five

astronomical
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He felt warm.

I mean, sure it was summer but to Youngjae it felt extra warm. He was foreign to the feeling. Waking up, and being engulfed in warmth.

Even though it was different, he had to admit it was a nice change. The comfort almost made him drowsy enough to fall back asleep again.

Until he shifted his arms and realised that someone else's was gripping him tight.

The warmth, it came from there.

Youngjae was almost about to scream out loud when he finally noticed slightly larger arms wrapped against his waist, and when he felt soft breathing on his neck. He would've tried to thrash and get himself out, but it was too comfortable to give up.

Especially when his senses were filled with that familiar smell.

Jaebum.

The memories of the night before flashed back to him, flooding his mind. He remembered how his parents left him at Jaebum's house and how Jaebum offered him to sleep in his room.

Youngjae had also remembered that he was in the other boy's clothes. But Youngjae had most definitely fallen asleep on the bed, and Jaebum most definitely fell asleep on the floor.

So now why on earth was he currently bundled up into Jaebum's arms like some sort of teddy bear?

He forced his eyes open again, looking around and trying to take in his surroundings a bit better. 

He was definitely still in the bed.

Meaning that Jaebum probably got up here somehow, and managed to cuddle Youngjae to death. The younger boy found it even more surprising that he didn't actually mind as much as he thought he would.

A soft groan was heard from behind him and all the poor boy could do was become frozen in his place.

He felt the slightest shift behind him, and a small empty moment of silence. Then he felt Jaebum's fingers moving slightly as if he was trying to figure out what his hands were on.

Then he felt him flinch, and the arms were taken off immediately.

"." He heard Jaebum mutter.

Youngjae honestly wasn't sure what that meant. He couldn't tell if it was meant in a bad way or not.

"..Youngjae?" He heard his voice whisper.

Youngjae squeezed his eyes closed, hoping Jaebum wouldn't try to look over and check if he was awake or not. He wasn't the best at pretending.

Youngjae was out of luck.

He felt Jaebum reaching over and stopping in his place, taking in the sight in front of him.

Youngjae inwardly sighed and opened his eyes. The sudden shock of light making him squint slightly.

Jaebum looked surprised.

And may he add that his cheeks were flushed pink and he was biting his lip awkwardly.

Youngjae couldn't hold in his laugh, and Jaebum gave him a look of mock hurt.

"Sorry," Jaebum finally said, once Youngjae's giggles died down.

"For what hyung?" The younger simply asked, trying to avoid his gaze.

"If you were awake just then, then you would know," Youngjae caught him mumbling, as Jaebum turned his face away.

"You were hugging me to death." Youngjae stated, a grin forming itself on his face. Jaebum gave him a sheepish look, "I just couldn't sleep on the floor. My own bed honestly looked more welcoming, and I was frustrated so I decided to sleep on it. I'm sorry if you felt weird I probably shouldn't have-"

Youngjae didn't have any time to think before the words came out of his mouth.

"It's okay hyung, I didn't mind."

Jaebum looked back at Youngjae, cheeks still flushed with colour and Youngjae had an idea that his was probably the same too.

Jaebum opened his mouth to speak but closed it once he saw Nora jump onto the bed.

"Nora!" He said, sounding the slightest bit annoyed.

The cat lazily glanced over at him and went to lay on the foot of the bed.

"Get off." The older boy muttered, through gritted teeth.

Nora simply replied with a meow and stretched herself on the bed.

"Youngjae's allergies are gonna act up," He told the feline, like she could actually understand him.

Youngjae was trying his best not to let out a giggle.

"Hyung it's fine if she doesn't come any closer." He grinned, admiring the cat.

Jaebum looked slightly flustered, "Are you sure Youngjae? The fur's gonna stay on the bed so if you move it might get to you.." He told the other, the worry evident in his voice.

Youngjae gave Jaebum his best reassuring smile, "It's definitely fine."

The smile immediately left Youngjae's voice when he spoke again, "What's the time?"

Jaebum blinked in surprise, he hadn't even begun to think about the time. He quickly checked his phone and read what came up on his screen.

"It's 1:02pm.." He said in slight disbelief.

"We slept that late?" Youngjae asked surprised.

"Apparently,"Jaebum answered, although he sounded just as surprised as the other.

Jaebum bit his lip for a moment, he seemed to be thinking about something. Youngjae watched him curiously as Jaebum pulled himself out of the bed and walked straight out of the room.

Nora perked up at his leaving and immediately hopped off the bed to follow him.

Youngjae sat up in the bed, but he was too lazy to get up and follow him.

"Hyung?" He asked, confused.

"Just give me a minute," Jaebum replied from the door

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter