Unexpected Confessions

Random TaeNy Musings
 

High heels, check.

Perfectly tied ponytail, check.

Dazzling eye smile, check.

y as red lipstick, check.

Out-of-this-world beauty, check check check.

 

That pretty much summed up the prettiest girl in campus. Tiffany Hwang, check.

Tiffany was the captain of the university’s volleyball team, which meant that she was a regular in the physical department. Hot body, check. With all these attributes, Tiffany was the special one, as some might call it. Others would just address her as ‘the perfect goddess’. 

It was a well known fact that Tiffany was single, which meant that almost everyone was fighting for a chance to bring Tiffany out on a date, girls included. Tiffany had the ability to turn even the straighest girl on earth to become gay, which was proven by the amount of requests Tiffany received for the University’s annual dinner last year.

However, one thing that everyone did not know was that Tiffany, the ‘perfect goddess’, was actually crushing on one of the biggest introverts in school. Kim Taeyeon.

Blonde hair, check.

Baby grin, check.

Pearly white teeth, check.

Sitting all alone in the corner of the library, check.

Dressed in her favourite white tee shirt coupled with a black cardigan, Taeyeon found herself sitting alone in the corner of the library. Kim Taeyeon had very little friends. It wasn’t because she was unfriendly, but rather it was because of the fact that Taeyeon was a very shy person. No conversations could last for more than five sentences without people feeling that Taeyeon did not want to talk to them.

Her only true friend was Sunny. Taeyeon did not know how Sunny managed to become her friend. What Taeyeon knew was that Sunny had been with her ever since she was four years old, having being friends since their childhood days. Sunny was the friend that Taeyeon could rely on. She trusted Sunny with every secret she had, but she had regretted letting Sunny know her biggest secret. It was about her crush on Tiffany Hwang, probably the hottest girl in campus.

Ever since Sunny knew that Taeyeon was crushing on Tiffany, she had made it a point to tease Taeyeon about it. Somehow rather, Tiffany happened to be in the same volleyball team as Sunny, which resulted in Taeyeon receiving weird texts from Sunny about her crush. Today was no exception.

“Yo Taeng, she’s hot.”

“Who?” Taeyeon replied.

“Your crush, duh.”

“Why are you telling me this out of a sudden?”

“Nah, just pushing you in the right direction so that you can be happy. See? I’m such a great friend!”

“Firstly, i don’t know if she swings my way. And secondly, what makes you think she’ll accept me even if i confess?”

“Well, it’s better to have died trying than to not try at all. Besides, she said you’re cute.” Sunny said out of a sudden.

“Wait what?! What did you tell her?!”

“Nothing much. I just told Tiffany that you were crushing on her.”

“Oh my god.”

Ever since the day Taeyeon knew about the fact that Tiffany knew about her crush, she had been trying to avoid Tiffany at all cost. It wasn’t really successful as Tiffany would always be with Sunny, which meant that Taeyeon still saw her crush for most of the time.

“Taeng!” A voice called out.

Turning around, Taeyeon spotted Sunny walking towards her with Tiffany trailing behind, seemingly engrossed with her phone.

“Hi Sunny. H-hi Tiffany.”

Sunny simple waved back while standingg in front of Taeyeon, showing a grin which meant that something bad was about to happen. As for Tiffany, she looked up from her phone to see her crush in front of her, only to be taken by surprise.

“T-Taeyeon!”

“Yes?”

“H-hi!” Tiffany said somewhat stupidly.

“O-oh… H-hi!”

Sunny could only shake her head at the awkward interaction between the two girls in front of her.

“Uh- Sunny said that you liked chocolates s-so i thought i would give you some.” Tiffany said as she handed over a pink box of chocolates. Little did Taeyeon know, there was a page from Tiffany’s diary hidden within the box, courtesy of Sunny.

“Oh! Thanks Tiffany. I’ll make sure to enjoy the chocolates later. I’ll be heading home right now, see you around.”

Taeyeon couldn’t hide her smile as she proceeded home while holding on to the box of chocolates that Tiffany gifted to her.  It surprised Taeyeon to know that her crush actually went through the trouble of buying chocolates for her simply because she liked it.

As soon as Taeyeon walked out of sight from Tiffany and Sunny, the latter turned to her friend while giving Tiffany a pat on her shoulder.

“Relax, everything is going to be alright. She’s going to find out about your crush once she opens the box of chocolates.”

“I don’t see how a simple box of chocolates is going to let her know that i’m crushing on her. It’s just normal chocolates!”

“Well, a normal box of chocolates wouldn’t do the trick, but a box of chocolates with the latest page of your diary would definitely do the trick.” Sunny said while smirking.

“WHAT?”

“Yay to my two friends who are finally going to be lovers after two years of crushing on each other!”

“But! My latest diary entry…. Did you read it?” Tiffany asked hesitantly.

“Yea, you wrote about how much you wanted to just grab Taeng and kiss her.”

“Oh my god!”

Taeyeon was sitting on her couch when she decided to open the box of chocolates which she received in the afternoon. Noticing that there was a piece of paper folded within the box, Taeyeon opened the paper only to realised that it was Tiffany’s diary entry.

“Dear diary, today i saw my sunshine. She was sitting at her usual spot at the corner of the library, doing nothing and just staring out of the window. She looks so cute doing that! How i wish i could just grab and kiss her… Her lips are soooo cute. Sigh, if only she knew how much i liked her. I heard from Soonkyu that she likes chocolates though, so perhaps i should give her a box of chocolates? Hehe i would dip them in a love potion like what happens in Harry Potter but that only happens in stories… Sigh if only i could tell her what i told you, life would be much easier when she’s with me. Maybe i should start hinting that i like her? I really hope Taeyeon swings my way. That’s all for today, till we meet again tomorrow. 

With love, Tiffany.” 

Taeyeon couldn’t stop her jaw from dropping after reading Tiffany’s diary. Did Tiffany plan this? Was Tiffany confessing to her? Or did this mean that Tiffany was waiting for her to confess? Countless questions started to flood her poor brain as Taeyeon started to doubt herself. Why would the captain of the volleyball team like someone like her?

A loud knock on her door broke Taeyeon out of her thoughts. Shuffling forward lazily to open the door, Taeyeon’s jaw dropped again when she saw Tiffany behind it. All the questions in Taeyeon’s brain were answered immediately after seeing a blushing Tiffany shifting on her toes. She leaned forward and grab Tiffany by her cheeks, pulling the latter in for a short but sweet kiss.

Breaking apart, Taeyeon could feel the heat creeping up to her cheeks as she exchanged gazes with Tiffany.

“T-Tae.. T-that was…” Tiffany stuttered while trying to find the right words.

“U-um yea…” Taeyeon was no better.

“I-I like you.”

“I like you too, Tiffany.”

“I’m sorry about the note, it wasn’t meant to be in the box of chocolates when i gave it to you. Soonkyu put it in when i wasn’t looking. I’m sorry if you feel creeped out after reading about what i wrote.”

“Fany-ah, do you feel creeped out after what i did to you? Because that was exactly what you said you wanted to do in the note. For me, i loved what i just did and i wouldn’t mind doing it one more time.” Taeyeon teased.

“I would mind though.”

“What? B-but i thought y-you said you liked me?”

“I would mind simply because i wanted to be the one giving you the kiss.”

With that, Tiffany pulled Taeyeon in for another kiss.