eight

astronomical
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I used to go to that place a lot when I was younger," Jaebum spoke up as the two walked along the footpath, the summer sun nipping at their skin.

"Really? What happened?" Youngjae asked, still clueless about where they were going.

"...I just got, discouraged I guess?" Jaebum somewhat answered, sounding unsure. Youngjae frowned slightly at his words.

"But I guess once I met you, I kinda felt like going back there again for once," Jaebum smiled looking back up at Youngjae, cheeks tinting pink.

Youngjae blinked in surprise and flattery, while his face flushed with colour.

"God you're so adorable," Jaebum muttered, hands shoved into his pockets.

Youngjae was caught up in a few thoughts of his own, completely missing what Jaebum had just said under his breath.

"What was that hyung?" He asked.

Jaebum inwardly sighed, slightly shrugging his shoulders as he replied, "The park." He said instead, not wanting to repeat what he said before.

Youngjae blinked in surprise, "What?"

Jaebum smiled a little, "It's the park, we're going to the park."

"Oh- Your favourite place is the park? That one?" He asked, pointing to a familiar looking area complete with swings, a slide and a few more playthings for the children. It was the only one Youngjae knew of in the area.

Jaebum nodded at his first question but shook his head at the next, "Yes the park, but no not that one. It's the one past that huge clump of trees, next to those shops near my place. It's more older than this one I think," " He told him, lightly biting his lip.

"There's a park there?" Youngjae asked.

Jaebum chuckled, "Well yeah, I think it's sort of forgotten now though."

The two boys walked along, it was mostly in silence but the quiet was more comforting than awkward. Youngjae was looking around, admiring sights he'd never stopped to see before while Jaebum was in a world of nostalgia. Not having come here in a while, it made the older feel pleased in a way.

It was a few more minutes until Youngjae sighed and said something.

 

"Hyung.. How much longer is it gonna take? My legs are starting to hurt," He whined, stopping to rub his knees a little.

Jaebum looked amused, "You're not very physical are you?"

Youngjae pouted at that, "Hey, I am! It's just that we've been walking for like 10 years, how far is this place? Aren't you tired?"

Jaebum laughed a little at the younger boy, "No, not really and don't worry it's really not that much further,"

Youngjae sighed, exasperated.

Jaebum paused for a minute and then a grin spread across his face.

"Want me to carry you then?"

Youngjae flushed pink at the question, "What?"

Jaebum grinned even more, patting his own back and crouching down a bit.

"I'll give you a ride if you want?"

Youngjae was so tempted yet so embarrassed. He really wanted to but he wasn't sure if his poor little heart could take it. Jaebum made him feel overwhelmed a lot.

"U-uh, sure!?" He answered with a little bit too much enthusiasm.

Jaebum chuckled at the cute boy and gestured for him to come over. Youngjae walked up to him and hopped on, clinging onto Jaebum for dear life.

"You're not actually that heavy," Jaebum mindlessly commented.

"Really?" Youngjae asked.

Jaebum nodded and took a few steps forward before another idea came to mind.

"Hold on tight Youngjae ah," He smirked.

Before Youngjae could even register what was happening, Jaebum had run full speed ahead and Youngjae was lurched forward with him.

He grabbed onto Jaebum so hard it almost hurt, scared he'd fall. Jaebum was laughing as he ran past the trees and plants.

Youngjae yelled out, laughing along as he loosened up a little, enjoying the feeling. Jaebum smiled widely once he heard Youngjae's giggles and excited laughs, still running towards the park.

Youngjae was giggling while Jaebum sprinted around, holding onto the older boy tightly.

It only took a little longer to reach there, and by the time they made it, the two collapsed onto the grass, a mess of giggles and laughs.

"I thought you were gonna dr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter