chapter 8

OUR LOVE GAME





CHAPTER 8


SJK POV


It's night time and i am in my hotel room...it's so late and i can't fall asleep. I am looking at the ceiling as if it was a TV and i keep on seeing what happened with hye kyo over and over angain. It was the first time i talked to her and it was nice...thinking back she is a smart woman and funny too,mpfff that pillow lie,it was the best...for the first time i saw her smile to me and not crying or reject me,it was nice. My attraction to her is as strong as ever maybe even more but i didn't have the urge at that moment to have her,it was a nice and calm moment to talk with her, i admit i didn't expect that. She helped me with my injured arm and what was that about?


FLASHBACK


"Jong ki...please keep being like this"


END OF FLASHBACK


"what do you mean with that sentence?...AAAAAAAA,anduegetta,i have to ask her" i take my phone and dial MINA's number.


"yeaobuseyo?what do you want jong ki?" she is one of the girl who won't even look my way since she is so in love with her boyfriend,i think i can ask her.


"if you want to go at it again,jong ki i am not in the mood to even reply you, by-"


"no wait! it's not about that,i don't want to spent the night with you"


"...what's with you? really?...then ok what's the problem? i am curious now"


"ye,i am curious as well...listen.what does it mean when a girl tell you keep on being like this so i won't be swayed?"


"...wait it's the first time you are asking me about a girl"


"it's not like that,you see i asked her to play a game"


"a game? what are you a child?"


"i mean,sigh it's a game where i win if she fall for me and have the rest how do i treat her later is up to me"


"what? such a bastard jong ki"


"wait,if she win and in 3 month we aren't going to have then i will give up and she will punish me,i don't know what she will do tought"


"really? that's just fair i hope she win"


"ya!who's side are you on?"


"the girl"


"ya!...anyway do you know what it means?"


"...i do"


"for real?! then tell me? it's been already a month that i know her and i still can't have this girl"


"what?! a month and nothing?...jong ki you seem pretty interested in her"


"me? well she is quite a beauty,you know her too,it's song hye kyo"


"what?! for real? i like that girl she know how to stand her ground. If she is the one,i can understand why you are so interested in her..."


"it's only because she a girl i want,it's really funny too, awhile ago we talked and i spent a good time with her,maybe i won't be so tired of her after having , sometime having a conversation with her i am sure it will be nice,but if i don't win the game this is a big no. I have no idea how to start to make her fall for me,you know she is the type that won't have if she isn't in love so i have to at least know something so i can know how to move right?,so tell me hu?"


"...ahahah...no"


"what?!wae? i am desperate here!"


"i like a desperate jong ki..."


"ya!"


"jong ki...i can tell you one thing first. Think about what you really feel, it's the first time ever i hear you had a conversation with a girl and someone you didn't even had with,think about the reason and then,the answer to your question...you will understand it on your own...i can only give you a tip tough,because you are pitiful"


"ya,damn woman!"


"right, a woman should be treated in a good way"


"i always treat them with the outmost care!"


"with sincerity and not because you want them in your bed. Hye kyo is someone that's not easy to find and i advise you to pay attention"


"are you implying that i am in love or something? because that's how feel to me,well i tell you i am not"


"that's something i don't know jong ki,only you do,just pay attention to these things, 1) if you are gealous.
2) if you can't wait to see her,even a glimpse is fine
3) if you want to talk to her and stay by her side and if you worry for her,in other words if you always only have her in your head then you should pay attetion"


"what,the,ya,i want to have her so of course and i will think of that...n-no?"


"ahahah,i already said to much...remember be respectful of her arasso?...still i so want to see you loose...please loose the game ok?...i have to talk to her and say every bad thing about you,ahahah"


"ya,stop or she will think of me as a criminal!"


"i think she already does anyway"


"i don't think so! by the way i am not gealous,tsk,what does it even mean!"


"she plus another guy equals jong ki angry,that's it" she answer me playnly


"..."i am speachless, what the, i was gealous? i can't belive it!


"yeobuseyo?...anyway,i have to work bye"


"...AISHHHHHI!" damn her, now i am as confused as hell!,what do i do?!




------------------------------


The next day.


"gosh i didn't sleep a wink,what's with mina and her saying,if i am gealous,tsk what nonsense" i am already in the lobby of the hotel waiting for the others when i hear some laughter coming from my right side,curious i turn around to see who the voices beloged to,only to se that it was the reason why i didn't sleep, together with bogum and kim yoo jung,but i found complitely irritating the way they laughed together and-look at him touching her head! what the hell is he doing?! i can't touch her if i don't do the impossible while he can do wathever he want? withouth even asking?! ya! this is cheating!


"really?bo gum do i really have something on my head?"


"ahahah dae,your hair are so fierce,standing up like needle"


"ya! really?it wasn't so bad when i looked at the mirror this morning tought..." she is trying to fix her hair as best as she can withouth being able to do it well.


"let me do it" he take her hands and bring hyekyo in front of him and then start to fix her hair...i can do that too!...aish,i am so pissed, what the hell,why doesn't hye kyo say anything?...i can tell for sure that he likes her,he can lie all he want but i know it already,he is just too much...i am seriously going to teach him a lesson one of these days.


"o! song jong ki ssi!" her friend kim yoo jung noticed me and so the other two looked my way too.


"hi,good morning" i force a smile and wave at her. Song hye kyo is now looking my way and for some reason i can't really help but think about yesterday and about the hand he is still touching of song hye kyo...let her go now!!!.


"o good morning jong ki" she said to me and my heart strangely skipped a beat.


"good morning" then i look at bo gum and greet him.


"good morning bogummi"


"i am park bo gum jong ki ,please remember my name"


"tsk,so unfriendly so soon in the morning"


"were are you guys headed today?" ask one of my group and yoo jung answer him


" o to the pool"


"there is a pool scene?" i ask confused.


"no there isn't.but for today we can't take picture becasue they are shoting an important scene and they don't won't to spoiler,you know the web and so on"


"sorry guys i don't think i will join you tought" she said apologetic.


"what wae?!you didn't bring a swimsuit? who cares we can buy it" say kim yoo jung


"it's not that,dear,i just don't feel like it"


"wae?" ask bogum


"...because i don't like water" she scratch her head "i can just watch you guys"


"how is it possible sunbae! what a shame!" my friends told her in disagreement,usually girls like this kind of things,like pool and so on but she doesn't?


"aigo,fine there is no need to be like that,i will just enjoy your guys company,let's go" she say and then start to walk


END OF SJK POV




-------------------------------------------


The group of friends in the end have gone to the pool,everyone put their swimsuits on and started to enjoy their stay.While hye kyo just sit down on one of the loungers by the pool with her camera reflex always with her.


"sunbae,should i stay here?"


"ya,just have fun,go,go,go"song hye kyo said to her worried friend


"ok,but if you are bored call me ok?"


"i won't, i have my reflex remember?"


"right,then you won't feel lonely"


"of course she won't because i will stay with her" song jong ki came startling the two girls and then sat beside her.


"jong ki?...wae?"


"i am hurt remember?"he say showing his wounded arm.


" i am staying with her too" say bo gum,coming with the same effect as jong ki.


"what?you too? no! are you going to leave me by myself?"


"but there are tons of people"


"ya,a pretty girl like me?...sigh,fine" but bogum started to worry she is an important person for him and it's true that she is really pretty,jong ki and hye kyo noticed that he was worried.


"bo gum,just go to her,we can't leave her alone can we?"


"what? but you-"he look at jong ki,poor bo gum worried for two girls at the same time.


"ya,go,she is even in the pool,this is a really big one and full of people,i am worried too just like you...i am fine please,just stay with her"


"crae,go to her i am with her so nothing will happen"


"sigh,fine,i will go but" he point a finger at jong ki


"don't you dare touch her arasso?"


"sigh...ok i won't, now go please,i am worried for the little girl too,look there, boys already circled her,gosh even that middle aged man?"


"what?" jong ki and hye kyo said together,bo gum turned around suddenly.


"o no,gosh go bo gum!"


"sigh,damn it,sorry kyo"


"go!" and in the end he go and help the sweet kim yoo jung.




IN THE POOL


"Ya go away,i don't want to play with you leave me alone" she say pissed


"o please don't be like this and let's have fun" she struggle to go away but the boy took her wrist


"ya!" suddenly she feel someone behind her a hard and rock like chest,scared she looked behind her and it was bogum,her heart skipped a bit.


"bo gum?wae?..."


"i was worried" he smile at her.


"and i was right to come"


"who are you?"


"her boyfriend" her heart started to beat fast withouth knowing why,she know he really mean it only as a friend but the other guy tought they were a couple.


"tsk" then they finally let her go and leave her. Yoo jung still a little nervous hesitantly look at him.


"are you ok?yoo jung?" she looked at his handsome face,remaining silent for awhile,the place where he is touching her seem like they are going on fire.


"hey,yoo jung"


"i-i am fine...thanks"


"...sorry for leaving you alone" he apologize seriously and she smile a little.


"it's ok,in the end you came to help be...what was that boyfriend thing anyway...making me skip a beat" the last part she said it in a lower voice and he didn't hear it.


KYJ POV


"well i did it on purpose so he will leave,wae? i am quite good looking am i not allowed to say that?" what the!you shouldn't say that at all idiot, i hope this is nothin,that my heart is beating only because i was scared. He then take her hand smile and at yoo jung and then say.


"let's go and have fun ok?" i was a little taken aback,but in the end i tried not to think about it,i give him my best smile and then answer to bogum request.


"dae,let's go" and so we finally went to enjoy ourself,hoping not discover why my heart is racing like this while touching this tender guy hand.


END KYJ POV


----------------------------------------


"yes,let's have fun"


"i hope everything will be fine,there are really to many boys there"


"don't worry she will be alright since he is with her" hye kyo look at him.


"you seem to know him well"


"dae, i do,he is a good guy even if lately i can't really stand him"


"why? he is such a good friend...by the way i heard about the two of you, you knew each other back in school"


"o, so he told you,wasn't i great? saving his life"


"tsk,should i compliment you?"


"if you can"


"aigo...you did good, helping him was a good thing,maybe you are not so much a scumbag"


"ya,if you know me i am quite the nice guy" she look at him with a little smile.


"i hope so" suddenly a lot of boys started to gather around hye kyo.


"wow,beauty wanna swim with us?"


"no thanks,now please go away"


"o wae?,don't be like this can you?" they wanted to take her but jong ki stopped them.


"ya,she doesn't want to"


"who are you?" one of them say


"it's not your damn buisness, off" jong ki say in a threatning way


"tsk,ya are you her boyfriend? i don't think so, just go away from here,you stupid rat"


"wa, this is really annerving big and fat idiot" jong ki say smiling making the big guy angry and he wanted to hit him,but hye kyo stopped him.


"aigo,i just took a picture,this is not a good act,let's see,what you guys did to me was arrassment because i am not pleased with you and now you even wanted to pick on a hurt man" she raise jong ki hurt arm to make then look at it


"aigo this is so not good".


"what?you ?"


"ya,what are you thinking kyo" he wisper to her, worried that they will do something to her.


"don't worry this is a public place i don't think they are stupid enough to hurt us right? because they are good citizens right?" she smile at them.


"you-"


"young let's go,too many people are watching" in the end the boys went away agry of couse but in the end went away.


"few,i really almost lost it,ya,what where you thinking? what if he did something to you?"


"you willl have protected me right?" he was startled my her words.


"of course i would,i am quite good even if there are more than one person,gosh try not to piss people off too much can you?"


"mpfff look who is talking,anyway thanks and i know that you are good at that,but it's better not to act like that,we can make it good and fast with just words so why hurt each other and your photographer career?" jong ki was deeply moved by her words,she worried for him.


Hye kyo look at him with a smiling and curious expression.


"why are you looking at me like that?"he ask.


"it's quite strange,talking to you like this,it's already the second time,why aren't you saying anymore of your remarks?"


"...wae? do you want me to flirt with you again?" she made a serious expression then say.


"...dae,so i can keep on rejecting you" this again made jong ki perplex,why did she say that? why is she like this?


"jong ki want something to drink? i am going to take something-"


"no i will go,let me offer..."


"ok,then water thanks" she gives him money but he reject them and say he will be the one to pay.Hye kyo is now alone but see a child that fell in the water,fortunately it was near and she was fast enought to take him withouth having to enter the pool,after she took the child the crying kid run to his mom who was coming to him becasue he was lost. The mother of the child thanked her to no end then of course she left even tought she wanted to reward her kyo didn't want anything so the they just left.


"few,fortunately i was able to take him in time" she look at her shaking hands,she can't belive what she did,her heart started to beat really fast,too fast but then peopledapplauded her gesture,after awhile tought some girls came to her,they were the girlfriends of the boys from before.


"you girls,what-"


"ya,who do you think you are? making advance to our boyfriends"


"what? just what the hell are you people talking about?" she asked confused.


"the boys from before,we saw just how you were acting with them"


"...tsk,i think you people are crazy"


"what?!" one of the girls said really pissed"


"they were the one to came to me and tried to even hit my friend" she say seriously


"you!" the girl gave her a push and she fell into the water.


"ahahah,this is good ,swim well little girl" she wasn't able to touch the ground,she started to gasp for air because she can't swim while the girl went away.


"GASP,!H-HELP!"


Meanwhile jong ki came back and kyo wasn't were she was before,his eyes then goes directly to were a group of people were,curious he goes there and see hye kyo almost drawning,people wanted to help her but jong ki was faster and jump into the water,exactly when kyo lost her energy and fainted in the water. Fortunately he saved her and brought her back outside the pool.


"HYE KYO! WAKE UP! HYE KYO!" he shout at her but nothing,so he decide to do first aid,he put his lips on hers and then start to breath air in her,after doing what he had she finally threw the water.


"cough,cough,cough,GASP!"


"kyo, hye kyo are you alright!" she was still in shock but manged to look at him,still coughing,jong ki was seriously terrified and suddenly hugged her.


"YOU SCARED THE HELL OUT OF ME! don't do it ever again..." he said while higging her tight,his arms shaking for the scare he got and hye kyo was really surprised.


"ya! what happened!" bo gum and the others came later,after they saw all the crowd and in the water he recognized the two of them.


"omo,sesange sunbae!" kyo fainted again and bogum wanted to take her to a hospital himself,but jong ki with a serious expression as he didn't even care about anything else but her, carried her to her outside the pool room, but  he saw the girls who threw her in the pool he was seriously mad and the girls started to get scared.


"if something happens to her, mark my words i will make your livese impossible" fortunately in the pool room a doctor was present and so he went to see her in her room,while park bo gum mad just the same as jong ki,start to walk fast with a seriously scary face towards the girls and corner them to the wall,kim yoo jung goes with him too.


"what?another two?" the girls say really scared.


"you shouldn't have done that" say yoo jung mad as as well.


"we didn't know she wasn't able to swim!"


"what does that mean?! it's shouldn't be done to a person in any case" keep on saying the worried and angry yoo jung.


Then it was the turn of bo gum,with a scary smirk on his face he say" it's time to takie care of you,i am not going to wait for longer than needed i will report you girls to the police"


"what?! no! please she is fine anyway!" he then hit the wall beside one of them,making the girls jump from the surprise. Angry he say


"fine? she almost drawned! we will see you later" the two of them go back to hye kyo's room while the girls were left shaking there .


----------------------------------


In hye kyo's room.


"how is she doctor?"


"she is fine,don't worry,she just need to rest well for the mean time,there is no need for medicines".


"ok,thanks"


"get her some water to drink ok?" the doctor say to jong ki who does as he say.


"thanks doctor, i am fine now" hye kyo say to the doctor. Fortunately just before the doctor came hye kyo woke up when she was in jong ki's arms.


"it's ok i didn't do anything,you should thank the one who did first ahid,if he was a bit slower to rescue you,miss we wouldn't be talking like this now"


"i see..." she look at song jong ki's back who his taking a bottle of water.


On jong ki's part he finally felt relieved for the fact that she is fine. Jong ki thank the doctor that later goes away. He never felt so scared in his whole life, after he goes to her bed side jong ki gives her the bottle.


"here drink something"


"it's ok,i don't feel like drinking water right,now" she smile " i already drank a lot of it in the pool". Jong ki is making a sad face and she was a little surprised but then smiled. and looked at him.


"song jong ki are you worried?"


"how can you smile now,of course i am i tought that-" then she stop him.


"song jong ki,thanks...for saving my life" she smile at him who is really surprised by her words and grateful that he is able to hear them,so he hug her.


"ya!what-" jong ki is trembling and she can feel it.


"ya,why are you trembling?o,you are you cold?"


"i am fine,don't worry about me"


"but you are trembling! go and change yourself"


"right,sorry did i wet you?"


"it's ok,we should change anyway,put sheets on you insteadt" she then share her sheets with him. While jong ki look at her.


"i am not trembling because i am cold" finally she look at him.


"then why?"


"i was worried sick, i really felt like my heart stopped when i saw you go down in the pool"


"...i see,but i am fine now,you don't have to worry anymore" they looked at each other for awhile not saying a word when suddenly the door open up.


"hye kyo ho-" bo gum wanted to say how she was feeling but instead saw the both of them sharing her sheets.


"what the heck is happening here?" ask yoo jung.


"yoo jung he is trembling"


"i am fine,i said not to worry about me" he say in a lower voice.


"don't be stupid what if you catch a cold? he stayed with me till now like this he didn't even change his wet clothes, that's why i covered him"


"i see" then bo gum said to jong ki.


" i will take you to your room we are with her now,so go and change" the two boys looked at each other then jong ki got up.


"you change too kyo and the sheets too they are wet" she nodded and he walked towards the door and then get out, bo gum went with him.


"jong ki"


"what? something more to say?"


"...thanks for saving her..." and jong ki answer smiling.


"don't mention it...i couldn't watch her drawn...i will come back later" bo gum look at jong ki's back surprised by his words,he is someone who help people who are in difficult situations just like back then with him,but this time his words hit him,it was like a different jong ki. Bogum was glad to see his young back at least for that moment but he felt threatened too.


"could he like her for real?...just like me?" suddenly the truth hit him he realized that he have feelings for hye kyo,that for him she isn't only a friend but something more.


"damn it,what do i do now?" say bo gum to himself.




---------------------


In hye kyo and yoo jung's room.


"...kyo unnie,can i ask you something?"


"sure what is it yoo jung?"


"what's up with you and song jong ki?" she was a little confused.


"what do you mean?"


"well,it's something going on with the two of you?"


"what?! are you crazy,no! tsk,ya,the truth is that we are playing a game" hye kyo start to tell her everything.


"a game?"


"yes,since he can't win me over he said,at least give me 3 month,if in this time i won't have you fall for me meaning in his bed then i win and i can punish him,if he is the one to fall for me" she say happy


"what if you loose? what if you are the one to fall for him?" her smile faded and for just a few seconds she didn't say a word.


"it won't happen...because i won't fall for him"


"sigh...hye kyo this...is no good you made a stupid decision"


"wae? i just want to make him understand how we girls are"


"this kind of game is dangerous! sigh...there is a 3 option that i don't think neither of you thought of"


"what is?"


"...what if the two of you fell for each other?"


"what?that's-"


"don't do it,he is fun and all but a person like him is hard to belive,well i heard that one of my friend's boyfriend was similar to him,not at his level but similar and when he fell for her he never cheated once,so i think they are pretty loyal if the fall for real,still she found it hard to belive him at first and their relationship wasn't really all that good,they had a lot of problems because of his past,you know,girls that came back,people who wanted to separate them for venegance against him and so on,sigh. That's why i hope you won't fall for him because it won't be a good thing for you" she then remained perplexed for awhile,when suddenly someone knock at her door and it was jong ki together with the others and bo gum too.


"how are you feeling now kyo?" song jong ki ask her and she smile and then answer his question.


"i am fine,thanks"


"i am glad"other people are talking to her like no tomorrow while her friend words started to circulate in her head all over again and she can't help but look at him thinking just how can something like that happen,when bo gum enter the picture making her come back to reality.


"are you really feeling better?" he ask concerned.


"yes i am fine"


"sigh,that's good" he said relieved


" i am already taking care of those girls,i am going to report them right now"


"what? report them?" say hye kyo


"of course that's just right don't you think?" say her friend yoo jung.


"no don't do it"


"sorry but i agree with bo gum kyo,they passed the line this time,they must learn a lesson about life" say jong ki and bo gum looks at him.


"glad that we agree on something" he asnwer back.


" no, don't it's uncessary,think about our work, i am fine and it will attract uncessary attention".


"ya, this is about you we are talking about,who cares about work?" jong ki say his point of view and bo gum and the others agree.


"anyway i don't want any of that because i have a good solution anyway"


"what do you mean?" yoo jung give voice to everyone toughts she was about to answer when at her door someone knock again.


"who it is?" ask kyo


" i have no idea"


"kyo,dear,it's me lee jung gi"


"Omo,please open the door" she ask and a little pissed jong gi goes and do as she ask. Lee jong gi run to her bed side.


"how are you feeling i saw jong ki before bringing you here,i later came to know that something like that happened"


"i am fine now,don't worry" she smile but he seriously worried.


"do you have a fever?" he try to touch her forehead but jong ki and bo gum take his arm to stop him before everyone eyes.


"what do you guys want?" jun gi ask them.


"she doesn't have a fever so please refrain to touch her" jong ki answer his previous question.


"that's right,no need to worry about her" bo gum say,than yoo jung say something not so far from the truth.


"what's this? unnie it seems like you have three boys in love with you,triangle? no there another guy so an harem?-"


"ya! stop everyone please,sigh,i am okay,now get out,i am going to change and then start to go and work again,tsk what harem,they don't like me girl can't you see the reality of things here? aigo,now get out i have to change,prepare everything we need and jung gi thanks for visiting me but you should go back on set, people will start to search for you"


"don't worry about that,we are on breack anyway and no one know i am here"


"anyway just go she have to change" say again jong ki, at that the actor looked somewhat pissed by jong ki and then answered.


"right she is about to change let's get out together" jong ki looked at him in the eyes.


"yea,let's go everyone" then they finally get out.


"sigh...this is crazy" say tired hye kyo.


"just how lucky of you such handsome men you have around you"


"look who is talking when we went on the set of that show for idol and actors i wonder who had the most boy around asking for her number.


"well you were good too,but what can i say i am good looking  unnie"


"ahahah,ok let me get up now"


"ahahah,are you sure you want to get up?"


"yes worrywrat let's go"


"ok"


-----------------------------------------------


Meanwhile in lobby hotel lee jun gi stop song jong ki.


"what do you want?" he ask him.


"i heard about you, that you use girls and so on,do you want to use her too and then throw her away?"


"aish,what's with you people,ya it's not your buisness and also what about you then...do you like her?"


"she is an important person and i don't want her to get hurt"


"wow,sure so you are saying that you don't like her?"


"...no i do" jong ki really became pissed and found his words really unpleasant,he was gealous and felt threatened,bo gum wasn't enough already now this man too.


"tsk,you get away from her,i know for sure that you like girls just as much as i do"


"sorry i am not like you,it's always been people invention,i had a few girlfriends in the past years but i loved them each one and i never cheated,it's people like you that i hate the most...she is a good girl so pay attention arasso or you will pay big time" then he goes away.


"what's with him,aish,first bogum and now the lead actor? damn that girl,she is too much" aish


------------------------------------


Back to the two girls.


"by the way unnie you and the lead actor seemed a lot friendly i think he like you"


"it's not like that,he had a sister and i always remembered him of her so he is over protective. I also tought about that at first but he said i was wrong,he think of me as a little girl who need protection and in reality i think of him as a brother too even tought we have been apart for sometime now but i really care for him and he does too,that's why he is like that,sometimes when we where going to take pictures of a land scape and boys started to come at me we faked being a couple and they went away ahahah"


"aigo seriously?! with jung gi?! omo how lucky!"


"and sometimes he told them this" i am her brother and i won't let anyone that i don't like date her"(she is imitating his voice).


"ahahah"


"aigo,i just hope his fraternal love remained at his house this time around or else he will say that we are brother and sister or lovers,well i don't think to that extent but knowing him he will say something like"i like "her and guys will feel scared of him"


"what, seriously?"


"yes he did that a lot"


"i see"


To be continued