What's Happening Now?

Don't You Dare Jungkook

A/N: Merong= Sticking tongue out.Does anyone know if owls itch? (Just a thought) and if they do, how do they relieve it?

--------------------------------------------------

   “Jungkook!” Yoongi calls from outback.

   Jungkook runs in. “Yeah Hyung?”

   “Help me lift this. I can’t lift it myself.” Yoongi says as he points to a sunflower that was just about Yoongi’s height.

   Jungkook sighs but then smiles. “This is because you don’t eat or take care of yourself. You can’t lift things that other people can.” Jungkook picks up the sunflower easily and walks out.

   Yoongi sneezes as he follows while he does a little gasp of offense, but knows that Jungkook can do anything and everything so it doesn’t bother him for long. “I don’t even think Jimin can lift that. You’re the one who’s not like others.”

   Jungkook sets the sunflower down where Yoongi wanted it and goes back outside to draw in guests, but before he goes, “Hyung,”

   “Hmm?” Yoongi hums in response but coughs shortly after.

   “I’m going to go somewhere for lunch break and might not come back for a while. Is that okay?” Jungkook asks.

   “I guess. Just don’t take too long.” Yoongi clears his throat.

   “I’ll try, but if I don’t come back by the end of the day, the passcode to my place is 4270, so you can just go in.” Jungkook says.

   “Well gee, whatever you’re doing must be real urgent. Okay then.” Yoongi says as he sneezes and Jungkook goes outside but Yoongi calls him back. “Wait!”

   “Yeah?”

   “If you’re not coming back by the end of the day, I’m not gonna be at your place.”

   “What? Why?” Jungkook feels his heart sink and a panic rise.

   “Because, the incident is over, I’m not in any risk of any more danger and I have no more reason to stay at your home. I can go back to mine.” Yoongi says.

   “You have every reason!”

   “And that would be…?”

   “I’m your boyfriend! You have to stay with me.”

   “We’ll still see each other. It’s just like before. We see each other every day for work and then go our separate ways after.”

   “Yeah, but that was before. We’re dating now! We have to see each other more often.” Jungkook says as he walks over to Yoongi and sits down next to him.

   “Okay then, we can go on dates once in awhile.” Yoongi tries to compromise.

   “What!? Once in awhile? Hyung! That’s not fair!”

   “Why’re you so worked up anyway?” Yoongi didn’t get it.

   “Why you ask? Because! Jimin-hyung is coming back in a few days and after that, I’m not going to be working here anymore! Then, school starts like a week after that. I won’t be able to see you at all if you don’t stay at my place.”

   Yoongi realizes what Jungkook meant and smiles lovingly at the younger. “I’ve been thinking the same thing, but there’s nothing we can do about it can we?”

   “Hyung, you can just stay at with me until Jimin-hyung comes back.”

   Yoongi sighs. “I miss my room Jungkook. I have a Kumamon autograph to put up and I have music equipment to shower with care.”

   “Hyung, we can just drop by your place, put up the autograph, say ‘hi’ to your gear, then come back to my house.”

   “Fine. You better give me a good three minutes with my music tools.”

   Jungkook smiles. “Sure, sure.”

   “But I’m not moving in. That’s still your parents’ home.”

   “Of course, we’ll figure something out later. I gotta go Hyung. Lunch break is about to start. Remember, if I don’t come back by the end of the day, it’s 4270, or just look for the extra key under the mat.” Jungkook says before he gives Yoongi a peck on the cheek and skips his way to where he needs to go.

   “If you wanted a day off, you could just say so!” Yoongi yells as Jungkook goes out the door and he coughs once more. “I think I’m getting sick.”  

   As Jungkook leaves the shop and hears what Yoongi said, he smiled to himself. A day off, with you there? Not a chance. Jungkook walks to the cafe that he and Taehyung met the other day.

 

Sent to: Tae

From: Kookie at 12:30

Hey, I’m at the cafe. Are you free?

Sent to: Kookie

From: Tae at 12:32

Yeah. I’ll be right there!

To: Tae at 12:35

Okay, cuz I have a very important question to ask.

To: Kookie at 12:36

Can’t you ask me through text?

To: Tae at 12:37

It would be easier that way, but it’s more sincere in person.

To: Kookie at 12:39

Since when is Kookie so cliche?

To: Tae at 12:40

You don’t need to know. Hurry up.

The waiters are looking at me like I was stood up.

To: Kookie at 12:43

You might just be.

To: Tae at 12:44

I’m going to end you.

To: Kookie at 12:45

I love you too!

To: Tae at 12:46

Hurry up!

To: Kookie at 12:48

*Dashing to bossy bestfriend* Merong~

 

   Jungkook ended the conversation and waited for his friend. He waited for about ten minutes with waiters and other guests looking at him like he really was left in the lurch. Jungkook sighs as he gets impatient. Ten minutes seemed like ten hours.

   “Kookie!”

   Jungkook turns to the voice and sees Taehyung walking towards him.

   “About time.”

   Taehyung tilts his head. “What’d ya mean ‘about time?’ It’s been like eleven or so minutes.”

   “I have a question.”

   Taehyung sits down. “I know. You told me earlier. What is it?”

   “Are you offended when people call you alien?” Jungkook got straight to the point.

   “I don’t like to be called it.” Taehyung says with an awkward smile.

   Jungkook pauses. Hyung was right. “Are you offended though?”

   “A bit. I guess.” Taehyung shrugs.

   “But it’s a joke.” Jungkook wanted to see how his friend would respond.

   “I get that. It’s just a joke to everyone. But when I hear ‘oh look, it’s 4D or alien Tae!’ I think to myself, am I really that weird and unusual to be called that?” Taehyung says calmly.

   “Why didn’t you say something then?”

   “Will people really stop?” Taehyung looks straight into his friend’s eyes with the bold question in mouth.

   “I will.” Jungkook confesses.

   Taehyung’s eyes widen and he smiles. “Thank you then.”

   “You know, if something’s bothering you, friends are here for a reason.”

   “Yeah, yeah. Okay.” Taehyung waves off. “What got you thinking about this anyway?”

   “Yoongi-hyung.”

   “Oh? What’d he say?”

   “We were talking about flowers and it somehow lead to you and then I said, ‘He’s one heck of a person huh? He’s like an alien!’”

   “Well, I feel loved.” Taehyung sarcastically glares.

   “I know. I’m sorry. That’s when Hyung asked, ‘Why would you call him that?’ so I said, ‘His actions are not human-like.’ Then, Hyung asked me, ‘What if he does mind that you call him that?’ and that’s what lead me here.”

   “No matter how you explain it, I’m on Hyung’s side.” Taehyung states.

   “I’m sorry. It was careless.”

   Taehyung hums in reply and smiles. “I forgive you.”

   Jungkook lets out a sigh of relief.

   “Speaking of Yoongi-hyung, did you confess yet?” Taehyung asks.

   Jungkook tenses up at the question. “Y-yeah.”

   “That’s great! What’d he say?”

   “He didn’t say anything.”

   Taehyung’s face drops in pity. “Aw, I’m sorry Kookie.” I knew it! I should’ve went to Jungkook yesterday. Mom! Why didn’t you buy groceries the day before!?

   “He didn’t have the chance to say anything.”

   “What’d you mean by that?”

   Jungkook looks at Taehyung and smirks.

   A blanket of realization shrouded Taehyung’s mind. “Kookie...you...you…”

   Jungkook smiles and laughs a bit too evilly.

   “Jeon Jungkook you monster! Hyung was injured! How’s he supposed to walk!?”

   “He’s fine.”

   “You don’t know that!”

   “He’s at work today and he’s walking perfectly normal.” Jungkook said, not worrying about Yoongi at all.

   “You really are inconsiderate aren’t you? Think about it!” Taehyung stands up and walks to Jungkook’s side of the table and whispers in his ear.

   Jungkook’s eyes widen in shock. “You think so?”

   “Jungkook, he was kidnapped, beaten, and wasn’t able to walk properly yesterday. How can you ask that!?” Taehyung crosses his arms.

   “But what makes you so sure?”

   “I think I know it better than you do. Hyung couldn’t walk. What part of “can’t walk” don’t you get!?”

   “I get that, but how would you know personally?” Jungkook looks at his best friend with suspicion.

   “I never said I was straight.” Taehyung wryly smiles.

   Jungkook gasps. “You’ve done it before?”

   “Well, my first time was like a month ago.” Taehyung admits.

   “You had your’s before me?” Jungkook’s pride was crushed.

   “I couldn’t help it.” Taehyung shrugs.

   “I will talk to you about this later.” Jungkook’s eyes narrow. “I have to go back quickly to Hyung if what you say is true.”

   “Kookie. I know it’s true.” Taehyung puts his hand on Jungkook’s shoulder while nodding.

   “I’ll see you later then. I’ve covered all I needed for today. I will stop calling you anything else but Tae unless you ask me to and I will go back to help Hyung.” Jungkook says before he high-fives Taehyung and walks out the door of the cafe.

   “Wait!” Taehyung calls and Jungkook turns. “You two are dating right?”

   Jungkook nods and runs back to the shop.

   Taehyung smiles widely as he turns and goes towards the shop Hoseok works at.

   Jungkook is dashing back towards the shop. It could be true. I mean, Hyung is four years older than I am. It’s nothing too big to worry about since I don’t know if it’s true but...

 

“As I was at your place yesterday visiting Hyung, visitors came and Jin-hyung was one of them. As Jin-hyung left, he told Hoseok-hyung and I that Yoongi-hyung wasn’t just beaten. Something else happened but Jin-hyung wasn’t sure. He could be in real pain right now.”

 

   Taehyung’s words repeat in Jungkook’s head as he sprints back to Sugar Petals.

   “Hyung!” Jungkook calls as he goes through the door but was met with someone else.

   “Oh! Jungkook!” The person greets smiling.

   “Jimin-hyung?” Jungkook remembers the crinkles in the corner of Jimin’s eyes that Jimin has when he laughs or smile. Oh no. Hyung won’t be staying at my place. That can’t happen. I have to convince him to stay.

   “How’re you?” Jimin greets going over to Jungkook.

   “I-I’m doing fine. You’re back early.” Jungkook awkwardly says.

   “Yeah, well, my flight was moved up a few days early because of a predicted storm that’ll delay a whole lot of things so, here I am.” Jimin says.

   “Oh, Jungkook. I thought you said-” Yoongi comes out with a bouquet.

   “I said might.”

   Yoongi shrugs as he sneezes. “Here Jimin. Since you’re back, make yourself useful and deliver this for me.”

   “Hyung~ I just got back. Can’t I rest?” Jimin whines.

   “You should’ve thought of that when you got off the plane. Instead of coming here, you should’ve went home.” Yoongi says handing the bouquet of Forsythian bellflowers.  

   Jimin takes the bouquet but the complaining continues. “But I haven’t seen you in so long!”

   “You’re looking at me. You see me. There. You got your wish. Go deliver the flowers to Ms. Lee.”

   Jimin sighs as he gives Yoongi a peck on the cheek and goes on his way. “Fine. I’ll be back. It’s good to see you Jungkook.”

   Jungkook nods his head and bows a bit. “Why’d he give you a kiss?”

   “It’s his way of saying, ‘Screw what you say, I’m still your friend.’ Everyone in our group of friends have experienced it.” Yoongi explains.

   “Oh, then I have nothing to worry about right?”

   “Right.”

   “By the way-”

   “Yoongi-hyung!” The door opens as Namjoon hops in and almost breaks a plant as he stumbles onto the floor.

   “Good day to you too Namjoon.” Yoongi says as he goes to help Namjoon up, but Jungkook gets there first.

   I can’t let Hyung do too much. If something more than just being beaten happened, then he needs to rest. Jungkook thinks as he pulls Namjoon off the floor.

   “Hyung...bad news...really bad news!” Namjoon was almost screeching as he pants his words out.

   “What happened?”

   “Jin...Jin went to your ex’s place...because he was...convinced something more happened to you.” Namjoon says as he gasps for air.

   Yoongi’s eyes widen in shock. “What do you mean, “more”?”

   Namjoon shakes his head. “I-I don’t know, but he went a while ago and I haven’t been able to contact him.”

   Jungkook starts to worry as he looks at Yoongi. “Hyung, shouldn’t we go help Jin-hyung?”

   Yoongi freezes. “Y-yeah. B-but, w-what do we d-do?”

   “First off...did something else happen besides the beating?” Namjoon looks at Yoongi.

   “I-I don’t know.”

   “You don’t know?!” Jungkook hollers.

   “I-I was knocked out and when I woke up, I was in the chair and I refused to say anything so the beating happened, and my lower back hurt, and one of the men whispered something that I don’t remember.” Yoongi confesses.

   “Hyung! You could’ve been and you don’t know it!” Jungkook yells.

   “Yeah, but anything could’ve happened when I was unconscious.” Yoongi says.

   “Why else would you lower spine hurt and then you couldn’t walk after that?!” Jungkook was full out screaming.

   “Hello!?” Namjoon brings them back as he vociferates, “My boyfriend could be killed! Can we please do something about it!?

   “Don’t yell at me! I didn’t do anything wrong!” Yoongi didn’t liked to be yelled at, even at times like these. “I’ll call Jimin.”

   “He’s back?” Namjoon asks lowering his voice.

   “I’ll explain later.” Yoongi says before he takes out his phone. “Jungkook, go get your car.”

   “I can’t drive.”

   “Yeah you can. You’re legal and you told me you have a license.”

   “But I don’t have a car.” Jungkook reminds.

   “Oh, that’s right. Then, go get Namjoon’s car.”

   Jungkook turns to Namjoon who nods and runs to get his car.

   “Hoseok?”

   Jungkook turns to see what Yoongi meant, and sees Yoongi on the phone.

   “Jimin’s back.” Hoseok says.

   “Yeah, I know. I’m just about to call him.”

   “He’s right here.” Hoseok on the other end says.

   “Did he-”

   “I delivered them Hyung!” Jimin’s voice can be heard in the background.

   “Seokjin-hyung needs help.”

   “What do you mean help?” Hoseok asks getting worried.

   “He went to Kyung-ok’s place for the most ridiculous reason.”

   “And that is…?”

   “I’ll explain later, just hurry up both of you! Drive to Kyung-ok!” Yoongi screams as he realizes how much time he was wasting.

   As soon as Yoongi finished his phone call with a confused Jimin and a worried Hoseok, Namjoon was back with his car.

   Yoongi literally jumps in the driver’s seat. “Let’s go!”

   Jungkook jumps into the seat next to Yoongi’s.

   Namjoon clears his throat as he gets into the back. “This is my car.”

   “For the sake of world peace, I don’t want you to drive.” Yoongi says.

   “I’m not that bad.” Namjoon pouts.

   “Sure. Sure you aren’t.” Yoongi says as he starts the engine and steps on the accelerator.

   “Why does Jungkook get shotgun?” Namjoon adds on.

   “Cause I’m his boyfriend.” Jungkook says which almost makes Yoongi choke on air as he stops at a red light.

   “Who allowed you to announce it to the world!?” Yoongi smacks Jungkook at the back of his head as they wait for the green light.

   Jungkook smiled cheekily, rubbing the spot Yoongi violated. “No one.”

   “Then why are you?” Yoongi was flustered.

   “Just because we’re dating doesn’t mean I can’t say what I want.” Jungkook smiles as he looks at Namjoon who was still shocked, but soon calms himself.

   “So, are you two dating?” Namjoon wanted confirmation.

   “How about you tell him Yoongi?” Jungkook felt too confident.

   Yoongi glares at Jungkook through the corner of his eyes as he stutters and takes his feet off the brakes as the light turns green. “Y-yeah. W-we are.”

   “Yup! Tae already knows!” Jungkook chirps.

   Yoongi was infuriated and embarrassed. “You told him!? Already!?”

   Jungkook leans to give Yoongi a kiss on the cheek.

   “I will kill you Jungkook.” Yoongi sneezes while he speaks as he speeds up a bit.

   “You’ve been sneezing and coughing a lot Hyung, you okay?” Jungkook asks.

   “Yeah, I’m fine.” Yoongi says while coughing.

   “Really?”

   “Yes.”

   “Hyung, I thought you said you weren’t gay like me. If I remember correctly-” Namjoon jumps in but was cut off.

   “Namjoon, I know what I said.” Yoongi glares from the rear-view mirror. “You should be more worried about Seokjin-hyung right now.”

   Namjoon remembers why he was where he was and panic fills him once again. “HURRY HYUNG! HURRY!”

   Yoongi rolls his eyes as he turns onto a highway where he can truly speed up to at least a sixty-five.

   “Are we heading to Noona’s place? This doesn’t seem like the way.” Jungkook comments.

   “Well, there’s high traffic on the normal roads. This is a highway. Highways are faster.” Yoongi says.

   “Isn’t that what everyone thinks at this time?” Namjoon asks scooting up closer to Yoongi’s seat.

   “Sit down in your seat and buckle up. Seokjin-hyung’s gonna kill me if I don’t properly seat you.” Yoongi says before he continues. “And, no. Her house is at a place where people rarely go to. It’s hidden yet so huge. I’m still questioning if Jungkook here is the prime minister’s son or something.”

   “No, I’m just-”

   “Extremely rich.” Namjoon and Yoongi say in unison.

   They stay quiet throughout the trip as Yoongi zooms (but still stays in speed limit) through the highway to Kyung-ok’s.

   Once they get there, they park somewhere easy so, if in worse cases, they can just drive out of there.

   “Jin’s car is here.” Namjoon says pointing to the car in front of theirs.

   Yoongi goes up to the front gate. “She must be remodeling.”

   Namjoon and Jungkook look at each other confused.

   “What’d you mean Hyung?” Namjoon asks.

   “Her front door’s gone.” Yoongi replies as he looks through the gateway.

   Namjoon looks a Jungkook.

   “What’re you looking at me for?” Jungkook felt mistreated.

   “Who’s fault is it that the door’s gone?” Namjoon sasses.

   “I’m not the only one who kicked it down y’know.” Jungkook sasses back.

   “You kicked her door down?” Yoongi eyes the two.

   “It was urgent.” Jungkook says.

   “Yeah, an emergency!” Namjoon adds.

   “You couldn’t have knocked, hid and then infiltrate this palace, without her men knowing? You know, the safe way!?” Yoongi suggests.

   “We didn’t think that far.” Namjoon admits.

   “Really, who would’ve?” Jungkook says shrugging.

   “Sane people.” Yoongi avers. “You people aren’t some action heros.”

   Yoongi rings the doorbell on the monitor.

   “Who is it?” A deep voice from the monitor asks.

   Yoongi takes a huge breath, “It’s Yoongi.”

   “Yoongi? Yoongi!” A female voice chimes from the background.

   Yoongi sighs in frustration. “It’s me. You have my friend-”

   “Give me back Seokjin!” Namjoon hollers.

   “Shut. Up.” Yoongi glares before he turns back to the monitor. “We’re not here for trouble, nor are we here to visit. We’d like our friend back.”

   “Who’s your ‘friend?’” The voice asks.

   “Kim Seo-”

   “Jin! My Jin!” Namjoon declares.

   “Right. Seokjin. Kim Seokjin.” Yoongi says as he releases a breath.

   “Hold on.” The voice says as they leave.

   A moment later, they come back. “Who was it you wanted?”

   “Kim Seo-”

   “JIN! Jin! Give me back Jin!” Namjoon howls once more.

   “Jungkook, I beg you, do something about him.” Yoongi demands.

   Jungkook wraps his arms around Namjoon as he pats his shoulder. “Hyung, calm down. Jin-hyung’s fine. He’ll be out in a flash!”

   Namjoon does a little sniffle and nods. Jungkook couldn’t help but roll his eyes at the over-exaggeration.

   “Yoongi?” Another voice replaces the deep one.

   “Jin!” Namjoon recognizes and shoves Yoongi out of the way. “Jin are you okay?”

   “I’m fine Namjoon. We’re just having tea.”

   Yoongi dusts himself off as he sarcastically comments, “I’m fine thank you for asking.”

   “Tea? You’re having tea? With her?!” Namjoon questions.

   “I was going to leave in a moment.” Seokjin explains.

   “It would be nice if you leave now Hyung. Yoongi-hyung doesn’t seem like he’s feeling well.” Jungkook says as he pats Yoongi’s back.

   Namjoon turns to see Yoongi coughing and hacking. “Oh lord Hyung, you okay?”

   “What...do you think?” Yoongi coughs out.

   “Are you sick?”

   Yoongi coughs as he kicks Namjoon.

   “Ow! Okay, okay! Jin, we need to leave now.” Namjoon yells into the monitor.

   “I’m coming.” Seokjin says as his voice slowly fades off and the monitor is quiet.

   At this time, Yoongi stopped coughing, but he felt dizzy and he has a headache.

   “I wanna go home.” Yoongi says.

   “Jin will be out any moment Hyung, it’s okay.” Namjoon assures.

   “Look! There’s Jin-hyung.” Jungkook points as he let’s go of Yoongi.

   Namjoon and Jungkook go over to Seokjin to make sure nothing dire happened to him when Seokjin’s face turns grim as he notices something and the other two look at the direction where Seokjin was looking, their faces also turn grim as they see Yoongi on the ground and unconscious.