(02)

Secrets

(07/08/2016)

===

“Hi, beau…”

“Stop.”

“What? Why?” Taeyeon leaned forward to kiss her but Tiffany stepped back. “What’s wrong?”

“Not here.” Tiffany held the other girl in arm’s length when she tried to lean in again. “Tae…”

“Okay, okay.” The smaller girl chuckled and took the girl’s bag instead. “Now, where should we go?”

“Home?”

“Sure.”

===

“Tae…”

“What?”

“Stop it…”

“Why…”

“Tae…” Tiffany finally willed herself to push the other girl gently.

“But Fany-ah…” Taeyeon unwillingly sat up and held her hand. “We were having fun…”

“I know. But we need to talk.” She tucked her hair behind her ear and cupped her face. “Now stop sulking, okay?” She shook her head disapprovingly when the other girl grinned after the quick kiss.

“Sure.”

“What are we going to do?”

“I told you, nothing.” Taeyeon made herself comfortable and lied her head on the brunette’s lap.

“What do you mean by nothing?”

“We do nothing about it. Let’s just chill. See what happens.”

Tiffany furrowed her brows as she looked down. “How can I chill?”

“Why are you so worked up with this silly engagement?”

“Do you really need to ask?!”

“Hey, don’t shout at me.” Taeyeon poked her girlfriend’s cheek. “So what if we’re dating?” The brunette only looked at her skeptically. “So what if we’re going to be stepsisters? We’re not biologically related so it’s not weird.” She shrugged nonchalantly.

“How can you be so calm about this?”

“I just ignore it.” She laughed hard when her hand was slapped.

“Be serious, Tae.”

“I am serious.” Taeyeon pushed herself up and fixed her shirt.

“Where are you going?”

“Home?” She furrowed her brows when Tiffany looked at her questioningly. “I need to get dressed. We’ll have our first family dinner later.”

“Family dinner?”

“Your dad didn’t tell you about the dinner?”

“He didn’t…” Tiffany’s phone vibrated. “Hello?”

“Hi!” Mr. Hwang greeted cheerfully.

“What is it?”

“Get dressed. I’ll pick you up in an hour, we’ll be having dinner.”

“Dinner?”

“Yes.”

“What di…”

“I’ll see you later! Bye!” The call was ended immediately before she could say anything more.

“Damn it!” Tiffany almost threw her phone away but her annoyance died down instantly when Taeyeon leaned forward to place a sweet kiss on her lips. She sighed contentedly into the kiss which made her girlfriend smile. “I love you so much, Tae…” She mumbled against her lips before pulling back.

“I love you so much too, beautiful.” Taeyeon smiled widely and pecked her lips one last time. “But I have to go now. I’ll see you later.”

“But Taeyeon-ah…” Tiffany followed suit and walked her to the door. She placed her arms around the girl’s neck and pulled her closer.

“Awww, don’t give me that look…” She kissed her cheek and gently pried the arms away. “I’ll make it up to you later.”

“How?”

“I’ll sneak in after dinner.” Taeyeon winked at her.

“But Daddy will be here after dinner.”

“Well, I’ll find a way to sneak in.” She tilted her head in thought. “How about you go to my place instead?”

“Are you crazy?”

“Bring Jessica with you. Put the reservation under her name.”

“You’re desperate.” Tiffany chuckled at the cheeky grin and hit her shoulder playfully.

“Call me whatever you want but I really have to go now.”

“Fine.”

===

Mr. Hwang cleared his throat loudly that made the two quiet girls look up from their respective plates. “I know this may be a little awkward…” He turned to his daughter then to Taeyeon. “At least say something…?” He smiled at them encouragingly.

“I have nothing to say, Daddy.” Tiffany flatly said and glanced at the other girl across the table.

The old man shook his head at his daughter’s attitude. “I swear she’s the sweetest. I hope you two will get along.”

“I’m sure we will, sir.” Taeyeon politely said and smiled kindly at the brunette. She chuckled lightly when Tiffany narrowed her eyes, silently telling her not to say anything stupid.

“Well, that’s good to hear.” He sighed in relief. “Oh, by the way, Miyoung goes to the same university as you, Taeyeon-ah.”

“Miyoung?” The smaller girl pretended to look confused.

“My daughter. That’s her Korean name. Since we’re family here, I guess it’s alright to tell you that.” He grinned when his daughter glared at her.

“Oh.” Taeyeon nodded and turned towards the silent girl. “What year are you?”

“Second.” Tiffany answered coldly and looked at her impassively.

“Oh. We’re in the same year. What course?”

The brunette stared at her sternly and almost pulled her hair out when Taeyeon smirked at her. “Political science.”

“Ohh, cool! Mine’s business management. Nothing cool about that.” She shrugged nonchalantly and chuckled when Tiffany rolled her eyes.

Mr. Hwang just watched the two interact amusedly before he clapped his hands. “Now, how about desserts?”

===

My Love: What the hell was that?!
Taeyeonie: What did I do?”
My Love: What’s with that fake innocence?!
Taeyeonie: What?
My Love: Stop playing dumb!
Taeyeonie: Awww, don’t be mad, beautiful. ;)
My Love: Don’t.
Taeyeonie: What was I supposed to do? Tell him we actually know each other?
My Love: Fine.
Taeyeonie: I’ll see you in two hours! I need to do something at home. I’ll call you when I’m done.
My Love: Okay.
Taeyeonie: See you. Love you the most! :*


Tiffany just stared at her phone before putting it aside. She checked the contents of her bag then grabbed her keys. “Dad, I’ll be out.”

“Where are you going?”

“Jessica’s.”

“Okay. Message me when you get there.” Mr. Hwang nodded and proceeded to read the papers on the table.

Well, that was easy. She thought as she walked out of the house and drove away.

===