Chapter 13: Calm after the Storm (See the Light)

I'll Give Into You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jinyoung! Jinyoung!” Jaebum hysterically cries out his boyfriend’s name as he holds him protectively in his arms. Jaebum could feel himself on the verge of a breakdown, but he knew he had to stay in a strong state of mind if he wanted to get aid for Jinyoung.

“This is all my fault. Damn it! Why do I always up?” he yells out due to frustration. He sighs and looks down at Jinyoung. “Thank goodness he isn’t bleeding, but I need to get him to the hospital asap.”

Jaebum first decides to take Jinyoung inside into the lobby so he can make sure he is out of the pouring rain and get him to safety. When he enters the lobby he tells the receptionist to call the ambulance and grab some towels which she does so promptly.

When the receptionist returns with an armful of towels, she informs Jaebum, “The ambulance will be here shortly Mr. Im”

Jaebum nods and thanks her as he begins to carefully dry Jinyoung. He makes sure he doesn’t move him, because Jaebum figured he might have a concussion.

Jaebum again sighs and begins to pace back and forth, “This is all my fault. God, what if Jinyoung hates me? I can’t bear to lose him.” He runs his hands through his hair as his worries begin to build up.

Suddenly Jaebum hears the siren of the ambulance pull up and before he knows it, paramedics enter in with a stretcher.

Jaebum promptly begins to explain Jinyoung slipped and fell off the last few steps and urges for himself to accompany Jinyoung in the ambulance ride. The paramedics agree to let him. At this point Jaebum only prays it is nothing serious.

Jinyoung wakes up only to notice that he is not in Jaebum’s apartment nor in his own. Instead, he is met with everything in white. He silently tells himself, “A-Am I in the hospital?” He glances over when he hears someone next to him breath softly.

He sees Jaebum sleeping next to him in a chair. And he notices that Jaebum his holding his hand. Jinyoung studies Jaebum’s sleeping face. His immediate thought was he could tell Jaebum has been crying due to his eyes being a bit swollen and his nose slightly red.

Jinyoung could feel his heart ache when everything comes rushing back to him. Jaebum doubting him, the fight, then him falling. He feels a twinge of guilt knowing Jaebum was probably beating himself up over the fight and probably felt that it was his fault that Jinyoung was in the hospital.  Oh how badly, Jinyoung wanted to reach out and caress Jaebum’s face and tell him he forgives him. He realizes now he over reacted, but he was just caught off guard by everything.

Jinyoung begins to reach out to try to touch Jaebum, but quickly retracts when he sees Jaebum stir and then open his eyes slowly.

Jaebum opens his eyes and looks over when he feels someone staring at him. He sees Jinyoung smiling softly at him, but his eyes are no longer laced with hurt. They are filled with sorrow.

Jaebum quickly gets up from his chair and sits on the bed next to Jinyoung. “Are you ok? How are you feeling?” Jaebum immediately asks with worry prevalent in his voice.

Jinyoung gives Jaebum one of his smiles that makes his eye whiskers appear and tells him in a soft voice, “I feel fine. Just my head hurts a bit.”

Jaebum sighs and looks away, “I-I’m sorry Jinyoung. All of this was my fault.  God, I was so afraid that you would hate me or-“ but he doesn’t finish his sentence as the tears begin to stream down his face again.

Jinyoung grabs onto Jaebum’s hand and gives it a tight squeeze as he tries to comfort him, “Hey, hey. I’m not mad anymore. I may still be a tad bit hurt, but it'll pass in no time. And I could never hate you. None of this is your fault. If any, it’s mine for being such a drama queen.” He ends with a light chuckle in hopes to lighten up the mood.

Jaebum turns back around stares at Jinyoung.

Jinyoung gestures Jaebum to lean in a bit which he does. He goes on to wipe away the tears and whispers a soft, “I love you.”

Jaebum nods a bit and reaffi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter