WHITE CONFESSION

Masquerade of the Fallen Angels

 

 

 

*WARNING: A lot of hugs!*

 

 

"What is that you want to tell me?"


"M-myungsoo." Sunggyu stuttered. The last thing he wanted was for Myungsoo to hear their talk.

 

The air in the narrow hallway was getting thicker, Sunggyu and Eunji getting nervous with every passing second.

 

"What truth are you hiding from me?" Myungsoo asked again. But the two stayed silent, not saying a single world and avoiding his gaze. 

 

"Seeing how serious you two look, I can guess that it's something that has to do with my family, right?" His guess was proved right when their heads snapped towards him and their frowns deepened.

 

In the meanwhile, Bora, Sungyeol and Krystal were searching for them so they all could leave, since their time was up. The three ended up joining the others in the hallway, catching up with the dark atmosphere.

 

"By any chance, do you know who my brother is?" 

 

Myungsoo's question made the new arrivals' expressions go from extreme confusion to extreme shock.

 

Eunji sighed deeply before she spoke. "Yes. We do know who he is." she replied calmly. 

 

"H-how d-did you-?" Mungsoo started shaking slightly.

 

"It was by pure accidence, I swear!" Sunggyu insisted. "We were too shocked and we didn't want to stress you out." 

 

Myungsoo nodded slightly, gulping hardly. "W-who I-I-s h-he?"

 

"Do you really think you're ready? We can tell you sometime later." Sunggyu looked at his distressed friend with a lot of concern.

 

"You're right! Don't tell me! I don't want to know! It won't change anything, I'll still hate him anyways!" he ranted, nervousness all obvious in his voice.


He didn't leave them any chance to talk further and left in a rush with Krystal on his tail. When the latter noticed that he had calmed down on their way home, she took it as her cue to start talking.

 

"That was unexpected, right?" 

 

"Yeah." he nodded, eyes still focused on the way ahead of them.

 

"Do you really not want to know who is he?" she demanded.

He shook his head fervently. "Of course I want to know. But I'm not ready and I don't know what to do afterwards. But mostly, I'm afraid of getting weak and forgiving him." he confessed.

 

Krystal hummed. "But it's not a competition. You can't decide your reaction when you don't even know what really happened. Maybe he deserve to be forgiven."

 

Myungso stopped on his track, and she knew she made him furious. "That choice was eliminated five years ago. He should've came to meet me when he first found me. But he didn't." he replied firmly.

 

"Maybe he had his reasons. It's been twelve years. Too many things could've happened in those years. There must be something holding him back, don't you think?" 

 

"But I don't wanna think like that, I don't wanna make excuses for him to be disappointed later." he resumed walking.

 

"I don't want that to happen too, but I hate seeing you torn out like this." she pouted.

 

"Then let's stop speaking about it. he threw his hand over her shoulder. I don't like this serious side of you. The time will come for this matter to be settled, let's just enjoy the rest of our day, or night. Wanna go for a midnight snack?" he suggested with a wide smile, dimple showing.

 

"You know I can't say no to such invitation!" she mirrored his smile. "I want ice cream!"

 

"Then we need to catch the nearest ice cream shop before it closes!!"

 

They started running together, hand in hand and laughing like two crazy people. 

 

 

-

 

 


The two weeks before Christmas were extremely boring for Sunggyu's liking. It was very cold and he felt too lazy to do anything since his friends were all busy.

Myungsoo and Sungyeol would spend their days at the restaurant. As for the girls, they always had things to do, shopping, working out, going to spa or beauty salons... Thanks to that, he barely had time to spend with Eunji anymore.

Sunggyu was kind of happy to see her spend her time the way normally girls her age did, away from the stress of having a sadistic mother and a selfish father. And they didn't go out for missions again, though they still attended a few meetings. But he still went to the base to check on the team alone and for many times.

 

He was glad to know that the bugging devices he planted in Mr. Kim's car and office were still there, and that they helped the team so much. In a short time, they were able to record a big number of records of her dirty deals, the way she'd threaten smaller companies' CEOs to do things her way.

 

Scary was a little word to subscribe it. The woman's voice was always hunting Sunggyu.

 

'You have two lovely sons don't you?'

'I heard your mother is having a heart problem, poor woman.'

'Your wife is in China right now, it would be too unfortunate for her to die there.' and the list goes on.

 

He could imagine how she threatened his father years ago. It was inhuman.

 

Woohyun didn't lie when he told him about her method. She threatens everyone who refuses to follow her ways and if they still insist, she'd proceed with harming anything or anyone dear to them. 

Everything she did was illegal from head to core. But her methods made it impossible for her to get caught.

Most the companies she dealt with would sign two contracts, a real one and a fake one. The fake one will be put for everyone to see, the conditions and deals were all legal. The real one, on the other hand, is illegal and would be stocked in her safe, away from anyone's reach. The problem was, that no one knew were that safe was nor its password. That was the thing that paralyzed the team from making their last move. 

 

Sunggyu hoped to be able to find it as soon as possible and put that woman behind the bars. But whenever he though about it, his mind will get him back to Woohyun's words. He was still not over what he told him, but he managed to push it to the back of his mind for the time being.

 

"Taeil hyung, can I see Woohyun's file?" he asked the hacker, who was busy tapping something on his computer.

 

"Yeah sure. The main closet, second drawer, the files are in alphabetic order." Taeil answered, eyes never leaving the screen.

 

Sunggyu followed the hacker's words and quickly the rather fat file. It had everything about the guy, from his childhood to his daily routine. Just as he was told earlier, Woohyun was under a 24/7 watch.
It took him about an hour to reach the most recent reports, and a certain detail caught his attention right away. He kept flipping for a few other seconds, eyes widening and frown deepening in the process.

 

"Why did Hoya and Woohyun meet recently?" he demanded.

 

"I don't know. I find it suspicious too." Taeil looked at him. "According to my men, their meeting was far from being formal. Just casual clothing, a little bar and no papers involved. They just talked for a while before parting ways." he explained.

 

"Are you sure this was their sole meeting?" Sunggyu wanted to make sure.

 

"They meet a lot for work. But they've been classmates during college. So they're not totally strangers, there's a big probability that they're friends."

 

"I don't think it was an innocent meeting. And they probably know that they've been followed." Sunggyu pursed his lips. "So the question is, what kind of deal is there between the two of them?" Sunggyu fisted his hands.

 

'Bastards! They played me! Sunggyu, you're a ing idiot to believe them!' he inner cursed himself.

 

 

-

 

 

Myungsoo was diligently serving the restaurant's customers, taking orders and serving food as usual. The place was more crowded since it was the Christmas season. 

He sighed heavily when he saw Sungyeol being scolded by the restaurant's manager for messing up. In fact, Sungyeol wasn't clumsy or anything, but it was thanks to one nightmare that was following them everywhere, going by the name of 'Doojoon'. The latter somehow heard that they were working there and decided to release his dose of bullying on them and all of the restaurant's staff.

 

"! I swear if I see that bastard in here again I'm going to punch him! Doesn't he have anyone else to bully?" Sungyeol kept complaining in the kitchen, taking one of the orders from the sous-chef.

 

"Myungsoo, do you want to be the one to serve the ?" the chef, Jin, asked him politely, emphasizing the last word. "This is the third time he changes his order, and you're the only one who doesn't seem so fazed of him. He's driving me crazy too."

 

"It's okay, I'll do it. Might be the one punching him this time if he dares complaining about his order." he smirked, taking the dishes from Jin who gave him an encouraging look. 

 


"Here's your order." Myungsoo almost threw the plates on the table if he didn't have a tough self-control. 

 

"What's with the scowl? Is that how you treat your customers in here? Do you want me to tell the person in control?" Doojoon asked evilly.

 

"I was just showing you how welcomed you're in here. If you feel offended that mean my message has reached you, customer." Myungsoo responded with a wide innocent smile.

 

Doojoon face darkened, eyes flaming with anger. "I can't accept such a treatment! Call your boss right now!" he raised his voice on purpose, making a few heads turn in their direction.

 

"So that you keep complaining like a five years old kid? Well, this is a restaurant not a kindergarten, and my boss isn't your teacher." Myungsoo replied with a challenging glare.

 

"What did you say you ing orphan?" Doojoon stood up and gripped Myungsoo's collar harshly, fist high, ready to punch him. But the punch was stopped in mid-air by a strong grip. 

 

Surprised, they both looked to their side to find none other than Lee Hoya sending death glares in Doojoon's direction.

 

"What do you think you're doing?" he growled at the bully.

 

Just then, the manager came running, already bowing and apologizing continuously to the customers.

 

"Is this how you treat your customers?" Doojoon demanded.

 

"We're really sorry sir, we will punish him thoroughly!" the man apologized again.

 

"Is this how you treat your employees? You let customers take advantage over them and treat them badly, yet you just apologize and punish the victim?" Hoya yelled at the manager, making the latter's eyes widen.

"I want meet your boss. I know that having customers is important, but the wellbeing of your diligent employees should be put at first, don't you think so?" he continued.

 

"I agree with you sir." all eyes turned to the boss who just got into the scene.

"Young man, do you think that you just tried to abuse a person at their work place and I have the right to sue you. And  I believe this is not your first time." the old man added.

 

Doojoon's eyes widened, while Myungsoo's smirk widened. Sungyeol and the other employees were enjoying the sight too.

 

"If you leave quietly now, I won't take any actions against you. And I expect to never see you again in here unless if you come to apology for the distress you caused." the boss warned him.

 

Doojoon gave everyone a last glare before leaving bitterly, slamming the restaurant's door behind him.

 

"I'm so sorry you had to witness such an inconvenient incident, I hope you enjoy the rest of your dinner. As a recompense, your bills will be decreased by 30% percent." the owner apologized to the other customers.

Then he turned to Hoya."Thank you sir for helping our Myungsoo. I'm amazed that someone as young as you values subordinator more than clients." he tapped his shoulder.

 

"I learnt by watching my experienced elders, like you sir." Hoya bowed respectfully to the man.

 

"Myungsoo, his orders are on the restaurant. You can resume your work. As for you," he turned to the manager. "Follow me, we have a long talk to do." 

 

"We meet again." Hoya said after the two men left.

 

"Yes. Can you follow me please?" Myungsoo coldly guided him to a vacant table.

 

"Thank you for helping me earlier." he bowed politely to the elder.

 

"Ah, it's nothing. That boy deserved a beating, but I didn't want to lose my temper." Hoya smiled warmly.

 

"Here's the menu. I'll come back when you decide what to order." then Myungsoo left quickly, not leaving the chance for Hoya to speak further.

 

'What's with his behavior?' Hoya thought.

 

 

"Myungsoo, looks like you got yourself a guarding angel. If it was me, I would hug than man for kicking that 's !" Ilhoon said as soon as the said guy stepped in the kitchen.

 

"Yeah! If it wasn't for him, you could've been beaten up and fired on top of that!" Sungyeol added.

 

Myungsoo just ignored their words, his mind running miles in a second. "I'm going back to work, and you should do that too! Stop slacking!" he scolded them before going back to take Hoya's order.

 

The elder was still examining the menu, so Myungsoo just stood next to the table waiting for him.

 

"Did you think about my offer?" he asked, eyes still fixed on the menu.

 

"Yeah, and we all agreed we want to graduate high school first."

 

"I understand. Wise choice." Hoya didn't seem offended and just smiled.

 

"May I ask you a question?" Myungsoo said out of nowhere.

 

"Yes, go ahead." 

 

"Why are you doing all this?" 

 

"Doing what?" the elder frowned in confusion.

 

"Being nice to me and my friends." the waiter answered firmly.

 

"I'm not being nice to anyone. That's who I really am. I saw your passion and talent so I wanted to cast you. And I would've helped anyone in your situation earlier." Hoya replied, trying his best to hide the nervousness in his voice. 'Did he find out?'

 

"I see. Then when you came, you didn't know that I work in here?"

 

"Do you think that I'm stalking you? I just came to enjoy a meal, and I'm a regular in fact." Hoya smiled again.

 

It wasn't totally a lie though. But he already knew that his brother was working there at the moment, so the tasty food wasn't his only reason.

 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that. I just wanted to to make sure of something. Can I take your order now?" Myungsoo regained his normal expression.


After he left, Hoya sighed in relief. 'I need to be more careful until it's all settled at least. Woohyun, you better find a way you idiot!' he fisted his hands at the memory of his meeting with the guy.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

Sunggyu was bouncing from a leg to another, blowing hot breath in his both hands. Although he was wearing a thick black coat over his white sweater and a thick red scarf around his neck, the cold still got to him.
The Christmas spirit was everywhere, the streets, the shops, the parks, the restaurants... even people seemed happier and more hyped than usual.

 

"Did you wait for too long?" a familial voice said from behind him.

 

He turned, a smile already making its way to his lips. There stood Eunji looking as beautiful as usual. An oversized red sweater underneath a white coat and the blue scarf secured around her neck as usual. 

 

"You're here." he smiled, handing her the big bouquet of red roses he was hiding behind his back. "For my lovely Eunji." he said with a playful tune, making her chuckle.

 

She took the flowers from him and smiled shyly, bringing them closer to her face, her smile getting wider as the sweet scent hit her nostrils.


Sunggyu couldn't  control himself with such a beautiful sight in front of him, with Eunji's blushing cheeks matching with the flowers and her caramel locks falling over the blue scarf. So he took the little camera from his pocket and snatched a photo.

Eunji's attention got back to him as the sound on the camera clicking. 

 

"Did you just take a picture of me?" she asked in amusement.

 

"A moment like that should be captured and treasured forever." he waited for the little picture come out of the Polaroid.

 

"What did I do to deserve a cheesy boyfriend like you? And why do you have a camera with you?"

 

"You probably saved a country in your previous life to have me. And I borrowed this from Myungsoo. I noticed that we don't have too many pictures together. I want all of our moments to be treasured like this." he explained.

 

"Well that sounds romantic!" she giggled. "But next time don't take it so suddenly! Let's take them together." she hid her face between her hands.

 

"And you say that I'm cheesy!" he smiled nevertheless. "Come on, it's been a long time since we spent quality time together. I can't lose any second of today. Let's enjoy our Christmas together." he wrapped his hand over her shoulder protectively as they made their way to a cozy warm restaurant.


After finishing with their lunch, they went to a very big convenience store. They kept strolling from a shop to another, fooling around and taking tons and tons of pictures. Then they went for ice cream, even though Eunji was against it at first, since it was 'freezing outside'.

 

The date went by fast for both of their likings and soon the sun was setting. Their last station was a park at the center of the city. There was a few people around, but the spot that Sunggyu chose was thankfully deserted. It was in the middle of the park by a big fountain. They sat at the boarder of the fountain.

 

"I wonder how it'll look like when the snow falls. Bet it'll still beautiful." he took the camera and snatched a picture.

 

"Too bad you're not going to be here when it does. You're going to miss a lot of beautiful views."

 

"But I'm going to miss you the most." they locked gazes for a few seconds, before she averted her eyes. 

 

After a long silence, she cleared and turned to him. "Actually there's something I want to tell you." she looked at him with sparkling eyes, making him anticipate. 

 

"W-what is it?"

 

"So as you know, when I touch cold or hot stuff, I can feel their temperature like normal people. But if they're too hot or too cold, I won't feel anything. But lately, the hot coffee mug doesn't just feel like cold porcelain, it started to feel more like warm porcelain." she said the last part with a lot of enthusiasm, but Sunggyu gave her a clueless look, making her sigh.

 

"You see this?" she showed him her pinky, there was a bandaid wrapped around it. "I got this cut when I was peeling an orange yesterday. Usually, I'll only notice such cuts when I see the blood, but yesterday, I felt a ticklish feeling when the knife cut through the skin."

 

Sunggyu's eyes widened in realization. "D-do you mean t-that..." he was a stuttering mess and couldn't finish his sentence.

 

"Yes, I'm healing. My analgesia is finally going away. My sensation for pain is working again. I didn't tell anyone about this yet. You're the first, since it was all than-" her words were cut off as she was engulfed in Sunggyu's warm embrace.

 

"I'm so glad to hear this! Gosh! Why didn't you tell me about this before?" he backed away from the hug, holding her shoulders. 

 

"I thought that I was hallucinating at first. It felt weird. I mean it wasn't just the feeling of pain. There's this giddy warm feeling in my chest that I have whenever I am around you and the others or whenever I'm with Dongwoo and Sungjong. And whenever you talk to me or even look at me I feel my heart getting bigger and warmer, and it starts beating so fast." she put her head over where her heart should be. "Ah and there's this fluttering I feel in my stomach, is that what they call having butterflies, because it definitely feels like that."

 

the way she was speaking was very innocent, like a kid falling in love for the first time. And Sunggyu found that extremely endearing.

 

"Am I getting a second confession or what?" he asked playfully.

 

"I was just expression what I feels for you. But it's okay, let's say I'm confessing again. I love you, idiot!" she gave his lips a quick peck.


"This has to be one of the best moments in my life." he mumbled, hand caressing her left cheek. 

 

Eunji leaned in his touch, smiling widely. They stayed like that for a while, drown into each other's eyes.

Just then, hundreds of little light bulbs lit over the fountain, giving a sparkling aspect to the water. The sight became hundreds of times more beautiful and Sunggyu couldn't help but take another picture of the fountain, this time with both him and Eunji in it.

 

"Okay Christmas gifts time!" he announced after he was done with the picture.

 

She raised an eyebrow in confusion.

 

"Since I'll probably be on the plane in few hours, I can't wait till morning." he explained, making her giggle.

 

"I knew you'd do that. Actually I thought the same. But I'm going to start first. Your gift is probably too perfect and I'm afraid I'll lose confidence if you go first."

 

"Go on, I won't stop you." he giggled at her determined expression.

 

Eunji had smiled nervously before she took out a medium sized red box from her hand bag. She handed him the gift and he opened it right away. Inside of it, there was an ipod laying on a soft layer of pink cotton.

 

"Let's say I half made that, since I obviously can't make an ipod. Now turn it on." she rushed him.

 

Sunggyu did as asked, and a ten-song list appeared. And the thing was that the song's names weren't typical.

'For when you're sad'

'For when you're depressed'

'For when you're lonely'

'For when you're stressed'

'For when you're bored'

'For when you're confused'

'For when you're unmotivated'

'For when you're down'

'For when you miss me'

'Know that I love you'

 

Sunggyu stayed quiet for a while, making her nervous.

 

"I noticed that you were very distracted lately. I don't know why but I have a feeling that'll be the same even at the States, so I made this so it could lift your mood even when I'm not around." she smiled genuinely.

 

He still couldn't find any words to say, so he reached for the ipod's earbuds, but she snapped them away, confusing him.

 

"Rule number 1: you're only allowed to listen to a track when you're in the mood for it. You can't just play them when you want, only when you need to. Okay?"

 

Sunggyu grinned in amusement. "Are there any other rules?"

 

"I don't think so. Ahh! Don't tell anyone about it or let anyone else hear it! That's a warning! I made this for you and only you okay?" she raised a threatening index.

 

As a reply, he enveloped her in another hug.

 

"You're really full of surprises! Thank you. This is the best gift I ever received."

 

"I'm glad you liked it." she smiled, inhaling his scent.

 

"Okay, time for my present." he backed away from the hug. "Close your eyes first." 

 

Eunji did as she was asked. She heard the sound of a box opening and closing.

 

"Don't open them okay?" she heard his voice getting closer to her and felt the scarf being unwrapped from her neck. Seconds later she felt a cold metallic material come in contact with her neck and Sunggyu's warm breath on the side of her face. 

 

'A necklace?' she guessed.

 

"You can open them now."

 

As soon as they opened, her eyes traveled to her chest, where a long pendant was hanged. At the end of the long chain, a white gold heart locket was  dangling. She took the little heart between her fingers, observing its beauty. It had many little stars engraved on it with a bigger one it the middle formed by little blue diamonds.

 

"Sunggyu, this is... This..." Eunji had a hard time forming a coherent sentence.

 

"You can't be surprised yet. I still need to show you the best part. "

 

She looked at him in confusion as he untangled his scarf from his neck, a similar chain coming into view, ending with a little key, with a sole blue diamond on it.

 

"D-does it open?" she asked.

 

"Of course it does. If not, what's the use of this key?" he said, before taking a step closer to her. "And for your information, these were specially made for us, so there's no way to open the locket other than using this key. In other words, your heart is all mine." he whispered the last part with an evil smile.

 

"I don't mind that much, as long as your heart is all mine as well." she smirked in response.

 

He took the heart locker gently from her, inserting the key in the little hole at the side of the locket. A little click was heard and the heart locket opened. Sunggyu left the chance for Eunji to analyze the inside of it.

 

'My heart won't ever change.' was engraved on the left side while 'I love you' was engraved on the right side. The words were decorated with miniscule pink diamonds.

 

"Isn't this where we're supposed to put a picture?" she asked innocently, looking at the right side.

 

"You think that I didn't think about that?" he winked.

 

Sunggyu turned the key for another time and another click sound came from the locket.

What originally was a one-heart heart locket, had opened to two, and now became three hearts. The left one with the engraved words, the center one with one of their pictures and the right one was with their names written together, a little heart shaped pink diamond between them.

 

"Sunggyu this is so beautiful. No beautiful is a small word! It's... It's .  I love it! And I love you even more!" she hugged him, tears already flowing out of her eyes.

 

"Why do I always making you cry?" he asked in amusement, his hand soothingly running over her back.

 

"It's because I'm beyond happy to have you in my life." she mumbled against his coast. 

 

"Me too." he replied with a wide smile.

 

Eunji finally raised her head to meet his gaze, eyes still wet from her previous crying session. 

 

"I love you Kim Sunggyu, like I've never loved anyone before."

 

" And I love too much, it's almost scary, if it wasn't this beautiful." he smiled, carressing her cheeks before he crashed his lips to hers.

 

There, by the side of a huge fountain, under the early night sky, when the first few stars made appearance with the falling of the first snow, Eunji and Sunggyu stood in each other's embrace, enjoying the taste of each other like it was their last day together. 

Maybe they knew that their time was limited.

 

 

 

 

Sunggyu already warned his friends millions of times from coming to the airport, but his warnings fell on deaf ears, as they all was waiting for him in the airport to bid him goodbye.

 

"Guys, I'll be gone for just one month for god's sake! Do you have to be like this?" he glared at his friends who all had sad looks on their faces. He felt like he was a middle aged guy travelling for the first time but his four little kids didn't want to let him go.

 

"Alright! Alright! Just one hug!" he said in defeat, and he regretted his word as soon as they were said when the four teenagers squeezed him between their bodies, saying things like 'We're going to miss you Gyu!' , 'Don't you dare forget us!' and 'Come back to us safely!' 

 

"Y'ALL!!I'm not going to war!!" he pushed them away. "It's time for me to leave!"

 

He then turned to his girlfriend who was alreading giving him longing looks, her fingers nervously playing with the heart locket.  He engulfed her in one last hug.

 

"Be careful when I'm gone and don't do anything stupid behind my back, promise?" She reponded with a nod.

 

"I love you." he whispered one last time before leaving.

 

 

 

 

Sunggyu was squeezed in a tighter hug by his mother as soon as he came out of the terminal.

 

"Oh my baby!! I miss you! I miss you so so so so much!!"

 

"I miss you too. I miss you a whole lot mom!" they were both a crying mess. After all, they had never been parted for that long, so it was really hard for both of them all that time.

 

"You even got taller and more handsome! I can't believe you're the same Sunggyu that left eleven months ago!" she smiled, caressing his hair. "Come on, we have a lot to catch on, and the good part is that I'm on a holiday!" she said, dragging him to her car.

 

Sunggyu kept studying the streets and buildings during their ride home. "Almost nothing changed in here." he commented.

 

"Yeah, it's the same monotonous busy life in here. But I bet it was much more hectic back there for you. Now that you're here, you need to tell me everything by detail. I have a lot of time to listen to you."

 

"Don't worry, mom! I'll satisfy your curiosity once we reach home!" he faked an annoyed tone before it was taken over by a wide smile, but it dissappeared as soon as he put his hand in his pocket. His fingers kept playing with the plastic wrap that Woohyun gave him.

"How's Henry by the way?" he asked.

 

"Still the same hopeless person he was last year. He just moved to the building next door! You can annoy him more now!" she smiled evilly. 

 

"Just perfect!" he faked a smile. 'That will make things less suspecious then.' he thought.

 

Sunggyu slept as soon as he reached the house, to be waken up by his two annoying friends a couple of hours later. And like that, his first day went by between catching up with them and celebrating his arrival by throwing a little party at their appartment. 

 

 

-

 


A wide smile appeared on the just awaken Henry when he saw his young friend on his door step.

 

"Sunggyu! You came back!" he gave the other a welcoming hug before inviting him, not like Sunggyu needed one anyways.

 

"You still wake up late Hyung, don't you?" the younger teased, taking a seat in the living room.

 

"Not like you're any better. I wonder how you could be awake at such an early hour! If you're here for your Christmas or birthday gift then sorry, I didn't buy you any."

 

Henry expected a witty remark from the younger as usual, but Sunggyu replied with a serious tone.

 

"Instead of giving me a gift, I want you to do me a favor." he took four plastic wraps from his pocket and put them on the table.

 

 

 

 

January 2012

 

"What is it Hyung? You've been zooming off since you came." Sunggyu asked Henry, finally making him break from his trance.

 

They were sitting in a dimly lit bar, and the elder have been just looking to his drink for the last ten minutes.

 

"Just thinking." he shrugged him off. 

 

But Sunggyu was still as persistent as ever. "About what?"

 

Henry sighed in defeat. "I've been thinking about three years ago. What if I didn't do that favor for you back then? What if you never knew the truth? How would you be living right now?"

 

"She would be still living in hell while I would just watch without being able to do anything." Sunggyu had answered without a second thought before downing his drink in one shot.

 

"But now, she's living in her heaven while you go back and forth from hell everyday." 

 


 

Another time skip... I don't know if it helps or just make things more complicated for you. BUt don't worry, you'll understand everything when the right time comes ;) 

None of you have a guess about what's going on? feel free to tell me in the comments sections!

Anyways, the romance and the cringe-worthy parts came to an end for now. things are getting more angsty so be prepared.

BTW I've been re-reading the previous chapters and i found a lot of typos and other mistakes that shouldn't be there and I'll go fix them sometime. but for now, please bear with them, since there's always some mistakes that slip under my fingers when I readproof my work.

See you on the next chapter! Au revoir :**