DEJA-VU

Masquerade of the Fallen Angels


A loud phone ringing echoed in the bedroom. The slump on the bed tried to block the noise by hiding his face under the pillow but in vain. The caller was so persistent so Sungyeol had no other option than to crack an eye open and reach for his mobile phone that was on his night stand. He groaned when he saw the time. 


“Why the  are you calling me at four in the morning?” he asked in irritation.


But all anger and sleep flew out of the window as soon as he heard what Myungsoo had to say only to be replaced by pure concern and a lot of familiar fears.


“I’m coming.” 


Sungyeol wasn’t the only one receiving an annoying call at four in the morning. Myungsoo, Woohyun and Dongwoo were the first to receive it and they called Sungyeol, Sungjong, Bora and Krystal. Such calls were usual and they could receive them at any times of the day, and as soon as they did, they’d leave whatever they’re doing, no matter how important it was. 


It was always a matter of life or death.



“Hakyeon found him in the pub, he took him to the hospital. The doctor said it wasn’t much and he’ll be better after some sleep.” Myungsoo explained to Hoya over the phone. He was driving his car, on his way to the hospital.


“Did he try to… you know, again?” Hoya asked hesitantly.


“No, I think it’s a panic attack this time. He was in a good mood when I talked to him over the phone earlier. God only know what triggered him. He didn’t have one in a while.” his hands tightened around the steering wheel, preventing them from shaking.


“Myungsoo calm down, he’ll be okay. He survived worse situations before.” the eldest, as if he could see his brother’s state, comforted him.


Maybe they had missed a lot from each other’s life. But they had built their relationship again, starting from zero. Myungsoo didn’t take any steps forward, but didn’t push Hoya either, which the eldest was very thankful for. 
Woohyun had threatened Mr Lee Sooman once he took over the company and made him tear the contract down. Now the old man didn’t cause them any further problems,he allowed Hoya to contact Myungsoo as much as he wanted, but he didn’t let him reveal their real relationship either.
But for Hoya that wasn’t the real problem, his brother’s forgiveness was what mattered. And after a year or so, the youngest finally started to show affection and during the years that followed, they relationship between the two got much better, to the point where they could what the other is feeling from the sound of his voice. And at that moment, Myungsoo seemed far away from being composed and it was Hoya’s responsibility to calm him down.


“I arrived at the hospital. I will go see for myself what’s going on.” 


“I’ll be there shortly too. Don’t forget to wear a mask.” he reminded him before finishing the call.


Myungsoo was wearing an all-black outfit with a black cap. He put on a face mask and dark shades and pulled his hood over the cap. No one would guess it’s him like that. 


Sungyeol and the other’s were no better than him, they really looked like gangsters when they sat next to each other in the waiting area, silent engulfing them.


“It was past the closing hours and he didn’t reply to my calls so I knew that something wrong. I found him on the ground gasping and screaming. I knew he was having one of his panic attacks so I gave him a shot and brought him here right away.” Hakyeon recited to them what happened, his mother by his side crying silently. 


“We need to wait until he wakes up and talks to Dr Choi about it.” Dongwoo tried to sound calm while he was raging inside.


It killed him every time something like this happened, which was very often. He felt helpless, he couldn’t do anything to his brother who was seemingly a step closer to death every day.


He still remembers how of a nightmare it was when he found Sunggyu swimming in blood in the bathroom four years ago. He blamed himself for it. Because of the way he treated Sunggyu back then, he made him feel lonely and unwanted in the family. He was partially responsible for Sunggyu’s current state. 


“Everything is going to be okay.” he turned to the source of the warm hand on his shoulder and the warm comforting voice.


Ailee gave him a weak smile while her words were getting more uncertain with every time. As if she stopped having faith in them and only kept saying them out of habit.


He couldn’t return the smile and just hugged her, at least that way he won’t sense the lie in her words. Plus a hug was more comforting, for both of them.






-





Darkness was waiting at every corner in the room, not that he could move from his spot on the bed, where he was tied down. It was impossible not to feel scared in that position and situation. His wounds had healed by then, only faint scars remained, and he knew what was coming next, but that didn’t make it anywhere less scary.


The reason behind his shivering body was not certain. It could be hunger, since he hadn’t eat in days, or the cold air coming from the open windows, or the shot they gave him few hours ago, or simply fear. 


Finally they came, the rusty door opened and two smirking figures approached him. His once shaking body stopped shaking and his breath hitched. The tall man didn’t lose any seconds before he started all over again, digging his pocket knife in every exposed spot in his body. Whether it was his arms, shoulders, neck, legs, face, and even his abdomen, the man didn’t leave anything out.
It happened countless of times in the past two days that the screams refused to leave his throat anymore, and his tears refused to fall. He was at a point where all he wished for was to just die. It was the only way for the pain to go away. 
But those two had another plan for him. They wouldn’t just let him die that easily. 


The woman in the doctor took out a sering that he had started to fear more than the knife itself in the last two days. 
The pain that followed the shot was unbearable. The screams finally found their way out and his tears gushed out of his eyes while his body previously limp body started shaking violently because of the burning sensation that overtook his insides.

And his wish to die had only doubled.




Sunggyu woke up with a cry. His breath was hectic, beads of sweat covering his whole body. He needed a while to calm his raging mind. It was a nightmare-like memory that haunted him for years. No sleeping pills, medication or consultation could erase that painful memory or make it bearable. It was engraved in his inner mind and made the subject of one of his worst nightmares, not the worst but still.


He took a second to analyze his surroundings. The same hospital room he always end up in. He hated being there, not just the room but the whole hospital and any other medical facility in general. They only reminded him of how weak he was. 


Sunggyu had a lot of things he hated apart from waking up in a hospital. He hated seeing all of his friends waiting outside of his room for hours for him to wake up. He hated seeing their red eyes from crying and lack of sleep. He hated their fake smiles they put on whenever he visit him. He hated the worry and concern they hid behind those smiles. He hated the hidden meanings behind their questions. But most importantly, he hated the light of hope and relief that enlightens their expressions whenever he wakes up safe and sound. The hope that he will get better and that it will be his last time on that bed, because it will never be, unless his weaknesses manages to finally put an end to his life.





-







“So Sunggyu. What happened last night?” Dr Choi asked when he was left alone with the young man in the hospital’s room.



The youngest stiffened at the question, finding difficulty to answer. 


“Someone was there. In the pub.” his voice broke at the end.


“And who was it? Is it someone you know?” the doctor asked cautiously.


“I don’t remember… I think I recognized who it was but… but… I can’t remember the person’s face…” he spoke, terror filling his expression and eyes, while his body started trembling. “All I recall is that… as soon as I heard the voice I… I couldn’t breath right anymore, as if I was under water.” he held the collar of his shirt harshly. “And- and the scars, they started burning… as if they were just raw...” by then, Sunggyu wasn’t able to form a coherent sentence, his body shivering badly and his hands fisted on his lap while tears fell endlessly in them. 


“It’s okay. You can stop right here. No need to finish.” the doctor reassured him, patting his shoulder in a paternal manner.




Dongwoo was observing the whole scene from the glass door. Even if he was able to hear the whole conversation, he knew how much Sunggyu was affected by whatever had happened.



“Did you check the CCTV?” he asked Sungjong who was standing by his side.


“I did. But it was dark, and the person was well covered. But I think we have a few guesses of who could be the one that triggered him, right?” 


“Right. There are two possibilities. The real question is, why now?” 





-





Eunji started losing hope in receiving a call from the duo. It’s been days and there were no news coming from them. She was kept busy with her regular schedules at the company. She had few classes to go through even though her uncle and even her trainers had told her that she was more than ready to debut with her current talents. But she always believed that she had room for improvement.


The rest of her spare time was dedicated to go around the city and getting used to the streets. She didn’t get lost a lot of times hopefully, but she had always ended up revisiting the same streets, as if her legs had memorized a certain track and kept going through it repeatedly.


It was getting boring, especially with Sungjong being ‘busy’ and no new clues about her past coming in sight. That was until she finally received the awaited call.


“Hello Eunji, it’s me Sungyeol.”


“Oh, hi Sungyeol. How are you?” 


“I’m fine, thank you. I just wanted to apologize about the delay. We were busy with the promotion and something… came up. Because of it, we couldn’t talk to him yet about you. I’m really sorry.” 


Eunji could sense the seriousness from his voice, after all, Sungyeol wasn’t the type to be this serious. It made her get concerned as well.


“It’s okay, I understand. You don’t have to apologize. I just hope that everything is fine and nothing bad had happened.” 


“It was a tough week but we got over it. Anyways, we’re having a party this Saturday to celebrate the end of our promotion and I wanted to invite you.” his tone regained a little bit of its cheerfulness.


“Party?” Eunji was taken aback by his invitation.


“Yes! And I’m not taking a no as an answer. I will send you the address, or I will just tell Sungjong to bring you with him. Think of it as an opportunity to meet other people from the industry that you will probably be working with in the future. I will wait for you.”


Sungyeol didn’t leave any chance for her to object and Eunji couldn’t do anything else but to stare at the phone in confusion.


‘H-how did he know about me and Sungjong? They’re from the same clique anyways. It probably just happened.’


She was about to shrug the matter off until she noticed something.


“His phone number is… familiar.”


She quickly took out her block note and flipped to the page where she  had the phone numbers saved. And as unexpected as it was, Sungyeol’s number was there. 


‘Well this is interesting.’ she smirked. ‘I will surely go the party now.’ 






-






When Sungyeol said party, Eunji expected something loud in a night club with a lot of wild youth, not a company dinner in a fancy pub.


‘Infinite? I think I saw this somewhere before.’ she thought as soon as she saw the sign outside the pub.
 

She descended the stairs carefully and chose a vacant table at the back, away from the little platform at the front, considering that she didn’t know anyone and didn’t want to attract anyone’s attention by her presence. Well, Sungjong, Sungyeol and Myungsoo noticed her arrival so they came to sit with her right away.


“I’m glad that you made it.” Myungsoo said with a warm smile.


“Thank you for inviting me, and congratulation on your all-kill for this promotion. The whole album was amazing.” she handed him a bouquet of flower as a gift.


“Don’t tell me you’re just gonna sit down and do nothing. Come, this is the best opportunity to meet people from the industry, it will help later.” Sungjong cut in, having a brilliant idea in mind.


“Euh....” 


“Sungjong’s right! I know many people who’ll be really glad to meet you.” Sungyeol was seemingly excited as he half dragged her by her arm.


“Okay! Okay! I will just say hi and then will go back to my table. And I can walk by myself.” she objected although she didn’t try to pry her hand from his hand.


Eunji let herself being dragged around by the trio, greeting and introducing herself to the other guests. Managers, trainees, idols, producers, composers, actors, comedians,… the party was filled with them. It was all okay until she finally got to the table where the clique was sitting. 


In fact, it was Sungyeol and Myungsoo’s original plan to do so, and Sungjong just tagged along since it was hard to keep anything from him.


The others, who were chatting happily on their long table, were half surprised half chocked when they saw Eunji standing their next to the three boys that had wide grins plastered on their faces.


“Guys, I want you to meet someone.” Sungyeol started. “This is Kim Eunji, a rising talent that we will be working with in the future. Eunji, 
you know them, right?”


The said girl didn’t know how to respond. Not when she had six pair of eyes fixed on her, each holding an unreadable expression, with Dongwoo standing abruptly as soon as he saw her. She sure knew those people, she saw more than once on the news on her laptop and phone screen, but meeting them face to face was a complete different story. 


“Nice meet you.” she managed to say as she bowed slightly.


No reaction came from the table, as if they all froze in their places. 


‘Do they hate being interrupted that much? Damn you Sungyeol and Sungjong for your dump idea.’ she cursed them, although she could see that the people looking at her weren’t glaring at her. If anything, their glances were filled with warmth and…


‘Longing? that’s impossible.’ she shrugged the idea although she was certain that the six pairs of eyes were starting to glister with tears.


“Hey guys! This is not a warm way to welcome our guest you know!” Sungjong’s scolding made them snap of their trances.


“Where’s Sunggyu?” Myungsoo whispered to Krystal.


“He went to the kitchen to help Mrs Cha.” she replied with a similar hushed tone.


“I think I better go back to my table. I hope you enjoy your dinner.” Eunji bowed again when no one spoke and walked back to her table, Sungyeol on her tail.


They all wanted her to stop her and invite her to stay with them, but they had to keep in mind that Sunggyu could come back in any second. 


“I think you two have a lot of explanation to do.” Donwgoo glared at the two standing guys, making them gulp in fear.  


‘Uh oh! we’re in a big ! Damn you Sungyeol and your ideas!’ they both thought.







“I’m sorry about that. They can be really dense sometimes.” Sungyeol laughed awkwardly before calling one of the waiters.


“You can order whatever you want! it’s on the place.” 


Eunji raised an eyebrow to him. “You speak as if you own the restaurant.” 


“I know right!” it was the waiter who replied. “Just because he’s friends with the owners, he acts as if he owns the place and never pays. 
Hyung is too nice for his own liking, letting someone like you taking advantage of his kindness.” 


“Jackson, are you done?” Sungyeol squinted his eyes at the guy. 


“Don’t give me that look. We all know that if the restaurant and pub goes bankrupt it will be because of you. I’m really amazed how Mrs Cha had never kicked you out yet. If I was the owner I would’ve never let you out the door without paying.” 


“But you’re not, and Mrs Cha will never kick me out because she knows that I deserve those free meals and fancy drinks. Now get your  back to work before I tell her how much you’ve been slacking off lately.” 


The guy, Jackson, didn’t seem the slightly affected by the threat and just kept glaring back at Sungyeol. The whole scene was funny to watch, knowing how childish Sungyeol was. 


“Anyways, I think I need to go back. Please enjoy the night. there’s going to be a lot of fun, so make sure to stay till the end.” he winked at her, his words holding a hidden meaning.


Well he didn’t lie when he said that it was going to be fun. Many guests took turn in going on the platform to sing or dance, some of them were slightly drunk which made it fun to watch. Even Ailee and Dongwoo performed a duet love song together, and Eunji found it extremely endearing. 


‘I want to fall in love too.’ she sighed, her mind traveling to the amount of times she want out on dates without feeling anything close to heart flutter.


Eunji found herself staring at the clique’s table from time to time, and more than she intended to. They were kind of loud and they were chatting and laughing most of the times, making a desperate want to join them rise inside of her. She could go to the extinct to say that it was nostalgic if it wasn’t for the fact that she had never had friends to spend time with like that before. 

Another thing that kept her busy was her constant search of her biggest motivation. It was a celebration for Infinite so she was sure that he was there, but she couldn’t pinpoint who it could be. One of the people high on her suspicion list was a guy sitting with the clique. She couldn’t see him clearly because of the dim lightning at that spot in particular, but she had a string that he could be the one.


It was getting late and many company workers left to take their drunkenness to the next level somewhere else. Eunji herself was getting a little bit tipsy from the fancy red wine the waiter kept pouring in her glass whenever she emptied it.


“Okay, we want to thank all of those who came to celebrate our success with us tonight. We hope that you’re enjoying your time.” Sunyeol started and Myungsoo went on thanking a bunch of people that helped them through their promotion, starting with the company’s CEO, Mr Lee and their mysterious member.


“When Infinite came back with ‘One day’, one of our friends had told us that it will flop, so we had a bet with him. If we win more than three trophies, he will do anything we ask him to. And here we are, achieving an all-kill in our short promotion period, thanks to our fans. And tonight’s celebration is part of the bet. The pub was booked just for us, with a fancy menu for dinner and the most expensive drinks. I hope you all ordered some expensive stuff because it’s all on our friend, or the house since he’s the owner. So a big round of applause to our friend who should start being more optimistic in the future.” 


“So cheers everyone!” Myungsoo yelled, raising his wine glass.


Everyone in the pub lifted their glasses saying cheers as well, their voices as loud as ever. 



“Now, we have a surprise for all of you. We will need Krystal and Bora to join us.” Sungyeol said as the two girls made their way to the platform.


“As a recall for our high school days, we’re going to perform a song close to our hearts that marked the beginning of a strong bond between two people. Even though they won’t be performing with us tonight, we still hope that a day will come where we will all reunite.” Myungsoo said.


“Wherever they are, we want them to know that we wish them all the happiness in the world and that life will never be the same without them around, just like how this performance will be lacking without them participating in it.” Bora added.


“We miss you so much and wish you could find back what you once lost. We all love you and will always support you, so stay strong.” Krystal finished with a shaky voice before each one of them took his position. 


Sungyeol behind the drums, Krystal on the keyboards, Bora on the bass and Myungsoo with his electric guitar. 


The song started softly and steadily, contrary to the effect it had on Eunji, who was having a mental breakdown.


The melody wasn’t just familiar. That melody was the only piece of memory that remained on Eunji’s mind. Her first time holding the guitar after the accident had been extremely magical for one reason. 
As soon as she had held the instrument, she had started playing that melody. She thought it was a song that she had liked, but as time passed and no matter how much she had looked around, she had never came across a song with that melody which indicated that there was a mystery linked to it. 


But there she was, hearing it in the most unexpected place from the most unexpected people. And the more the song neared its end, the more Eunji became certain about it. 


‘I know this song. I can remember singing it before.’ 


When Krystal closed the song with pressing a few more keys on the keyboard and Eunji realized how stiff her body has became from being frozen in the same position for the last few minutes. She needed a while to regain her normal breathing and to relax a little while she wasn’t anywhere close to relaxing. 


“Are you okay?” 


Eunji lifted her eyes to the concerned waitress that was standing by the side of the table.


“Y-yes, I’m fine.” she replied, not caring about the hesitation in her voice.


“But you’re crying.” 


If those words hadn’t been said, Eunji wouldn’t have realized that her cheeks were soaking wet with tears that were undoubtedly hers.
As if she was struck by lightning, she abruptly stood up from her seat and run to the bathroom.


They were there, the tears, still falling uncontrollably from her eyes, no matter how many times she splashed cold water on her face. 
Eunji leaned her back on the bathroom’s wall and hid her face between her hands, letting it all out. 


The clues about her lost pieces of memory had been there since the beginning; the pendant, the melody, the dream,… they were all related to her past, but she couldn’t find any connection between them and her life after the accident. They felt like two detached things, a vital 
connecting piece missing. 


But since she came back, new clues started showing up, making the overall picture less blurry than it was, even though it was still undecipherable.

Not only the people she met, but the new emotions she had experienced too made hundreds of questions fill her mind.

Why did new people she just met feel so familiar? Why did they make her feel nostalgic while nothing ever did? ?  


Her mind was running hours in a second and if it wasn’t for a hand on her shoulder breaking her away from her thoughts, she could’ve exploded from too much thinking.

Eunji peeked from between her fingers to see who it was to find Bora giving her a look full of worry.


“A-are you okay? Did something happen? Do you want to go home? Or maybe the hospital if you feel sick?” 


“No need for that. I’m better now. Thank you for your concern.” Eunji reassured her, somehow feeling better because of Bora’s presence.


The latter kept observing Eunji as she washed her face again and dried it. 


“That was a beautiful song.” Eunji said, feeling the urge to say that. “It’s not a recorded song right? You guys wrote that, right?” she looked at the girl through the mirror.


“We just took part of writing the lyrics. The two who had actually produced it didn’t perform with us tonight.” the sorrow and sadness were heaving Bora’s tone.


“I hope that you will reunite as soon as possible then.” Eunji stated sincerely.


“Thank you. We’re all hoping so.” she replied with a wide grateful smile.


Bora was busy washing her hands when Eunji finally excused herself to go back in.


“Don’t you want to know the name of the song?” she asked, stopping Eunji on her track.


Bora didn’t wait for her to respond and just kept speaking.


“’Together’. It’s called ‘together’.”


‘It’s called Together… A song dedicated for people dear to our hearts that helped us a lot and always stood by our sides...’


The voice that said those words was coming directly from the depths of Eunji’s mind. It was faint, barely audible, no image connected to it. But it was there nevertheless. And Eunji could guess what it was.


It was part of her memory.





-




It was an eventful night for Eunji that kept her up till the next morning. After her interaction with Bora in the bathroom, Eunj left the pub right away and as soon as she reached the penthouse, she took out her notebook and started writing down the new clues that only added to her suspicion.


- The melody : Together 
- The clique


It was frustrating. Too frustrating. The clues were starting to rain over her, but she just couldn’t find any connection between them. 

The melody that was the only piece of memory that wasn’t erased by the accident turned out to be a song that was partially written by the four idols.

Sungyeol and Sungjong seemed to had always been in contact with her mother. In fact, they treated her like a close friend sometimes. 

There was the possibility that she actually was friends with them before and had written or at least heard them perform that song before, but if that was the case, then why did they never contact her after the accident. Was her mother against their friendship? But she was sure that her mother had called them more than once. 

Eunji pulled her hair in anger. she’d been thinking about it for ours and it felt like turning in circles. Nothing made sense no matter how much she thought about it.


‘I still need to dig deeper I think.’ she decided.


So after calming her mind a little bit and sleeping for a few hours, she went out for a walk, to further clear her mind and plan her next move.


She kept walking aimlessly in her neighborhood and going back to the same pub of last night. But she decided against going in and decided 
to have a late lunch in the restaurant next to it.


The place was cozy and emitted a familiar aura, but again, everything lately seemed to have a familiar aura. There were a few customers inside, the lunch rush way gone. 


Eunji ordered a traditional dish since she’s been her mother’s cooking lately and kept observing her surroundings, her mind drifting to the events of last night once more.


“ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!” a loud yell was heard from a table at the side, tearing her from her thoughts and making her focus her attention on the source of the ruckus, like the rest of the customers.


An obviously furious man was standing, grabbing one of the employees by his collar. 


“Do you know how expensive this jacket is, you ing rat! And you just ruined it with your idiocy! How are you going to repay for your mistake, huh!” the customer, who was clad in a stylish suit, was way taller and bigger than the employee, but most importantly, he looked rich, which wasn’t a very good news for the waiter who had just spilled juice on his jacket.


“Sir, I’m really sorry about your jacket so please let go.” the waiter, who had his back to Eunji, replied with a calm composed tone.


His words only managed to enrage the customer who tightened his hold on the collar. “How dare you! Do you think your apology will be enough? How can you be so rude? where’s your superior? Someone call the owner before I call the police!”


Just then, a furious looking Dongwoo appeared out of nowhere and forcefully made the man let go of the employee. 


“You’re actually speaking with the owner. So be glad he’s not the one calling the police because you attacked him.” 


If looks could kill, than the man could’ve been dead from the second Dongwoo had laid his eyes on him. He looked beyond furious making Eunji wonder about the reason behind it. Not that the situation didn’t anger her, but he seemed too worked out about it.


“And for your information, just because he’s not wearing an expensive outfit, doesn’t mean that he can’t buy everything you own with his pocket money alone, so be careful next time of who you’re dealing with.” Dongwoo ended his warning with a vicious smirk, making the man apologize to the waiter right away, pay his bill and leave.


Sunggyu didn’t like how things turned out. He could’ve handled the situation without attracting too much attention. But thanks to Dongwoo, not only the customers and waiters but even the kitchen workers, Mrs Cha included, were there watching them and ready to attack the man at any second. He hated attention. So he just glared at Dongwoo and left to the back, where the break room was.


‘Great! Now he’s angry!’ Dongwoo sighed.


Sunggyu had warned him more than once not to interfere in such situation, but he just couldn’t witness his brother being mistreated and do nothing about it. Going after him now was useless, he will need a while to calm down first. Plus, seeing Eunji sitting at one of the tables distracted him from what just happened right away.


‘What is she doing here?’ he frowned in confusion. ‘Does that mean they met already? He wouldn’t be that calm if they did though.’


“Can I sit here?” Dongwoo decided to join her. He couldn’t help it, he really wanted to at least have a meal with her.


Eunji was taken aback by the request but nodded with a smile nevertheless. 


“I’m sorry about the way we reacted yesterday. We’ve been over sensitive lately.” he said, once seated.


“It’s okay. You’re probably not used to strangers barging at you like that.” 


“You’re not a stranger though.” Dongwoo almost slapped himself for his tongue slip. “I mean, you’re friends with the boys and I actually had seen a few videos of you.” he finished his words with an awkward smile.


“Weird enough, I had never considered you as strangers either, since the moment I saw you on the news.” she replied sincerely. 


It became awkward when they held gazes for almost a whole minute, with no words said.



“You must know how to handle problematic people.” Eunji broke the silence with her statement. “I’m talking about earlier. With such a glare, you could make anyone believe anything. Even I almost believed you.”


“I wasn’t lying though.” 


Eunji was waiting for him to say that he was kidding, but when his serious expression didn’t waver, she knew he was telling the truth.


“So the waiter from earlier is really the owner?” she raised an eyebrow. “I would’ve never guessed. You must be a regular to know such a piece of information.”


“You can say so. He’s the one that owns the pub next door where the celebration was held yesterday. He has a business partner but he still counts as an owner.”


“Oh.” she nodded in amazement.


“Here’s your order.” a waitress disposed Eunji’s order on the table before turning to Dongwoo.


“The usual?”


“Yeah, I had already told Jin. It’s probably ready by now.” 


“I will go bring it then.” the waitress said but a voice from behind Eunji stopped her.


“No need to. I have Mr Dongwoo’s order right here.” 


‘! I forgot about him.’ Dongwoo internally cursed, his widened eyes looking at his furious brother approaching the table with a tray.


Sunggyu on the other side, was too focused on his fight with his brother to pay attention to the person sitting with Dongwoo. He kind off slammed the two plates on the table, eyes still glaring at his terrorized brother.


“Please, enjoy your meal.” he said between gritted teeth. 


Sunggyu finally broke his gaze away, giving the person sitting with his brother a short gaze that didn’t last more than a crack of second before walking way. It was only a single step though, before his movements came to a halt. He wanted to turn back and check once more who it really was, because at the moment, he didn’t trust his eyes at all. 


His movement this time was slow and hesitant, all anger and confidence flew out of the window.

Dongwoo knew what was going to happen wasn’t going to be good at all. Because as soon as Sunggyu’s eyes landed back on the sitting Eunji, all hell broke loose.






 

I was bored so I thought 'Why not surprise my readers with an update?' so here you are.

What do you think will happen from now on?

I finally decided the total number of chapters, so it's either 36 or 37 with the epilogue included. I have the plot of my next story ready, so if you have any pairing in mind tell me (the male lead needs to be one of Infinite's members ofc) and it's going to be lighter and fluffier (no angst for you ;) )

 

I have an English test tomorrow (what a joke!) i will finish with exams on wednesday so I will probably update again then.

Have  agood week everyone :*