Jungkook is Okay(??)

Don't You Dare Jungkook

    Yoongi was feeling guilty. He had woken up when he thought he felt something vibrate and sees Jungkook walk into the hallway. Yoongi goes back to sleep when he hears Jungkook apologizes to his mom. Before he knew it, he listened to the conversation between Jungkook and his mother.

    I don’t even wanna eat now...Yoongi pulls out his phone and texts Namjoon.

Sent to: Idiot Nam at 7:30pm

I messed up.

Sent to: Lazy Hyung at 7:31pm

Why Hyung? What happened?

Sent to: Idiot Nam at 7:31pm

I eavesdropped on a conversation.

Sent to: Lazy Hyung at 7:32pm

What conversation?? On purpose or..?

Sent to: Idiot Nam at 7:33pm

It wasn’t on purpose!! I feel guilty.

Sent to: Lazy Hyung at 7:33pm

Hyung. I have no idea how to help if you don’t tell

me the whole story!! And I wanna help.

Sent to: Idiot Nam at 7:33pm

But...I feel guilty if I tell.

Sent to: Lazy Hyung at 7:33pm

Hyung. Listen to me. It’s gonna be alright.

Just tell me what’s wrong.

Sent to: Idiot Nam at 7:34pm

Jungkook seemed like he was having the

worse day in history and I didn’t know why.

So I just let it pass. But then…

Sent to: Lazy Hyung at 7:35pm

But then…?

Sent to: Idiot Nam at 7:35pm

He got a call from his mom and it seems to

have made his day worse. Now I don’t know

what to do.

    After this text, Namjoon takes a while to reply. Yoongi wonders if he did something wrong. Jungkook’s footsteps are then heard and he wants Namjoon to hurry up and reply.

Sent to: Lazy Hyung at 7:44pm

Okay Hyung. Sorry that took a while. Jin fell.

Why don’t you talk to him?

Sent to: Idiot Nam at 7:44pm

He said he’ll talk when he’s ready.

Sent to: Lazy Hyung at 7:44pm

Then we just wait. It’s all gonna be

okay Hyung. Trust me.

Sent to: Idiot Nam at 7:45pm

Okay...I’ll talk to you later. Jungkook’s back with

food. Make sure Jin-hyung isn’t hurt or

I’m suing you.

Sent to: Lazy Hyung at 7:45pm

Roger that Hyung. Have a good dinner

and go to sleep early!

Sent to: Idiot Nam at 7:46pm

Okey dokey. See you tomorrow.

    Jungkook walks back with food and places it on the kitchen table. Then he walks to Yoongi in the living room. Jungkook sees that Yoongi was on his phone and so, he pounces.

    “Hi there Hyung! Whatcha doing?” Jungkook beams as he wraps his arm around Yoongi’s shoulders. He didn’t feel all that well but he didn’t want Yoongi to notice so he decided to smile around Yoongi whenever he can. He wasn’t faking because Jungkook felt true happiness whenever Yoongi was around but it was hard when his parents are involved.

    But it’s okay because Hyung is still here. Jungkook smiles at that thought.

    “I’m texting,” Yoongi replies.

    “Who ya texting? Why do you sound so nervous? Don’t worry. I won’t bite.” Jungkook says.

    “I’m texting Namjoon. Do I sound nervous? Because I don’t feel n-nervous a-at all…” Yoongi stammers. Curse the doodles. I stuttered! Yoongi mentally scolds himself.

    “You sure Hyung? You’re slightly sweating.”

    “I’m fine! Honest! It’s just hot in here. Let’s eat. I’m hungry and tired.” Yoongi says and heads to the kitchen to eat.

    Jungkook was confused and suspicious about how Yoongi was acting but ignored it. Before he went to eat with Yoongi, he went to turn up the air conditioning.

    The two finish up their food and they both showered. In which Jungkook insisted they showered together but Yoongi couldn’t trust Jungkook for what might happen in the shower so they showered separately.

    “Jungkook, I have a question.” Yoongi brings up before they head off to bed (in which Yoongi begs they sleep separately).

    “Sure Hyung, ask away.” Jungkook smiles and faces Yoongi.

    Yoongi pauses for a moment, thinking how he should word his question so he doesn’t bring up any suspicion. “Well,” Yoongi starts. “I was just wondering…”

    Jungkook’s attention goes undisturbed.

    “I get along pretty well with my Mom and Dad and I was going to visit them in a few weeks…”

    “Uh huh, go on.”

    “On the topic of parents, I know your family is a bit...complicated, but I just wanted to know if you got along with your family. Do you?”

    Jungkook at that moment thought of one thing. Hyung must be psychic. “I…”

    Yoongi jumps in. “You, of course, don’t have to tell me anything! It’s your business after all!”

    Jungkook laughs. “It’s okay Hyung. I get along with my parents. It’s just hard to explain.”

    I knew I shouldn’t have asked…”Well, that’s good to know, goodnight!” Yoongi says and rushes to his room, only to be stopped by Jungkook. “Yeah…?” Yoongi turns around slowly.

    “Aren’t you forgetting something?”

    Yoongi pauses. Food, shower, tiredness, goodnight, I got them all. “Nope. I don’t think so.”

    Jungkook leans down. “Where’s my goodnight kiss?”

    Yoongi blushes. How can he be so happy when he’s going through so much? “W-why would you need one of those?”

    “Well, you always gave me one when you were sick, so I don’t see why it’s different now.” Jungkook smirks.

    Yoongi gets a bit irked. “Goodnight Jungkook.” He says and reluctantly (but lowkey is super happy) leans up to give Jungkook a kiss on the cheek.

    “You’re doing it wrong Hyung.”

    “What?”

    “Goodnight kisses are on the lips.” Jungkook smiles with “innocent” eyes. He felt so much better when things are like this.

    “Oh my gosh are you really being picky about kisses?” Yoongi  an eyebrow.

    “Yes. Goodnight kisses are on the lips and good morning kisses are on the forehead, but I doubt you can even reach my forehead.”

    Yoongi grits his teeth. It seems that I don’t have to comfort you right now. “Yeah, okay, bring my height into this. Whatever.” Yoongi slowly leans up and quickly pecks Jungkook on the lips then runs into his room, hurriedly closing the door behind him shouting “goodnight.”

    Jungkook laughs at this. It seems that Yoongi can make Jungkook feel better even in the worse of times. Jungkook heads to his room, but he doesn’t go to sleep. He remembers the Kumamon poster and orders that for the operation, “Make Yoongi Comfy.”

    Jungkook stays up ‘til midnight planning out things just for Yoongi. He felt like the perfect boyfriend and so he smiles to himself happily.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

    It then tolls 2AM and Jungkook gets ready for bed. Only for his phone to vibrate with a call. Jungkook was too tired to talk, but when he sees that the one calling him was Taehyung, he picks up hurriedly with a tint of anxiety. Taehyung is usually asleep and when he calls at two in the morning, something must be wrong. Because Taehyung loves his sleep just as much as the next person so being up at two in the morning when he has Hoseok to flirt with in a few hours seems pretty abnormal.

    “What’s up Tae?”

    “Kookie, I got a call from your dad like five hours ago but I got busy and forgot to call you, is something wrong?”

    “Okay, first off, why are you up at this time?” Jungkook says as he settles himself in bed.

    “I was asleep but needed to drink water so I did that and as I was drinking water, I thought of the phone call and ended up here.”

    “Okay then. Well, nothing’s really wrong-”

    “Kookie. You apologized to me this morning, your dad called me, and now you’re up at this time doing who knows what!” Taehyung knew his best friend well;  Jungkook doesn’t apologize easily like that morning unless it was threatening to their friendship, Jungkook’s dad never calls any of Jungkook’s friends for any reason even if he has their number (though Taehyung was the only friend’s number he has), and Jungkook doesn’t stay up ‘til two for nothing.

    “Well, this morning was just me being stupid. Forget it ever happened, and I’m up because I have things to do for Hyung.” Jungkook was somewhat embarrassed about that morning.

    “Okay, then what about your socially awkward-stone faced dad calling me?”

    “Don’t call my Dad that even if it’s true.”

    “Fine, whatever, but why would he call me?”

    “What’d he say?”

    “He said to ask you if you’re okay and to call him tomorrow morning.”

    Jungkook was frustrated. This was his problem. Just his. Yet his Dad decided to bring in a person he really cared for. This didn’t settle with Jungkook. He hated bringing in people, especially Taehyung, into his problems. They’ll only be burdened in Jungkook’s mind.

    “I’m fine Tae! I really am. Don’t worry.” Jungkook tried to sound carefree.

    “He also said that both he and your mom are sorry. Jungkook, what really is going on? Your parents? Sorry about something that concerns you?” Taehyung was getting extremely worried. “Jungkook, I know that you loathe bringing other people into your problems but what am I sitting around for? I’ve known you since we were kids. We’re best friends for a reason right? I’ll just be more worried if you don’t tell me.”

    Jungkook sighs. “I hate how convincing you are.”

    “That’s why you love me!”

    “I don’t have a choice at this point.”

    Taehyung giggles. “Okay, what’s going on? I know how sensitive you are on the topic of family, but let’s see how bad this problem is for your dad to call me. I’ve known you for almost twenty years and your parents have called me a total of fifteen times.”

    “They’re divorcing.”

    The line goes silent for a moment.

    “Kookie, I’m sorry,” Taehyung says as he bites his lip. “They’re legit ending their marriage?”

    “Yup. And they decided it without me knowing. Which is why I’m pretty pissed. They told me around lunchtime today.”

    “Like, it’s not separation.”

    “Yeah, it’s not like that. This time, I won’t get to see my mom again. She at least visited when they were separated, even if it was like once each year.”

    “I’d give you a hug if I was there.”

    “Thanks...I just don’t know how to deal with it. My dad probably already found another chick to be with and I might have to start-”

    “Jungkook, you’re thinking too much. They’ve only announced it to you right?”

    “Yeah.”

    “It’s gonna be okay. I have a way to solve this.”

    “You do?”

    Jungkook couldn’t see it but he felt Taehyung’s box smile form. “You bet I do. But we’ll have to talk about it tomorrow. Meet me at the cafe at lunch and we’ll discuss it.”

    “Why not now?”

    “Kookie, I’m tired. It’s what, 2:15am? I need sleep. I also need as much time as possible to see Hoseok-hyung tomorrow so you better sleep so we can discuss the plan.”

    Jungkook laughs a bit. “Fine.”

    “You laughed! See, we’re going places.”

    Jungkook smiles. He was eternally grateful for whatever god that brought Taehyung into his life. “Whatever. Goodnight Taetae.”

    “G’night Kookie! Remember, friends by blood,”

    Jungkook smiles even more. “Brothers by heart,”

    “Forever and ever we’ll never part.” The two say in unison.

A/N: I am on a roll with these updates. I am cringy lord heavens. I shouldn't be allowed social media. Hope y'all enjoyed that! I once again thank you all for reading this long fanfic and I love you all for doing so!