BACK

Masquerade of the Fallen Angels

February, 2008

 

A normal day at Seoul airport, planes departed, others arrived.
The busy passengers were a normal part of the airport's atmosphere, still, the four teenagers who were running like some lunatics, were a rare sight.
The two girls in the front were moving swiftly between the other passengers, each one of them had a backpack .
Meanwhile, the two tall boys in the back were almost indistinguishable under the numerous bags and suitcases they were carrying. And their luggage kept swaying right and left, making them bump into some people.

"Myungsoo ah! Sungyeol-ah! Hurry up guys! we only have 10 minutes left!" one of the girls yelled, checking her watch.

"You two are so slow! We miss the plane and you'll be dead meat!" the blond girl next to her didn't stop when she said that, nor looked to the two struggling boys behind her.

"Ea..sy.. said..th..an..done... t..ry.. run.. ing..hol..ding all.. the..se.. bags..." Sungyeol was out of breath because of all the running he had to do, carrying a huge backpack, two duffle bags and a big pink suitcase.

"Stop complaining ! look at Soo, he's carrying all Krystal's bags and doing just fine."

Sungyeol was about to get back at her but was cut off by Krystal.

"Bora, You can fight later, we're here!" she pointed at a group of students, who were all looking impatient, with a not very pleased young woman.

The four sighed in unison.
"Here we go.." Myungsoo was the first to get near the fuming woman.

"Teacher, we're here."

"You're alive! I thought something extremely bad happened to you to be this late!" the teacher's reply was dripping with sarcasm.

"We're really sorry, Miss Amy, something really inconvenient came up and we .."

"Shhhh..." Miss Amy held her hand up, shutting Bora.
"You know what I hate most in life?"

The four students nodded and spoke in unison. "Waiting for someone in the airport."

"So you do know, but you're 30 minutes late. Why is that?"
The four lowered their heads, looking nervous.

"Miss Lee, you can lecture them later, we have a plane to catch and the two other classes are settled already."
They never felt that relieved to see the vice-headmaster in their lives.

"We still have one missing tho." she replied, looking around hopefully.

"You know she'll never show up. We can't wait any longer."

"Okay then, come on let's go, let's go ! and you .." She rushed the other students but then pointed in the four friends' direction, " I'll deal with you when we get back ."

As soon as she walked away, the trio turned to Sungyeol, who was still catching his breath, sitting on the pink suitcase, and gave him their most threatening looks.

"Come on guys! you know it's not my fault! I even woke you up !"

"And who's fault we overslept?! You tell me!!" Bora nudged his chest with her index harshly.

"Guys, we will talk about it later. We need to keep it low at least." Myungsoo tried to calm her.

"Thank God no one caught us! If our parents know about this, we'll be doomed!" She gave him a last threatening look before following the other students through the terminal.

 


Somewhere else, in another part of the airport, a young tall man in a black suit, holding a board with a name written on it, was waiting for the flight coming from L.A. He had a long time to curse his luck since the flight was delayed for two hours .

When he accepted this job he didn't know he'd be given this kind of task. He never thought that waiting for someone whom he never met before nor knew how he looked like was part of a driver's job, until his boss ordered him to go to the airport to a guest, when he asked for further information he gave him a name, that was it, no more, no less.

Passengers started showing up few minutes after the awated plane landed, all he had to do now was to hold the board higher and, yes, wait for longer.

He tried to guess who he was waiting for, shoving the name in the face of every man coming out from the terminal, gaining weird glances and few insults in English every now and then. Time went on and his target still didn't show up, or maybe he just missed him.

He sighed when he checked the time for the hundredth time. Just when he lifted his eyes he saw a model like figure walking gracefully through the glass doors.

It was of a young man wearing a white shirt slightly tucked in his jeans in the front, with a stylish black blazer, ankle high sneakers and a leather bag hanging over his shoulder.

He had a fair complex, his caramel brown locks were smoothly covering his forehead, while his eyes were hidden behind a pair of black shades.

Overall, the man was handsome and y even without showing much, his presence itself was strong enough to catch the attention of every single person who had the chance to land their eyes on him.

The driver was burning his brain, trying to match this figure with any star he knew. He was young and had always shown interest in the celebrities' world, plus, the mysterious guy's fashion was one of a celebrity. He was still debating with his memory when his center of attention approached him.

"That's me " the stranger's voice broke the driver from his trance but made him confused.

"Huh?" the dump look he gave to the mysterious guy pissed the latter a little bit .

"I told you it's me!" he pointed to the board the assistant was holding, "Kim Sunggyu, I'm Kim Sunggyu!" he said impatiently.

The assistant finally understood and bowed a ninety degree.

"I'm so sorry Sir, I didn't know it's you. I'm Cha Hakyeon, I was sent to you. Please allow me to take your luggage. "

the assistant was about to take the sole suitcase Sunggyu had when the latter pushed him aside.

"I won't die if I carry my luggage by myself, just guide me to the car, will you."

Hakyeon didn't know how to feel about this guy, his tone and choice of words were authoritative but his acts were different. When they reached the black chic car, he put his suitcase in the car's trunk , instead of taking the back seat he took the front seat and opened the door by himself.
The ride was silent and that was something Hakyeon hated. He wanted to turn on the radio but he didn't want to make Sunggyu uncomfortable or piss him off. The best way was to start a conversation.

"You didn't bring a lot of luggage, are you here for a meeting? "

"No, I'm going to stay here until I finish high school, I'll just buy whatever I need from here."
Hakyeon couldn't hide his shock.
"High school?! you mean you're still underage? woow I thought you were a business partner or something! Wait a second, does that mean you're a family member? "

"Bingo! I'm the sole grandson in the whole family." he said with a smirk.

"I so sorry I didn't recognize you! it's my second week working for the chairman and I tend to make a lot of mistakes. You won't fire me right?" the older guy asked with a troubled look.

"What? of course no! why would I do that?! geez dude relax! I was just joking around! " Sunggyu wasn't one to like being treated so highly, he preferred being comfortable around people.

"Listen, I'm not mad at you, just chill and focus on driving, okay? Where are we going anyways? " he forgot to ask about that earlier.

"The family mansion, the chairman gathered all the family members to have a family dinner. " the driver's answer made Sunggyu chuckle.

"You know, you just used the word 'family' three times in a sentence talking about a bunch of people who are far from being a family, how ironic! " his expression became bitter at the thought of his 'family'.

"Well I heard they never did this kind of event, but it seems they did it this time because of you, since you're the grandson. "

"If they're all gathering as you said, we might need a medical crew on standby. You never know what could happen when those crazy people gather, specially when I'm around. "

The driver gasped.

" Is it that bad?!"

" I don't know, I'm just guessing, since it's my first time too, meeting them all together. "

Hakyeon was about to ask more questions, you see he was inexperienced and a little bit nosy, but when Sunggyu the radio and started changing channels he took it as a sign to stop.

"Not bad, who's singing?! " Sunggyu asked while turning up the volume.

"YOU DON'T KNOW BIG BANG?! " Haekyeon has never thought that a Korean person could not know Big Bang, this was a first.

"Obviously I don't! the only Big Bang I know is The Big Bang theory."

"I assume you've been abroad for a long time then. If you're intending to stay in Seoul you should learn a few things about the kpop culture, if you don't wanna be treated as a spy from up there."

"Up there?! ahhh you mean the north! well I'll keep your advice in notice. you seem to know a lot, why don't you help me then?! It seems that it's going to be a long drive anyways and I don't feel like sleeping yet."

"Well I don't mind, actually I like to speak a lot, so if I'm being too much tell me."

And like that they spent the rest of the drive speaking about the music industry and its basics. Haekyeon thought that Sunggyu wasn't as cocky as a chaebol heir or as someone coming from LA should be.

As for Sunggyu, he wanted something to divert his attention from the stress he was having because of the meeting, and the assistant was what he needed, talkative, carefree and nice. Plus, he could make use of what he just learned.

 

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

 


The Kim's mansion came in sight, it was up a hill, the car had to go through an electronic gate first, then a road surrounded with different kind of trees from both sides, before they reached a Victorian house. It wasn't the only building on that property but it was the biggest and the most luxurious one.

A long line of maids and servents was in front of the house, with an old woman on a wheelchair, and a middle aged man, waiting at the door step.

Sunggyu stepped out of the car, not giving the chance to any maid to open the door for him, and then rushed to the old woman, giving her a warm hug "Grandma ~~ I missed you!! " he cried like a baby.

"Aigoo!! my Sunggyu, wow you became so handsome since the last time I've seen you! " the old woman put both her hands on her grandson's shoulders observing him from closer.

"Of course, I took after you after all!"

"You have a good sense also just like me! " they both broke in a fist of giggles ignoring the man standing aside, who was hesitating whether to cut the warm reunion or not.

"Hello father" Sunggyu finally recognised his father's existence, extending his arm for a half hearted handshake, all smiles vanishing from his face.

"Welcome home, son." his father's tone was just as dry.

"You two have a lot of warming up to do, let's just go inside first."

When the three vanished inside the mansion, a loud commotion broke between the maids.

"Yay, is that his son? for real? "

"This is my first time hearing about the grandson! "

"What do you mean by that? he never visited before? " Hakyeon poped up from nowhere between two maids who where gossiping, causing them to jump in surprise.

"No, never. Some servants have been working here for ten years but they never heard about him before, nor met someone who knew him. They said the whole staff changed back then for some reason." one maid answered.

"But he seems close with The Chairwoman ", the other one added.
"That's odd" Hakyeon remarked.
"We're talking about the Kim's here!! everything is odd about them!" after saying that, the two maids left, leaving the assistant as clueless as ever.


Meeting the other family members was no better than meeting his father, the Kims was not you normal house hold.
Kim Young-ae is the only remaining heiress, her husband, who was also her cousin, died a long time ago leaving her with three kids and a great inheritance to deal with.
The eldest son, Kim Kapsu, Sunggyu's father, was a music professor, the second Kim Taewoo, was a very know artist, the youngest, Kim Sungryung, a talented pianist, was married to a business man and they had a 10 years old twin daughters.
In general the family seemed very ordinary, but in reality it was otherwise, the daughter was a little bit crazy, haughty and delusional, the second son became an alcoholic after his wife run away with her lover, and the eldest was much of a robot-like man, as for grandma Kim was really strict and hot tempred, although she had a soft spot for Sunggyu .

The suffocating greetings were over and it was dinner time, everyone gathered around the dining table, having a "family talk", getting to know their guest more .

"Mother always talked about you after every visit, but I wasn't always in my right mind, so I don't remember a thing about it. The last thing I recall about you is when you're mother brought you over to say goodbye before flying to the states. " said Taewoo holding a whine glass.

"That was ten years ago! geez! " Sungryung gave her brother a disgusted look before turning to Sunggyu giving him a very fake smile.

"I heard you were homeschooled for a while, so I assume you didn't finish your music studies, right?"

Sunggyu knew that this question will come up eventually, his mother told him many things about the Kim's, and through the visits his grandma payed him every now and then, he made some conclusions himself. They weren't your typical rich family, that's for sure. The chairwoman was so warm and loving in fact, thus she didn't favor anyone over the other, her legacy was to be divided equally between the three of them when the time comes, her children has never made that matter worth fighting for, instead they were seeking more public acknowledgement and better achievements. It was a family where love and respect for art was in their blood and genes, and Sunggyu was no exception. At that moment, his aunt wanted to find one or two weaknesses to feel more superior, but he wasn't going to let that happen.

"Not really, I received homeschooling only during elementary school, but once I mastered the language I entered a local middle school and took special music classes. I was in an advanced level compared to my age so they put me in an adult class."

His grandmother gave him a proud look when they locked eyes, while his aunt was still searching for a way to bring him down.

"You'are attending an ordinary high school, right? why not an art school?"

"It's not that I didn't give it a thought, but after taking a look at some art schools' programs I didn't find them challenging, whatever they taught I've learned it long ago and was a piece of cake for me. "

"So you decided that a normal school was better?" she kept on with her attack, and Sunggyu, being the eloquent speaker he is, dodged every bomb professionally.

"Not better, but more challenging. Other then music, I've been always good at studying, and during middle school I ranked second among the whole school, so I decided to give it a try. "

"Does that mean you gave up on music?" She asked with a hopeful tone.

"Definitely not, I'm intending to major in music during college. As for the last few years, I stopped taking classes because it was boring having classmates twice and thrice my age, or having private lessons. Instead, I found a better alternative that helped me gain more experience. "

His last words made his father look up from his plate, giving him a don't-you-dare-and-bring-it-up look, while his grandma was anticipating her daughter's reaction when she hears his answer.

"A better alternative? what is it?" she asked dreadly.

"A rock band. " Sunggyu answered firmly. His usually calm father rose from his chair but sat back with a gesture from grandma Kim, his uncle started laughing uncontrollably while his aunt looked surprised and rather confused.
For other people, having a rocker grandson wouldn't be that big of a matter, specially if that family was one of the most contributing families in the art field in the country, but for this family things were different. It was rather rebellious . For them, rock wasn't an art. This point of view didn't apply only for rock but many other styles of music.
Sunggyu knew that for sure but since he had his grandma by his side he didn't mind exposing a little bit of his interests.

" r..rock b...and ?" his aunt stuttered after a long moment of silence.

"Yeah, a rock band, it gave me a better chance to deal with different kind of instruments. Me and my band mates played several gigs and competed in many local competitions, won most of them."

Sunggyu had fun rubbing it in his aunt's face as if it was nothing, while he made it look much more innocent than it is in reality.

"But a rock band, isn't that quite disturbing? I bet it affected you and your bandmates' studies so badly!"

"Well I've always been among the top 3 of my class. Heecheul just got accepted in Disney Inc as an Animation movie's producer and Jonghyun is an art student and he's always been an A+ student, so..."
He shrugged his shoulders while shoving a piece of vegetables in his mouth, pissing his aunt even more.

"We have a cool man in our family, he definitely took after the old woman, I approve! " His uncle had a high five moment with his mother.

"Let's put that aside and talk about the present, do you have a certain high school in mind? " grandma Kim asked.

Sunggyu shrugged "not really, I'm still looking around, mostly I'll be attending a private one."

"Weird, I thought oppa will force you in an art school already, it's unexpected of him leaving it for you to choose. " his aunt said non challently .

"I'm not forcing him, but it's the best for him." his father finally spoke.

"What do you mean? what did you do? Don't tell me you enrolled me in some art school behind my back? " Sunggyu glared at his father.

"Just an audition, nothing much, if you meet with their requirements you'll be accepted."

"It has to meet with my standards first, if else I'm not doing the auditions." He replied calmly.

"Don't worry, it's the best in the whole country, it's the best fit for your level." Kapsu's words gained him a loud gasp from both his siblings and a surprised look from his mother.

"THE BEST!! You're not speaking about Woollim high, right?" Sungryung tried her best to keep her temper in check.

"I AM speaking about Woollim high." Kapsu emphasized.

"Wah! you really are something! I thought that was impossible but you... " Taewoo clapped for his elder brother.

"And when is the audition? " Grandma Kim asked.

"I asked the headmaster for a favor, but it took him awhile to persuade the professors for an audition. They agreed to do it tomorrow morning."

"But will Sunggyu be okay? you don't have much time to prepare. I heard they have high expectations, I've been preparing my daughters for the acceptance auditions for Woollim high since they were three." yes, that's how crazy his aunt was.

"Don't worry about me, I was born ready." he smiled slily just to enrage her more. Seeing his aunt attacking the steak with her fork was more than enough to satisfy him and his father. Sunggyu didn't hate his family members (his father excluded) but their fight for attention was so funny to watch and he wanted to play along, he found this kind of cold wars fun and thrilling.

Fortunately the family gathering ended without any disasters and after biding them goodbye he was in the car's backseat with his father, heading to his place.

"I prepared a room for you with the necessities, you decide what you wanna add and bye it yourself along side with whatever you need . " Kapsu passed his son a black credit card. "Driver Cha will be responsible of your transportation from now on until you get used to the area."

Hakyeon nodded. To be honest he didn't like working under the cold professor, his son was a much more better replacement.

As Sunggyu expected, his father lived in a luxurious skyscraper, the top apartment to be more precise. It was a modern and spacious penthouse.
The second level had two bedrooms, one of them was his father's, an office and a bathroom. Sunggyu wasn't the least interested in going up there again. The first level had everything he needed; his bedroom, a bathroom, the kitchen and a living room, but most importantly, the build in studio. It was a little one but it had all the professional devices and instruments. he could record any song whenever he wanted, he won't be dying from boredom after all.

He was dead tired so he threw himself on the bed and fell into deep slumber, deciding to go shopping after the audition. Oh yeah the audition, he didn't take it seriously to go to the extinct to prepare for it, sleep is more important .

 

 

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

 


Morning came and Sunggyu was now inside the property of Woollim high, it was a school but it didn't look like one, that's the conclusion the half asleep Sunggyu came with since the moment their car surpassed the exterior gates. The vehicle stopped in front of a huge building, the administration building, it wasn't the only one, in fact he could see four buildings other than that one, as huge and luxurious.
The walk to the principal's office was filled with advices from his father but they fell on deaf ears, Sunggyu knew them by heart. The meeting with the principal was brief, the man Lee Jungyeop was nice and welcoming, he probably was one of his father's acquaintances. They we're asked to wait in the cafeteria until all the judges came, since it was still early.
Just minutes after they left, a fuming young woman stormed in the principl's office, the man needn't lifting his head, he knew who it was, in fact he was expecting this visit.

"I didn't invite you, why are you here ?" he asked, without even lifting his head.

"I came to stop you from disgracing the school! what do you think you're doing? Not inviting me won't hide the fact that what you're doing is against the school policy! " She crossed her arms, tapping her high heels on the wooden floor.

"And who are you to tell me about the school's policy. It says to give opportunities to talented youth and that's what I'm doing! so stop lecturing me!"

"Yeah, but only as freshman, not junior. Transfer students are only accepted from other art schools the same level or better than ours, but I heard he's an ordinary student. Can you explain yourself?! "

"That's why we're having this audition, if he's not suitable for our school we won't think a second before throwing him out, happy? " he glared at her.

"As if, do you think I don't know about his father? This is the second time this is happening, I can't let it go again, since you're letting connection mend into your choices, I won't... "

"MISS AMY!!" he cut her off, "Don't you dare question my work, you among all people would know by now last time wasn't a mistake! nor is this time, and if you're being suspicious I'll let you witness the whole audition, you'll be his homeroom teacher anyways, okay? "

"Fine, we'll see!" she then her heels, a smirk decorating her lips, she got what she came for.
She trusted the principal and her fellow teachers, but the school was alive because of its sponsors, scary rich sponsors, one word from them could bring decades of hard work down. She just wanted to see for her self that this audition wasn't a one hundred per cent useless and forced.

Sunggyu was guided to a little theatre on the second level of the building. Four teachers were sitting in the front row, busy looking through some papers. He greeted them then went up stage. It would be a lie to say he was nervous. His friends always find it amazing how he would keep his composure no matter how stressful the situation was.
There was a grand piano at the side with few other instruments installed behind him. He scanned the almost empty theatre. His father was sitting at the back row with Hakyeon, while the principal was sitting in the third row with some young woman, who was giving him an analyzing look.

"Mr Kim Sunggyu, we will now start the audition." a female professor said, her tone was quite firm.

The man next to her stopped flipping through his papers and took the turn to speak.
" Your resume says you play the piano and guitar. We will start with your piano abilities. You see the white envelopes at the back? choose one and play the piece you find in it."
Sunggyu nodded and moved to a little desk at the back, took one thick envelope and opened it slowly, for more suspense, then he read the name out loud "Ludwig Van Beethoven, Fur Elise.... ".
This was the easiest thing he ever played, he confidently walked to the piano, sending a last look to the judges, and without loosing any more time he closed his eyes and his fingers started moving elegantly, creating a beautiful melody flowing over the room.
His father had a relaxed smirk all along, he was the one who taught this piece to Sunggyu when he was just four.

Sunggyu opened his eyes as he was playing the last notes, just to see the reaction of the judges, and as he expected they were amazed by him. He know he did it perfectly, like a professional, and not looking to the notes was a bonus for him.

They took their time writing down somenotes before another teacher asked him to play something brief with the guitar. He chose to play an acoustic version of a sappy love song he learned recently.
His third task was to sing a song of his choice, after all his main interest was singing.
His eyes lightened when an idea hit his mind, he quickly sat in front of the piano, this was his last blow.
A staff member fixed a mic for him, and after a few seconds he started, surprising everyone. It was a love song, but it wasn't sad, his voice matched perfectly with the melody, the fast tempo and even the lyrics.

He was probably in trouble because of his choice of song but he was satisfied with his performance, specially when he made everyone watching him confused.
"excuse me Mr Kim Sunggyu, but do you mind telling us the name of the song you just performed?" The fourth professor asked after he finished his performance.

"Because, the song I just performed is named 'Because ' ." He emphasized confidently, his reply making the judges more confused, if possible.

"Weird, I've never heard about it before, and I thought I was keeping with the trends. Who's the artist?"

"It's me, actually I composed this song last week, it's my first time performing it for someone. " this wasn't totally a lie, he did compose the song last week, it was his last stage with his band, a last gift. So practically it was his first time performing it alone.

"Ehh?" the professors started flipping through their papers again. "But your resume says nothing about composing." the female teacher gave him a questioning look.

"I never took composing classes before, I've been learning it by myself for three years now. " Sunggyu was over cloud nine seeing the impressed look they had after hearing him.

"Impressive, but it's still lacking. Something's missing. " the young woman sitting next to the principal voiced out, the four teachers sighing after hearing her. Sunggyu knew she was trouble. But being Kim Sunggyu, he wasn't an easy prey.

"The piano alone isn't enough to give it the power it needs, the lyrics are weak too, but mostly it's lacking emotion." he admitted, pointing the song flaws for her.

By saying that he was either destroying his chances at this school or enlarging them. Either ways he had nothing to lose.
"You do know your weaknesses, good." her voice was less threatening this time.

No words were said after that, he was dissmessed. Mr Lee told them that he'll call after he negotiate with the judges. Hakyeon gave him two thumbs up while his father kept his poker face.

 

"So Miss Amy, what do you think?" the director asked the young woman sitting next to him, curiously.

"Not bad" he smiled satisfied at her words, "as a beginning ", she continued, causing him to roll his eyes. This woman was hard to please, not surprisingly her students dread her, even few of them hate her.

 


"Driver Cha, drop me at the office, then take Sunggyu wherever he wants, I'll be driving my car starting today."

"Yes sir" came the reply from Hakyeon.
Sunggyu scoffed silently, he knew very well what his father meant by that. This was his method to keep him under his watch 24/7 and away from causing trouble. He will allow it for now, but once he get used to the area he'll get his independence and freedom.


 

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

 

 


After dropping the professor in front of a modern skyscraper, Sunggyu was free to go shopping. He was missing many things he needed, and of course he wanted to make his father's card suffer.

From furniture shopping to buying instant and canned food, the teenager was so picky, but that was nothing compared to clothes shopping.
'How can someone that young have such an expensive taste!' that's what Hakyeon thought, 'I can live leisurely for 10 years with what he spent on one day!'.
He wasn't wrong tho, Sunggyu lived that way for many years, he may eat junk food, take public transportation, play gigs at ty clubs or restaurants or even sleep on the floor, but there was two things he didn't like: using worn out instruments and wearing unbranded clothes.
At first it was just a way to spend the huge lot of money his father withdrew in his account every month, but then it became a habit. His mother didn't mind it either, it was his money and she had no power over it, after all branded clothes are better than drugs and gambling.
But even after being born with a silver spoon in his mouth, he was well raised to be down to earth. He hated all that social classes thing, he wanted to be treated normally, his wish was guaranteed in the states, but it will be difficult in here.

"You're older than me right?" he asked, still busy choosing between two shirts.

"Uh? ah yes. I'm Twenty. " Hakyeon, who've been following him all along around the department store, answered.

"Then I'll call you hyung from now on. I can't call you by your name. It's disrespectful, right? Here try this on, hurry up.".

The driver was left dumbfounded, this was weird. He couldn't understand why he had to try that I-could-work-my-whole-life-and-still-won't-be-able-to-afford outfit. From the ripped jeans, red body-tight shirt, black leather jacket, sneackers, belt and even watch and earnings, Sunggyu made him try everything on. He only understood what was going on when the rich kid payed for everything and gave him the bags.

"Here hyung, a gift." Sunggyu's smile was brief, but sincere.

"I can't accept that. I'm just a driver, it's against my working policy. " he said with a firm tone. "I won't tell the chairman anything about your moves is that what you want, but that, I can't accept it."

"It's not a bribe if that what you're implying, you work for my father not me. He may treat you as a driver and only remembers your family name, but for me your a friend who's helping me getting used to living here. Just accept it, you'll need it someday anyways, when you show me clubs around here." he pushed the bags in his arms with a wink, and the driver had nothing to do but accept it.

"And for your information, I don't care if my father knew about my doings, I like pissing him off. so you don't need to be burdened, just keep doing your work like usual." he continued.

They resumed walking, Hakyeon still processing the other's words. He couldn't believe it, but Sunggyu's words held a bits of sincerity to it. In fact Sunggyu wasn't playing him, he was genuine about what he said because he felt Hakyeon's kindness.

Their last stop was the instruments shop, Sunggyu needed a guitar, a good guitar, and that's what he got: a very expensive one with a customized design. He had to wait a few days for the modifications to be done before they send it to him.

The long hours of shopping made them both exhausted. After a quick dinner at some family restaurant, Hakyeon dropped his new friend and helped him with the big load of shopping bags, then left.

Sunggyu was left alone, his father was probably running late or not coming at all that night, he refused to talk to his mother, his LA friends were probably busy and the only friend he had in Korea was on a school summer trip. He had no one to talk to and nothing to do, so he just showered then went to bed.

He was already drifting away when a message came.
From: Father
"You got accepted, congratulations. "

"Congratulations my " he said, "It better not be a long boring year.." he whispered, throwing his phone on the night stand, surrendering to sleep.

 


 

 

I'm just going to drop this here >.< I'm sick of editing and proofreading the first chapter.  You tell what you think about it in the comments below. 

Eunji won't make an appearance yet. 

The part with Sunggyu and Hakyeon is just to show Sunggyu's nice character and the starting of their friendship.