four

astronomical
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Youngjae was extremely thankful that he didn't have to walk home in the middle of the night or that he might have to embarrassingly have to wait for his parents to come pick him up.

Youngjae was extremely grateful that Jaebum had offered for him to stay over.

It was about 2:30am, and the party had finally finally died down, and many people had head out. Of course there were the odd few who collapsed onto the floor or fell onto a couch, but nobody could be bothered to deal with all that right now.

Youngjae was still surprised that the party even got this crazy in the first place. It reminded him of those out of control teenager parties or like the ones you see in those college movies.

At the moment, he was currently trudging his way up the stairs of Jaebum's house, following behind the older boy and watching him carefully. Fortunately, the stairs and upstairs area hadn't been touched by any of the partygoers, so Youngjae was safe enough.

Once they reached the top, Youngjae was greeted with a fairly ordinary looking hallway. A few doors on each side, a table fully decorated with a potted plant and a few scented candles. It was plain and simple, but still nice.

"My room's this one here on the left. I'd let you sleep in the guest room but I have a strong feeling that my parents probably let my Aunt stay in there... And well, she's uh, how do I say this?? A 'unique' person I guess. It'd just be better off if you don't meet her." Jaebum told him, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

Youngjae laughed a little at his words, and nodded, "It's fine, I don't really think I'd like to anyway."

"So anyhow, like I was saying, my rooms right here," He informed him, pushing opening the already ajar door.

Youngjae peered inside and saw what seemed to be quite the simple room. Dark grey bedsheets, black and light grey pillows, and a few old looking posters stuck on the walls. A closet on the side, and a black dresser on the opposite. He also noticed a matching black chest of draws in the corner and his nightstand, which of course matched too. There was a light rug on the floor, and his curtains seemed to be the exact same shade.

It was very simple, and bland.

Sure Youngjae liked the plainness of it all, but hated it at the same time. It seemed quite boring, and Jaebum honestly didn't seem like a boring person to him at all.

He heard the other sigh, "I know you probably think it looks really boring. I agree to be honest, but I don't know how to make it look nicer so I just left it like this. It's good enough for me anyways," Jaebum shrugged.

Youngjae was about to reply, until his attention was caught by a figure shifting about on the bed. "Oh! Is that Nora?" He asked, his eyes immediately lighting up. He ran over to her, but didn't get too close. He didn't want his allergies to act up.

Jaebum simply laughed at Youngjae's enthusiasm, "Yep, that's her," He answered, smiling proudly, looking down at his beloved cat. "She's so cute!" Youngjae squealed. "Her eyes are beautiful too," He added, still looking at the feline in awe.

Nora simply glanced over at Youngjae, wondering who the noisy intruder was, and why the heck Jaebum brought him in his room in the first place. For all the poor cat could understand, Jaebum seemed to not have many friends come over in the first place.

"Yeah they are," Jaebum smiled, agreeing wholeheartedly with Youngjae's words.

"I wish I could pet her," He suddenly sighed. Jaebum looked slightly sad at his words, "I would let you, I really would, but I wouldn't want you to get too sick. I know how bad fur allergies can get. My mum has it." He said, the slightly sad tone evident in his voice.

Youngjae looked back at Jaebum, "She does?" He questioned, eyebrows raised.  Jaebum nodded, "She was reluctant to get me the cat in the first place, but I was apparently young, stubborn and whiney so I ended up getting her. Nora just wasn't allowed around the whole house the majority of the time, especially when my mum was home. Plus I always have to clean up wherever she's been so my mum doesn't accidentally start having a fit."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter