three

astronomical
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If Youngjae thought the stars were breathtaking, he hadn't seen anything yet.

Jaebum wasn't just breathtaking, he was extraordinary.

And they had only known each other for a few minutes, but Youngjae was captivated.

"Wait, it's Im Jaebum right?" Youngjae suddenly asked, his voice slightly shaky.

Jaebum nodded, "Yeah, why?"

"So this is your house? It's your dad's party?" Youngjae questioned him.

Jaebum nodded with a sigh, "Unfortunately. I honestly believe my parents are going crazy," He said, glancing back at the house.

This earned a laugh from Youngjae. And Jaebum had to admit that his laughter sounded not just adorable, but genuinely happy and bright.

It was so contagious that Jaebum found himself laughing along too.

On the other hand, Youngjae was in love with Jaebum's laugh himself. He couldn't have imagined how it would sound like, so hearing it right at that moment was wonderful.

Youngjae had to admit that he really loved the sound.

A few moments passed before any of them spoke. Simply enjoying each others presence and the cool, crisp air of the night.

During their silence, Youngjae was just a little tempted to look up again at the stars. But by then Jaebum had finally spoke again.

"So anyway, how did you end up getting invited? The older boy asked, his attention fully on the younger.

Youngjae actually had to ponder the thought for a while, thinking back to yesterday's dinner. He bit his lip and slightly puffed out his cheeks while he thought.

The moment he saw that, Jaebum was so tempted to take a picture of him, and scream about how cute it looked forever.

..He couldn't of course.

"Ah, right! Apparently our dads were good old friends and they just met again for the first time in ages. Then I guess your dad told mine that his birthday was today and well, here we are." Youngjae finally answered.

Jaebum grinned a bit at his answer. "Oh? I'm honestly surprised it wasn't something more crazy than that. My parents have met some people in the weirdest ways."

Youngjae raised an eye at his last sentence, curious as to what he meant.

Jaebum simply shook his head, 
"You don't wanna know."

Youngjae shrugged it off and thought he'd be better off not knowing.

-

What seemed like hours passed and the two were still talking. It was surprising to Youngjae since he hadn't talked to someone like this for quite a long time.

Jaebum had learned that Youngjae was only a year younger than him. And surprisingly that they even attend the same school.

Although talk of school was mostly avoided since none of them wanted to ruin the summer holiday mood.

Youngjae had also found out that Jaebum was an only child and his parents weren't that close with him. It made Youngjae's heart hurt since he has two kind siblings and parents who cared for him, even though his father was unsupportive.

Jaebum

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter