Chapter 14

I'll Give Into You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

this chapter is going to be a long one! Only 1 update this week~

Ironically, after Jinyoung had left the hospital, he started experiencing morning sickness. It all started that following Monday when he was abruptly woken up from his dream as he felt the urge to throw up.

Jaebum came rushing into the restroom as he heard Jinyoung throwing up. He kneeled next to him trying to soothe him by gently rubbing circles on his back. Jaebum whispered calmly to him, “Shh it’s alright. This is just part of the process.” He felt Jinyoung slightly tremble.

After Jinyoung was done with that ordeal he allowed himself to be held in Jaebum’s arms. “Urgh, if I’m going to have to deal with this every morning for the next few weeks, then I just want to take my maternity leave already.”, he pouted as he whined to his boyfriend.

Luckily, the following night Jaebum convinced him to take a week off of work so he can fully recover from everything that happened this weekend. Now that the morning sickness finally hit him, he couldn’t be happier that he’s taking off of work.

Jaebum gave Jinyoung a soft peck on the top of his head and with a light chuckle he responded, “Jinyoungie, don’t worry you’re going to be ok. I’m sure this first trimester is going to pass in a blink of an eye. Also speaking of which,” Jaebum pulls away so he’s staring at Jinyoung, “We have a lot to do. I should probably schedule you a doctor appointment to see how our little angel is doing.” He says with beaming smile and he gently rubs Jinyoung’s belly.

Jinyoung blushes, but returns a joyful smile back, “Y-Yeah. I hope the baby is doing alright.”

Jaebum nods in agreement. Jaebum stops rubbing Jinyoung’s belly and now places both of his hands on Jinyoung’s waist, “Hmm….” His face becomes slightly serious as a peculiar thought runs through his mind, “I find it kind of odd that you haven’t gained any weight.”

Jinyoung was taken aback by this as he stutters out in confusion, “W-Well sometimes s-some people d-don’t show until after a certain time. I’m sure as the weeks go by I will.”

Jaebum begins to rubs his thumbs against Jinyoung smooth skin which causes Jinyoung to slightly shudder a bit at this. “I guess. Just I can’t wait until you do because you’re going to look so cute and…” he leans in close to Jinyoung and smirks, “I want everyone to know you’re mine.”

Jinyoung feels his cheeks flush and playfully slaps Jaebum’s arm. Jaebum just laughs at his boyfriend’s cute behavior.

Suddenly Jinyoung looks down at the floor with a solemn expression and goes quiet. Jaebum quickly notices the change in demeanor.

Jinyoung can’t help, but to think about Nayeon.  He knows she doesn’t like him due to the fact that she tried to jeopardize their relationship by making Jaebum doubt him. But in a way because of that entire messy ordeal they had, that they found out he was pregnant.

Jinyoung snapped away from his thoughts as he heard Jaebum asking him, “What’s wrong? Jinyoung what is on your mind?”

Jinyoung peered into worried eyes that were before him. He let out a sigh, “N-Nayeon…what will she think of this? What if she tries something again to-“

“I won’t let that happen.” Jaebum quickly answers.

Jaebum puts his hands onto Jinyoung’s shoulders, “Jinyoung, don’t worry about her. I promise you that I won’t let her get between us.”

“But she doesn’t like me! And I know how close you two are. Just I want to talk to her and clear everything up.”

Jaebum gives Jinyoung a worried look, “You want to talk to her? Are you sure?”

Jinyoung nods his head. He just feels the need to confront Nayeon about everything. “I need to stand my ground and tell her no matter what I am with Jaebum” he tells himself.

Jaebum rubs the back of his head not completely thrilled with idea. He has to admit though confronting Nayeon will be for the best. He also he wants the main reason for her conniving actions.

“If that’s what you then I will arrange a meeting between us. How about for the end of the week? We can invite her and Yugyeom over for dinner so we can talk.”

Jinyoung looks up at Jaebum and gives a convinced expression, “Yes that sounds great.”

“Good. Now we also have to plan a day where we have to tell my parents and your family.”

Jinyoung eyes grow wide as he realizes this. Truth was, he has not told his mother about him and Jaebum yet. All his mother knows that he’s working at the café and he might of have told her about his slight crush on the CEO’s son. Now he has turn around at tell her that he’s dating his crush (and in love with him) and pregnant with his child.  “Yeah that’s going to make one interesting conversation” he tells himself as the thought of it begins to overwhelm him.

Little did he know he said that thought out loud as he was caught off guard by Jaebum laughing and pulling him in for a hug, “Hey you always worry. You know my parents are going to be over joyed. And I’m sure your mother will be too. In fact, I’m excited to finally meet her!”

Jinyoung nervously laughs, “Y-Yeah. Especially the fact that she doesn’t really know that we’re…dating.”

Jaebum quickly pulls away as he hears this, “You haven’t told her anything about us?”

Jinyoung sheepishly nods his head.

Jaebum sighs, “Well you better give her call and tell her that you will be dropping by soon for a visit soon.”

The week progresses by very slowly for Jinyoung. It’s almost excoriatingly painful on how slow the days go by because he becomes more anxious each passing day for the big dinner with Nayeon. Jaebum on the other hand claims the week is flying by due to the hectic week so far.

Jinyoung was surprised when Jaebum told him that Nayeon accepted their invitation with excitement…well more like Jaebum did leave out the detail the dinner was both with him and Jinyoung.

It was finally Friday. Promptly after work Jaebum would be arriving with both Nayeon and Yugyeom.

Jinyoung was pacing back and forth around the living room of Jaebum’s suite. The chef was in the kitchen preparing the dinner, but would come in to check on him and reassure him that he will be fine.

Jinyoung glanced up at the clock, “6:53. They should be here any moment now…” He decides to take his mind off of this as he sits on the couch and opens up the group chat with him, Mark, Youngjae, and Jackson, who is the newest addition since Mark just had to let him join.  As soon as he opens up the chat, the door opens up and Jaebum allows Nayeon and Yugyeom to walk in.

Jinyoung quickly stands up and clears his throat. Trying to hide the nervousness in his voice he greets them with a sincere tone, “H-Hello! I am so glad you made it.” He bows deeply.

Yugyeom responds in a chipper tone, “Ah Jinyoung! It’s so good to see you again!” he smiles brightly.

Nayeon on the other hand stood there for a moment with a slightly gaping expression. She quickly turns to shoot Jaebum a “Are you kidding me?” type of look. Jaebum just smirks at her and gestures for her to respond back to Jinyoung.

She rolls her eyes at her cousin and gives Jinyoung a fake smile, “Ah yes. It’s…. pleasant to see you too. “

Jinyoung can detect the coldness in her voice, but he tries not to let that phase him.  

Jaebum walks over to Jinyoung and gives him a sweet peck on the lips, “Sorry we’re a bit late. You know how work is these days. Anyways, how about we go sit at the table because I’m sure dinner will be out any moment.”

All of them make their way to the dining table. As they all get settled in their seats, Nayeon makes a comment, “Jaebum never mentioned that you would be joining us for dinner, Jinyoung. In fact, he hasn’t mentioned you all week at work. So y’know, I thought things between you-“

Jinyoung quickly cuts in, “Oh I’m sure he just forgot since he is busy trying to become the next CEO. I’d imagine that bears a lot of weight on one’s mind.” He gives Nayeon a challenging look trying to prove he won’t let her phase him.

Nayeon gives Jinyoung a piecing gaze that she was clearly dismayed by his response.

The tension in the room is clearly prevalent as Jaebum and Yugyeom exchange worried glances. Jaebum speaks up, “Actually things between Jinyoung and I are great…better than that.” He proceeds to interlocks his hands with Jinyoung.

Nayeon raises her eyebrow as curiosity peaks as she notices Jaebum begin smiling. Jinyoung glances over at Jaebum trying praying that Jaebum doesn’t reveal the pregnancy to Nayeon, “No no. Don’t say anything to her! I don’t want her to be the first one to find out!” he mentally tries to send a message to Jaebum.

Luck was on his side when the chef came out with their meals. Jaebum lets go of Jinyoung’s hand and Jinyoung lets out a sigh of relief.

During dinner, things were rather awkward. It was just mainly Jaebum trying to make friendly conversation with everyone. There were times where Yugyeom would make small talk with Jinyoung. Jinyoung appreciated the effort from Yugyeom. He still does not understand how Yugyeom and Nayeon work as a couple since Yugyeom seems like the total opposite.

Jinyoung eavesdropped on the conversation Nayeon and Jaebum was having.

“You know I was talking to my parents on how surprised I was about how long your relationship has lasted so far.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter