Chapter 15

I'll Give Into You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At some point during the week, Jinyoung found himself attending his first doctor’s appointment. To his disappointment Jaebum was not able to join him due to him being bombarded by meetings, which Jaebum felt terrible about, but Jinyoung understood and assured him he would be fine going alone and he would call him right after the appointment.

Of course last minute he almost got cold feet about it. So, he urgently called Mark and forced him to come over to his apartment where he also told Mark he was pregnant. Mark stood there dumbfounded for a good few minutes then proceeded to think Jinyoung was playing a joke on him. Mark quickly found out it wasn’t a joke when Jinyoung dashed off to the restroom to throw up for the 3rd time that morning.

So now they both find themselves at the clinic while idly waiting for Jinyoung to seen by the doctor. Mark awkwardly stares at his phone in hopes people wouldn’t’ think that he happens to be the one that got Jinyoung pregnant. He glances over when he sees Jinyoung rapidly bouncing his leg up and down.

“Why are you so nervous? Jinyoung, I am sure the baby is healthy and doing just fine inside of you.” Mark tells his anxious friend who can’t stop bouncing his leg up down.

Jinyoung runs his hand through his hair nervously and continues bouncing his leg, “You never know! I’ve read some depressing stories on the internet that you think the baby is all safe and sound inside of you, but….” He looks down and rubs his belly as he doesn’t finish his thought. Jinyoung wouldn’t know what to do if there was anything wrong with the baby or if he lost it.

Mark sets his phone aside and pats Jinyoung’s knee firmly, “I am pretty sure those are just some in rare instances. And I’m sure since it is Jaebum’s baby, that kid is going to be a stubborn one.” He lets out a light chuckle to lighten the mood.

Jinyoung responds with a soft “I hope so” as he continues to rub his belly as he thinks fondly of the growing life inside of him, “I hope you’re doing alright in there my little angel. Daddy is excited to see you today.”

Mark lazily leans up against the stiff chair. “So, what are they going to do today? Like how does this work?” he says after he yawns due to boredom.

“I think they’re going to do an ultrasound.”

“Oh? So will you find out the if you’re having a boy or a girl?”

Jinyoung sighs, “No I wish. I won’t find that out until I’m about 16 weeks along…I think. I mean that’s what the website says.”

Mark just nods his head, “Hm, I see.”

They both sit there in silence as they watch the various people enter and walk out from their appointments and hear the soft chatter of those waiting around them. Finally, after a few minutes of waiting, which felt like an eternity to both of them, a nurse calls out from a doorway while looking at a clipboard, “Park Jinyoung?”

Jinyoung abruptly stands up as he hears his name, “Ah I’m here!”, he follows the nurse as she smiles and begins to make her way down the hall. Mark quickly follows after them.

They are ushered into the doctor’s room where the doctor was already waiting for them.

The doctor was a male who seemed to be middle aged and he happily greets them with a warm smile, “Hello there. I am doctor Jung.”

Both Jinyoung and Mark smile and say hello.

“Well why doesn’t Mr. Park please take a seat here on this bed.” He pats the bed.

Jinyoung makes his way over to sit on it. As he awkwardly stares around the room as doctor Jung proceeds to ask, “So, I’m guessing you two want to know how your baby is doing?”

Mark becomes startled at this remark and quickly clears the misinformation as he waves his hands in front of him, “Oh! Uhh I-I’m actually just a friend. T-The dad couldn’t make it so I’m just here keeping Jinyoung company.”, he felt his face heat up which is typical of Mark when he feels awkward.

Doctor Jung chuckles at Mark’s flustered state, “Ah there is no problem with that. I was just curious.” He then turns his attention to Jinyoung, “Alright Mr. Park, I am going to do a basic checkup just to check your vitals then after we can do the ultrasound. Sounds good?”

Jinyoung nods his head and smiles. He can feel a mix of excitement and nervousness bubble inside of him as he knows the big moment of finally seeing the baby is going to happen in a couple of minutes.

After doctor Jung checks Jinyoung’s vitals, in which he declared, “You’re in great health! That’s a good sign.”, they move onto the ultrasound.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter