nine

astronomical
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day passed by quickly, and Youngjae was surprised to see the whole thing flash by so fast. One
minute they were finishing up their ice cream cones, and the next, they're walking out of a movie theatre on a hot summer night, laughing as they did
so.

It was the best (and only) date Youngjae had ever been on during his whole life.

Jaebum didn't know that but if he somehow did, he'd probably find that way too hard to believe.

After the ice cream, they took a walk along one of the forest trails, and took a bunch of photos together. Youngjae set one as his wallpaper on his phone, as did Jaebum.

It was all cute really.

The two ended up going for a movie, (this time paid by Youngjae since the boy insisted so goddamn much), and there they were.

It was one of the latest ones out, some superhero one everyone seemed to be talking about these days. Jaebum had to admit that it was pretty good, especially since Youngjae was by his side.

It was late when they came out though, the movie had been a long one.

The moment they stepped out, Youngjae's eyes shot up straight towards the night sky and he smiled with glee.

He looked back at Jaebum, sporting a wide grin and grabbing the other's hand.

"Come on hyung, we should get going now," He said before pulling Jaebum along with him while he made his way god knows where.

-

It was a small clearing in one of the forest trails the two had previously walked along.

Youngjae found the place with ease, and had a familiar wave of nostalgia rush over him once he saw the area again.

It was one of his favourite stargazing spots, but as perfect as it was, it wasn't that close to his own house so he hardly had a chance to come here.

"This is what you had planned?" Jaebum asked, looking around the place for a bit, taking in his surroundings.

Youngjae simply nodded with a small hum, walking around the place as if looking for something. Jaebum questioned his actions in his mind and watched as the younger boy walked around, searching.

Jaebum blinked as soon as Youngjae's own eyes lit up. Smiling widely.

"Found it!" He heard him cheer under his breath.

"Found what?" Jaebum asked.

"The perfect spot, it's literally exactly in the middle of this place. I made a mark on it so I'd always remember. For a second I thought it disappeared and I lost it, but thank goodness I didn't," Youngjae answered, sounding relieved.

Jaebum had to hold back a laugh, "Wait really? What's the point of having it in the exact middle?" He asked with a teasing grin.

Youngjae rolled his eyes and plopped down on the spot, patting the space next to him.

"Oh you'll see."

Jaebum gave him an amused smile and replied.

"I'm looking forward to it."

Youngjae twisted his body to his side to grab his backpack and place it on his lap. ping it and pulling out a blanket and a jacket. Along with a small book, which definitely peaked Jaebum's interest.

He raised an eyebrow but didn't ask anything. He watched as Youngjae zipped up his bag again, placing it beside him and pulling on his hoodie. He then grabbed the blanket and spread it out on top of them.

"Even though it's summer, it's still gonna get cold hyung~" He smiled, gesturing to the jacket tied around Jaebum's waist.

"Jeez, you're acting like a mom now Youngjae," Jaebum grinned, pulling his jacket out from around him and putting in on.

The sky was a dark blue, but not any stars could be seen yet, as Youngjae had just noted. The sky was also perfectly clear, which made him feel relieved.

He had planned this whole thing all thanks to the weather forecast saying tonight's sky would be as clear as crystal.

Youngjae flopped down onto his back, blankly staring at the night sky, waiting for it to become darker. Waiting for those sparkling dots of light to make themselves visible again. He watched patiently, as Jaebum looked at him slightly confused yet amused at the same time.

"Stargazing? I'm guessing-" He questioned.

"Yeah." Was all Youngjae managed to get out.

Jaebum's face broke into the warmest of smiles,

"That's pretty amazing. And adorable..." He said, mumbling the last bit.

"You think?"

Jaebum simply nodded.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter