeon, not when the latter bottles everything within her small frame.

Walking into Taeyeon’s bedroom, Tiffany spotted the small girl sleeping on her bed. Smiling to herself at the cute sight before her, Tiffany snucked under the covers and reached for Taeyeon’s hand. Interlocking their fingers gently, Tiffany gave the sleeping girl a light nudge.

“Hmmmm?”

“Taeyeon, wake up.”

“T-Tiffany?”

“Mm.”

Glancing at the clock beside her bed, Taeyeon figured out she must have fallen asleep while waiting for Tiffany.

“You’re back.” Judging from what time it is now, i’d say the date went well.

“Taeyeon, i’ve something to tell you.” That’s right Tiffany, go for it.

“What is it about?” Not your date please.

“My date.”

“O-oh… What about it?” Do i really want to know more?

“It was the last.” Huh?

“Oh. What happened?” I’m happy that you called things off, but please don’t tell me he hurt you. I might just hunt him down for breaking your precious heart.

“I realised that he wasn’t right person for me. I’ve been looking in the wrong places. What i wanted was always beside me, hidden within plain sight.” Was that quite straightforward?

“Oh..” Was that directed at me? Am i the one she wants? Should i risk it?

“Yeap.” Taeyeon, do something! I’ve literally just confessed to you for gods sake!

“Erm… Okay then..”

“Okay you know what? I’m tired of this. I love you, Taeyeon-ah. You’ve always been with me through thick and thin. You’ve seen my worse, and probably my best. I want to give you more than my best though, i believe that you deserve much more. So if you can’t return my feelings i’m okay with sticking as just platonic best friends.” Phew, it feels good letting it all out. Please accept me?

Taeyeon stood rooted to the ground as she stared straight into the same brown orbs she fell in love with. Now that Tiffany has bared her heart out to her, all that was needed was for Taeyeon to say she felt the same way. If only she could.

“I-I’m….” I love you too, Fany-ah.

“I get it. I’m sorry for making things awkward for you. You can just go back to sleep, Taeyeon.” I guess i was wrong after all.

Tiffany couldn’t hide her disappointment from her face as she turned towards the direction of her bedroom. She had only taken two steps before a hand on hers turned her around. What she felt next was lips. A pair of soft warm lips upon her own, conveying the feelings that Taeyeon was unable to convey verbally.

“I love you, Fany-ah.”

It doesn’t matter if words are left unspoken. Actions always speak louder than words, so Taeyeon made it a point to prove to Tiffany what she really felt.

 
How easy it would be to show me how you feel 
More than words is all you have to do to make it real 
Then you wouldn’t have to say that you love me 
‘Cause I’d already know