Chapter 19

I'll Give Into You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's ya girl. I'm back~

A few weeks pass by as Jaebum was currently dealing with running the company as the “new” CEO of Im Cooperation’s and of course he was on a frantic search for an engagement ring for Jinyoung.

A week prior, his parents informed him that they will be hosting a large banquet in honor of officially introducing him as the new CEO. To make matters even more pressing they invited the press so they can document it to all of Korea. Jaebum realized in that moment that is where he is going to publically announce Jinyoung's pregnancy. 

Jaebum was still on the search to find the perfect engagement ring for Jinyoung. He even had to convince Jinyoung’s close friends, Mark and Youngjae, to tag along with him so they could help out in some way and provide support.

When he first approached them it was rather awkward since they never officially met, but he knew they meant a lot to Jinyoung so he needed their help. Of course, they were hesitant because they know of Jaebum’s demeanor but soon gave in as the saw the look on his face knowing this would mean everything to him.

“Jaebum are you sure that is perfect ring for Jinyoung? I mean I think any ring you get him he would love.” Mark simply states as he stands next the man who is supposedly taking over the company as he keeps inspecting the ring.

Mark has grown accustomed on talking with Jaebum casually while Youngjae on the other hand still calls him “Mr. Im” even after Jaebum reassured him it’s fine he just says his actual name.

Jaebum sighs as he determined the ring is not good enough, “I just want to find the perfect ring for him. Something that he will cherish forever.”

Mark shakes his head and sighs softly, “Then why don’t you just take that one then?”

“No. Jinyoung deserves something grand.”

“How about this one!” Youngjae’s voices booms from the other side of the shop catching the attention of Jaebum and Mark.

They walk over to the ring display Youngjae is pointing at.

“Whoa dude. That’s really…extravagant” Mark can only state out once his eyes land on the ring.

Jaebum stares at the beautiful ring in awe. “Youngjae you’re a genius.”

Youngjae beams, “Ah thank Mr. Im!”

Mark stares down at the price. His eyes almost pop out as he reads it, but he knows this is probably nothing for Jaebum to pay. When he looks back to question him he realizes Jaebum is already talking to the sales person about the ring.

Mark can’t help, but to smile fondly at Jaebum as he can see the spark in his eyes as he talks about Jinyoung and how he’s going to propose to him. He silently tells himself, “It is almost worth it telling Jinyoung about the change of plans for today…”

Earlier this morning

Jinyoung again forced Mark to come over to the apartment so he could accompany him on joining him at his doctor’s appointment. Today was the big day that he and Jaebum will find out the gender of the baby. All week him and Jaebum have been talking about it nonstop.

At this point, Jinyoung’s belly was already swollen as their little bundle of joy was growing inside of him. At first Jinyoung felt awkward and slightly upset that his body is rapidly changing, but he told himself it is all a part of the process. Now he has come to terms with it, but the thought of eventually revealing the news to the entirety of the country still plagues him.

Just as Mark arrived to the apartment he gets an “emergency text” from Jaebum saying he think he found the perfect jewelry store and he needed him and Youngjae to meet him there asap. Of course Mark began to panic because he already promised Jinyoung he would again accompany him to his doctor’s appointment. Mark rapidly texted Jaebum back.

”I thought you had a meeting to attend to all this morning so that’s why we agreed on no ring hunting today.”

“Well the meeting was pushed back to after lunch so why not go now?”

“Ok but did you forget that your lover is finding out the gender of the baby today?”

“Yes I know. Jinyoung insisted that he go alone so I wouldn’t have miss work since it’s hectic”

Mark lets out a frustrated sigh, “Jinyoung of course you would get cold feet about going alone”, he mumbles underneath his breath. Mark remains sitting in his car for a few more moments on coming to a decision

“Fine.”

He just hopes Jinyoung would understand his “excuse”.

Flashback end

Luckily Jinyoung was not too upset at Mark. After Mark talked some sense into him, he seemed rather calm. Mark was snapped away from his thoughts by Jaebum grabbing him by the shoulders and excitedly shaking him, “I found the perfect ring! I swear it’s going to look even more beautiful on his finger.”

Mark laughs as he gently prys of the hands on his shoulders, “Great. So, now when do you plan on proposing to him?”

“Hopefully at the banquet tomorrow night.”

Jinyoung returns back to the apartment with an envelope in his hand. Inside the envelope contained the information on what the gender of the baby is. He places it on the coffee table as he quickly grabs a cup of water and a snack.

When he turns he just stares at the envelope. “Ohh should I wait for him?” he says out loud as he rubs his pregnant belly pondering his choices. He picks it up off the table and his fingers prod at the edge. “I mean I guess it wouldn’t hurt to look. Still, maybe Jaebum wants to find out together.”

He eventually decides on to wait for Jaebum to come home so they both can rejoice in the news together. He reluctantly sets the envelope back on the glass coffee table. He reaches over to grab his snack when his hand accidently bumps into the glass of water and causes it to spill over.

Jinyoung quickly panics as the water seeps everywhere, “Oh no!” he stands up. He quickly notices the envelope got partly damped. Jinyoung panics as he takes it off the table and holds it in his hands. “Oh no! What if it damaged the paper? What if we don’t know the gender?”

In the urge of the moment, Jinyoung opens up the envelope and checks. He pulls out the paper revealing the gender. He panics even more when the paper is soaked. He inspects it trying to read the obscured ink.

His eyes grow wide when he sees in bright bold lettering that’s barely legible.  A smile appears on his face as Jinyoung places his hand over his mouth in shock as he reads the paper over and over revealing the gender of the baby.

In that moment Jinyoung decides he wants to tell Jaebum tomorrow at the banquet. “He’s going to be so happy…”

Jinyoung steps out from the bedroom with a slight blush on his face as he shyly asks Jaebum, “How do I look?”

Jaebum looks up from the book he was reading and smiles tenderly, “Babe, you look great.”

“A-Are sure this shirt doesn’t make my stomach too noticeable? I mean I’m nervous…”

Jaebum closes his book and sets it aside as he gets up and walks over to his worrying lover. He places a hand over Jinyoung’s pregnant belly, “Jinyoungie, no matter what there is no way on hiding that you are indeed pregnant. Don’t be too shy about it ok? Just think of it as today we can finally tell everyone that you are carrying our child.”

Jinyoung nods his head, “O-Ok.”

Jaebum places a kiss on Jinyoung’s forehead, “Just stay by my side for the entire night. I promise I will make sure you are comfortable.”

Jinyoung looks up at Jaebum and smiles lovingly at him, “Thank you.”

“Of course. Now go finish getting ready. Do you need any help with anything?”

“Ah no. I’m good.”

And with that Jinyoung retreats back to the bedroom to finish. Not only he was nervous about the banquet and revealing his pregnancy to basically all of South Korea, but tonight was the night he was going to reveal the gender of the baby to Jaebum.

Yesterday when Jaebum came home, he told him that he accidently spilt water on the paper so it made the results unreadable. Jaebum told him not to worry about it and they could have it as a surprise. Jinyoung knew he probably should have told Jaebum, but he wanted to make this night even more special for him. He was a mix of both nervousness and excitement.

After they were both set and ready to go, they rode the venue in a limo which Jinyoung fully enjoyed as he never rode in one before. Again, Jaebum found it cute when Jinyoung was in complete awe the entire time as his eyes sparkled in wonder.

When they arrived, many butlers and ushers greeted them and immediately took them to their designated seats which were with Jaebum’s parents at this grand table.

Jinyoung quickly took notice of all of the people that already arrived. He also took notice of the news and journalists the moment they drove up as they began to bombard them with questions and the flashes of cameras going off in every direction. Of course, Jaebum quelled them when he sternly stated out, “On regards to your questions, I will address them later during the speech. For now, please give us some space.”

Now they comfortably seated at their table with Jaebum’s parents excitedly chatting away with the both of them.

“Oh Jinyoung you look so precious with your pregnant belly!” Jaebum’s mot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter