INCONVENIENT TRUTH

Masquerade of the Fallen Angels

 

 

"Eunji, you know that there's no use of glaring at your phone for days. It seems that your boyfriend forgot about you the day he went to LA." Sungjong remarked.


 

"Would you just shut up!" she snapped at him.

 

She had been sitting in the same for hours now, sitting legs crossed on the couch, eyes fixed on her phone that was laid in front of her on the low table. She was afraid to miss his call. Sunggyu didn't call for a whole week and she was too angry to admit that she missed him.

In that week, she came with the conclusion that nothing was as boring as a life without him. It was boring to no end and it made her wonder how she used to spend her time a year ago, when he still didn't invade her life.

The awaited call finally came after she dozed off on the couch. Eunji tried her best to rub the sleep away and look presentable before answering the video call.

 

"Hi there!" Sunggyu's grinning face came in view and she could barely suppress her smile. But no, she had to sulk a little at first.

 

"Oh! Look who it is? The Kim guy finally found time for me and called, I feel fluttered!" she faked a thankful tone.

 

"I knew you'd be like this! I deserve it anyways. I shoud've told you before going camping." he sighed in regret.

 

"Camping? In this weather? With who?" she frowned.

 

"Not that kind of  camping. My mother rented a chalet for us in the mountains, Jonghyun and Heecheul tagged along. There was barely any signal and we just came about an hour ago. I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to make you worry or ignore you, if anything, I miss you so much." he said, pouting cutely and blinking innocently.

 

"Okay! Forgiven, just don't you ever use aigyeo again! It doesn't suit you." she forced a disgusted expression.

 

"So how have you been doing? How's the others? Did you meet with them? What about the team? How's their progress? You didn't do anything stupid in my absence, right?" he asked in one go.

 

"Hey slow down! One question at a time." she raise her arms in defeat. "I barely left the house since you left. The others are doing just fine. We celebrated the new year together and I went to the restaurant with Bora and Krystal yesterday to check on the boys. I didn't go to the team since they barely have any missions in the time being and the progress have been relatively slow. But I did as you asked, I didn't get myself in any trouble."

 

"Good then. I was worried, knowing how danger attract you all the time, whenever you are." 

 

"I've never been arrested at least." she smiled evilly.

 

"For your information, I've never felt ashamed for getting arrested." he replied proudly, crossing his arms.

 

"Shameless bastard!" Sunggyu's head was suddenly smacked from behind.

 

"MOM!" he whined, rubbing the back of his head, making Eunji laugh mockingly at him.

 

"Did you get a little bit of your senses back or do you need another hit?" his mother said sternly.

 

"Mom, please stop, you're embarrassing me!" he pleaded.

 

"Why? Who are you speaking to? Is it your girlfriend? Let me see her!"

 

Before he could even protest, the phone got snatched from his hands and his mother took over the phone call.

Eunji was shocked at first, blinking helplessly for a few seconds before she snapped from her trance and bowed her head a little, as a greeting.

 

"H-hello Mrs. Lee. I'm Jung Eunji." 

 

"Waah Sunggyu! She's really beautiful." the woman squealed in amazement. "Nice to meet you Eunji-ah. Sunggyu told me a lot about you."

 

"Nice to meet you too Mrs. Lee." the girl smiled back.

 

"Please call me mom. I don't like to be formal, plus you're considered as part of the family now, right Sunggyu?" the said boy just whined again in the background.

 

"Yes, M-mom." her smile widened after the word left her lips for the first time.

Something about the woman was very warm and encouraging. And coming to think of it, Eunji never called someone 'mom' before. She has always used 'mother' with Mrs. Kim since it was more formal.

 

"I hope this kid is not giving you any hard time! If he does, just tell me and I'll teach him a lesson." Mrs. Lee smirked, but there was nothing threatening or evil in her expression.

 

"He's still behaving in the mean time, but I won't hesitate to alert you when he gets off track." Eunji replied with a similar smirk.

 

"OHHH! I like you young lady! You have a strong personality I see." Sunggyu dear, she's the real deal! the woman raised a thumb up to her son.

 

"Are you conspiring against me right now? And I thought you both love me!" Sunggyu's face came back on the screen with a disapproving expression.

 

"Oh my big baby is sulking!" she pinched one of his cheeks. 

 

"Mooom! At least not in front of my girlfriend!" Sunggyu protested.

 

"Okay okay, I'll leave you alone. You probably miss each other by now. I'll see you again, Eunji-ah!" Mrs. Lee waved at her.

 

"Good bye, mom. I hope we can meet in person one day." 

 

"Well that was embarrassing." the teenager said after his mother had left.

 

"Why~?! She's really nice and cool! I wish that my mother was like that!" Eunji quickly clapped a hand over , realizing what she had just said. "I shouldn't be bringing her up when the mood is this bright, sorry." 

 

"What are you apologizing for? It's just normal to wish for something like this." he smiled reassuringly. 

 

"So, did you miss me?" he quickly changed the topic.

 

"NO!" she firmly shook her head. 

 

"No? Then I better hang on, I don't want you to waist your time speaking to someone you didn't miss."

 

"WAIT!" she raised her hands in protest. "Maybe a little?"

 

"A little, huh? Do you think that'll make me stay?"

 

"Okay I give up! I miss you a lot and it feels like hell without you in here. I can't figure the meaning of life anymore. Satisfied?" she said dramatically.

 

"Very! I should've recorded it and blackmail you with it later!" he wiggled his eyebrows playfully.

 

"I hate you so much!" she rolled her eyes.   

 

"Oh please, you love me as much as I love you." he winked. And she couldn't help but smile in defeat since it wasn't a lie after all.



-

 

Jonghyun and Heecheul had a packed schedule for Sunggyu. They had plenty of activities planned for his short stay, they even forced him to perform with them for a few times. Sunggyu found himself going back to the wild rhythm he used to have before leaving.
 


 

But for once, he didn't seem to enjoy it as before. Deep inside, he kept imagining how it could've been if the gang was with them when. How would Myungsoo get easily drunk, how Sungyeol would be too hyped and start doing embarrassing thing, how Bora would keep yelling at them but take advantage of their tipsiness in pranking them, how Krystal would own the dance floor with her divaness, or how would Eunji stay by his side, dancing and drinking with him. 

Without them, it felt kind of empty.


 


 

"You're not going out with the guys tonight?" Mrs. Lee asked when she saw her son laying lazily on the couch, watching an old movie. A rare sight, since her son was mostly out at night.

 

"I don't feel like it. I just wanna stay home."

 

"Well, that's new. And may I know why is that?" she sat next to him.

 

"Let's just say I changed." he crawled a little bit to lay his head on her thigh.

 

"If I knew that Korea would change you that much, I would've sent you there long time ago." she started caressing his hair.

 

"Oh please mom, the only thing stopping you from going back home is your fear of me getting depressed again."

 

"Well, that's kind of true."

 

"Then why did you insist on sending me back last year?" 

 

"I wanted to give it a try. I thought you wouldn't last more than a month. But look at you, more than ready to finish your second year in there."

 

"The rest of my life if I want." he looked up to his mother, who gave him a questioning look.
 

"I think I'm ready to settle there, mom."

 

the hand in his hair stopped their ministration for a while. "Are you aware of what you're saying?" 

 

"Yes, I wanted to discuss this with you for a while now." he replied, sitting up.

"I came to realize that in a less than a year, many trustworthy people came into my life and I achieved a lot of things I never thought I was able to do. I even visited Mingyu. If I come back in here after finishing high school, I'll be leaving a big part of my life in there." 

 

While he was talking, a proud smile was formed on his mother's lips and her yes got teary.

"My baby has became a grown up." that's all she had said before hugging her son. "I'm so happy I'm finally hearing this words coming from you!" 

 

"But mom. I need you by my side, I don't wanna live with him anymore." he broke from the hug.

 

"Of course I'll come with you! But next year. I still have things I want to do."

 

Sunggyu looked questionably at her.

 

"I'm volunteering with the red cross. Since I won't have any reason to stay in here, I want to travel with them and help the people suffering in excluded areas. That's the least I can do as a doctor. So, can you endure it for another year?" 

 

"Of course I can! Mom, I'm so proud of you. Plus, this could be your last chance, since you're getting old and all." he , gaining a slap on his shoukder.

 

"You little bastard! I'm not even fifty yet!" she protested.

 

"Mom. That's what you tell a man on your first date, not your son. And watch your language, please." he said with a fake serious tone.

 

"I'm so done with you. Just keep watching the TV. I'm going to sleep." she raised to leave.

 

"Sleep?! But it's still early! Oh, I forgot, you're too old to stay awake for late." a flying pillow shut him right away.


 

Sunggyu didn't hesitate to call Eunji at the spot, not caring about the time difference.

 

Guess who's going to permanently move to Korea?” he said as soon as she answered the call, but Eunji wasn't the one who answered.

 

Don't tell me it's you.”

 

Sunggyu rolled his eyes at Sungjong's sassy reply. “Yes it's me. Where's Eunji?”

 

Mom said yes?!” the said girl snatched the phone from the eldest hand. “Sungjong I think I warned you before about picking my phone for me!” she glare at him before going back to smiling to Sunggyu.

 

Yes she did. She liked the idea a lot.”

 

Well that's relieving.” she released a sigh. “We all were afraid that she will oppose the idea. The others will be thrilled to hear about this!” she said in excitement.

 

Only the others?” he pouted.

 

Especially me. I'm devastated.” she smiled fondly, causing Sungjong to gag at her side.

 

During the call, Sunggyu received a text message, one that we've been waiting for a while.

Eunji caught the change in his expression. “Is everything okay?”

 

Yeah. I think I need to go. Henry hyung needs me to run an errad for him. I'll talk to you later.” he hang up quickly, not leaving her a chance to ask any fruther questions.

 

But it's past midnight in their.” Eunji mumbled dissapointedly to the dark screen.


 

As quietly as he could, Sunggyu put on his coat and shoes and left the apartment.

 

 

"You're fast." said Henry as he opened the door for the teenage boy, inviting him in.

 

"I was home and I had nothing to do." Sunggyu replied coolly, trying his best to hide his nervousness.

 

"Yeah sure." the young doctor reached for his brief case, taking out a big white envelope. Here, this came out today. he handed the envelope to the boy sitting across him.
 

But even when Sunggyu was pulling at it, Henry didn't anywhere near letting go of it.

 

"Are you sure this will only bring good news to your friend? No matter what the results are?" he asked hesitantly.

 

"That's what he said and I decided to trust him. He really wanted it and I couldn't say no." the younger lied.

 

"And I will trust your words for now." he finally let go. 

 

Sunggyu looked thoughtfully at the envelope for a while. "You didn't tell my mother, right?"

 

"You wanted it to be a secret after all."

 

"My friend wanted it to be as confidential as possible, but knowing mom, she'd insist on knowing everything." he lied again. "Thank you hyung, for everything."

 

 

-

 

 

As soon as he got back home, Sunggyu went running to his room, locking the door. But instead of opening the file right away, he spent two good hours nervously spacing around the room. 

 

'What if I just burn it or throw it away? I won't regret doing that, right?'

'But you need to see the results! Think for all the trouble you had to go through to finally have it!'

'Let's just pretend I did nothing and get rid of it. Woohyun's a big liar anyways. The results can confirm that!'

'But you won't know unless you see them. You won't be at peace if you just throw it away like that.  You'll always be at doubt.'

 

Sunggyu finally stopped in front of the envelope.

 

"That's right Sunggyu, let's just get over with it!" he encouraged himself.

 

Determined, he opened the envelope and took out the sole three papers that were inside of it. How much he regretted doing so.

 

Reading a few words was more than enough to make the papers feel like burning in his hands, as if he was holding hot metal. His whole body started trembling so badly and his legs started wobbling. He kept reading nevertheless. His legs finally gave up and his hands had let go of the papers, and gripped harshly on his hair.

 

'Woohyun words were true.'

 

As that realization, his whole world came crumbling on him.

His life, his happiness and sadness, his memories, the people around him, everything suddenly felt so meaningless, so cruel

 

He was shivering and his tears were endless. A huge feeling of pain and despite filled his insides and took over his body. He could've never imagined that he had the power to hate someone as much as he hated that person at that moment.

 

And that person was himself.

 

Kim Sunggyu.

 

 

He didn't notice how much he spent sitting in that position on the ground, but when he heard his mother's room open, he knew that she was awake and he had to get his composure back, unless he wanted to be caught in that position.
Despite his sore muscles, Sunggyu had managed to unlock his room's door before jumping in bed with the papers in hand and pretending to be asleep. His mother had a habit of checking on him before going to work everyday.

 

When she left, he allowed himself to open his eyes again. He had opened the drawer of his night stand and slided the cursed papers in it. As he did so, he hand came in contact with the ipod Eunji gifted him.

 

'Which one should I listen to?' he wondered, turning it on. He decided to go with the 'When you're sad' one.

 

'If you're listening to this that means that you're sad.' Eunji's soft voice came out of the ear buds. 'I won't ask why since I won't get any answers, but i'll tell you this. No matter how hard it as and no matter how big your problem is, it will pass. Nothing lasts and so do hard times. It will be okay, I promise, you just have to believe in yourself and keep going strong, like the Kim Sunggyu I know.'

 

Sunggyu could imagine the smile she had while recording that, and it only brought fresh tears to his eyes.

 

'I will gift this song to you to cheer you up. Kim Sunggyu, fighting!' after that, a soft melody started playing and Sunggyu recognized the song right away. It was Coldpaly's 'Fix you'.


Maybe because her voice so soothing or maybe because he was just exhausted, but few minutes later, he fell into deep slumber.

It was a dreamless sleep that lasted for more than ten hours, the only thing waking him up was his phone's annoying ringing.

 

"YAH! You really aren't coming today too? What happened to you Gyu?!" Heecheul's angry voice made him flinch.

 

"Come? To where?" he asked clueless.

 

"What's with your voice? You're asleep right? Wah! You're abandoning us for a few hours of sleep. Listen! You have an hour, if you don't show up at Wang's party I'll come and drag you out of bed! Got that?!" and the line got cut.

 

"Wang's party? Was it for today?" Sunggyu laid back in bed, growling.

 

His head was throbbing so badly and he felt dizzy, but it was nothing compared to the pain in his chest. He felt his eyes getting glassy when the memory of last night came back to him.

 

'I wish I cool forget everything.'

 

It took Sunggyu a long cold shower, a lot of foundation and a good outfit to look presentable for the party, not like a corpse that better be driven to the hospital.

 

The villa where the party took place was packed with people he didn't know. They were all drinking, some of them already drunk although it was still early. When he didn't' find his friends inside, he went to the pool, where more people were having the time of their life.

 

"Look who finally honored us and came!" Jonghyun slang an arm on his shoulder.

 

"Don't be harsh on my baby, he looks tired." Heecheul kept studying Sunggyu's face, catching up with the grim expression on it.

 

"I'm thirsty, where are the drinks?" the teenager shrugged Jonghyun's arm off.

 

"By the bar inside." the eldest pointed to the glass door at the side.

 

Without adding a word, Sunggyu walked to the bar and took a seat by it, ordering a strong cocktail he never dared to taste before. Many other strong drinks followed that one, and Sunggyu got wasted in less that an hour. 

 

 

"He has never drank that much." Heecheul looked worriedly at his sleeping friend. 

 

Jonghyun tried waking him off by shaking him, but it didn't budge.

 

"We can't take him home in this state, he's reeking and his mother would castrate us if she saw him like this." Heecheul said fearfully.

 

"It's still not midnight yet, let's take him to my apartment, we'll take him home when he sobers up."

 

"Did someone say home?" a very drunk Sunggyu shot his head up, a stupid smile on his face. "Do you guys know where my home is?" he pointed at them. "Because I don't know!" he giggled.
 

"I don't think I have a home either. People like me, don't have homes, and don't deserve one." his expression darkened. 

 

"Let's go Gyu, you're drunk!" Heecheul put a hand around his friend's waist to help him stand, but the younger wasn't complying with him.

 

"Do you guys want to take me in with you? I don't wanna end up in the streets!" his eyes got teary and he gave them a pitiful look. "When I end up with no one by my side, you need to be there for me, okay?"

 

"Sunggyu what's wrong with you? Enough nonsense talking and let's go!" Jonghyun yelled.

 

"NO YOU NEED TO PROMISE ME!" Sunggyu snapped, before his expression went back to being sad and he hugged his body. "I'm really afraid, I don't wanna hurt anyone but I don't wanna be alone either." he lowered his head.

 

"Okay Sunggyu we promise. We won't leave you alone, so let's go and talk at home, okay?" Heecheul spoke with a tender tone, as if he was dealing with a three years kid and magically, Sunggyu stood up and let him guide him out of the villa. The two friend just exchanged a confused look.        

 

 

The ride to Jonghyun's house was no less weird. The teenage boy kept saying weird things.

 

"Guys, am I selfish? Am I wishing for the impossible? Should I just let it go or should I take actions? What decision would be the best? What decision will cause less pain for them?" he kept asking those weird questions while he was looking out of the window, enjoying the sensation of the night air hitting his face.

 

"Should you be the one taking the decision? Can't someone else do it or at least help you?" Heecheul who had been observing his friend the whole night, asked.

 

"Only I know the truth, and I can't tell anyone about it."

 

"Then just keep it hidden and forget about it. If it's dangerous that it should stay buried." Jonghyun commented recklessly.

 

"I can do so. But that means that some will suffer more if it stays this way."

 

"And if it gets revealed?"

 

"Their suffering will lessen."

 

"What about you?"

 

"The opposite effect."

 

"Then just hide it." Heecheul glared at Jonghyun's careless answer.

 

"I don't think I can live with the guilt of hurting people I love to protect my happiness."

 

"But you can't sacrifice yours for them either. You're human too and you need to be happy too."

 

"I had enough happiness to this point, it's time to give it back." 

 

Silence fell again on the car. The two boys in the front didn't now how to answer to that. Their friend was obviously in a desperate state but herefused to enlighten them on what was happening with him and they were really worried for him.


 

Sunggyu didn't talk again after that. As soon as they reached Jonghyun's place, he went to take a shower to wash away the alcohol's smell off his body, after he had thrown his guts up.

'Drinking on an empty stomach is never a good idea.' he noted to himself.


 

After the shower, he spent a few minutes staring at his reflection in the bathroom's mirror.

'Sunggyu, you can weaken now. But once you go back, you need to throw away all of your weaknesses and fears. It's time to man-up.' his fingers found the key at the end of his pendant. 'Do it for the sake of your beloved ones.'


 

 

 


 

February, 2009


 

Cha Hakyeon still remembered how a year ago he had to stand in the airport with a headboard of an unknown's name on it. 
But this year it was different. He wasn't nervous and he wasn't there because his boss asked him to. In contrary, he was the one who asked his Mr. Kim to let him come to the airport and he was excited to see his young friend after a while. 


 

But he was sure that Sunggyu won't be as glad to see him as when he sees the rather impatient girl that was standing next to him, or the four excited teenagers by the van he had to rent to bring them all.

Sunggyu walked out of terminal with heavy steps. 'I'm finally back.' he sighed. He didn't want to come back for a certain reason, but he had to solve everything. 

 

His thoughts were cut short with a loud cheerful call of his name. When he looked to the source of the voice, all his concerns magically vanished and a longing bright smile took over his dark expression.
He fastened his steps and the girl did the same. How he wished he could just fly at that moment. The few meters separating them felt like oceans and mountains. 


 

And finally he reached her, their bodies came crushing together, all his luggage abandoned to the ground. He took a good inhale of her scent, lifting her of the ground and spinning her around, making her squeal in protest.
Finally, he let her go to get a good look of her face. 

Eunji's face was brighter than ever, eyes shining with unshed tears and lips stretching in a toothy smile.

 

Sunggyu was about to open his mouth when she put a finger to his lips. "I wanna say it first." 

She cupped his face and tiptoed to reach his nose, pecking it slightly. "I miss you." then she dropped another peck on his lips. "I love you."

 

Sunggyu was still recovering from the amount of boldness coming from his girlfriend. It caused him dilemma. It made him feel like the most loved person on earth, his heart doubling in size hundreds of time, but so did the pain. The pain of guilt. But he promised himself to not let it show, concealing it with a wider smile and replying with the same words, even though it only added to the striking pain in his chest.

 

Someone's clearing his throat made Sunggyu break the long eye contact he was having with his lover.

 

"HYUNG"! the teenage gave a side hug to Hakyeon. "You came this year too!"

 

"Yeah! I assumed that you'd need a ride." 

 

Another surprise was waiting for him outside the airport. Four crazy figures were waiting by a black van, holding a big banner saying 'WELCOME BACK GYU!' with few hearts and his face plastered at the side. 

 

Sunggyu started walking at the opposite direction the time his eyes landed on them.  "I don't know them! And I'm going back! "

 

But before he could get any further, all four started running after him and tackled him in a bone crushing group hug. It was useless for him to struggle any further and just enjoyed the moment, even if it was embarrassing as hell.

 

"Guys don't forget, you're all invited for dinner at my house." Hakyeon announced in the middle of the drive.

 

"You're mother was discharged, right?" Sunggyu asked.

 

"Yes, since last month, but we've been waiting for you to celebrate it. She prepared a feast for you!" 

 

They all cheered at the mention of food.

 

"I'll come to pick all of you, since we already have the van and you'll probably get lost on your way."

 

"We're not that stupid." Sungyeol protested.

 

"Said the one who spent the three first weeks of middle school memorizing his way." Bora commented.

 

"Why? Wasn't it the one in his neighborhood?" Myungsoo wondered.

 

"It was. A less than five-minute walk from his house." Bora's reply made everyone shake with laughter, expect for the lanky one.
 

 

-

 


 

"Oh Hakyeon, you came!" a petite woman in her late forties at max came to greet the man at the entrance of the house. "You brought them?" she asked her son with shining excited eyes.

He nodded, gesturing with his head to the bunch of teenagers entering the house after him. They entered one by one, introducing themselves and congratulating the woman for her recovery, each giving her a gift. The woman gave a hug to each of them, amazed by their well manners.

 

"And you must be Kim Sunggyu!" she said, as the said boy came in at last.

 

Sunggyu bowed then handed the woman a huge flower bouquet. 

 

"Congratulation on your recovery. I'm sorry I couldn't come and visit you at the hospital before, but I'm glad that we're finally meeting." he smiled genuinely. The woman took both his hands in hers.

 

"I'm glad to finally meet my life savior!" the woman was tearing up already. "I could've been dead if it wasn't for you. Thank you son, really thank you!" she then engulfed him in a hug.

 

Sunggyu kept tapping on the woman's back comfortingly. "And I'm glad that you're healthy now. You should take good care of your health from now on."

 

Mrs. Cha smiled at him warningly. "Hakyeon told me that you love home-made food. I prepared a lot of food for you, please eat a lot." 

 

"You shouldn't have gone through all that trouble. Thank you so much, Mrs-" the woman raised an index, stopping him mid-sentence.

 

"That's mom, for all of you. I don't mind having a few extra children. Now come in, the food is waiting."

 

She gestured for them to follow her to the back veranda.

 

Hakyeon's house was what Sunggyu would call a family house, unlike the empty penthouse he was living at.

 

It wasn't big but cozy and well decorated. Dozens of family pictures were hanged on the walls or were standing on the shelves, and the smell of food was floating around the house deliciously. 
There was many people invited; relatives, neighbors and friends. The veranda was filled with people's laughter and light chats. 

 

"The food is really delicious! Yah hyung! Is your mother a professional cook or what?" Sungyeol asked, stuffing his mouth with another dumpling.

 

"She used to be a cook at a restaurant before but because of her illness she had to stop. She still wants to open her own restaurant though." the elder explained.

 

"She really should! It will be really successful." Myungsoo raised two thumbs up.

 

"Why aren't you eating? You don't like it?" Hakyeon questioned Sunggyu, who was still at his first plate.

 

"The food is perfect hyung. I'm just still jet lagged, that's all." Sunggyu reassured him.

 

"We can go home if you don't feel well. I can call Sungjong to drive us." Eunji suggested with a similar worried expression as Hakyeon.

 

"Nah, I'm fine." he replied, all focused on the food in front of him, not paying her a proper look.

 

"But it's really nice in here. The neighborhood is calm, the house is really cozy and your whole family live close by. Must be nice. I envy you." he continued, his words directed to Hakyeon.

 

"You can say so. It's always hectic and our house is almost never empty. But you don't have to be envious. Maybe you don't have many relatives, but you have a precious family as well." 

 

Sunggyu almost scoffed if not for the elder's next words.

 

"Not a blood-related family." all eyes turned to him, asking him for further explanations.

 

"You created your own family with the bond that you have between you. It's really amazing how close you got in a short time. Maybe you can't see it clearly now, but I can tell that such a relationship is unbreakable." He gestured to the group of friends sitting around the table.

 

Smiles crept to their lips as they realized what he meant. Bora raised her glass. 
"Then cheers to our family." everyone joined her in clacking their glasses together, loud cheers erupting from them.

 

Only Sunggyu seemed into deep thoughts.

 

'Will they be my family till the end?' 

 

-

 

It was a sunny day but Myungsoo felt that the sun was just mocking him. It was his mother's memorial and he had to do his duties as a son. So he wore his black suit and went to the place where he spread her ashes twelve years ago. 

It was cruel, he thought, for him to spread tit in a kids' playground. But not as cruel as his brother who left him there on a snowing day. It was the spot where he lost the meaning of a real family.

The flower bouquet wasn't the only thing he had with him that day. Few days earlier, he received an electronic from an anonymous sender. Well not for too long, he was expecting to reveal his identity in a few hours at max. and that was what happened.

 

After dropping the bouquet on a swing, he hid himself behind a few trees, close enough from the abandoned kids' playground to see if anyone came.

 

Not two hours passed and someone in a black suit came to the spot, putting a bouquet next to Myungsoo's, than he sat on the other one.

 

He was lost in his thoughts, eyes fixed on the dirt under his feet, until a voice spoke up from his side.

 

"It was you. My guess was right after all. Kim Howon."



 


 

Things are going downhill starting now :/

I had a hard time writing this chapter. This story has been planned a long time ago except for this part, the transition from the fluff to the action and angst. so I had to plan everything and organize my thoughts to keep the logical course of events.

I noticed that the response for the last two chapters wasn't that good. I lost some (if not many) readers so I assume that the previous chapters were dissapointing and I don't blame them. It was a mess. But I promised myself to keep going and finish this story even if I had one reader left :)

 

Thank you for reading my story and supporting me, I appreciate all of it, even if you're a silent reader <3 

See you on the next chapter (I hope it will be better than this one ). Have a good day/night everyone :****