Meeting Taehyung and The Small House Date

Don't You Dare Jungkook

   "So...um...where are we headed?" Yoongi asks looking up slightly at Jungkook as they walk side-by-side down the sidewalk.

    "Well, where would you like to go Hyung?" Jungkook looks back at Yoongi.

    Yoongi immediately looks down and feels his cheeks heat up a bit. "I don't know. I was only expecting to work today...so I'm not sure where I would like to go."

    "Hmm..." Jungkook pauses his words and thinks. "Hyung, do you like amusement parks?"

    "Um...yeah. I guess."

    "Then let's go to one!"

    "But..." Yoongi starts.

    "But...?"

    "I was planning on going tomorrow because tomorrow's Sunday and we're not open on those days so I was planning to go then." Yoongi tries to explain.

    "You can always go again right?" Jungkook suggests.

    "Yeah, but, it...it won't be as fun since I already went today."

    "Why are you so urged to go tomorrow instead of today?" Jungkook was really confused to why Yoongi didn't want to go today but tomorrow, considering that they were also closed today.

    "You'll probably laugh if I tell you..."

    "I won't laugh Hyung! What is it?"

    "Um...you probably don't know who Kumamon is, do you?"

    "That one bear mascot from Japan? Yeah. I've heard of him."

    Yoongi's cheeks puff out. "He's not just 'that one bear mascot,' he's Kumamon!"

    Jungkook then realized. Oh, so you're a fan? I'll have to remember that.

    "Okay Hyung, but what's he gotta do with the amusement park tomorrow?"

    "He's only coming to Korea for one day tomorrow and I wanted to go then to see him and after that have fun for the rest of the day."

    "Oh really? Okay, I get that part, but I don't get why you don't want to go both days."

    "Because! Namjoon and the rest are free tomorrow! I can go with them! I want to go them!"

    Jungkook then feels jealous once again, so he decided to tease to make that feeling go away. "Oh, so I'm not good for you then?"

    "Huh?"

    "You'd rather go with them? Then your own loyal employee?" Jungkook adds on sarcastically.

    "N-no! That's not it. I was going to invite you too...you know..." Yoongi avoids eye contact as they continue to walk since he really was going to invite him. It wasn't just Jungkook who wanted to know the other better.

    "Fine, then we'll go there tomorrow, but where do you want to go, that we can go today?"

    "Um..." Yoongi thinks. "How about a movie?"

    "How will we get to know each other with a movie? We're just going to be sitting there." Jungkook asks.

    "We can watch a movie at your house then, we're allowed to talk there. I don't have any movies at home." Yoongi says.

    "Then, I guess we'll head over to my place."

    "You're parents though. Won't they mind?" Yoongi just remembers that Jungkook doesn't live alone.

    "No. They won't mind. My dad's on a business trip while my mom is working away from home. I've got the house to myself for the next month."

    "Oh. Okay then."

    The two then walk silently and awkwardly all the way to Jungkook's house. Yoongi on the way wonders if Jungkook ever felt neglected by his parents in any way, since they're away so much, he also wondered why Jungkook decided to work at his flower shop.

    Jungkook reminds me of a boy I used to know when I was younger. His parents were rarely home and we would just talk. Then, he one day moved. Now that I think about it, I haven't seen that boy in so long, I don't really remember what he looks like. I wonder how he's doing...

    While Yoongi was thinking his thoughts, Jungkook wasn't thinking any differently. Besides the fact that he actually remembered that he knew Yoongi before he even started working.

    I remember when we were younger, Yoongi-hyung would always talk to me when I felt down. His smile is still the same as ever.

    During the time the two were enveloped in their thoughts, they reached Jungkook's house.

    "We're here Hyung!" Jungkook announces.

    Yoongi is back in reality and he looks up at Jungkook and then the house. When he does, he is in awe at how big Jungkook's house is.

    "You live here?"

    "Well, yeah. It's all mine for the next month." Jungkook smiles in reply to Yoongi's question.

    "If you're living in such luxury, why are you working at my shop?" Yoongi asks since, if he was Jungkook and living in such a house and living such a life, he wouldn't be working at such a small flower shop, owned by such a grumpy person.

    "I have my reasons Hyung. I don't think I'm ready to tell you just yet."

    Yoongi was tempted to ask but he knows it's not right to be nosy, so he let it slide. For now.

    The two walk inside and Jungkook leads Yoongi to a room.

    "Hyung, welcome to the theater!"

    Yoongi looks inside the doors of the room and is shocked by how big the room is. The room had a huge TV and really comfy couches and chairs aligning with the comfy decor of the room. To Yoongi, he could probably live and die there.

    Jungkook notices Yoongi's shock and decides to say something before it got too awkward.

    "Make yourself at home. This is where we'll be watching the movie, and because I am such a nice dongsaeng, I'll let you choose the movie."

    Yoongi rolls his eyes at the last part of the comment but does as Jungkook says and makes himself very comfortable. Yoongi sits down on one of the chairs and immediately rolls himself up and smiles. Jungkook watches all of this and he has to really fight the urge to not go over to Yoongi and turn him into a panting hot mess right then and there.

    "Hyung, I'll be back, I'm gonna go get something for us to eat, until then, you can look inside the shelves for movies." Jungkook says and heads to the kitchen.

    Yoongi didn't want to get out of his position, but he did want to see what movies Prince Jungkook had so, he slowly, achingly slowly, got out of his very snug pose and goes over to the many shelves that were in the room and walks around. As Yoongi walks around, he notices the shelves were marked. One would say, 'informational', another would say, 'for kids', whilst another would say, 'self-produced'. Yoongi chuckles to himself at how cute the labels were. Some sounded very professional like, 'Informational', but others would sound like a middle schooler trying to name their essay, like, 'for kids'. Yoongi continued to walk around until he reached a shelf marked, 'Jungkook's Childhood'. This, of course, caught his attention. He looks up and down the shelf until he saw that at the very bottom, there weren't videos or discs, there were books, they looked like diaries and photo albums. He kneels down and takes out a photo album. Yoongi's curiosity was getting worse and worse, but he knows he shouldn't touch or look at anything personal.

    He said to look around. A part of Yoongi said.

    At movies! Not personal stuff! These are his personal things! Another part of Yoongi said.

    I won't look long. The first part of Yoongi said.

    You wouldn't like it if someone walked into your room and touched your equipment would you?

    No, but I'm only going to flip through some pages.

    Yeah. And? What if you came home and saw Hoseok touching your equipment?

    I'd be furious.

    Exactly.

    But, it's my equipment! Hoseok knows he's not allowed to touch it.

    And it's Jungkook's personal books, this whole shelf looks even more private and personal. You know you're not supposed to even be holding that photo album.

    Fine. You're right.

    Good.

    After a little conversation with himself, Yoongi puts away the album, gets up and walks to the shelf labeled, 'comedy.' Then, after looking through some of the movies, he decided he wanted to watch the movie, "My Wife is a Gangster." He had heard from Namjoon and Seokjin that it was really good and funny. Yoongi takes a hold of the DVD and goes back to the chair he was previously in and goes back to his earlier position.

    "What's taking Jungkook so long?"

Meanwhile, in the Kitchen.

    "Uh oh," Jungkook says as he looks at the flaming pancakes on the stove.

    He had wanted to make something for Yoongi to eat since from the previous night, he found out that Yoongi doesn't eat much and if that's the case, he probably didn't eat breakfast. Jungkook didn't eat either because he didn't feel hungry, but he wanted to make something that Yoongi and him can enjoy together.

    I'll just call Tae. He can go pick up something and can bring it over. Jungkook thinks. I'm such a genius.

    Jungkook goes to the phone and calls his best friend.

    "Beep beep Kookie! What's up?" The voice from the other end says.

    "You're watching an alien movie aren't you?"

    "Yup!" Taehyung cheerfully replies.

    "Hmm. How's it feel to watch yourself on the big screen?"

    "What?"

    "Nevermind. Do me favor would ya?" Jungkook asks.

    "I've done you plenty of favors before. It's about time I get my pay Jungkook." Taehyung says in a forced serious tone.

    "Fine, I'll treat you next week for dinner."

    "Deal." Taehyung says, and Jungkook hears him snap his figures. "So, what's the favor?"

    "Can you pick up some fried chicken and some jjajangmyeon?"

    "Why? Can't you go yourself?" Taehyung asks.

    "Yoongi-hyung is staying with me for the next few days, and I want him to eat. We're going to be watching a movie and I can't leave him here alone."

    "Ooohhh~ Jungkookie monster be luring his princess into a trap!"

    "Don't make this weird! Hyung's only staying over because of his situation, and just get me the darn chicken and noodles!" Jungkook says before hanging up.

Thirty minutes later...

    "Your food savior has arrived!" Taehyung says. "Where's your boyfriend? I wanna meet him."

    "Took you long enough, Hyung's in the theater room, and he is not my boyfriend. Not yet anyway."

    Taehyung smiles that box smile of his and dashes to the theater room.

    "Tae, wait! Hold on! Kim Taehyung! I said wait!" Jungkook tries to stop him but was too late. Taehyung had already turned the corner.

In the Theater Room....

    At this time, Yoongi was starting to get very nervous because Jungkook wasn't coming back. Yoongi also had an urge to write, so he gets up and walks to the door to find Jungkook, but before he opened the door, the door opened for him and popped in a slightly taller, tan male.

    "Hi there! You must be Yoongi! I'm Kim Taehyung, Jungkook's best friend, how're you today?"

    Yoongi was so surprised he fell backwards. He started to panic because he doesn't know what to do in such a situation.

    Then, both males heard footsteps down the hall, they weren't walking footsteps, it sounded like a stampede of wild horses. As the footsteps get closer to the room, a voice is yelling all the way.

    "KIM TAEHYUNG!"

    "Oh look, Jungkook's finally here," Taehyung says and poor Yoongi is just downright confused.

    Jungkook reaches the door of the theater and smacks Taehyung at the back of the head.

    "Ow! You little punk! I might be your best friend but I'm still older!" Taehyung cries in pain.

    "Who said you can run off like that?!" Jungkook scolds and when he sees Yoongi on the floor with a very surprised expression, he looks straight at Taehyung. "Look what you did! You scared Yoongi-hyung!"

    "I scared him? Oh, I'm sorry, but I wasn't the one who sounded like an angry buffalo herd stampeding through my own home!"

    "Tae, you are lucky you are who you are or I would kick you right now." Jungkook provokes.

    "You wouldn't dare! I might not be able to beat you in a fight, but I sure can beat you in arguments!"

    As the two have their little feud, Yoongi was still confused but he didn't like all the noise, so he stepped in.

    "Um. Sorry to interrupt, but there is another human here. If you guys are going to fight, then can you go somewhere else? You're really loud."

    Jungkook immediately stops and apologizes. "I'm sorry Hyung. I didn't mean for it to get this loud. This is my best friend, Kim Taehyung. I called him over because he had food, and I have nothing much in my fridge, so that's why he's here. I guess it got out of hand because I told him you were in this room."

    "Okay, that explains something." Yoongi says.

    Jungkook then glares at Taehyung and the said male notices.

    "Oh, I'm sorry for making such a bad first impression. You're Yoongi right?" Taehyung asks.

    Yoongi's eyes widen, and Jungkook facepalms.

    "By the looks of you Taehyung, you're younger than me. I would appreciate it if you talked with some formality." Yoongi gladly points out.

    It's Taehyung's turn for his eyes to widen, "How old are you?"

    "I'm 24."

    "Really!? I was sure you were the same age as I am! You look so young! I'm 21. I guess that makes you hyung then. I'm sorry."

    Jungkook rolls his eyes.

    "Right...It's nice to meet you too Taehyung." Yoongi says and slowly, his gummy smile is spread across his face.

    Jungkook isn't happy with Yoongi smiling like that with his best friend and leaving him out.

    "Hyung, why were you on the floor?" Jungkook asks looking at Yoongi.

    "I was going to go find you to ask for some paper and pencil, but Taehyung startled me." Yoongi replies.

    "Oh, yeah, wait a few minutes, I'll go get you some." Jungkook tells Yoongi and then turns to Taehyung. "You, Tae, will not do anything reckless."

    Taehyung shrugs. "So, Yoongi-hyung. Why're you here at Kookie's"

    "Kookie?" Yoongi was being puzzled too much today.

    "Oh, that's his friends' nickname for him. I call him that the most, though."

    "Is that so...well...I'm here because of a certain situation and I'll be staying here until my friends 'figure something out.' So they tell me."

    "What type of situation?" Taehyung, of course, meant no harm by the question and Yoongi knows it, but he couldn't help but feel the anxiety fill him again.

    "Well...it's a long story really..." Yoongi laughs awkwardly.

    "If  you don't wanna talk about it, I won't force you Hyung." Taehyung smiles.

    Yoongi smiles. He's fun to be around.

    After a few minutes of conversing, in which Taehyung did most of the talking, Yoongi thought that Taehyung might be the most open person in the universe.

    And I thought only Hoseok and Jimin can be this bright. Yoongi smiles to himself.

    "Well, I would love to stick around and watch a movie with the two of you but...I..." Taehyung trails off.

    He knows, of course, the Jungkook likes Yoongi, really likes him, and he had no reason not to be there, but, he needed to think of a really good excuse to get them alone.

    "I...I gotta go babysit." Taehyung lies.

    "You babysit?" Yoongi asks.

    "I gotta go watch some dogs at a friend's house."

    Yoongi giggles. "Don't you mean 'dog-sit' then?"

    "Yeah! That. That's right. Well, I gotta go. See you around Hyung! It was nice meeting you! I'll drop by the shop sometime!" Taehyung says as he waves to Yoongi and he exits the room.

    Yoongi sighs. That's the first time I've ever felt been so comfortable around a stranger. Yoongi then pauses. But I felt comfortable the first time I met Jungkook too. This isn't the same feeling that I felt when I met Jungkook.

Down in the living room

    "Kookie~."

    "What?" Jungkook says as he, for the past ten minutes, tries to find a way to bring the paper and pencil up to Yoongi along with the food.

    "I'm going to leave you two alone, so, before your hormones take control of you, try to take it slow."

    "Just shut up."

    "By the way, I can see why you like him so much."

    Jungkook looks up.

    "He's so cute when he smiles! It's even cuter when he laughs. You hit the jackpot with Yoongi-hyung."

    Jungkook glares at Taehyung. He didn't like anyone, not even his best friend, to speak like that about Yoongi.

    "Okay, yeah whatever."

    "You know you can put the paper and pencil on a tray while the food is next to it right?" Taehyung suggests.

    Jungkook looks at the food and then the paper, and he just felt really stupid.

    "What's gotten into you lately Tae?"

    "What do you mean?"

    "You've gotten more....average." Jungkook says.

    Taehyung then gasps dramatically. "No! That cannot happen to me! I will not submit my mind to such foolish humans!"

    Nope. Nevermind. He's still Tae. "Okay, Tae. You don't have to surrender. You can go now."

    "Okay then! See you Kook's!" Taehyung says like the dramatic act never happened and goes on out the door.

    "How did I become friends with him?" Jungkook sighs.

Back in the Theater Room

    Yoongi was now getting bored. He wanted to watch the movie. In the time that Jungkook and Taehyung were absent, he had read the movie summary at the back of the DVD and he really wanted to watch it since it seemed really interesting. Not to mention that his hands were itching to write.

    "Sorry, that took so long Hyung." Jungkook walks through the door with a tray in hand.

    "Did you get the paper?" Yoongi asks.

    "Yup. Here ya go." Jungkook says and hands Yoongi a pack of paper and a pencil box with anything he could possibly need.

    Yoongi smiles as he holds the paper and pencil.

    "You don't mind if I write while we watch the movie do you?" Yoongi looks at Jungkook.

    "Nope. You do what you need to Hyung." Jungkook smiles in reply. He swears that this is the most he's smiled in his twenty-year life span.

    The movie starts playing and Yoongi is quietly writing while Jungkook has his eyes on Yoongi. The poor movie didn't get any attention. Every time Yoongi would look up to see what's going on in the movie, Jungkook darts his eyes back onto the screen. No one wants to get caught staring.

    "Hey, Jungkook," Yoongi says suddenly and the younger one flinches.

    "Yes?"

    "You're twenty right? In Korean age?"

    "Yup."

    "Shouldn't you be in college?"

    Jungkook laughs. "I am Hyung. It's summer break. I have all summer, but school's starting again next month."

    "Oh really? I don't have any friends that are in school anymore so I wouldn't know when break is, and I guess that explains Taehyung huh?"

    Jungkook once again smiles. Darn it. My mouth muscles hurt.

    The movie continues on and by the time it gets to the scene where the main protagonist, Eunjin, is having the final battle fight scene with her enemies, Yoongi stopped writing and is watching the movie while Jungkook still has his attention on Yoongi. The movie finishes and the two boys also enjoyed their chicken and noodles along with the movie.

    "Jungkook, can we watch the second movie to this tomorrow?" Yoongi asks.

    "We're going to see Kumamon tomorrow though."

    "I mean tomorrow night!" Yoongi says.

    "Oh, sorry. Sure Hyung."

    Yoongi gives a small smile.

    After that, Jungkook went to set up Yoongi's room. Yoongi continues his writing project.

    "Hyung."

    "Huh?" Yoongi didn't realize Jungkook had returned.

    "Your room is ready."

    Yoongi nods in reply. "I'll go there when I finish this section."

    "If you don't mind me asking, what're you working on Hyung?" Jungkook asks.

    "I'm writing a song."

    "Really? That's so cool! Do you like to produce music?"

    Yoongi nods slightly.

    "That's so cool. I wish I could do something like that."

    "Well...anyone can. If they try."

    "Well, you make it look easy by the way you're just writing." Jungkook jokes.

    Yoongi shrugs.

    "Anyways Hyung, I'm gonna go shower. Once I'm finished, you can and then we'll call it a day." Jungkook concludes.

    "But Hoseok and Seokjin-hyung were supposed to be coming over. Plus, it's only 8:30. We have time. We're closed tomorrow so we can stay up late." Yoongi says.

    Jungkook couldn't believe how much time had passed.

    "Well, then, we'll shower, hang out, wait for the two to arrive, hang out with them, then we'll call it a day. How 'bout that?" Jungkook proposes.

    "Okay!" Yoongi smiles his gummy smile and Jungkook once again smiles in reply, this time, along with a blush, and heads off to shower.