(11)

Secrets

=== 

It took them almost a month to settle their trip due to the old couple’s busy schedule. But for Tiffany, it wasn’t enough to prepare herself. And right now, she could feel an impending headache as they stood in front of two private villas. “Don’t tell me…” She turned towards her father who grinned in return.

“Ours and yours.” He pointed at the right then to the left. “Enjoy kids! Don’t fight, okay?” He grabbed the middle aged woman’s hand and hurriedly went inside before Tiffany could protest.

“Well…” Taeyeon watched the couple disappear behind the doors and faced the villa. “I guess it will be a week full of fun and excitement…?” She grabbed the brunette’s hand who flinched in surprise. “Let’s go in?” Tiffany shook her head at her father’s stubbornness and went ahead, leaving Taeyeon alone.

The petite girl took her time in roaming around the two storey villa before going back to the living room where Tiffany sat quietly as she skimmed through the magazine she’s reading. “This place looks nice. I haven’t been here.” Taeyeon sat next to her and made herself comfortable.

“It’s one of his private resorts. It’s not really open to public.” Tiffany put down the magazine when she felt the weight on her lap. “What are you doing?” She furrowed her brows and looked around instinctively. 

“Your dad said to enjoy. That’s what I’m doing now.” She shifted to lie her head more comfortably.

“Really, now?”

“I’m pretty much enjoying the view down here.” Taeyeon lifted her brows playfully.

“You’re such a… Ow!” The brunette rubbed her forehead when Taeyeon suddenly sat up upon hearing the doorbell. “The hell, Tae?!”

“I’m sorry.” She grinned apologetically and rushed to the door. The resort personnel greeted her politely and got inside with their bags. “Just place them there.” She pointed at the spot near the couch. “Thanks.” She bowed politely as well and bid goodbye. “Let’s go upstairs?” She grabbed a handful of luggage all at once and nodded towards the stairs.

“Why are you bringing everything at once?” Tiffany chuckled at the sight and took her bags.

“It will save us time.” 

They walked up to their shared bedroom and Taeyeon immediately lied down in bed after placing their bags in the closet. “Ah, I love this mattress already.”

Tiffany giggled at how cute she was holding onto the pillow before closing the curtains and made sure they won’t be seen from outside. “Should I be worried that you’ll choose this mattress over me?” She grinned as she climbed over the petite girl.

“Why would I choose it over you? I can’t have with a mattress. That would be totally weird.” 

“Jerk!” She was about to slap her arm but her girlfriend was faster to pull her down.

“Hey, I was just kidding.” She nuzzled her nose against the brunette’s cheek. “Nothing can beat my beautiful girl.”

“Sweet talker.”

“y back.” 

Tiffany yelped when her was smacked. “How dare you!” She struggled to move away but Taeyeon rolled them over and pinned her against the mattress.

“Oh, please. Stop struggling, beautiful.” Taeyeon leaned down to kiss her softly. “You know I’ll be gentle…” She smiled into the kiss when the brunette sighed contentedly and relaxed. “Now that’s more like it…” 

=== 

They were quietly eating their dinner at the resort’s al fresco dining area. But it was too quiet for Mr. Hwang’s liking so he decided to start a conversation as per usual. “So Taeyeon-ah...” Taeyeon turned to him with raised brows in question. “How’s school?”

“I’m barely making it but I’ll survive.” She grinned when he furrowed his brows. “I’m just kidding, Uncle. Everything’s fine, you don’t have to worry.” She chuckled when the old man sighed in relief.

“Well, that’s good to hear.” He proceeded on cutting his steak. “Are you currently seeing someone?” He asked casually but missed how the petite girl quickly glanced at Tiffany.

“Not really…” Taeyeon shoved some vegetables into as an excuse to refrain from talking. She glanced at her mother but the woman was seemingly uninterested.

“Are you one of those who likes to collect and select?” 

“What?” She almost choked upon hearing the question. 

“You know, those people who casually dates around. Not really committed or something.” He shrugged nonchalantly.

“Oh, I’m not one of them.” 

“Ah, that’s good to hear.” Mr. Hwang nodded in approval. “How about I introduce you to some nice young men?” 

Tiffany’s hands froze for a second while cutting the meat but quickly recovered and silently chewed her food like nothing happened. Meanwhile, Taeyeon’s mother awkwardly cleared before sipping her drink. Taeyeon looked at the middle aged woman by reflex and raised her brows upon hearing that.

“What is it?” The old man finally asked after witnessing the strange behavior of the three.

“Uh…” The petite girl looked back at her mother, asking for permission to which the older woman subtly nodded in return. “Since this getaway is some sort of a way to have a bond or whatever… I think I should be more open to everyone, right?” 

Mr. Hwang nodded encouragingly.

“I don’t date nice young men, Uncle.” 

“Oh. Then wha…” It took him a moment before everything sunk in. “Oh.” His eyes widen at the realization as he stared at Taeyeon.

“Yeah… Well… I kind of date girls… So… Yeah…” Taeyeon said awkwardly and finished the remaining water in her glass.

“You knew about this?” Mr. Hwang turned towards the quiet woman.

“Of course, dear. She’s my daughter.” She answered nonchalantly and wiped clean.

“Oh…” The table went quiet after that as no one dared to say a word after the confession. He sighed loudly after a moment and returned her gaze to Taeyeon. “Well, at least there’s one less thing to worry about.”

“Huh?” She was totally taken aback at the man’s response.

“You know, I don’t have to worry about two girls trying to sneak guys into our home.” 

“I guess that’s one way to look at it…?”

He nodded and finished his food before continuing. “But that doesn’t give you a free pass to sneak people in, okay?” 

Taeyeon swallowed hard at the strict tone but managed to say a strained okay in response.

“How about you, young lady?”

Tiffany inwardly cursed when the attention was now turned to her. “What about me, Daddy?” She asked calmly although deep inside she just wanted to get out of there and go back home.

“Are you seeing someone?”

“No?” It came out right away and too defensive.

“Really? Because I feel like you’re hiding someone from me again.” Mr. Hwang furrowed his brows as he observed his daughter.

“What makes you think I’m hiding something?”

“You seem very happy these days. No more nagging about how difficult Professor Park’s exams are.”

“Can’t I be happy without being accused?” Tiffany looked at him impassively. “And I’m too busy to date anyone.” She was undeterred by her father’s stern looks and inwardly sighed when he finally had enough and shook his head.

“Fine.” He raised his hand to catch the waiter’s attention. “You can introduce them to me, you know. I won’t get mad.” He said after ordering desserts.

“Yes, Daddy.” She said obediently and sat quietly.

===