Chapter 16

I'll Give Into You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yes mom I will be arriving shortly to the house. Huh? No, I told you it’s a surprise. Ok…Ok love you too. Bye.” Jinyoung gets off the phone with his mother and turns to Jaebum with a nervous smile.

They were currently on their way to Jinyoung’s childhood home where they would be staying the weekend. They flew to Jinhae in the Im Company’s private jet, then when they landed one of the porters delivered Jaebum the rental car which was of course a luxury vehicle.

Jaebum smiles back at Jinyoung with excitement. He on the other hand was feeling rather eager about meeting Jinyoung’s mother. From what Jinyoung told him about her on the plane, she seems like a very kind and caring person. He hoped that she would approve of him.

“Jinyoung, I don’t understand why you are so nervous. It’s your mother. Shouldn’t you be glad to see her?”

Jinyoung leans his head on the window and lets out a breath that causes a spot to fog up for a brief moment, “I am happy that I’m finally seeing her again…”

This statement catches Jaebum’s attention. At a red light he turns to Jinyoung with his head slightly tilted, “What do you mean by finally? How long has it been exactly?”

Jinyoung ignores Jaebum’s gaze by looking out of the window. He’s not going to lie; he feels ashamed on how long it’s been since he last saw his mother. He mumbles out his answers to Jaebum, “About 5 years…”

Jaebum stares at him for a moment before turning his attention back to the road when he realizes the light turned green. “Hmm I see. Well, she is in for a big surprise today then.” He says in a lighthearted tone.

For the rest of the duration of the ride they both stay silent and put the radio on listening music. To take his mind off of everything, Jinyoung allowed himself to drift off to sleep as he still rested his head against the window. The nap felt like it was only a few seconds though when he was abruptly woken by Jaebum poking him on the cheek and exclaiming, “Babe wakeup. We’re here!”

Jinyoung rubs his eyes and blinks a few times to take in the sight around him. It was all too familiar, but at the same time it felt like it was foreign due to how long it’s been since he last saw his home.

“Hey look, there is your mom waiting at the front door.” Jaebum tells Jinyoung.

Jinyoung quickly gets out from the car and rushes over to her, “Hey mom!”

Jinyoung’s mom, Hyemi, excitedly opens her arms to embrace Jinyoung tightly. “Oh my baby boy! I am so glad to see you again!” she places a large kiss on Jinyoung’s cheek. They both pull away from the embrace.

She smiles, which reveals her eye whiskers, and her eyes turn into happy crescents. “Ah look at you! You’ve gotten so handsome dear.” She tells Jinyoung in an adoring tone.

Jinyoung smile softly, “T-Thanks mom.”

His mother turns her attention to Jaebum, who is currently carrying his and Jinyoung’s luggage up the porch stairs, “Ohh? Who is this handsome young man?” she raises her eyebrows and turns to Jinyoung with a look for a brief moment.

Jaebum sets the luggage down next to him and bows deeply, “Hello Mrs. Park. I am Im Jaebum, the CEO’s son of Im Corporations. It is a pleasure to meet you.”

Hyemi gaps when she hears this, “Wait, you’re Jaesun’s and Sangmi’s son?!” she quickly turns to Jinyoung with a perplexed expression, “Jinyoung dear, how do you know him? How did you meet?”

Jinyoung suddenly becomes timid in front of his mother, “Um, it’s a long story.”

Jaebum takes this opportunity to move next to Jinyoung and wrap an arm around his waist and pulls him closer. Jaebum gives Hyemi a beaming smile, “We’re actually together. Your son here captured my heart the moment we met.”

Jinyoung begins to blush. He feels like a teenager all of over again, but this time he actually has a boyfriend to introduce his mother to. He feels the butterflies flutter inside of him.

Hyemi gasps again as she hears this, “Ah my son found himself someone! Oh Jinyoung why didn’t you tell me this! Also is the boy you were telling me you had a huge crush on?”

Jinyoung perks up at this. He laughs nervously, “U-Um yeah this is him.”

Jaebum stands there proudly as Hyemi begins to fond over the two lovers.

“Well Jaebum I am glad to meet you too. And I’m glad my son here is making you happy.” She then ushers them to come inside, “Please come in!”

Jinyoung shuffles on inside while Jaebum brings in the luggage.

As they enter both Jaebum and Jinyoung take in the sight of the house. Jaebum looks around with awe as he sees the house Jinyoung spent his childhood and youth in. He automatically gets a cozy feel to it. It all seems very relaxing and he feel like he can breathe here due to always being in the city and the rushed life there. Here time seems to flow differently and he doesn’t feel so on edge.

Jinyoung on the other hand takes in everything. He remembers everything that went on in this house. All of the good and bad. He remembers when he was a teenager, after his father passed away, that he wanted to get his mother out of this house and move her into a bigger home. He wanted to go to college and get a good job so he could do that. But now he works at a café and barely makes it by. To be put short, being back in this house is stirring up raw emotions.

All of them chat for a bit. Jaebum and Hyemi talk the most as they both try to get to know each other. Hyemi quickly takes a liking to Jaebum. Then again Jaebum was a very charming person, so he tended to get people to favor him quickly.

Jaebum tells the story of how and he and Jinyoung bumped into each other and ever since then Jaebum heart was taken by the boy who works at the café inside of the building. Of course Jinyoung chuckles when he sees his mother’s eyes beam as Jaebum finishes telling the story.

After Hyemi takes a sip of her tea she proceeds to ask, “So, do you two live together yet? Any plans for the future?”

Jaebum and Jinyoung both look at each other. Jinyoung’s gives a weak smile as a flash of anxiousness appear in his eyes. Jaebum pl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter