six

astronomical
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Youngjae had arrived home, he was bombarded by questions from his parents. Asking where he was last night, and why they couldn't find him, and where he had gone after.

 

He of course explained it all to them. How he had become friends with Im Jaebum, and how he was offered to stay the night. Although that's all he mentioned, the younger boy wouldn't want to go into any detail at all.

Thankfully he wasn't in any trouble for it.

After he had put his stained shirt in the wash, he rushed up the stairs and into his room. He changed into a pair of loose sweatpants, but he kept on the shirt.

Jaebum's shirt.

He was planning on changing it but he just didn't have the heart to, so he kept it on while he switched on his laptop and took out his phone.

He saw a new text from somebody and quickly looked closer to see who it was.

"my star 💫" - The contact name read.

Youngjae's cheeks dusted with colour once he realised who it was.

Jaebum.

 

Yes he knows that when they first exchanged numbers, names were simply written as "Youngjae" and "Jaebum". But while Youngjae was making the trip home, he spent some time thinking of what to change the contact name to.

What he chose now had come up in his mind many times while he was walking, but the cheesiness of it put him off.

He ended up choosing it anyway. 
(What could he say? It was already pretty much true)

He eagerly opened up his messages and checked what it said,

 

 

 

from: my star 💫
to: me
'did you make it home safely?'

Youngjae grinned like an idiot when he saw it, immediately tapping on the type box to reply.

to: my star 💫
from: me
"of  course hyung, thanks for asking☺️"

Youngjae held his phone to his chest for a second once he sent it, a smile forming on his face. It was only a day and a half away from Monday and Youngjae was getting excited already.

Then he remembered, the stars.

Youngjae immediately went to check the weather forecast for tonight and saw that it would be slightly cloudy. He could still go out but his telescope wouldn't prove too useful with the clouds around. It was best on a clear night.

The only one Youngjae had seen in a while was yesterday's one, but of course something much better happened yesterday so he didn't mind too much.

He began to think of the previous day's memories but was interrupted by a loud buzzing noise coming from his phone.

He took a glance at the notification that popped up on the screen.

Jaebum. He replied.

Youngjae quickly slid open the messaging app once again, ready to properly read his message.

from: my star 💫
to: me
'oh that's good then, have you eaten anything yet?'

Youngjae laughed out loud at the question. He was acting like his mother, but even she wouldn't pester him that much.

It was only around 3pm, so there was still a few hours before he had dinner.

to: my star 💫
from: me
'i only had a snack, it's not even close to dinner yet wyd hyung 😂'

He placed his phone back on his desk, while he looked up a few more things on the web. Sparing the smaller device a few glances to check if Jaebum had replied yet, even though he knew he'd hear the vibrations.

Youngjae finally decided to give up on searching things on the web and closed his laptop, the exact same moment that he heard a familiar buzz from his phone.

Youngjae picked up the device and walked over to his bed, plopping down on the soft mattress with a thud. His blue bedspread becoming crinkled in the process.

He unlocked his phone once again to read the message;

from: my star 💫
to: me
'i was just checking pls, i don't want u to starve to death 3'

Youngjae snorted at the reply, quickly tapping a reply.

to: my star 💫
from: me
'mhm, sure u were.."

Youngjae grinned at the reply, tapping the send button and placing his phone back down on the sheets. He glanced over to his nightstand, noticing a book left there.

Harry Potter obviously.
(a/n: if u read evenings u'd get this lol)

He picked up the book and began to read from where he had left off. He wasn't focusing as much as he'd like to though, the thoughts of Jaebum always crossing his mind.

And then the thought of going stargazing with Jaebum crossed his mind, and Youngjae forgot there was even a book in his hands.

He imagined the two of them lying down somewhere on the grass, a perfectly clear starry night and a blanket to cuddle up in if it got too cold. Maybe something to drink or eat? Actually probably not, he'd be distracted by two of the most beautiful things in the world.

Jaebum and the stars.

...Well technically speaking, to Youngjae, Jaebum was a star.
And one of the most breathtaking ones at that.

He was jolted awake from his fantasies by a buzz from his phone once again. The giddy feeling in his stomach only increasing by the minute.

-
Jaebum grinned at the bright screen of his phone, reading over the reply Youngjae had sent t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter