Unnerving Texts and Unwanted Gifts

Don't You Dare Jungkook

     Yoongi was behind the countertop as usual. Asleep. He was becoming more sleepy in the daytime lately and his friends have noticed it, and well, of course, Jungkook noticed it too since he saw Yoongi everyday and it was starting to worry both Yoongi's friends and Jungkook. Yoongi now only has a five second attention span, not that it was that unusual, but even when he's awake he seems far off dazed. 
     Yoongi feels someone poke at him and his eyes flutter open, of course, he wasn't all that happy. 
     "Hyung. We're opening, you need to wake up." 
     Yoongi raises his head to see who it is, and who else could it be? It was none other than Jungkook. No one else works there but he and Yoongi so when he looked up Yoongi felt pretty stupid of how he didn't realize it was Jungkook. 
     "Can I have five more minutes?" Yoongi whines. 
     Jungkook blinks. "No Hyung, you set this rule yourself. We have to open on time and we all have to be working." 
     "I don't care what rule I set, I'm tired and I want to sleep." Yoongi pouts with his arms crossed. 
     Jungkook really wanted to smile and make a remark at how cute Yoongi looked but, Yoongi's sleepy, so...really, it was not a good time. 
     "Sorry Hyung. You set the rules, you're the boss, I have to follow that rule."        

     "But if I'm the boss, then you'll let me sleep for a few more minutes! I say so!" Yoongi exclaims.
     "Even so Hyung, you told me to never break any rules, this is one of them, come on. Get up, we're already ten minutes late." Jungkook says looking at the clock. 
     Yoongi violently shakes his head and continues to pout, "I don't wanna. I want to sleep for five more minutes." 
     Jungkook sighs. Then, an idea struck him. 
     "Hyung, I just woke you up right?" Jungkook asks. 
     Yoongi nods.
     "We're already ten minutes late right?" Jungkook continues.
     Yoongi nods once more.
     "How long has it been since I woke you up?" 
     Yoongi shrugs, "About three minutes now I guess." 
     Jungkook smiles. "You've gotten more than five minutes of sleep then." 
     Yoongi looks at Jungkook, not understanding what he meant.
     "Hyung, we were supposed to open ten minutes ago. If I woke you up not even three minutes ago, then don't you think you already got your five minutes?" Jungkook tries to persuade. 
     Yoongi looks at the clock, then at Jungkook, then back at the clock. Then pauses. 
     "I...guess...yeah. I did get my time." Yoongi says quietly. 
     "Then, shall we open now Hyung?" 
     Yoongi's eyebrows furrow but he knew he can't not open the shop, so he nods.
     "Alrighty then. Please go bring up the board. We're having a sale today remember?" Jungkook tells the older.
     Yoongi yawns and gets up to go get the board that says, "50% off all flowers.
     Jungkook found it surprising that Yoongi didn't make any sarcastic remarks or even try to fight back. 
     It's official. Something was bothering Yoongi and Jungkook decided to find out what. Jungkook takes out his phone and texts his best friend, Taehyung. 

Sent to: Tae at 10:00am 
Meet me at our original place in 3 hours. 

 

 

 

                                                                                                                                                                             Sent to: Kookie at 10:01am
                                                                                                                                                                                              Sure thing~! (^w<)

     Yoongi comes back out with the board stumbling. Jungkook sees this and dashes over to help. 
     Yoongi only really accepts help from Hoseok or Namjoon since he's known them for so long, he doesn't feel anything when they help, but he felt pathetic letting someone almost three years younger than him help so he stands up, pushes Jungkook's hands away and continues out the door to set up the board. 
     At least he isn't completely infected just quite yet. Jungkook thinks, relieved that Yoongi didn't accept his help, but also frustrated cause Yoongi didn't accept his help. 
     A few hours later 
     "Hyung." Jungkook comes back inside from promoting to tell Yoongi he was going on break.
     Jungkook is met with Yoongi smiling brightly at some female guests who bought some Lilies. 
     "Thank you ladies, please come again." Yoongi cheerfully says. 
     The girls hold each other's hands and screech a little, smile, thanks Yoongi and turns to leave, seeing Jungkook and bowing to him too. Seeing this, Jungkook was tainted with a bit of envy that Yoongi would smile so brightly at some strangers. 
     Snapping out of his thoughts, he goes up to Yoongi, leans on the countertop and says, "Hyung, I'm going on break okay? I'll see you in thirty minutes." 
     Yoongi looks at him and nods slightly. "You do what you need to, but don't be late."                                                                                                                      Jungkook smiles and heads out. 
     Yoongi sighs as he is left alone in the shop when his phone dings, indicating a message. 

From: Unknown at 12:50pm 
Did you like the gifts I sent you? 

     Yoongi frowns at what he reads. He shudders a bit. He decides to delete the message, and exhales a breath he didn't know he was holding. 
     A minute later though.

From: Unknown at 12:51pm
Hey~Answer me~

Hey. I asked you if you liked the gifts I sent you. 

Don't ignore me or you'll regret it. 

     Yoongi reads the very last message sent to him and without any hesitation, he replies. 

                                                                                                                                                                              To: Unknown at 12:53pm
                                                                                                                                      Yeah. I liked them, they were very nice. Thank you.

From: Unknown at 12:54pm
Good. I'm sending you more gifts tonight so keep a lookout for them darling! I'll talk to you later~!

     Yoongi's eyebrows crease and you'd think his mouth might stay a permanent frown. 

                                                                                                                                                                         To: Unknown at 12:57pm
                                                                                                                                                   Yeah. I'll make sure to keep a look out.

     After a very upsetting conversation, for Yoongi anyway, he decided to go out and promote his shop. By just sitting there of course, Yoongi wasn't going to start talking to strangers. He walks outside and sits at the table in front of the shop, naturally, he's under the shade. Yoongi watches the people passing by, and hope they would come into the shop so he actually had something to do. He definitely didn't want Jungkook to nag him, especially since it really wasn't his fault. Plus, who really is in charge? Was him or was it Jungkook? Yoongi's head started hurting because he was thinking too much. 
     "Don't confuse yourself Yoongi. You're in charge and you're gonna keep that position." He whispers to himself. 

     Meanwhile...at a coffee shop nearby...
     "Hey Tae." 
     "What's bothering my Kookie?" 
     Jungkook looks up and rolls his eyes. "I am not yours."
     "Yeah, whatever. What's up?" The one called Tae asks. 
     Tae is Jungkook's little nickname for his best friend, Taehyung. Kim Taehyung. They've been friends since middle school and, they basically know everything about each other, so if one was to betray the other in some way, all hell breaks loose. 
     "So, my boss-" Jungkook starts, but was cut off.
     "You're crush," Taehyung corrects while taking a sip of his iced tea. 
     "Okay, my 'crush' isn't acting himself." Jungkook finishes.
     The other raises an eyebrow. "What do you mean by that?" 
     "He isn't talking back when I tell him to do something, he's been sleeping a lot more often, and he isn't eating." Jungkook adds on. 
     "From what I know, from your stories, he seems pretty normal to me. Maybe he's just gotten used to you nagging him." Taehyung shrugs it off.  

     "What? But he's Min Yoongi, he doesn't just get used to people telling him what to do! He has too much pride for that."
     "Maybe he's just done with your useless actions and just decided to deal with it?" Taehyung suggests. 
     "He can't be! He has got to talk and fight back! Also, my actions are not useless. They will lead a very long-lasting relationship so shut up." 
     "Yeah sure, 'long-lasting.' Totally." Taehyung rolls his eyes. 
     "Seriously, I need advice on what to do." Jungkook looks at the shorter other, right in the eyes.
     "Why can't you just ask him what's wrong?" Taehyung says, like that was the answer to every problem. Like DUH. 
     Jungkook pauses for a moment and nods. "You know, for you, that is the sanest answer I've ever gotten." 
     Taehyung smiles his famous box smile and giggles. 
     "Alright Tae, I gotta go. I promised Yoongi-hyung I'd be back in thirty minutes and I worry that he might fall sleep and never wake up again." Jungkook says and leaves the table. He waves at his best friend and dashes off. 
     Taehyung waves at his friend and is left behind alone then a thought struck him. 
     "Did Jungkook mean that as a compliment?" Taehyung ponders a while and comes to a conclusion, "Oh well, he probably didn't know what he said either. Hey, do owls say anything else but 'who'?" 
     On the way back to Sugar Petals
     On Jungkook's way back to Yoongi, he passes by a small gift store. In the store, there were a bunch of corny couple items that Jungkook can't help but grin and fantasize about Yoongi and him wearing them, walking side by side, and on a date. 
     "I think Hyung would look nice in that." Jungkook mumbles.
     "Are you looking for something?" 
     Jungkook turns his head towards the voice and sees a young man who was about his own height and he was smiling at Jungkook. Of course he was, Jungkook's a guest and the other was an employee and was supposed to greet guests with 'enthusiasm'. Jungkook looks at the man's name tag. 
     Hoseok. The tag reads.
     Jungkook smiles and as specific as he can, "Yes, I am looking for something. In your opinion, what looks nice on a 5' 9'' person with white hair, shows his gums when he smiles, and is grumpy all the time?" 
     You couldn't have made it any weirder Jungkook. Great job. I applaud your actions. Jungkook thinks as he mentally slaps himself.

     The one named Hoseok smiles and says, "You're lucky I know exactly what you're talking about." 
     Jungkook's ears perk up at the other's words. "What do you mean?" 
     "I have a long-time friend just like that." Hoseok explains. 
     Is there actually another person like Yoongi-hyung in this world? Jungkook thinks. 
     "Anyway, were you looking for something like a couple item or a gift for some occasion?" 
     "Oh, um...I'm not exactly sure. I guess a gift. This person hasn't been doing well lately and I guess I want to cheer them up." Jungkook replies.
     "Ah, I see. Come right this way sir. Are you thinking necklace or bracelet?" Hoseok asks as he leads Jungkook to a part of the shop. 
     "Hmm..." Jungkook thinks. I think Hyung would look nice in anything. What does he like more? Necklaces or bracelets?
     "I guess I'll take both. If they don't like one thing, they can like the other." Jungkook finally decides.

     Hoseok smiles and picks up a necklace and bracelet. The necklace had a feather hanging off the thread along with some beads and a cross dangles off the side. The bracelet was a beaded one and it didn't have any feathers like the necklace but it had black beads that oddly matched the necklace and instantly, Jungkook knew it was the perfect gift for Yoongi. Yoongi had told him before how much he liked black and white and the bracelet was just that, Yoongi had also told him before that he liked to relax (anyone can see that, but Jungkook wanted to have some reason to give his hyung the gifts) and the necklace gave off a very peaceful vibe. 
     "That's perfect! I'll take them." Jungkook smiles vividly at Hoseok and not five minutes later, Jungkook had purchased what he wanted and practically skipped back to his workplace. 
     Hoseok saw Jungkook off and thought, He couldn't have been talking about Yoongi-hyung right? There's no way. Unless...he's the new worker Namjoon was talking about. He is going the way Hyung's shop is and the person he described it none other than Hyung. Who else in the world is 5' 9'' with white hair, shows his gums when he smiles, and is grumpy all the time? No one. I'll have to check with Hyung tonight. 
     Back at Sugar Petals
     "When is that bastard coming back? It's been longer than thirty minutes." Yoongi grumbles with his eyebrows come together.
     The guests in the shop notice this and look at him. 
     Oops. Yoongi then flashes a smile, a very convincing smile, and all the guests are put at ease once more. 
     Ding! The door sounds and Jungkook slides through the door. Yoongi looks up and glares at the latter. 
     Jungkook smiles nervously and says he needs to put his stuff in the back. As Jungkook walks outback, he spots Yoongi's bag and slides the wrapped gift box with the bracelet and necklace inside. 
     Flashback to A Few Minutes Earlier
     "I want it to be a surprise. Plus, I don't think he'd accept it if it was from me." Jungkook says to himself and decides to just slip it in his Hyung's bag and let Hyung find it himself. "Maybe he'll come wearing it tomorrow." 
     End of Flashback
     Jungkook's mouth curves up into a smile and he quickly sets his stuff down before going out and helping Yoongi again. 

  -----------------------------------------------

     It was time to close the store and head home. Jungkook was about head home first but before he did. 
     "Hyung, what're your plans for tonight?" Asks the younger.
     Yoongi looks at Jungkook and hesitates. Should I tell him? It couldn't hurt, but...it's too risky.
     Yoongi slightly shakes his head, "I'm planning to go buy some food, then head home, watch some TV, then sleep. Why do you ask?" 
     "No reason. I was just curious." Jungkook replies. I'll ask him tomorrow. He needs all the sleep he can get. "Make sure you eat enough Hyung. You're starting to look like a walking skeleton." 
     "I don't need you to tell me that. I can take care of myself." Yoongi barks. 
     "Okay then. See you tomorrow Hyung!" Jungkook says heading towards the door.
     "W-wait!" Yoongi calls out. 
     "Hmm?" Jungkook halts in his tracks.
     "C-c-can you w-walk me home tonight?" Yoongi manages to stutter out. 
     Beautiful Yoongi. You couldn't sound anymore lame. You sound like a girl in love, finally finding the courage to ask her crush out. Yoongi mentally scolds himself.

     Jungkook smiles. "What's this?" It's not that Jungkook didn't want to walk Yoongi home, he was literally fighting the urge every single day to not ask his Hyung if he could walk him home, so Jungkook was surprised that Yoongi was the one who asked him first. What's the pain in a little teasing when you've finally been able to get what you wanted?
     Yoongi realizes Jungkook heard the stutters and speaks up. "I-it's not what you think! I just need someone to walk me home tonight. That's all." 
     Jungkook's eyebrows go up and a smirk spreads across his face. "Really Hyung? It doesn't sound like you just want me to walk you home." 
     "What does it sound like then?" Yoongi glares. 
     "That you like me, and want to stay by my side every single second." 
     "No! That's not what I meant! I just need you to walk me home that's all." 
     "Why? Is Yoongi-hyung scared to walk home alone?" Jungkook coos.
     "YES!" Yoongi shouts. He then realized what he said and immediately takes it back. "N-no! I meant no! I am not scared to walk home alone."    

     Jungkook, of course, was stunned by this and without anymore teasing, he waits for Yoongi to get packed up and ready so they could head to Yoongi's place. During this time, Jungkook was still baffled that something is bothering Yoongi so much that he's afraid to walk home alone. He wasn't going to upset Yoongi for a while. He'll just have to find another way to make Yoongi fall for him before the month was over. He only had about two and something weeks left before Jimin came back and if Yoongi doesn't fall head over heals with the bunny boy, Jungkook was never going to see Yoongi again and the thought dreaded him! He scrunched his nose in horror.
     "Um...Let's go." Yoongi's voice brings Jungkook back to reality. 
     "Huh? Oh yeah sure." Jungkook gives a small smile and holds the door open for the older.
     "You look like you hate taking me home. What? Am I an interference to your girlfriend or something? Am I an obstacle for you plans tonight? You know you can just refuse and I can walk home by myself." Yoongi says as he walks out the door, turns and faces the taller and puts his hands on his hips.
     "What!? No! Hyung, I don't have a girlfriend, for one, and for two, I don't mind at all! It'd be nice if it were like this every...day..."Jungkook notices what he says and slowly trails off. 
     Yoongi raises and eyebrow and was tempted to ask why but he wanted to get home quickly since he didn't want to stand in the middle of the sidewalk staring at his employee like some statue. While thinking that he should get home quickly or something bad might happen to his apartment, Yoongi's attention was grabbed by a light tint of pink on Jungkook's cheeks. 
     Thump...
     "Can we go?" Yoongi finally manages to say. Why did...was that my heart? 
     Ear to ear, tip to tip, a smile forms on Jungkook and with mirth, he followed Yoongi all the way to his apartment. Of course, making sure he remembers the path so he can come and go as he pleases, and naturally, he made sure he memorized Yoongi's apartment number. 4270. 
     Got it. Jungkook grins to himself. 
     "Well...I'm guessing you need to get going. I'll see you tomorrow and be careful on your way home!" Yoongi hurriedly says and closes the door on Jungkook. 
     "Something is really bothering him." Jungkook once again concludes and he merely grins and walks back home. It's okay. Once he finds the gifts, I'm sure he'll cheer up a bit. 
     Inside the apartment, Yoongi felt a blanket of guilt cover him as he scolds himself for not at least inviting Jungkook in for a cup of tea. He felt bad for Jungkook who he closed the door on without even saying thanks. 
     "I'll apologize tomorrow." Yoongi told himself. "I'm home." 
     Like anyone is here to say 'Welcome Back.' Yoongi thinks and loneliness strikes him like a lightning bolt.

     Yoongi looks around his apartment and he spots a box when he looks down at his feet, and at that moment, he was glad he was alone. He didn't want to touch the box, nor did he want to go near the box. So, Yoongi makes sure he locks all his doors and windows, turns all of the lights on, and carefully steps over the box. He then took off his coat and bag and crawls onto the couch. He brings his knees up to his chest and he simply just stays there. Until slowly, he fell asleep. He was full that night because before he got home, Jungkook had made Yoongi eat some dinner at a nearby restaurant, and even though Yoongi highly refused, he was glad he actually ate. He didn't want to sleep, he feared that something might happen if he did, but he was much too tired, so he was knocked out not half an hour later and he falls into a deep sleep. Yoongi doesn't just love sleep because it relieves whatever stress he has, but it feels like two comforting arms opening just for him to go into an embrace and stay there for as long as he wanted. Yoongi smiles at the thought. That is, until his phone makes a noise, saying that someone's texting him and he should see it, Yoongi opens his eyes, frustrated that someone would text him at this time. 

                                                 Did you open the box yet? If you did, did you like it? I put a lot of effort into it for you.

 

 

                                                                                            From: Unknown at 12:30am

 

     Yoongi's hands tremble and throws his phone to the side. He grabs a blanket, wraps himself in it and sleeps on the couch, when his phone beeps again.