(01)

Secrets

(07/06/2016)

=== 

"Damn it."

"What's wrong?" 

"Have you seen this?!" Tiffany asked exasperatedly as she shoved her phone to her friend.

Jessica fumbled on the device, almost dropping it to the floor. She read quietly the online article and soon started laughing.

"Why are you laughing? This is not a laughing matter!"

"You didn't know about this?"

"No!" Tiffany gently massaged her temples as her head started to ache. "He didn't tell me anything about this! I just knew about it today. Like literally just now! Damn that old man..." 

"Hey, he's your father. Don't talk like that." 

"Whatever, I don't care." The brunette retrieved her phone and slumped on the couch beside her friend. "Seriously, I can't believe this..." She shook her head as she stared at the photo on the headline article.

Breaking news: Owners of Hwang Industries and Kim Enterprises announce their engagement. 

Tiffany narrowed her eyes as she read the article again. After she had had enough, she dialed a number and waited impatiently until it was answered. "Daddy, what's the meaning of this?!"

"Good morning to you too, Miyoung." 

"There's nothing good about this morning."

"I'm guessing you've read the news...?" Mr. Hwang chuckled which doubled his daughter's annoyance.

"Yes, I just did. How come you didn't tell me about this?!"

"It's a surprise!" The old man said enthusiastically.

"Well, I am very surprised. Good job, Dad..." 

"Now, now, we'll talk about this later, okay? I have to prepare for work now. See you later."

"Wait, Da..." The line was cut before she could say another word. "Damn that old man!" She glared at her phone before slamming it on the coffee table.

"Tiff, relax." Jessica said calmly as she didn't take her eyes off the magazine she's reading.

"How can I?!"

The other girl shrugged before putting the magazine down. "So..."

"What?!"

"You're technically dating your sister... Now that's interesting..." Jessica grinned and tried to avoid the approaching hand that's about to hit her arm.

"Jessi!" Tiffany whined as she tugged at her hair.

"What? It's true."

"I know... But... Ugh! The hell is happening with my life?!"

"Why don't you talk to her about this?"

Tiffany gasped loudly and picked up her phone. She had completely forgotten to call her girlfriend after that short talk with her father. "Pick up, pick up..." She ran her fingers through her hair frustratingly when the call wasn't answered. She tried calling again and again until it was picked up after the fifth try.

"Hi there beau..."

"NO."

"Uh... Okay...? How may I help you?"

"The hell?!"

"What?" 

"Are you stupid or are you stupid?!"

"Hey, that's too much... I just woke up..." 

Tiffany sighed as she tried to calm down. "Have you seen the news?"

"What news?"

"The engagement!"

"What engagement?"

"Our parents!"

"Oh."

The brunette had her eyes widen in shock at the calm tone. "You knew about this?!"

"Can you please talk softly? Or at least tone down the volume? I'll be deaf after this call."

"Stop fooling around, Tae."

"Fine, fine. Yes, I knew. Just this morning."

She sighed in relief and glanced at her friend, silently asking what's wrong which she only shook her head in response. "What are we going to do?"

"Nothing."

"Nothing?!"

"Yeah, nothing. Don't you think it's a great deal?"

"What great deal?"

"Mom said we're going to move out of the hotel and live with you."

"What?!"

"What do you mean by what? You guys wanna move here instead?"

"What?! No!"

"Then what's wrong?"

"Everything about this sudden engagement is wrong! So wrong. So wrong, Tae!"

"What's so wrong about it?"

"Tae..." She heard the other girl chuckle and her head started to throb.

"Just think about the bright side. We'll be spending more time with each other. More time to..."

"Taeyeon!"

Taeyeon burst out laughing from the other side of the line.

"Don't laugh! It's not funny!"

"Geez, what a temper. Chill, Fany-ah." She heard some rustling sounds. "Hey, I have to go now. Daughter duties." Tiffany only hummed in response. "I'll pick you up after class?"

"Sure."

"Okay, see you later. I love you." Tiffany unconsciously smiled at the gentle voice.

"Okay, see you." She ended the call then leaned back on the couch.

"What happened to I love you, Taeyeonie~?" 

The brunette turned towards her friend and raised her eyebrows in question.

"What?"

"She's being unloveable right now."

"Yeah, sure." Jessica rolled her eyes and finally got up. "Let's hurry before Mr. Park scolds us again."

===