Professor

Random TaeNy Musings

Being a maths teacher had its ups and down. Tiffany loved being able to share her knowledge with those who need it, and that was the main reason why she chose this job. Its ups were simply finding joy in helping students solve questions which were too difficult for them, and the satisfaction that comes after. No feeling in the world could beat that of realising you managed to solve a tough question after a few hours of trying. 

Taeyeon on the other hand, hated maths. She could never understand how her girlfriend would sit at the desk for hours simply marking papers that were full of squiggly lines and weird numbers. It did not help that Taeyeon was relatively bad at maths back in her school days. How could her girlfriend teach maths, she could never fathom.

It was just another friday evening where Taeyeon came home to find her girlfriend sitting at the dining table, with stacks of papers placed in front of her. It did not even take 5 seconds for Taeyeon to find out what Tiffany was doing.

“Awww come on! It’s friday, our date day. Must you really mark them now?”

“Don’t sulk Taetae, i was just marking them because i had the free time to do so. We’ll go for our date once i’m done with this okay? Probably in about 10 minues.”

“Fine. I’ll take a shower then. If i don’t see you ready by then, i’m so going to throw your totoro plushie out of our room.” Taeyeon mock threatened.

“Yea sure, you big baby. Now go shower.”

It took Taeyeon not ten by fifteen minutes to be done with her shower. She proceeded back into the hall only to see Tiffany still marking her student’s papers.

“Yaaaaaaah~ You said you’ll be ready!”

“Well, I am. I’m just waiting for you.”

“How is that waiting? You’re still halfway through that paper.” Taeyeon asked.

“Like you said, it’s our date day. So i have to set my priorities, don’t you think?” Tiffany said with a smile as she slipped her fingers into Taeyeon’s hand.

“You’re lucky i love you.” Taeyeon grumbled.

The date went on as usual, with Taeyeon bringing Tiffany out on a date at their favourite restaurant, only to come across one of Tiffany’s old students. Apparently he had managed to ace his maths back in school and he had went on to be a mathematician as well, all under Tiffany’s guidance. Tiffany couldn’t help but feel proud of her own student after realising how much he had achieved.

“See? This is why i love being a teacher.”

“Fine…. I understand that you feel proud seeing your students become successful in their lives but i still don’t understand why you love numbers so much. What so amazing about numbers? One to ten are just simply numbers, nothing else.”

“Well… Numbers mean a different thing to me. I could use numbers 1-10 to represent my life.”

“Go on. Show me.” Taeyeon challenged.

10 – 10 perfect years spent together with you.

9 – Our 9th anniversary.

8 – It took you 8 dates to finally confess to me.

7 – The number of days i spend sleeping in your arms.

6 – The time i look forward to everyday knowing that you’re on your way back from work.

5 – 5 fingers of mine interlocked with 5 fingers of yours.

4 – You made me fall 4 you.

3 – 3 words : “I love you.”

2 – Just the 2 of us.

1 – You’re my one and only.

I love you, Taetae.”

“I love you too, Professor Tiffany. Hehe.”