Chapter 18

I'll Give Into You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Double Update!

“Mom, I’m on my way. Please stay strong until I get there.” Jaebum only manages to tell her. For some reason his body felt heavy when he tried to move to grab his car keys. His legs felt like they were weighing him down.

Suddenly he felt a soft hand grasp onto him arm. He looked over to see it was his boyfriend’s worried filled eyes peering into him. Jaebum wasn’t sure if Jinyoung heard all of what just happened or he just happened to wake up in this very moment.

Jaebum began to speak in a broken voice, “I-It’s my father….he’s in the hospital.” He doesn’t make eye contact with Jinyoung because he’s afraid if he does he’ll just break down. He scolds himself, “No I have to stay strong for everyone.”

Jinyoung moved his hand down to slide his hand into Jaebum’s. He gave his hand a squeeze and with somber tone he told him, “Jaebum, please let me go with you to the hospital. You’re in no state to go alone-“

“Jinyoung, I’ll be fine. I’ll stay strong.”

“You’re clearly shaken up by the news. Jaebum please let me go. I want to be there for you.” he gives Jaebum’s hand another squeeze, “Please don’t shut me out.”

Jaebum glances over at Jinyoung with glossy eyes and nods his head. Jinyoung quickly scoots across the bed (despite the fact his back side was sore) and ushers Jaebum over so he can hug him. The moment Jinyoung envelops Jaebum in his warm old Jaebum begins to cry.

Jinyoung heart aches as Jaebum continues to cry in his arms. He gently rubs circles on Jaebum’s back and calmly reassurances him, “Shhh it’s ok. I know you’re scared. It’s ok to be scared. Just have faith in him.”

Jaebum snuggles into Jinyoung’s chest as he continues to cry He tries to focus on Jinyoung’s steady breathing. Jaebum is aware Jinyoung knows what it feels like to not know if your father is going to make it or not. It makes him feel even more worried and scared about the entire situation.

 After a moment he relaxes due to Jinyoung steady breathing calming him down. They remain quiet for a bit longer until Jaebum whispers a soft, “Thank you.”

“Of course.  I know how scary all of this can be. Just remember I will always be here for you my love.”

Without haste Jaebum and Jinyoung rush over to the hospital where Jaebum’s father was admitted at. As soon as Jaebum enters into the waiting room of the ICU wing, he sees his mother frantically pacing back and forth as she mumbles incoherent phrases.

Jaebum runs up to her and pulls her into a tight hug, “Mom, calm down. I’m here now.”

She tightens her grip around him, “Ohh sweetie I am so glad you made it.” She sniffles as she can feel the tears spill again, “T-They just took him into surgery.”

Jaebum quickly pulls away slightly as he was startled by more sudden news. His eyes grow wide in shock as he becomes more distressed, “Surgery? You didn’t tell me that over the phone.”

“At the time the doctors were discussing it. Shortly after we got off they made their decision. I didn’t want to tell you while you were driving. I-I didn’t want you to stress out even more.” Her voice cracks as she finishes the sentence.

Jaebum sighs heavily as he wipes away his mother’s tears. Just in the short time Jaebum noticed as if his mother had aged 10 years due to all of the stress and anxiety she was carrying. He’s never seen her in such a broken state.

His mother rubs her hands up and down gently on his arms, “Sweetie, just be ready for anything ok? I think it will be time for you step up and make your father proud.”

Jaebum nods his head knowing what she meant, “Yes mother. I am ready to take on the responsibility.”

Jinyoung stands by idly watching. He knew Jaebum was more than ready to take over the company and become CEO, but he didn’t want to become CEO under these circumstances. Jinyoung silently prays for the Im family.

Jaebum’s mother turns over to glance at Jinyoung. She smiles softly, “Oh Jinyoung dear, I am so glad you came along with Jaebum.”

Jinyoung bows slighty, “Of course Mrs. Im. I am here for your son no matter what.”

Jaebum glances over to Jinyoung and gives him a warm smile. Though Jinyoung notices the smile barely reaches as his eyes convey worry.

After about 4 hours of what seemed like time was passing by excoriatingly slow which it almost felt Jaebum was going to shout out due to agony, the doctor came out. Jaebum quickly stood up as he tried to read the expression on his face.

The doctor bowed to Jaebum and his mother, “Hello. I have some news to report.”

Jaebum holds his breath ready for anything.

“Im Jaesun, had a successful surgery. He is currently recovering as we speak.” The doctor gives Jaebum and his mother, Sangmi, a comforting smile.

Jaebum lets out his breath and turns to his mother as she is crying tears of joy and relief that her husband is still alive. Jaebum pats his mother on the back, “See? I know father couldn’t be knocked down that easily.”

Sangmi wipes away the tears and proceeds to ask, “M-May we see him?”

The doctor nods, “Yes. Please if you will follow me.” He ushers for them to follow him as he opens up the doors leading into the hallway.

Jaebum tells his mother to go on first which she readily agrees to. He then turns his attention to Jinyoung as he notices him stand there with a gentle smile. Jaebum goes up to him and gives him a warm hug, “Thank you so much. It means a lot that you are here for us.”

Jinyoung chuckles, “I told you I would be. Now go. You need to see your father.”

Jaebum pulls away, “Alright. I’ll be back in a little bit.”. Before he rushes off to follow his mother and the doctor he places a quick peck on Jinyoung’s cheek then dashes off. Jinyoung can’t help, but to giggle at this.

A few days have passed since Jaebum’s father was admitted into the hospital. Jaebum has been visiting him every day either before or after work to check up on him. He wanted to tell his father the news about Jinyoung’s pregnancy and how he plans on to propose to him so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter