(14)

Secrets

=== 

“Like what you see?” Taeyeon smirked as she took off her plaid shirt and threw it onto the brunette’s lap. 

“You’re being gross, Tae.” Tiffany grimaced at the girl’s sleazy looks and placed the shirt on the table.

“You’re starting to sound like Jessica.”

“Ha, ha, funny.” 

Taeyeon grinned at the sarcastic tone and grabbed the bottle of sunblock. She deliberately applied it on her arms then on her legs, all the while stealing glances at her quiet girlfriend. “Ah, today’s a great day.” She stretched her arms and sighed contentedly before looking back at the brunette. “What?!” She stared at the empty seat in disbelief. The sound of Tiffany giggling made her turn towards the poolside. Tiffany stuck her tongue out playfully before dipping into the pool. “Aish. All that hard work...” She narrowed her eyes as she watched her enjoying the water alone. The brunette beckoned her to come and she slowly stood up then subtly checked the old couple enjoying their meal at the dining area.

The petite girl walked to the pool side leisurely while whistling on her way. She stretched some more then dipped her toes in the water to check the temperature. She gentle sat down and made herself comfortable as she watched Tiffany swimming. “Damn it.” She hissed as she willed herself not to jump into the water and pounce on her girlfriend when Tiffany brushed her damp hair as she made her way towards the poolside.

“Like what you see?” Tiffany mouthed and smirked when she saw Taeyeon blatantly gawking at her.

Taeyeon narrowed her eyes as she looked at her accusingly once the brunette sat beside her. “You’re going to regret doing that once we get to our room.”

She couldn’t help but laugh at the empty threat and only stopped when she saw her dad walking towards them.

“What?” Taeyeon furrowed her brows in confusion and turned around.

“Are you two getting along for real now?” Mr. Hwang smiled brightly at the two.

“We get along just fine, Daddy.” Tiffany said flatly.

“But your snappy attitude says otherwise, though.” He shook his head in disapproval before turning towards the petite girl. “She’s not threatening you or something, right?”

“She may or may not have threatened me to sleep on the floor once…” Taeyeon grinned mischievously.

“Oh my… My daughter would never do that!” He looked at his daughter accusingly

“Are you seriously taking her side?” Tiffany looked at him in disbelief.

“What? No! I’m not taking anyone’s side.” He immediately waved his hand dismissively.

“Whatever.”

“Anyway, we’ll head out first. No fighting, okay?” Mr. Hwang pointed at his daughter.

“Why are you pointing at me? You should be worried about her, you know…” She grumbled as she crossed her arms.

“Oh please, you’re the one who’s hard to deal with Miyoung-ah.” He sighed and looked at Taeyeon apologetically. “Taeyeon-ah is nice kid, you know. And she’s older so you should treat her like an older sister.” Tiffany tried to stop herself from covering her ears at what he said. “Ah! Maybe you should call her unnie from now on.” He clapped his hands happily at his brilliant idea.

“What?! No way!” 

Taeyeon wasn’t able to hold it as she burst out laughing at the girl’s reaction. “I-I’m…” She covered as she tried to stop herself. “I… I didn’t mean to laugh… I’m sorry.” She looked up and saw Tiffany looking at her in disbelief which made her laugh again. 

“See this?! She’s always laughing at me for no reason!” Tiffany flailed her hands in annoyance as she pointed the petite girl.

“Aish…” Mr. Hwang shook his head. “I’ll just leave you two now. Don’t forget about what I said, okay?” 

“Ugh!” She looked at her father walking away like she’s throwing daggers at him. “I can’t believe that old man…” She grumbled.

Taeyeon waited until the old couple was out of sight before facing her girlfriend. “So you’re going to call me unnie from now on, huh?” She looked around before scooting a little closer.

“Stop.”

“Awww, you’re so cute!” She pinched her cheeks as she ignored the constant hitting on her shoulder. “My little sister is so adorable!”

“Ugh! Tae! Stop!” Tiffany finally pushed her away and stood up. “Jerk!” She pointed at the laughing girl before walking away.

===

“Ah, my bed!” Tiffany jumped into the bed as soon as she got into her room. Taeyeon chuckled at the adorable sight as she placed the bags beside the study table and made herself comfortable on the chair.

“Why are you so happy?” Taeyeon swiveled on the chair as she grabbed a random book from the table and flipped through the pages.

“I can finally sleep in peace.” She mumbled against the pillow.

“What do you mean?”

“I can finally have the room all to myself. No more annoying roommate who’s desperate to get laid.” Tiffany turned around and grinned at the frowning girl.

“I am deeply offended, my dear sister.” Taeyeon said dramatically and was quick enough to avoid the pillow thrown at her. “Hah! You missed… Ow!” She almost stumbled out of the chair when the other pillow hit her in the face.

“It’s not funny, Tae.”

“Wha… Hey, I was just kidding.” She immediately climbed in bed and hugged her. 

“I hate you. Jerk.”

“Ow…” She clutched her stomach when the brunette elbowed her. “Hey… No sulking…” She poked her arm lightly. “Hey… This is totally unfair!” She continued on poking until Tiffany turned around and glared at her. “I may be a jerk but this jerk loves you so much.” Taeyeon grinned mischievously before stealing a kiss. “Love you…”

Knock, knock, knock

“Ow!” Taeyeon hissed in pain when she fell off the bed. “The hell?!” She rubbed the back of her head as looked at the brunette in disbelief.

“Later!” Tiffany hissed in return and quickly opened the door. “Oh. Hi, Aunty.” 

“Is Taeyeon here?” 

“Yes, she was just about to leave.” She opened the door wider.

“I need to talk to you, young lady.” The middle aged woman said sternly which made Taeyeon groan.

“But I didn’t do anything!” The petite girl whined as she was dragged out of the room. 

“You did and you know it.” That was the last thing Tiffany had heard from the older woman before they went into her girlfriend’s room. She thought it was better not to meddle with whatever they were going to talk about so she decided to unpack and clean the room to distract herself. An hour had passed and she was able to unpack her things, clean her room and took a quick shower but Taeyeon hadn't came back so she sent her a message.

My Love: Busy?

Tiffany waited for any reply but nothing came. Half an hour later, she tried to message her again, hoping that Taeyeon would reply this time.

My Love: Are you okay?

Tiffany waited anxiously until Taeyeon finally replied.

Taeyeonie: Hi, beautiful. :)
My Love: Are you in trouble?
Taeyeonie: Nope. Why?
My Love: You didn’t come back.
Taeyeonie: Huh?
My Love: In my room. You didn’t come back.
Taeyeonie: Oh. I’m supposed to come back? :))
My Love: Ha ha… 
Taeyeonie: Okay, I lied.
My Love: What?
Taeyeonie: I’m grounded. hahahahahahahaha
My Love: What? Why? What did you do??
Taeyeonie: It’s a secret. ;)
My Love: The hell, Tae?!
Taeyeonie: I screwed up. So I’m grounded. :p
My Love: What?!
Taeyeonie: I’ll tell you some other time. Bye!

Tiffany stared at her phone in confusion. “The hell is wrong with her?”

===