Something Fishy

AmP: The American Project Begins

Hyun Ki couldn't believe the amount of meetings she had to go through. It was a week or so before she was able to actually meet up with Himchan. During that week or so she only went over her security team and scolded for how her relationship with Kyungsoo was affecting him. The company actually told her to end it to save EXO the bad press. No matter what she was going through with Sehun she actually didn't want to end it with Kyungsoo. He's the perfect boyfriend. Sweet. Cute. Sings well. Dances amazingly. That's all she really wanted. However she feared they'd end her contract so she texted Kyungsoo about the situation. He understood. The speed at which he accepted this hurt her. Did their time together mean that little?

"You'll go on a broadcast and announce that at the end of your contract you'll not sign on for more."

Hyun Ki blinks not quite sure she heard him correctly. By the look in his eyes, she had. SM was going to drop her. She opened to apologize when pictured were placed in front of her. Sehun with her in America. She couldn't think. They were just going to drop her. She tried to figure out why when the president motions towards the very door she entered. A wild haired foreigner steps in. They were going to drop her for a white guy? But the antis were mad enough with just her being born in America. What would they do to this poor guy?

"The rest of your time here will be to help her get settled in. She'll be staying a little bit awhile from where you are now." Her? Oh, guess they're trying to ride the androgynous female thing. Although at a first glance...this woman looks angry or sad or something. Anything but happy. Everyone left the room leaving the two to talk. Or at least she figured/hoped that's what it was.

"Hi I'm Hyun Ki. What's your name?"

She nods but stays quiet for a bit. "Rissa."

"That's really pretty. Is it short for anything? ....they might make you change it.."

Rissa shakes her head instantly making Hyun Ki jealous of her hair. The two barely talk about anything. Hyun Ki ends up taking her to the practice room hoping to see if she had any skills or training. Once there, Hyun Ki's jaw hit the floor. Boy had Rissa been trained. Out of curiosity she had to ask her how long she'd been a trainee. Hyun Ki wanted to cry. Rissa signed on a month just after she had. Either they planned this from the beginning or Rissa was meant to make her into a group act of sorts. That had to be it. She messed it all up with Sehun! If she hadn't done that... Although this all was...

Did she even want to keep doing everything?

"Sunbaenim?"

Hyun Ki blinks looking at Rissa. That was nearly perfect. Her accent the only clue that she wasn't born here. Hyun Ki does her best to try to help Rissa learn more despite the difference in styles. Hyun Ki had focused more on pop. Rissa seemed more b-boy. Vocals! Maybe that'd be the one thing she'd prove that she was better. Hyun Ki sung a bit from B.A.P's newest song, Himchan's part. Rissa decides to sing AND rap. Her song choice straight from EXO. After hearing the original group so many times, she had to admit that Rissa's pretty good. The rap was very quick and came from a Super Junior song Hyun Ki thought. The way Rissa stared at her as she did it however.

"Rissa...do you...I mean--"

"Yes." Rissa slowly tilts her head, "I like girls and guys."

Hyun Ki turns bright red. Rissa walks closer with that resting face. Hyun Ki squeezes her eyes closed expecting something to happen to her. Nothing. She opens her eyes to see Rissa standing close to her looking directly at her face.

Rissa lip slightly curls upwards, "Not my type."

Hyun Ki opens to say something as Rissa turns to leave. She just ends up opening and closing . The only thing that saved her from trying to come up with something to say was her ringing phone. Himchan's calling her? She forgot he really needed something from her. Hyun Ki hurries past Rissa texting Himchan that she's leaving now. It didn't take long to get to their dorm. B.A.P's dorm being deemed as the only appropriate place to meet up with Himchan. Once inside she found the lights off and a strong floral smell. Hyun Ki had seen enough romances to know what's going on. Someone was trying to woo her. Question was who?

"G-guys?"

Himchan steps forward allowing Hyun Ki to see him. "You took awhile..."

With the way he was looking around, she had to guess that the other members were around. "Sorry I was informed I won't be renewing my contract or something. Even though they told me I'd lose my contract unless I broke up with Kyungsoo. I just-- I just--"

Himchan rushes forward pulling her into a hug that she melted into burying her face in his chest. Tears falling so naturally from her eyes as she listened to him comfort her. Hyun Ki held on to him tightly. "Hey. Why don't you sit down? I'll go get my phone and we'll get you something to eat."

"I'm not hungry."

Himchan pulls away smiling at her. He pats her head as he speaks, "I can hear your stomach."

"But--"

"Violet." Hyun Ki froze shocked to hear her real name. "I know you. You haven't eaten a real meal yet. Snacking doesn't count as eating. Not even as much as you snack."

"Okay, okay. I'll eat real food." Himchan smiles letting her go. Hyun Ki watched him before even thinking of going to sit down. A metallic object caught her attention. There's a box on the floor. She picks it up going to sit on the couch. Hyun Ki sits it on the couch cushion next to her. Everything in her screamed for her to open it. She couldn't though. It wasn't hers. It belonged to someone in the dorm. Hyun Ki just wanted Himchan out here so she could figure out if the way they were treating her was normal. It didn't seem normal. In fact it seems fishy that the moment something happens on break she gets in trouble. Incidents had happened during her time with either company and no punishments. Just what is going on.