fourteen

astronomical
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Youngjae froze in his seat, eyes only shifting to notice the look of regret on his mother's face and the blank, emotionless one on Jaebum's.

"Boyfriend?" His father's voice questioned, tone hard and stern.

There was a pause before anyone spoke, Youngjae's throat felt dry. Then suddenly Jaebum nodded, "Yes he's my boyfriend."

Youngjae sharply turned his head to Jaebum, looking at him with wide eyes. Youngjae then glanced back at his father, who's expression, much like Jaebum's was deemed unreadable.

Or maybe Youngjae just wasn't good at reading people in the first place.

It was tense for what seemed like ages but was probably only a minute or two. Youngjae nervously shifting in his seat, while his mother kept on wiping sweat off her forehead while Jaebum a managed to keep his calm composure.

They had all almost given up hope that Mr Choi would even have the slightest chance of saying something approving.

But then, Youngjae's father broke into a wide grin. Making the other 3 at the table surprised and shocked.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?!" He asked with a soft chuckle.

Youngjae was about to throw himself out the window. He was done. Jaebum, and Youngjae's mother seemed to be thinking the same thing.

Then Mr Choi ended up bursting into an extreme amount of laughter looking at everyone's shocked and slightly annoyed expressions.

Mrs Choi looks at his with a raised eyebrow, and the man simply replies after wiping stray years from his cheeks. "I mean, I was suspecting something but I wasn't exactly sure about anything.." He said with a shrug.

Youngjae's mouth was still agape.

"So you're not planning to kill me?!" He asked in disbelief.

Mr Choi looks taken aback, "Of course not! Why on earth would I—"

He was cut off by his wife's voice. Loud and clear.

"Okay, let's just put this whole situation behind us. I'm not in the mood for arguing about anything. Youngjae and Jaebum are boyfriends yes, okay, cool. Now can we eat?" The woman asks, rolling her eyes.

Youngjae let out a sigh of relief and nodded, plunging straight back into the food. He nudged Jaebum's shoulder gently, a gesture telling him to hurry up and eat his dinner so they could leave.

Dinner was practically over in a matter of minutes. Jaebum politely offering to wash the dishes, while Youngjae's mother politely declined. Saying that she'd rather the two headed upstairs and did something more worthy of
their time.

Jaebum was about to protest but a sighing Youngjae tugged at his arm, saying it was no use. And so the two headed back up into Youngjae's room, door locking behind them as Youngjae literally leaped onto his bed, bursting into a fit of giggles.

Jaebum could only chuckle and walk over to the bed, sitting next the figure sprawled upon the bed. Youngjae shifted around a bit and eventually he ended up with his head in Jaebum's lap while his legs were splayed on the sheets.

Jaebum softly hummed a tune, his fingers through Youngjae's hair, while the younger boy's eyes seemed to be peacefully shut. Jaebum took the chance to study Youngjae's room more carefully and grinned at the sight of so many star related things scattered all over. Astronomy books, a star light on his table, a bag printed with stars, a hanging model of the planets shoved into the corner of his room and the posters stuck on every edge of his walls.

The room literally screamed Youngjae and Jaebum wanted to just stay there forever.

His gaze flickered back down to his boyfriend, a small smile finding its way onto his lips. "You tired baby?" He asked, softly caressing his cheek.

Youngjae let out a small noise, gently shaking his head, eyes still shut.

Jaebum leaned in to peck at his forehead, making the younger hum in appreciation. "Wanna do something?"

Youngjae's warm chocolate eyes flutter open, staring into Jaebum's loving ones. "Like what?" Jaebum simply shrugged in response, "Anything you want-"

Youngjae's eyes lit up as Jaebum spoke, "Oh! I have something in mind, ah could you pass me my phone hyung~?" The boy asked him cut

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter