Reader's Choice | Daehyun — luvyuh4evr

AmP: The American Project Begins

D A E H Y U N     P O V

I was sleeping in the dorm until my phone woke me up. The ringtone our song, Shady Lady. I sat up quick. I made that Hyunnie's ringtone. Why would she be calling me at this hour? Snatching up my phone before Youngjae or Junhong woke up I left the room to answer it. "Hyunnie, what's wrong?"

"Yah! You and your members are total jerks! The others are jerks too!"

"Whoa. What's wrong?"

"Nope. I don't talk to jerks." She hung up! I tried to call her back but she was rejecting my calls. I had to sneak into Yongguk's room. The manager shared the room with him. Just have to grab the keys from Manager hyung. It shouldn't be too hard. I opened the door and took two steps.

"Daehyunnie? What are you doing in here?"

I turn see Yongguk wearing headphones. Clearly working on our next album. "I uh..."

Yongguk tilts his head watching me, waiting for my excuse. I couldn't think of one. He puts his iPad and headphones down getting up. Oh no! Am I gonna be in trouble? However he goes to the manager grabbing something out of his pocket. He dangles the keys in my face but when I tried to take them he moved them away. "I'll give them to you if you tell me why you need them."

Stern Yongguk wasn't fun. "I have to go pick up something."

"It's late Dae. It can wait till morning."

I sigh, "I need to pick up a person."

"Why?" Apparently I had his interest now. Why indeed?

"Hyung, I just need to do this. Please." Shady Lady fills the air as I fight to muffle it. Why now? F*** it. I answer it to see what she wants now. "Thought I was a jerk."

"They won't let me drink more! They said someone has to come get me."

"I'm working on it. Yongguk hyung won't give me the keys." Daehyun had a hard time understanding her as she started shouting in English. "Hyunnie I can't understand you. Speak Korean."

"Get here now!"

She hung up. Again. Although Yongguk was quick to give me the keys. I had to go back in my room to grab a disguise and of course, of course, Youngjae and Junhong woke up. I had to bring them with me cause they wouldn't stop pestering me about where I was going. The drive didn't take that long. Why didn't she call one of EXO? Why me? With a sigh I geared myself up to face her. I went in the bar finding her in the back with a few guys trying to bother her. "What are you doing? Hyunnie you okay?"

She came running at me wrapping her arms around me. "Dae~"

"You're drunk."

"If Himchan Oppa wasn't so sweet to me it would be you." I froze my chest feeling tight. "I liked you first if that counts. Your bright smile. Your seemingly never ending stomach. And of course these hidden lips"

I wanted to say something but she pressed her lips against mine. The fabric of my face mask the only barrier between us. I wanted to remove it but given she was here without a disguise it would be best if I left it on. "Let's get you to bed."

"You'll be there right?"

I had to bite back a groan at the image my mind gave me. She knows that she's teasing me right? She's not just saying this stuff. Oh god please tell me she's not just saying this. I nod but her expression changes and she pushes me away from her. Shamefully I fall to the floor my widened eyes watching her for some clue to why I'm down here. Some patrons stood up whether they were on her side or mine was to be debated. 

"I can't go with you. You guys were jerks."

"How were we jerks? I bought you that necklace, Jong—"

"How old am I?"

Then it hit me. Her birthday. We never celebrated it. I don't think I even know when it is. "Hyunnie—"

"23. I turned twenty-three last week. No party. No nothing for two years. After my pu—"

"I'm sorry! We'll hold a party for you."

"Dae, do you think a party can make up for it?"

"Look come back to the apartment with me. I have Jae and Junhong in the van outside. Hyunnie come on." I watched her turn and head back towards those guys. Jae chose this moment to message me. Jong says she likes ships of you and me. Bring her outside. Just what the hell was that suppose to mean? How do I get her outside? Ships of Jae and me? Here it goes...

"Hyunnie! Jae is waiting on me. Please don't let me be away from Jae too long." I wanted to smile seeing her stop. She looked back at me so I did my best to pout. It didn't take much after that to get her outside. Jae however made himself look busy with Junhong. To my surprise she very willing got into the van. "I thought she liked ships of me and you."

"She does but she likes this more."

Junhong hugs Jae and I swore Hyunnie started blushing. Fan girls are weird. I drove us all back to the dorm making the two pretend love birds go back inside first. "Hyunnie I'm sorry we forgot. We honestly never learned when your birthday was. We'll —"

"Then prove it. Give me something I've wanted since I saw you guys debut."

I couldn't help but get excited! "Anything! Just stop being made at me, please~"

"Kiss me." A shiver ran through my body. I my lips finding her eyes on my tongue. "Not like the music video kiss. I want a real kiss. "

I nod moving in the driver's seat to face her clearly. She sat still watching me. Why am I so nervous?! I've kissed her before. Multiple times since the choreography was changed to include the kiss. Leaning forward I placed my lips on hers like I had before so many times. She leant into the kiss more. A real kiss. Alright. Phew!

It didn't much to get her to open . God she was so willing! I lost it when her hand slid along my thigh. My right hand in her hair and my left grabbing her waist pulling her closer. Her hands clutching my shirt so tightly.

N E X T   M O R N I N G

Hyunnie ended up laying in my bed as Youngjae and Junhong shared Youngjae's bed. I got to sleep on Junhong's bed. She sleep until eight freaking out over that much. I'm not sure why. She didn't look at me at all. She never complained or threw up. Does she even get a hangover?

Jae was worried when he learned I had to take a very long cold shower before I went to bed last night. I refused to tell him why. All that mattered was Hyunnie didn't hate me but I did gather the others after she left.

"Hyunnie got drunk last night. She got drunk cause no one has remembered her birthday for the last two years."

Himchan jumped up. "We have to do something!"

I sent him a smile. Despite wanting to punch him. "I was getting to that hyung. I think that we need to have a party. She's having an event with EXO in a few days. I thought since it should be our day off we can go to the event and surprise her."

"I think Noona would like it~" You have no idea what Noona likes Junhong. I bit back a groan remembering last night. Excusing myself I go check my phone finding a text from Hyunnie.

Thank you for granting my wish. Sorry I was a brat.

"I'd grant that wish many times over." Smiling at the screen I simply took my phone off the charger.

 

 


(AN) Alright I forgot to post a warning for the younger people. I don't know text speak so when you leave a comment with text speak I'll probably put some weird remark down as a reply. I barely know what otp means

All time pairing right?  o.o