Chapter 6: Meeting the Parents

I'll Give Into You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The following week started off as a surprise on Monday morning for Jinyoung when he heard a knock on his door. It came to a bigger surprise when he saw Jaebum standing there as he told him, “I’m here to pick you up!”

Of course Jinyoung ended up freaking out and running back inside to change quickly. Again he felt extremely embarrassed Jaebum saw him in a half-sleepy state with serious morning bedhead. He quickly found out that Jaebum was going to make this a daily routine (well just the days Jinyoung has work) to pick him up and drop him off every day. Jaebum claimed on their way to work one day that, “It gives us more time to spend together plus it shows we're a couple.” Which Jinyoung does not complain one bit.

Of course this week has been odd ever since him and Jaebum have been showing up to work together. The workers quickly took notice on the first day when Jaebum dropped Jinyoung off at the café. Before Jinyoung went inside Jaebum pulled him in for a kiss which left Jinyoung dazed. Jaebum would also come in during his break time to visit Jinyoung so they can have a nice break together.

Jinyoung was aware of the glances and whispers of the people in the building every time they would come in to order a drink. Some things he’s heard were actually really nice such as, “That’s so cute him and Mr. Im are together!”, but of course there were those people who were just sour about the entire thing, “Jaebum is just using him for a good time.”

When Jinyoung would hear the negativity of those people it would get him down, but his friends and Jaebum would put him back in a better mood quick.

As the days came closer to Friday, Jinyoung would find himself becoming more and more nervous. On the day of, Mark and Youngjae noticed Jinyoung was acting odd and he was somewhat in a dazed state. So when business was slow they sat down with him at one of the tables.

“Ok what’s wrong? All this week you been sort of off and especially today. You’re normally not this…ditzy.” Mark tells him with a concerned expression.

Jinyoung sighs, “I don’t know if I should tell you guys.”

Youngjae tilts his head and asks in a curious tone, “Tell us what? Come on, you know you can talk to us about anything.” He puts his hand on his shoulder, “Please? We’re worried.”

Mark just nods along.

Jinyoung blushes slightly at what he is about to tell the boys the plan for him and Jaebum tonight, “W-Well tonight I’m going to Jaebum’s place because his parents are coming over for dinner and they want to meet me.”

Mark and Youngjae both shout out in unison, “WHAT? You’re going to meet his parents?!”

Youngjae grabs Jinyoung’s arm and shakes it frantically, “WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL US THIS? OH GOSH THIS IS A BIG DEAL.”

Mark throws one of the sugar packets from the table at Youngjae to make him stop. Mark scratches his head, “Uh ok. Then that shouldn’t be too bad. Just y’know look your best and be charming.”

Jinyoung nods, “I know just that’s not what I’m really nervous about. I mean I’m nervous about that too but….” He pauses for a moment. He isn’t sure on how to tell the boys that tonight they’re going to try at it for a baby. He takes a deep breath and rapidly says it, “We’regoingtohavetonightbecausewe’rereadytotryforbaby.”

Mark and Youngjae just stare at him with a blank expression. Mark finally speaks up, “Wait…what?”

Youngjae eyes grow wide with surprise and he exclaims, “YOU AND JAEBUM ARE GONNA DO IT TONIGHT?!”

Mark and Jinyoung stare back at Youngjae with a shocked expression on how able he was to understand what was just said. Mark quickly turns to look back at Jinyoung, “Y’ALL ARE FINALLY GONNA DO IT?”

Jinyoung instantly hides his face behind his hands due to embarrassment. He mumbles from behind his hands, “Y-Yes.”

Mark laughs loudly, “Oh why didn’t you tell us? Dude you’re going to be fine! This is what you wanted right?”

Jinyoung puts his hands down and sighs, “Yes! BUT I’M NERVOUS. It’s been years. YEARS MARK.” He emphasizes the last part as he frantically waves his arms around. 

Mark rolls his eyes, “You worry so much. Look just take things slow at first. Start with a nice make out session and then that will lead to even more heated make out session and before you know it you’re screaming his name as you-“

Jinyoung immediately puts his hand over Mark’s mouth to shut him up and shoots him a glare. With a slightly annoyed tone he tells him, “Shhh. Don’t announce it to the entire building!”

Mark just continues on laughing and Youngjae just shakes his head at his idiot friends as he can hear Jinyoung threaten to push Mark off of his chair.

 

The rest of the day went by in flash. Jinyoung was at his apartment picking out an outfit to wear for tonight’s dinner while Jaebum was idly sitting on Jinyoung’s bed waiting. They’ve been here for almost an hour.

Jaebum chuckles as Jinyoung keeps asking him if, “Do you like this?” or “Is this outfit good enough?” Every time Jaebum smiles at him and tells him, “Yes I love it. I know it would look great on you!”

Jinyoung comes out from his closet and slumps against the door frame, “Urgh I can’t find anything to wear!”

Jaebum tries to calm Jinyoung down by saying, “You know it’s not going to be anything fancy right? Whatever you choose to wear my parents will think you’ll look great.”

Jinyoung shakes his head, “B-But you’re wearing that nice suit and all I have are these basic dress shirts I use for work.” He says as he deploringly picks one of the shirts off of the ground and pouts.

Jaebum gets up from the bed and walks over to Jinyoung. “Here let me see the shirt you’re holding.” He holds his hand out.

Jinyoung hands over the shirt to Jaebum. He stands there awkwardly as Jaebum inspects the shirt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter