Zelo's Gift

AmP: The American Project Begins

Hyun Ki wanted the van that pulled up to be filled with B.A.P but EXO-K greets her. Sure she liked a fair amount of EXO but the number dwindled as the member count did. She only had three left on her bias list. Oh Sehun, Kim Jongin and of course Lay. Two thirds of her list was currently staring at her. She hurried into the van sitting beside Chanyeol.

“Good morning!” The bright greeting made her jump a little. “I don't think Hyun Ki ssi is awake Chanyeol ah.”

“Why not? It's a beautiful morning! We have pretty company! And we're going on… what show are we going on?”

“I'm not entirely sure. Manager hyung won't say.” Suho gives a look to the silent man in the driver's seat beside him. “He said to make sure you were dressed comfortably though.”

Hyun Ki blinks looking around. Chanyeol laughs in an over exaggerated fashion nearly scaring her. “She's funny. You'll do well during filming.”

Pressure on her head makes her look up. The pressure turns out to be a packed breakfast of sorts. She looks over her shoulder locking eyes with Kai. He slowly smiles at her making her blush and immediately turn around trying to hide. “He didn't make it. It's leftovers from breakfast.”

“Shut up!”

“Oooh! Trying to look cool for her!”

“Kai Oppa~” Listening to everyone but Kyungsoo and Suho tease Kai makes Hyun Ki laugh softly. The six seem content with each other hearing it. Well mostly Kai secretly plots his revenge on them. Hyun Ki didn't recognize the show's set when they arrived. Suho told her to just follow their lead that they'd do their best to protect her. She'd just have to answer any questions they couldn't answer for her. Rehearsal was weird. She hadn't expected that. Doing as they told her was simple enough.

EXO would perform then they'd lead her out to talk to the host. She could sit next to any member she wanted. She chose Suho. He smiles at her making her blush but try to return it. The action made the other four launch into teasing. Kyungsoo talks softly as if trying to make sure only she heard. Or maybe he rarely talked? Hyun Ki hardly focused on Kyungsoo in the group given her eyes use to be forever glued to Luhan and Tao.

“Don't tell them if you have a bias.” Hyun Ki holds up two fingers. “I was never told. I don't know.”

Hyun Ki blinks but accepts it. She picked Suho and Kyungsoo to be around. They were kind. Reminding her a lot of how Himchan treated her. Filming began not long after EXO-K settled down. Hyun Ki did as she was told. Listening to Suho and Kyungsoo. It wasn't long before it was her turn to go out. The audience asked questions for this show. Hyun Ki didn't think this would go well.

“Hyun Ki Noona, are you really learning from B.A.P or is your it lies?”

“Hyun Ki ssi, do you just sign up to get close to Oppa?”

“Hyun Ki ah, can you even perform?”

“Do you even speak Korean?”

“Can you speak at all?”

The host signals for the staff to stop letting people ask questions. Hyun Ki sat head hung down and her hands clasping each other so tightly her knuckles were white. Suho puts a hand on her shoulder squeezing gently whispering soft words of encouragement. Kyungsoo took the microphone from the host drawing attention to himself. “Shin Hyun Ki is a rising star. You all supported us as we rose to fame. You all laughed and cried with us. You still support us now that we aren't 12 strong. Why can she rise to fame like we did? Why can't you support her like you did us? Yes, she wasn't born here. So many of us aren't born here.”

Hyun Ki looks up at Kyungsoo deciding in that moment. She had to add a name to her bias list. Oh Sehun, Kim Jongin, Lay AND Do Kyungsoo. On the ride home the group noticed the difference in Hyun Ki. She talked a bit more but only with Kyungsoo and Suho. The others made sure to ask if she wouldn't mind if they started messaging her. Hyun Ki gave her consent as they dropped her off at the dorm.

The next day Hyun Ki answered texts from EXO on the way to the studio. When she went in Himchan surprised her with a sudden hug. She easily returned it to see a large plushie behind the smiling man. “Something to celebrate your first appearance on television! A little something for each of us. Bet you can't guess who's is from who?”

“Not at all. It's not like you have the Matoki on everything.” She opened the bags inspecting each item noting that she only have five things here. Listing off all the Matoki in her head she realized Zelo didn't have a bag here. Hyun didn't see him here either. A dog rushes in the room shocking nearly everyone but the delighted Hyun Ki. “And just who are you? Little cutie!”

Zelo's voice makes her look up. “She's your present. I figured that you might be lonely. So….yeah.”

Hyun Ki hurries over to him and hugs him tightly. “I love her! Thank you so much Junhong!” She decides to call the dog, Flower. The cute little puppy deciding to bug Himchan and Daehyun. Hyun Ki did her vocals seeming more happy than they remembered her ever being. It took a bit of digging but Himchan figured out why. She'd always wanted a dog but was never allowed.

Hyun Ki set the dog in her lap as she once more went over the gifts. Daehyun had given her a necklace. It was beautiful so she put it on that moment. Himchan gave her a game system with several different games. She got almost as excited as she did over the dog. Jong Up gave her a bracelet that matched Daehyun's necklace. Yongguk and Young Jae gave her pet supplies leading her to believe they helped with Flower.