Chapter 12: Into the Storm

I'll Give Into You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jaebum? You seem a bit off. Is everything alright?” Jinyoung asked him in a concerned tone as he tenderly placed his hand on top of Jaebum’s.

Jaebum snapped away from his thoughts as he peered into the worried orbs in front of him. He hesitantly answered Jinyoung as he internally debated with himself if he should tell him what happened at the office. Jaebum gives Jinyoung a (fake) smile, “Ah, I’m fine. Just it was a busy day despite the fact I was the only one there.”

Jinyoung slowly nods his head as he continues to stare at Jaebum. He noticed how Jaebum was hesitant on answering. He wanted to comment about it, but before he could he felt Jaebum grab onto his hands and places sweet kisses on them.

“Jinyoungie, please don’t worry. When I’m with you, you make all of my worries go away.” Jaebum loving tells Jinyoung in a soft voice.

Jinyoung blushes slightly at this. He still doesn’t understand how he got so lucky to be with Jaebum. The other night he remembers telling Mark, “Finally, things are going my way…” And he hopes it continues so.

As the two began a quiet chat, the chef appeared from the kitchen (Jinyoung still can’t get over that Jaebum has his own personal chef) with their dinners.

The moment the dinners are placed in front of them Jinyoung quickly digs into the food. Jaebum on the other hand just stares at his food as the negative thoughts from what Nayeon told him earlier still cloud his mind.

“M-Maybe I should ask him about it…” he looks up at the younger. Just about when he was going to open his mouth he notices Jinyoung’s scrunched up expression as he makes of noise of disgust.

Jaebum can’t help but to laugh softly at this. He makes a remark, “I thought you liked kimchi spaghetti? You ate it all last time.”

Jinyoung shook his head no. “I’m not sure why, but the moment I swallowed my first bite my stomach felt like it did a backflip.” He rubs his tummy to try to calm the nauseous feeling. At this point the smell of the food was making him feel more nauseated.

Jaebum calls the chef over to tell him to make Jinyoung some chicken noodle soup. The chef complies and takes Jinyoung’s plate away.

Jinyoung smiles sheepishly and feels guilty. He looks down at his lap and mumbles a soft “Sorry.”

“Don’t worry about it.” Jaebum smiles at Jinyoung to reassure him it is no big deal. “In fact, are you sure you’re not getting the flu or something?” he gets up from his seat to check Jinyoung’s forehead.

Jinyoung thinks for a moment, “Um no. Nobody at work was sick. Maybe it was the left overs I took for lunch.”

Jaebum nods his head.

After Jinyoung’s soup comes out and he is happily eating, Jaebum agreed to himself that he would have a talk with Jinyoung after dinner. He just needed to hear everything from Jinyoung and know the truth. He just wanted to put an end the ongoing doubts he has.

Jaebum and Jinyoung were nestled in next to each other on the couch as a television drama was playing.

Jinyoung was intently focused on what was going on in the drama. Jaebum noticed Jinyoung would curse under his breath or his breath would hitch when something dramatic would happen. Jaebum on the other hand was not paying much attention to the drama itself as he was figuring on how to formulate the words to start the conversation.

Finally, when a commercial came on, Jaebum took his chance. He decided he just needed to be straightforward and honest with Jinyoung.

“Jinyoung, earlier you asked me if I was alright. Well, the truth is no. Something has been bothering me.”

Jinyoung quickly pulls away from Jaebum and gives him a surprised expression due to the sudden statement. “Oh? What is it? Jaebum you know you can talk to me about anything.” He says in a worried voice has he gently rubs Jaebum’s arm.

Jaebum takes in a deep breath before he says his next words, “Earlier Nayeon made a surprised visit to my office…” he pauses for a brief moment to see if Jinyoung is listening, “W-Well I quickly found out that she wasn’t coming in to say hi, but to actually give me some information…..”

Jinyoung notices the uneasiness in Jaebum’s voice. He urges him to continue, “About?”

“You.”

Jinyoung eyes grow wide with Jaebum’s quick response. He stops rubbing his arm and pulls away. “M-Me? What do you mean?”

“Jinyoung….Nayeon told me everything about you. Hell, she went as far as to give me a file about you.”

Jinyoung sits there stunned at the information. Jaebum stares at him as he continues speaking, “Jinyoung, you don’t have to hide anything from me, because I know. I know everything.”

Jinyoung scoots farther away from Jaebum. He can feel his body begin to tremble as anxiety begins to overtake him. With a shaky voice he responds, “J-Jaebum I….I-I’m sorry. I’m s-sorry I didn’t tell you anything. Jaebum please don’t think-“

Jaebum gives Jinyoung a piercing gaze that sends shivers down his spine. Jaebum asks in a low voice, “Jinyoung be honest now…are you just using me for money?”

In that moment something inside of Jinyoung snapped. The anxiety he was just feeling was replaced with something else. With a high voice he screams out in an astonished tone, “WHAT?”

Jaebum expression quickly turns to shock, “Look I don’t mean anything ill towards you-“

Jinyoung quickly stands up from the couch. He can feel the hot tears begin to form as h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter