Chapter 5: 2nd Date

I'll Give Into You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinyoung woke up a bit earlier than usual this particular morning. He gotten a good night sleep (not to mention he did have a sweet dream about Jaebum) and he is excited for later on today when Jaebum is going to come over so they can discuss about their future plans.

As Jinyoung walked into his living room, that’s when realization finally hit him. He stood there in the middle of his livingroom when he began to freak out, “Oh my god Jaebum is coming today. Into my apartment. WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING?”

He begins to pace back and forth frantically around his apartment. He’s pulling at his hair due to him being unsure on what to do. Jinyoung lives in a tiny apartment that is not in the best condition. In fact, he is aware that the condition of the entire complex is utter . Also not to mention, Jinyoung lives like a total slob because he figures, “No one is ever going to visit me and I live alone so why not?”

Of course today was the day he regrets living like a slob. “Jaebum is coming over late and if he sees this place he’s probably going to think I’m a total mess.” He worriedly thinks to himself. 

Jinyoung plops down on his couch and rubs his temples, “Urgh I have no time to clean this place later. What am I going to do?” he continues moping around on his couch until an idea strikes him, “Wait…maybe I can call in today so I can get this place all cleaned up before Jaebum arrives.”

He quickly takes out his phone and dials the number to the café. On the other end a clearly bored Mark answers with his deep voice,

“Hello?”

“Mark! This is Jinyoung.”

”Oh hey. What’ s up?”

“Um….I kinda sorta can’t come into work today.”

“Huh? Why not? Are you sick?”

”No! Just I can’t come in ok? You know I never missed a day before. I promise to make it up.”

Mark sighs on the other end then finally gives in, “Oh alright. You better be lucky that your best friend is also the manager.”

Jinyoung happily bounces on his couch as he thanks Mark and tells him goodbye. He stands up and with a burst of energy he confidently begins cleaning up.

“I have to do everything I can to impress him!”

 

“What do you mean the deal fell through? Look I don’t care, just you better report to me by the end of the day that you struck a deal with him alright? K bye.” Jaebum ends the conversation with a hint of anger in his voice. He slams the phone back down onto the receiver.

Jaebum sighs as he leans back into his chair. Today so far has been somewhat hectic for him. With each passing hour he finds himself growing more annoyed and stressed out. He wishes he could take a break to go visit Jinyoung at the café, but his schedule is already filled.

Still, later on after work he will get to see him. Jaebum smiles softly just thinking about spending more time with Jinyoung. He can’t wait to see the smile on his face when he arrives, because he knows the moment he will see him all of his stress will just melt away.

The calming moment gets cut off when Yugyeom buzzes through the intercom,” Sorry to interrupt you Mr. Im, but your next meeting  just got cancelled.”

Jaebum quickly perks up in his chair. “Wait if it got cancelled this means….” And with a large smile he responds back.

“Ok thank you for letting me know.”

“You're welcome sir.”

Jaebum happily spins around in his chair then he quickly stands up. This was the break he’s been waiting for. “Finally! Now on to see to make a surprise visit to Jinyoung.”, he eagerly thinks to himself as he walks out of his office and over to the elevator.

……

“Wait so Jinyoung didn’t come in today?” Jaebum asks in a disappointed and slightly worried tone.

Mark just responds nonchalantly with a, “Yup.”

Jaebum sighs. He begins to worry even more for Jinyoung because just yesterday he knows for a fact he was fine. “I-I hope I didn’t scare him off.”, he nervously thinks to himself.

Mark quickly notices the worried look on Jaebum’s face, “Hey trust me he’s fine. Plus, I know for a fact he is.” he gives him a reassuring smile. Jaebum smiles weakly back at Mark and nods his head.

“Now since you’re here, I’m guessing you want to order some coffee or something? Or,” he changes to a teasing tone as he leans up on the counter a bit, “Were you just here to see our precious Jinyoungie?”

Jaebum tries to keep a straight face, but it begins to falter when Mark starts to laugh which causes Jaebum's cheeks redden a bit. He just rolls his eyes at Mark and with a monotone voice he gives Mark his order.

As Mark makes his order, Jaebum quickly takes out his phone and texts Jinyoung.

“I hope you are doing ok babe. I can’t wait to see you tonight”

Jinyoung quickly responds back, “I’m doing good! And I can’t wait to see you tonight too ;)”

“Oh I meant :) not the winky face haha”

Jaebum laughs at this as he could imagine Jinyoung on the other side freaking out. Jaebum would just love to kiss the boy to make him calm down.

“I mean if you had other things in mind we could always get a head start on the baby making ;)”

“Jk jk. Ok I have to get back to work now. Bye” he bids Jinyoung a goodbye as his order arrives.

He sighs, “Well I might as well head back to the office now. See you later.”

Mark just waves at Jaebum as he leaves.

 

By the time Jinyoung was done cleaning the apartment it was already a few minutes past 6:00. The cleaning took longer than expected due to him at some point procrastinating because of a drama that was playing on tv then he got hungry so he made himself something to eat. Jinyoung also took a quick shower and put on some decent clothes so Jaebum won’t assume he was just laying around all day.

Jinyoung idly sits on the couch because he knows Jaebum might arrive any second now. As he waits he looks at the last few messages him and Jaebum sent to each other. The last one really got Jinyoung feeling anxious. “Ahh Jaebum always so bold.” he says with a shy chuckle.

A part of Jinyoung wouldn’t mind if something like that did happen tonight, but he knew the moment it would he would probably get too nervous and ruin the mood. “N-No we have to plan things out first and talk about it.” he rapidly tells himself to get rid of the thoughts about him and Jaebum doing more.

“Just calm yourself Jinyoung. This is just the getting to know you process.” He tells himself out loud. As he was mentally prepping himself for tonight and rehearsing the questions he wants to ask, his phone goes off with a text.

Jinyoung quickly opens the text. A smile appears when he sees it from Jaebum saying, “I’m here.” Before he could respond there is a knock on his door. He quickly gets up and goes to answer it. He takes a deep breath before opening the door.

When he does open it, he is greeted with a large bouquet of assorted flowers. All of them in full bloom. He blinks and is slightly confused for a moment. Suddenly Jaebum appears from behind the flowers with a charming smile, “Hey there.”

Jinyoung smiles and blushes slightly, “H-Hey.”

Jaebum chuckles, “I got these flowers for you.” He says as he hands over the bouquet to Jinyoung who gladly accepts.

“Ah! Thank you so much! They’re so beautiful. Um, please come in!” he says as he ushers Jaebum to come inside.

Jaebum walks in and looks around. Ji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter